Torri del Benaco
Search the best hotels in Torri del Benaco
About Torri del Benaco
Torri del Benaco is a pretty fishing village on Lake Garda’s eastern shore, with a tiny, shell-shaped harbour overlooked by an impressive 14th century castle, a totally charming historic centre, and promenades lined with pebbly beaches. The best views in Torri del Benaco are found around the harbour, which is also where you’ll find out Gurus’ recommendations for the best places to stay in Torri del Benaco. There is accommodation spread throughout the town, and sprinkled around the picturesque surrounds too, and you can find comfortable, traditional hotels, converted villas and farmhouses, and a number of very good B&Bs.
Our Gurus credit Torri del Benaco’s medieval castle for the views. It’s called Scaliger Castle, and you can see it when you’re approaching from the lake, or the land, and its surrounding historic citrus gardens mean you can smell its appeal too. It was built using stone from the original town walls, and, as well as the creation of a beautiful castle, the loss of the walls really improved the views? Today the castle is an ethnographic museum, with exhibitions dedicated to the history and traditions of Torri del Benaco, to the prehistory of the whole region, and it’s got some of the loveliest views of Lake Garda.
Despite its many charms, Torri del Benaco is surprisingly quiet for Lake Garda, and our Gurus recommend it for hikers and cyclists, as well as families and groups. The location is ideal for exploring the lake, and the whole region, and its historic centre with its promenades, piazzas and narrow streets, offer all the highlights of visiting this part of the world: the fantastic food and drink, excellent boutiques, and opportunity to experience something of the Italian way of life. Our Gurus are also charmed by the colourful boats bobbing on Torrie del Benaco’s harbour, and its proximity to the romantic beach at Punto di San Vigilio - that's a 'yes' from our Gurus if you're considering the best places to stay in Torri del Benaco for a romantic break. Torri del Benaco also has an historic clock tower, several excellent churches, and a choice of beautifully kept beaches and coves. So there’s plenty for sightseers too. And Monte Baldo is less than half an hour away.
The Best Places to Stay in Torri del Benaco
For Waterside Charm
- Gardesana is simple and comfortable, with a bar and restaurant that spill directly out onto the side of the marina, and while Torri del Benaco is still a fishing village, it can become quite buzzy of an evening. The decor features pale colours, whites and creams, and wooden floors, with elegantly traditional public rooms. Try the fish soup, and opt for a corner room with a balcony. Perfect for couples, but family friendly too, and great value with it.
Prefer a Self-catering Apartment or villa?
- Sometimes a villa or apartment is the best option if you're travelling in a larger group, so if you decide that you'd prefer a self catering option, check out our online booking partner, booking.com for some inspiration.
- Torri del Benaco is on the eastern shore of Lake Garda, positioned between several international airports. Verona-Villafranca is about 45mintues away by road, or three hours on a bus, Brescia-Montichiari is next closest, just under an hour away by road, or three hours by bus and ferry. Milan’s Linate, Malpensa and Bergamo Airports are about two hours away by road, or four by train, and Venice Marco Polo is similar.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying on Lake Garda - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Torri del Benaco, and all of Lake Garda, are very popular in the summer, so if you want to join the cheerful bustle of this time of year you’d be advised to book your hotel/s and restaurants early. Torri del Benaco is charming well into autumn and winter too, and spring is also very beautiful, so it’s more about what sort of holiday you’re planning. May and June are a good compromise if you’re still hoping for warmth and sunshine, with temperatures reaching about 25°C, and September is similar, but with a different set of plants flowering. Christmas and Easter are always special too.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda?
- Or you might consider including other local towns in your search? like Garda or Bardolino, both just to the south? or Malcesine to the north? or even Gardone Riviera, which is directly across the water?
- You could also consider refining your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, be it the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda? the best family hotels on Lake Garda or the best hotels on Lake Garda for foodies?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Torri del Benaco
Best Hotels in Torri del Benaco
Gardesana Torri del Benaco 34 rooms from £121Local exploring - Offering a great location overlooking the lake and with views of the castle, this is the perfect spot to explore fromFoodies - Regional dishes are served on the terrace restaurantFishing - Fishing excursions nearbySights nearby - Verona 40 minutes drive