- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Sestriere
Sitting on the pass linking Val Susa and Val Chisone, little Sestriere is completely surrounded by mountains, many of which have been turned into ski fields, part of the Via Lattea ski region. Sestriere has around a thousand inhabitants in summer, but during the ski season, the population flourishes towards twenty thousand. There are several good hotels and chalets in the centre of town, but some of the best places to stay in Sestriere can be found in the surrounding mountains and parklands. Book one of these and you can ensure you won't have to share your spectacular views!
When it gets going, Sestriere has around 400kms worth of ski runs and trails, and you can even ski some runs at night.
In summer it is quieter though, except when the Tour de France, or the Giro d'Italia come through. Sestriere is also where you can find Europe's highest golf course.
What Not To Miss
- Head off on a bicycle or motorbike around La Strada dell'Assietta. This 34km long dirt road winds through the mountains and offers wonderul views of the surrounding area.
- If you're visiting in the summer then play a round or two at the Golf Club Sestriere. Set amidst stunningly peaceful countryside, it's a lovely course.
- Take the whole family to Chaberoton Adventure park for a fun-filled day out zipping around the forest using ziplines, climbing ropes and more. A great choice for kids - it's basically a huge playground in nature!
If you're planning to visit either during the winter season or when the cyclists come through, make sure you plan ahead and book the best places to stay in Sestriere well in advance. Otherwise visit during the quieter periods, when you can imagine you've got the mountains to yourself.
For modern mountain luxury
- The Shackleton Mountain Resort is within the Via Lattea Olympic ski area, perfect for skiers, cross-country skiers, mountain bikers, hikers and horse riding. This is a modern hotel, but they still have wood panelling so it feels a bit chalet-y too. There's also the stunning mountain views to help that, and the traditional dishes served in the restaurant.
For traditional chalet hotel
- Il Capricorno is a small chalet hotel with plenty of Alpine charm, but also all the mod. cons. you need, and some nice artworks. You're quite a way off the beaten track, so this is a great place to escape to.
For An Apartment
- If you think you'd be best served by a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available with our partner, booking.com.
- Visitors can fly to Turin Airport (90 km east of Sestriere.) If you're coming from London then Ryanair offer direct flights from Stansted, Blue Air from Luton and British Airways from Gatwick.
- From the airport take the bus to Port Nuova station, then hop on a train to Oulx (at a cost of €6). From here, there's a regular bus service that'll take you to Sestriere. Overall, the journey time's around 1hr 40 minutes.
- Assuming you're coming for the snow, it's obviously best to visit in the winter months. Sestriere is also lovely though in the summer, with a number of wonderful activities on offer to help you make the most out of the wonderful countryside.
- Be warned though that high season rates apply almost all year round, with just a brief dip in prices in early December and mid-March.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Sestriere
Il Capricorno 9 rooms from £127Sauze d'Oulx, Piedmont
An enchanting chalet in the Cozie Alps. Rooms in classic Alpine style, with wooden panelling, art works, antique finishes, and all mod-cons. Lounge and bar, excellent traditional Piedmont cuisine. An ideal choice for family or couple, for skiing or recharging.Hideaway - Nestled in the Cozie Alps, with many spots to read or enjoy the view from. Stunning scenery over lakes and Val di Susa.Active Holiday - Miles of slopes, trekking tours, mountain biking, riding, as well Gran Bosco di Salbertrand national parkViews - Cozie AlpsSecluded setting - For escaping.
Shackleton Mountain Resort 19 rooms from £110Sestriere
A modern hotel in the Via Lattea Olympic ski area. Contemporary rooms with wooden panelling, stunning mountain views and some have private saunas or hot tubs. Traditional mountain food, two pools and spa treatments. Striking architecture throughout. A wonderful choice for a family ski weekend.Families - Plenty of activities for children in Shackleton besides skiing- picnics, nature excursions, swimming, mueseum of animalsActive Holiday - Skiing, mountain-biking, heliskiing, tenting experiences, Nordic Walking tours, horse-riding, personal trainingSkiing - Minutes from lifts; 460km of pistesSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor