- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Ravenna
Ravenna seems quite unassuming at first, picturesque, but not large or especially grand. But it’s well known world wide for its amazing collection of mosaics. Some of these brilliant golden masterpieces are within rather simple looking terracotta coloured churches, which just seems to make Ravenna seem all the more romantic. Many of the best places to stay in Ravenna can be found within the pedestrianised historic centre of town in amongst the mosaics.
Things not to miss:
- The mosaic collection is spread between several churches and baptisteries, and date from the 4th through 6th Century. Some of the highlights include the Basilica de San Vitale, which has mosaics depicting the Old Testament, and the Mausoleo de Gall Placida, which is in the same complex; the Basilica de Sant’Apollinare Nuovo, which has 26 wonderful white robed martyrs, the Battistero degli Ariani and the Basilica de Sant’Apollinare in Class. Since 1966 Ravenna’s collection has been Heritage Listed by UNESCO.
- Ravenna is also where you’ll find Dante’s tomb, and several impressive museums.
- Ravenna also has numerous slightly lesser churches and monasteries, which, in any other town would be a must see. Ravenna does spoil your eyes somewhat.
- As well as working your way though the mosaic highlights, Ravenna is a lovely town to stroll around, with cafes, bars and restaurants on every corner overlooking pretty streets and piazzas.
So with all these attractions, the city is a popular tourist destination. Anyone planning a trip should not leave it till the last minute if they want to book one of the best places to stay in Ravenna
The best places to stay in Ravenna
For a traditional stay
- Awash with traditional charm, M Club is a delightful guesthouse in the heart of Ravenna. Elegant rooms are full of fascinating antique furniture as well as tasteful art work. A great place for people looking for some local Italian hospitality.
- Within the network of Ravenna’s traffic-free streets close to the basilica, the Albergo Cappello is a traditional, 19th Century hotel with seven romantic rooms. Each room has its own character, but expect high ceilings, chandeliers and antiques. There’s also a restaurant and wine bar.
For a chic B&B
- Santa Maria Foris offers six seriously stylish B&B rooms in the heart of the city. The perfect spot for a chic city break. And it's incredibly good value too!
For a private apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The best airports for getting to Ravenna are Rimi (40 miles) or Bologna (45 miles).
- For those who are keen on hiring a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Holiday Autos.
- The best time to visit Ravenna is in the summer months when the temperature sits comfortably in the early 20s.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Ravenna for you?
Best Hotels in Ravenna
Albergo Cappello 7 rooms from $125Ravenna
Traditional hotel from 19th century in city centre. Romantic rooms have chandeliers, high ceilings and antiques dotted throughout. Excellent authentic Italian cuisine in the restaurant and a lively wine bar. Historic, central and wonderful service.Great walks - In a network of pleasant, nearly traffic-free streetsSights nearby - San Vitale Basilica; Church of San Giovanni BattistaTraditionalRecommended by - Fodors
M Club 4 rooms from $103Ravenna
Fifteenth century edifice situated in Ravenna's pedestrian area. The rooms are elegantly and traditionally decorated with lovely pieces of antique furniture. Wake up each morning to a generous buffet breakfast before exploring the city-a quaint and charming spot that's great value for money.City Style - Located in central Ravenna this is the perfect base from which to explore the cityValue chic - Beautiful décor, a traditional stay - all at a great priceSights nearby - Visit the beautiful Basilica San Vitale or Basilica of Sant'Apollinaire Nuovo which are located less than a mile awayFull of character
Santa Maria Foris 6 rooms from $98Ravenna
Charming B&B in the heart of the Ravenna's old town. The rooms are spacious and luxurious, with elegant furnishings. Ideally located for exploring Ravenna's Roman and Byzantine rich culture with highlights such as the Galla Placidia Museum just a short stroll away.Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from the Basilica San VItale and Piazza del Popolo square.Sailing - Perfect stopping point for a sailing trip around the Adriatic coast.Romantic - Good for couples.