Search the best hotels in Bardolino
Bardolino is Lake Garda’s wine capital: the gentle slopes surrounding the town are a neat patchwork of vineyards, and are dotted with wine cellars and producers all the way down to the glittering lake’s edge. Bardolino is also known for its olive oil production and cheeses, and for its Thursday fresh produce market. So some of the recommendations our Gurus have made for the best places to stay in Bardolino are also some of their favourite places to eat and drink on Lake Garda. Our list of accommodation options includes an elegant farmhouse with incredible views, a traditional Italian villa in the hills, and a couple of small, great value villas turned B&Bs.
Arranged so that its streets run perpendicular to the water, Bardolino is a pretty town with idyllic, natural views. Expect numerous churches and an old town bustling with bars, restaurants and small shops and cafes, but a relaxed atmosphere. Perfect for appreciating the local produce, late into the evening during the summer months.
Bardolino is on the shore overlooking the widest part of the lake, on the eastern, Verona side, and is linked to the beautiful walled towns of Lazise and Peschiera del Garda by the flat, and charming, lakeside path, which also runs into Garda. Peschiera del Garda has a train station, making Bardolino a great base for anyone wanting to explore the region without a car. Bardolino is close to several ferry ports too. It's also an option for anyone travelling with kids with its easy access to Gardaland, Moveland and Caneva Acquapark.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Bardolino may not be in the centre of town, but all offer a charming intimate stay and many boast stunning lake views.
The Best Places to Stay in Bardolino
For the View
- Prati Palai is an elegant farmhouse set amid 45 acres, in the hills behind Garda and Bardolino, overlooking a large expanse of the southern lake and its pretty towns. Its eight rooms and suites are a smart meeting of traditional country style and minimalist chic, with exposed beams and wood floors, creamy walls, large windows, and unfussy furnishings. The pool is lovely too, and the gardens offer peace, shade and privacy. There’s no restaurant, but they do offer breakfast and light lunches on request. No children.
For a Rural Retreat
- Corte delle Cicale is a traditional Italian villa in the beautiful hills above Garda and Bardolino: a three room picture of a place, surrounded by olive trees and grape vines. Restful and romantic, the Corte della Cicale is decorated with white, country style furnishings, gauzy fabrics and murals, and it all comes together to feel charmingly rustic. The fresh flowers and hammocks in the garden really add to the picture. The pool and gardens have country villa charm too, and while there’s no restaurant they offer breakfast and a packed lunch service.
For Great Value
- Simple, clean and crisply decorated, the Relais Colle San Giorgio offers accommodation in six rooms and suites, all with floor-to-ceiling windows and wonderful lake views — which the infinity pool shares. The location, in the hills behind Bardolino, is ideal for views of the whole southern stretch of the lake, and the gardens and sun terraces here are well set up to enjoy it.
- Bianca Leo B&B is a chic, three room B&B with an ecological grand plan and decoration and furnishings made using only materials sourced in its surrounds. Standing in sympathy with its picturesque surroundings of olive trees, rosemary and lavender, the eco credentials run to a pool, but there’s no restaurant. They do offer a buffet breakfast, though. Five minutes' drive from the lake, and only about ten minutes from Verona.
Prefer a Self-catering Apartment or villa?
- Sometimes a villa or apartment is the best option if you're travelling in a larger group, so if you decide that you'd prefer a self catering option, check out our online booking partner, booking.com for some inspiration.
- Bardolino is on the south-eastern shore of Lake Garda, positioned between several international airports: Verona-Villafranca and Brescia-Montichiari. It’s also about 100kms from Venice Marco Polo airport and from Milan’s Linate and Malpensa. Verona-Villafranca is closest, around 30 minutes by car, or an hour and a half on public transport. The nearest railway station is Peschiera, 15kms away, and you’re only around 30kms from Verona.
- If you want to hire a car — which we strongly advise if you’re staying on Lake Garda — we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Bardolino, like the whole of Lake Garda, is very popular in the summer, so if you want to join the cheerful bustle of this time of year you’d be advised to book your hotel/s and restaurants early. Bardolino is charming well into autumn and winter too, and spring is also very beautiful, so it’s more about what sort of holiday you’re planning. May and June are a good compromise if you’re still hoping for warmth and sunshine, with temperatures reaching about 25°C, and that’s a popular time for walking holidays. September is similar, but with the harvest!
Still not sure where to stay?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda
- Consider including other local towns in your search like Garda or Torri del Benaco, just to the north. The Sirmione peninsula is another southern Lake Garda pick, or Gardone Riviera across the bay.
- You could also consider refining your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, be it the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda, the best family hotels on Lake Garda or the best hotels on Lake Garda for foodies
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Bardolino
Best Hotels in Bardolino
Relais Colle San Giorgio Bardolino (Loc. Fontanadino 1) 6 rooms from £82Local exploring - Close by to Bardolino, known for its local wines, gastronomic events and famed restaurants and shopsTotal relaxation - Enjoy complete bliss at this lake facing hotel surrounded by olive trees and vineyardsGreat walks - At the prominent Rocca, a headland wonderful viewsSights nearby - Close by to the Camaldolese friars monastery
Bianca Leo B&B Bardolino (Affi) 3 rooms from £87Country Escape - Surrounded by olive trees, lavender and rosemary, the house's sympathetic architecture is in harmony with its surroundingsEco break - Photovoltaic system, heating of water with solar thermal panels, air conditioning with heat pump and geothermal systemSights nearby - Located 10 minutes from the centre of Verona and historical monuments such as the Arena, The Roman Theatre and art galleriesLocal markets - Verona fair is worth a visit
A small chic B&B, built and furnished using only natural materials from its surroundings. Just a five minute drive away from Lake Garda it makes for a great base to explore the local area. Benefits from an inviting outdoor pool and delicious buffet breakfast. A rejuvenating escape. See More
Corte delle Cicale Bardolino (Lake Garda) 3 rooms from £121Hideaway - A lovely off the beaten track hillside location, takes you away from the lakeside crowds.Groups - With just three rooms this is a great option for small groups wanting a private stayGreat walks - There is lovely walking on the doorstep from serious hiking routes to paths for a gentle ambleSights nearby - Visit the beautiful city of Verona
A traditional Italian villa set in the hills above Lake Garda surrounded by vines and olive trees. This country house has an authentic rustic style - bedrooms are decorated with antique furniture and fresh flowers. Unwind in a hammock in the secluded garden or laze by the swimming pool. See More
Prati Palai Bardolino 8 rooms from £156Country Escape - Established country house set atop a hill with far reaching viewsRestrictions on children - Children under the age of 16 not permittedGreat walks - Take a walk through the Olive grovesSights nearby - Verona is a 30 min drive awayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
An elegant Italian farmhouse surrounded by 45 acres of postcard perfect views across Lake Garda. Smart, country style bedroom suites and a peaceful garden with private pool. Farmhouse style breakfasts are on offer with lots of local produce. Perfect for local exploring and exclusive hire. See More