Search the best hotels in Malcesine
Malcesine sits pretty on the east side of Lake Garda with the ridge of Monte Baldo rising behind the town’s narrow, medieval streets. The downside of being a quintessential Lake Garda town is that it’s a very popular spot with visitors and during the peak season it’s quite busy. You might have to wait for your gelato and share your patch of sand on the town’s best beach which is just south of the centre of town in a pretty cove called Val di Sogno. Some of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Malcesine are close to the beach, while some are in the centre of town.
What not to miss:
- Built in the 14th Century, the Castello Scaligero is an exciting place to explore with winding tunnels and battlements and a high towner which you can climb for fantastic views of the lake.
- Once you’ve visited the castle and explored the narrow streets and relaxed on the beaches, you might want to take a trip up Monte Baldo. It’s only 1750metres. There are spectacular views of the lake and the Dolomites, plus there’s a restaurant. You can hire mountain bikes at the bottom and take them up in the cable car and then ride them down.
- Malcesine is also a great destination for golf, paragliding, sailing, waterskiing and other watersports. And in winter there’s skiing.
Just don't forget that this is a very busy place, so if you want to guarantee your bed in one of the best places to stay in Malcesine, you'll have to be organised and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Malcesine
The best places to stay in Malcesine for a Lakeside Spot
- The Bellevue San Lorenzo is a beautiful Belle Epoque villa turned 52 room hotel. As well as being surrounded by beautiful grounds and having lovely lake views, the villa has an outdoor pool, fitness centre and spa.
- The Hotel Castello is a small, contemporary hotel right by the side of the lake. Some rooms have private balconies overlooking the lake. There’s lovely terrace, restaurant and guests have their own private beach. Romantic but also family friendly.
The best places to stay in Malcesine for an Intimate Guesthouse
- Tucked away on the cobbled streets of Malcesine, Porto Vecchio 10 is a delightful B&B. Exposed walls and beams point to the old townhouse's past with modern furnishings providing some contemporary comfort. A real charmer.
The best places to stay in Malcesine for Stunning Views
- Guesthouse Grand View lives up to its name with its incredible hilltop location overlooking the lake. Charming rooms and a glorious infinity pool make it a great place to relax. Don't miss the spectacular sunsets over the lake.
Prefer an apartment or villa?
Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The best airport for getting to Malcesine is Verona (34 miles).
- To hire a car, explore the options at our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Malcesine is from June to September, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Malcesine for you?
- Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Malcesine.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda?
- Search our Guru’s list of the best luxury hotels on Lake Garda?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Malcesine
Best Hotels in Malcesine
Hotel Castello Malcesine 36 rooms from £106Romantic Break - An idyllic lakeside setting complete with a romantic terrace restaurant, a perfect choice for a romantic holidayLocal exploring - Perfectly positioned to enjoy Lake Garda and just a stroll from the historical downtown areaSailing - Hire a boat and spend the day cruising across the lakeSights nearby - Visit the the ancient battlements of Castle Scaligero
A small contemporary hotel on the edge of Lake Garda. Contemporary chic rooms, some with private balconies overlooking the lake. Excellent restaurant and terrace and its own private pebble beach with deck chairs. A good value spot for a romantic holiday, family friendly too. See More
Guesthouse Grand View Malcesine (Lake Garda) 5 rooms from £121Romantic Break - With just five rooms, views to die for and no children allowed, this is perfect for romanceTotal relaxation - A charming off the beaten track location offers the chance to completely unwindHideaway - A lovely secluded spot in the hills above MalcesineGreat walks - There are paths from the property leading directly down to Lake Garda
Overlooking Lake Garda with fantastic views from its hillside location, this secluded rustic guesthouse is a relaxing spot, off the beaten track. Simple but stylish bedrooms have either a terrace or balcony for enjoying the views, plus there's an infinity pool in the pretty garden. See More
Porto Vecchio 10 Malcesine 2 rooms from £128Active Holiday - With the lake offering watersports and the mountains ideal for hikers, this is a perfect spot for active holidaymakersLocal exploring - Perfectly placed for exploring Malsecine and Lake GardaGreat walks - Superb walking in the nearby Monte Baldo range.Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from Castello Scaligero.
Set on the cobbled streets of Malcesine, Porto Vecchio 10 is a delightful, small B&B. The original townhouse brims with rejuvenated character and the rooms are cosy and comfortable. With Lake Garda on the doorstep, it's the perfect quiet spot for couples looking for a romantic holiday. See More
Bellevue San Lorenzo Malcesine 52 rooms from £172Total relaxation - This chic hideway is perfect spot to recharge, with Hammam, sauna and sleepy gardens overlooking the lake.Country Escape - Surrounded by beautiful gardens, sloping down to the shores of Lake Garda.Views - Wonderful views of Lake Garda.Great walks - Walk along the promenade to the picturesque Val di Sogno, a superb spot for lake bathing and water sports.