Search the best hotels in Trentino
Trentino might not have an instantaneously recognisable name, but this region is where you’ll find the Dolomites. Not Italy’s tallest mountain range, but arguably its most dramatic. Alpine but with more red stone than you might expect, these mountains are a playground for climbers, hikers, skiers and anyone who enjoys a spectacular view. You might think all our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Trentino are up in the mountains or mountain valleys, but that’s not quite the case.
At the southern end of Trentino you’ll find Lake Garda, which is where you’ll find some of the best places for those who prefer spectacular lake views to spectacular mountain views.
Beyond the views there are national parks protecting stunning areas of unspoiled wilderness and providing another landscape for those seeking adventure in the great outdoors. Then there are peaceful rural valleys, vineyards, orchards and pretty hamlets. Trentino is a fantastic place for foodies as this whole region is such a European melting pot.
What not to miss
- Trento has a beautiful collection of medieval and renaissance architecture and a noteworthy cathedral.
- Rovereto has a pretty medieval centre, but is better known for its production of cheese, chocolate, coffee, wine, silk and glass.
- Then there’s the picturesque lakeside town of Riva del Garda.
- Don't miss the beautiful Tenno, just north of Lake Garda.
- The charming town of Arco has a stunning hilltop castle.
If you're planning to come to the region in the busy summer months, just remember to book your pick of the best places to stay in Trentino well ahead.
The best places to stay in Trentino
- The Chalet Aplenrose is a cosy ski chalet within the borders of the Stelvio National Park. It has 19 alpine style rooms with wood panelling, exposed beams and four-poster beds. There is a lovely sun-deck, spa, sauna and hot tub. The restaurant specialists in Tyrolean cuisine.
For romantic breaks
- The Villa Orso Grigio is in the hilltops of Val di Non where the views are spectacular. It’s a fairytale spot with ten traditional wood panelled rooms with alpine furniture. Each room has a private garden and some have Turkish baths. There is a pool and a restaurant with an elegant wine and cigar room.
- The LIdo Palace is a five star resort perfectly positioned between lovely Lake Garda and the mountains. The stunning Liberty villa has ben converted into a 42 room hotel with contemporary designer flair. There’s a fabulous spa, extensive grounds and a gourmet restaurant.
- Arco’s Vivere Suites are a sleek collection of six contemporary ground floor suites, all with private gardens and kitchenettes. There is a spa and pool onsite and plenty of facilities for outdoor adventures close by.
- The Villa Kofler offers a collection of contemporary suites, all with sleek, individual decor, an extensive spa menu and an excellent fusion restaurant. It’s also well located for those wanting to explore the beautiful mountains which surround the villa.
- Garni on the Rock in Arco has 19 rooms right up next to a sheer natural rock face - so this is a perfect spot for anyone interested in climbing. There’s also a spa with Turkish bath and sauna and the views are lovely.
For value for money
- The Hotel Garni Laurino in Cavalese Trento is a fabulous country hotel with 12 rooms surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery. The decor is traditional - think wood panelled walls and four poster beds - and the rooms come in a range of sizes from doubles to suites to whole apartments. Starting from around £30 per night.
- For a similar room rate you could stay in the Stella Alpina, a cosy and traditional seven room B&B with an excellent wine cellar and a local shop on site. As well as B&B rooms there are two apartments complete with kitchens.
- Da Gianni is a delightful property just outside the centre of Arco. Rooms are traditional in style, there's a spa for massages and treatments and a lovely garden with pool. It's great value too with rooms from just €90 per night including breakfast.
- If you’re visiting Trentino on a family ski holiday then the Hotel Letitzia is perfect for you. Situated at the foot of Pale di San Martino there are 34 classic, alpine style rooms with wood panels, four-poster beds and views across the Dolomites. The restaurant serves excellent local cuisine.
- The Hotel Elda is at the southern edge of Trentino close to Lake Garda. It’s an eco-friendly hotel with 17 simple attractive rooms, a spa and pool and an Eastern European restaurant. Great if you want to do a spot of fishing, cycling, skiing or hiking etc..
For an apartment or villa
- For people looking for some place all to themselves, explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Two of the closest airports to the region of Trentino are Milan Bergamo and Verona.
- Trentino is a big region so if you are looking to explore, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars and hiring a car.
- When to visit Trentino depends on what you want to do, skiing in the winter or relaxing in the summer sun.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Trentino.
- Expand your search to include all our recommendations in Lake Garda.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Trentino
Best Hotels in Trentino
Hotel Garni Laurino Cavalese Trento, Trentino 12 rooms from £30Families - Four flats are ideal for groups of friends or families, they sleep up to 6.Back to Nature - Natural waterfalls and monumental trees form spectacular landscapes.Great walks - Guided hiking tours.Kayaking - And canyoning.
A fabulous country house in a spectacular natural setting surrounded by waterfalls, mountains, and hiking trails. Traditional charming interiors have wooden walls, four poster beds, and cosy spaces. Doubles, suites, and flats to choose from. An excellent choice for an active holiday. See More
Stella Alpina Canazei Trento, Trentino 7 rooms from £31Families - The two apartments attached to the B&B have two bedrooms and kitchens.Value chicGroupsTraditional
Villa Kofler Campitello di Fassa Trento, Trentino from £56Romantic BreakFour poster beds - For romantics.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hotel Caffe Centrale Trento, Trentino 4 rooms from £56Spa breaks - The wellness centre boasts a pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam bath and treatments are available on request.Business meetings - There are two meeting rooms specifically catering to business meetings.Great walks - Near the Dolomite Mountains, an ideal place for long walks with fabulous views.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool
In the heart of the Dolomite mountains lies the family-ran Hotel Cafe Centrale, boasting sublime panoramic views of Mezzocorona. The rooms are light and cosy, with crisp white linen, plenty of pine and clean lines. Boasting a spoiling spa ideal to return to after a day spent outdoors. See More
La Mirandola Vermiglio, Trentino 29 rooms from £74Active Holiday - Perfectly positioned for outdoor mountain activities all year round.Other Activities - Nordic walking, mushroom picking and raftingSkiing - Marilleva Ski Area and Pradalago Gondola.Romantic Break - A romantic building and location.
Hotel Letizia Trentino 34 rooms from £110Local exploring - Skiing in the Lagorai chain, cross country skiing in Val Canali, Paneveggion Natural Park for walking and hikingFamilies - Dolomites family fun programme of skiing, mountain exploring, barn animals, games room, afternoon activitiesSpa - Beauty and Wellness center: Ninfa del Bosco Incantato.Views - UNSECO listed Dolomites
Hotel Elda Ledro, Lake Garda 17 rooms from £97Country Escape - Set in beautiful countryside at the foot of the Dolomites this is a perfect country escapeEco break - The hotel is completely eco-friendly in terms of energy and building materials.Foodies - The restaurant serves up the family's recipes and they're superb!Skiing - In the winter this is an excellent base for cross-country skiers.Recommended by - I Escape, Michelin Travel
An eco friendly hotel in a spectacular setting close to Lake Garda, Lake Ledro and surrounded by mountains. Simple attractive rooms, a restaurant with Eastern European flair, swimming pool and spa. Fishing, cycling, skiing, walking etc. Perfect for families and the great outdoors. See More
Chalet Alpenrose Cogolo di Pejo, Trentino 19 rooms from £99Families - Wildlife trails and ski schools for the children, spa and sauna in the hotel for adultsGreat walks - In the Stelvio National Park and Adamello-Brenta Natural ParkViews - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.
Alp & Wellness Sport Hotel Panorama Trento, Trentino 59 rooms from £102Families - With family suites, a local ski school, children's entertainment and babysitting services, all the family is catered forSpa breaks - In addition to its numerous facilities the extensive spa offers a range of body treatments and fitness packagesActive Holiday - An abundance of outdoor activities are possible including tennis, horseriding, hiking and skiingTennis - The property has four red clay courts on offer, just reserve a time at reception
Nestled in the Italian Dolomites, this hotel offers a range of high-end suites, all furnished in a modern style and designed with natural materials. Boasting two swimming pools, clay tennis courts and a fine-dining restaurant, while the superb spa is perfect to return to after a day spent outdoors. See More
Garni on the Rock Arco 19 rooms from £105Active Holiday - Fantastic Climbing facilitiesLakeside - A short way from Lake GardaSailing - Sailing on Lake GardaViews - Great views from hotel
Ideal for the adventurous! Not only can you climb the natural rock face that towers over the hotel - there is also an indoor boulder room. Bedrooms boast modern furnishings and great mountain views. The private spa includes a Turkish bath and Sauna. Plenty of activities on offer. See More
Maribel Hotel Madonna di Campiglio 24 rooms from £150Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSpa
Villa Orso Grigio Trentino 10 rooms from £157Romantic Break - Complete privacy in secluded setting. Each room has a private garden, massages in the rooms, and excellent cuisineActive Holiday - Skiing and outstanding walking trips: Mendola Pass, Gampenpass, Tovel Lake and Mount LucoSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSpa
A romantic hotel in the hilltops of upper Val di Non. Rooms blend traditional wooden ceilings and Alpine furniture with subtle modern features. Each room has a private garden; some with turkish baths. Pool, excellent traditional dishes, and elegant wine and cigar rooms. A fairytale spot. See More
Biohotel Hermitage Madonna di Campiglio (Trento) 25 rooms from £139Skiing - Free shuttle bus to the liftsFoodies - Michelin star restaurant.EcoWellbeingRecommended by - Tablet
Wonderful family run hotel and spa a bus ride from the nearest ski lift. Traditional but chic, huge bedrooms and suites have wooden floors, wooden ceilings, big beds, neutral tones and fantastic views from private balconies. Michelin star restaurant and fabulous spa. Family friendly and romantic. See More
Boutique Hotel Diana Madonna di Campiglio 27 rooms from £139Great walks - The surrounding valley is full of great walking routes.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSpa
Lagacio Mountain Residence Cortina (San Cassiano) 24 rooms from £156Skiing - Free shuttle bus to and from the slopes at Alta BadiaSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolSpaSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Sporthotel Panorama Trentino 52 rooms from £161Active Holiday - Numerous outdoor activities throughout the seasons, from skiing in the winter to alpine hikes in the summerSights nearby - Visit historic Trento, Thun Castle, the stunning medieval Castel Belfort, Stenico Castle or Toblino CastleTennis - For tennis enthusiasts there are four red-clay courts on-siteSwimming Pool - Indoor pool (seasonal)
A charming village hotel, in the stunning Dolomites, with an emphasis on year-round outdoor activities. The rustic alpine aesthetic features Swiss pine and bare brick, and the rooms boast spectacular mountain views. The top-notch restaurant, winery and indulgent spa are a real plus. See More
Hotel Chalet del Sogno Madonna di Campiglio (Trento) 18 rooms from £191Skiing - Just 25m from the piste!5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Active HolidaySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Lovely 5 star chalet with beautiful suites. Wood, wool, lime, and local stone make up the entire building attesting to its eco-label certification. Sumptuous rooms, family rooms and suites with private balconies. Excellent spa and restaurant. Comfortable and cosy, but still chic. See More
Rosa Alpina Cortina (San Cassiano) 51 rooms from £234Restaurant - Two Michelin starred Restaurant St HubertusGymSkiingViews - Panoramic views of the DolomitesRecommended by - Tablet, Relais & Chateaux
DV Boutique Hotel Madonna di Campiglio (Trento) 20 rooms from £252Skiing - Shuttle bus to the Spinale cable carSpa breaksActive HolidayBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A boutique hotel in a mountain top village with an excellent spa and restaurant. Naturally constructed bedrooms have wooden floors and animal hides strewn around. Some have private balconies, private sauna or wooden stove. An excellent spa hotel for an active mountain holiday, family friendly too. See More
Lefay Resort & Spa Dolomiti Madonna di Campiglio 88 rooms from £395Spa breaks - This hotel has a chic, modern spa onsite, with an interior wall garden and huge windows offering views of the mountainsRomantic Break - With stylish suites, a full service spa and beautiful views, book this hotel for a relaxing couples' getawayHideaway - Nestled in the secluded setting of the Dolomites Mountains, book this hotel for a luxury hideaway holidayRestrictions on children - This is an adults-only hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This luxury hotel and spa is set in the spectacular landscape of the Dolomites Mountains. In the spacious suites, the forest is invited in through floor-to-ceiling windows and the use of natural and locally sourced materials. Head to the spa for a wellness treatment with mountain views. See More