Search the best hotels in Storms River
About Storms River
With Tsitsikamma National Park located along the Storms River mouth, this unassuming spot benefits from a well-developed tourist industry, owing to its numerous activities, from hiking to zip-lining; rafting and horse riding, and its stunning rugged scenery. Conveniently located between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, it's a great place to stop over if travelling by road or along the Garden Route and has a range of accommodation to suit most styles and budgets. Our recommendations will show you the best places to stay in Storms River, from great value guesthouses to the perfect picks for families and couples, for the ultimate 'back to nature' experience.
The Best Places to stay in Storms River
For a family stay
- Budget and family-friendly, The Village Lodge provides a well-priced stay, and is ideally located for exploring Storms River's bounty of outdoor activities.
- A village within a village, Tsitsikamma Village Inn doesn't just provide a roof over your head, there are several dining options, a collection of boutique shops, and even a micro-brewery.
For a romantic stay
- Occupying an epic setting overlooking Sanddrift River Gorge, The Fernery Lodge & Chalets boasts sophisticated suites with private balconies, fine-dining and an indulgent spa.
For a self catering villa or apartment
- Our online partner booking.com has a wide range of self catering accommodation to suit all budgets and tastes.
- If you want to hire a car to explore the scenic Garden Route, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Alternatively, Port Elizabeth International Airport is under a two-hour drive.
- Storms River enjoys a temperate climate, with temperatures rarely reaching above 25°C. October is the wettest month, so if you're looking to get outside, it's best avoided.
Still not sure?
- Widen the net to include our recommendations in nearby Mossel Bay, Wilderness, Plettenberg Bay, Knysna, George, and the Western Cape.
- Take a look at our top recommendations for The Garden Route.
- Or contact one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Storms River
Best Hotels in Storms River
Tsitsikamma Village Inn Storms River (Storms River,) 49 rooms from £66Families - Beautiful, spacious, cottage accommodation is ideal for familiesValue chic - Excellent value family accommodationSights nearby - Tsitsikamma Falls Adventure is an adrenaline filled afternoon spent zip-lining through the forestLocal markets - Storms River Arts and Crafts Market is a short stroll from the hotel
A village within a village, this hotel is comprised of a collection of colonial style cottages scattered around manicured grounds and an inviting pool. There are several restaurants and shops surrounding the 'village' from Marilyn's 60's Diner to an on-site microbrewery. Plenty of activities nearby! See More
At The Woods Storms River 8 rooms from £68Families - Great value accommodation, with plenty of activities for all agesKayaking - Along Storms River is an epic way to spend an afternoonSights nearby - Knysna Big Tree is within walking distanceSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
The Village Lodge Storms River 10 rooms from £84Families - Activities, games, the great outdoors, and family suites: plenty to keep everyone occupied!Sights nearby - Knysna Big Tree is just 1km awayTraditionalFull of character
Family and budget friendly, this great-outdoorsy hotel provides laidback living for all ages. Flexible accommodation includes outdoor terraces, opening up onto gardens teeming with wildlife (make friends with the resident chameleons)! A buffet breakfast is the perfect start to a day's exploring. See More
The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Storms River (Stormsriver,) 16 rooms from £141Active Holiday - Surrounded by beautiful Mother Nature, with a bounty of outdoor pursuits nearbyBirdwatching - With over 165 birds to be spotted on the property, you better pack your binoculars!Fishing - Rods and equipment are available at the hotelKayaking - Boats are available to take out on the dam
Occupying an epic setting, overlooking the Sanddrift River Gorge. Like a scene from Jurassic Park, the restaurant boasts views across a 30m waterfall, accompanied by a gourmet breakfast: a great way to start the day. Luxurious cottages and lavish bathrooms, plus there's a pool, sauna, and hot tub. See More