I love your site btw! Alex Slater.
Search the best hotels in Bardolino
Bardolino is Lake Garda’s wine capital. The gentle slopes surrounding the town are a neat patchwork of vineyards and wine cellars from the edge of town right down to the shores of the lake. The towns itself is a resort town. The best places to stay in Bardolino share views of the gently rolling slopes and the lake, and we've picked out some real charmers.
What not to Miss
- Bardolino is located on the widest part of the lake, on the Verona side, and is linked to the beautiful walled town of Lazise and Peschiera del Garda by the lakeside path.
- Relaxed and fairly uncrowded, with great food and good transport links, Bardolino is in a great position for the lake ferry.
- The town makes an ideal base for exploring Lake Garda, especially for the first time visitor.
- Plus there’s the wine… You’ll not want to miss the weekly produce market, held on Thursday mornings.
- If you are travelling with children then Bardolino is close enough to Gardaland and a few other parks that you can get there using public transport.
This area is extremely busy during July and August, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Bardolino during the summer season, get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to stay in Bardolino
The Most Romantic Places to Stay in Bardolino
- The Tobago Wellness Hotel is an 18 room hotel with extensive spa facilities and contemporary decor. The rooms have beautiful views of the lake and of the hills and there’s an excellent Italian restaurant, a Turkish bath, jacuzzis and hydrotherapy on offer.
- The Locanda San Vigilio is an intimate and elegant lakeside hotel with wonderful character. Once owned by an Italian count, this beautiful villa now has 14 rooms, all still filled with beautiful antiques and objet d’art.
The Best Wine Hotels in Bardolino
- Pianaura Suites is a beautifully restored 17th century property situated amongst the Valpolicella vines, offering luxury accommodation, terraced gardens and plunge pool. It's ideal for a romantic break with just two suites and no children allowed under 14!
- Corte delle Cicale is a traditional Italian villa surrounded by vines and olive trees. Rooms are romantically furnished and you can enjoy stunning views from this hillside hideaway.
The Best Guesthouses in Bardolino
- Prati Palai offers eight luxury suites and one double room in a beautiful rural spot with stunning views over Lake Garda. Come here for a spoiling break away from the crowds.
- The B&B Corte Castello is a delightful. three room, rural hotel with rustic charm and traditional interiors: think antiques and elegant details. You’re surrounded by vineyards.
The Best Places to Stay in Bardolino for Families
- Relais Rossar is a secluded villa with a comfortable, friendly atmosphere and 16 rooms. There’s a large garden and beyond that peaceful countryside with great walking and cycling trails.
The Best Value Places to Stay in Bardolino
- Relais Colle San Giorgio offers excellent value for money. Smart rooms start from as little as €85 per night B&B. Plus you'll enjoy wonderful views and there's a lovely pool for cooling off.
- Bianca Leo B&B is another cheap and chic option. With just three rooms, gorgeous pool with terrace and superb eco-credentials. You'll have to book early, but prices start from just €100 B&B.
Prefer an Apartment or Villa?
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Bardolino is on the south-eastern shore of Lake Garda, positioned between several international airports: Verona-Villafranca and Brescia-Montichiari. It’s also about 100kms from Venice Marco Polo airport and from Milan’s Linate and Malpensa. The nearest railway station is Peschiera, 15kms away, but you’re only around 30kms from Verona.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying on Lake Garda - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Bardolino enjoys a mild, temperate climate with four distinct seasons, summer being the most popular time to visit. Between June and September temperatures are in the mid 20s and you get nine of ten hours of sunshine a day. Late spring, when it’s starting to warm up again, is considered the optimum time for walking holidays.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda,
- Search our Guru’s list of the best luxury hotels on Lake Garda, or the best hotels on Lake Garda for foodies,
- Or the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Bardolino
Relais Colle San Giorgio 6 rooms from £83Bardolino (Loc. Fontanadino 1)
A charming B&B facing Lake Garda. Four poster beds, antique furniture and decorated with white drapes, it is beautifully romantic. Has an infinity pool and sun terraces with stunning views. Very eco friendly it is a true rural idyll.Local exploring - Close by to Bardolino, known for its local wines, gastronomic events and famed restaurants and shopsBack to Nature - Complete bliss at this lake facing hotel surrounded by olive trees and vineyardsGreat walks - At the prominent Rocca, a headland wonderful viewsSights nearby - Close by to the Camaldolese friars monastery
Bianca Leo B&B 3 rooms from £88Bardolino (Affi)
A small chic B&B, built and furnished using only natural materials from its surroundings. Just a five minute drive away from Lake Garda it makes for a great base to explore the local area. Benefits from an inviting outdoor pool and delicious buffet breakfast. A rejuvenating escape.Country Escape - Surrounded by olive trees, lavender and rosemary, the house's sympathetic architecture is in harmony with its surroundingsEco break - Photovoltaic system, heating of water with solar thermal panels, air conditioning with heat pump and geothermal systemSights nearby - Located 10 minutes from the centre of Verona and historical monuments such as the Arena, The Roman Theatre and art galleriesLocal markets - Verona fair is worth a visit
Corte delle Cicale 3 rooms from £123Bardolino (Lake Garda)
A traditional Italian villa set in the hills above Lake Garda surrounded by vines and olive trees. This country house has an authentic rustic style - bedrooms are decorated with antique furniture and fresh flowers. Unwind in a hammock in the secluded garden or laze by the swimming pool.Great walks - There is lovely walking on the doorstep from serious hiking routes to paths for a gentle ambleHideaway - A lovely off the beaten track hillside location, takes you away from the lakeside crowds.Sights nearby - Visit the beautiful city of VeronaSailing - Sail on Lake Garda
B&B Corte Castello 3 rooms from £123Bardolino
Delightful rural hotel wrapped in rustic charm. The Castello's traditional interiors are conserved with antique furniture and elegant wooden beds. Surrounded by rolling vineyards, it's perfect for a quiet hotel within easy reach of Lake Garda.Great walks - Beautiful walks in the nearby Parco Natura Viva.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Sirmione Castle.Traditional
Prati Palai 8 rooms from £158Bardolino
An elegant Italian farmhouse surrounded by 45 acres of postcard perfect views across Lake Garda. Smart, country style bedroom suites and a peaceful garden with private pool. Farmhouse style breakfasts are on offer with lots of local produce. Perfect for local exploring and exclusive hire.Country Escape - Established country house set atop a hill with far reaching viewsRestrictions on children - Children under the age of 16 not permittedGreat walks - Take a walk through the Olive grovesSights nearby - Verona is a 30 min drive awayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith