- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Hampshire
All our Hampshire collections:
- Hotels with hot tubs in Hampshire
- Great Hampshire Pubs with Rooms
- Hampshire's Most Romantic Hotels
- Best hotels in the New Forest
Much of Hampshire’s charm lies in its natural variety. From its rolling hills and unspoilt coastline to its bustling market towns and pretty villages, the county offers some of southern England’s loveliest views and its proximity to London makes it an increasingly popular destination for weekends away. Not surprising, then, that the standard of the best places to stay in Hampshire is sharply on the rise, with a wide choice for discerning guests.
Historic county town Winchester is home to the famous cathedral and boasts lovely Elizabethan and Regency buildings. There's lots to see and do as well as a growing number of excellent cafes, bars and restaurants.
Southampton is a large, busy port town - the perfect stopover if you're catching a ferry to France or Spain or about to venture on a cruise.
What Not To Miss
- Be sure to check out the HMS Warrior 1860, now kept at Portsmouth's Dockyard. This magnificent ship, Britain's first iron-hulled armoured warship, has been wonderfully restored and is a fascinating visit.
- Take the whole family to the Hawk Conservancy Trust. Set in 20 acres of parkland, there's more than 130 birds of prey on view, and a number of daily flying displays. A great day out.
- The historic Winchester Abbey, dating back to 1079, is a must see for history buffs. With wonderful architecture all round (including a huge gothic nave), the interiors are filled with a striking variety of paintings, sculptures and carvings. It's also home to The Winchester Bible, England's oldest bible, dating back to the 12th century. What's more, Winchester Abbey is the resting place of many of the country's most influential people - including, among others, Jane Austen.
- The Beaulieu National Motor Museum is a splendid spot, home to over 250 vehicles which recount the entire history of motoring. The palace in which it's set is gorgeous in its own right, surrounded by lovely gardens in which to enjoy a picnic afterwards. With incredibly informative staff ready to answer any question you might have, this is a top attraction.
- Head off on a tour of Highclere Castle, the official Downton Abbey! Set in a beautiful 5,000 acre estate, you can learn all about the property's diverse history including that of Lady Almina, the inspiration for the TV show.
The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in Hampshire endeavours to find something for everyone. From rural pubs in the New Forest like the extremely popular East End Arms, owned by the former bassist from Dire Straits, to the glamorous and luxurious Lime Wood offering plenty of activities if you can be bothered and fabulous spa facilities if you can't!
- The Anchor at Froyle oozes traditional character, with smart accommodation boasting exposed brick beams and artwork on the walls (including some WWI poet themed rooms). Filled to the brim with books and featuring private balconies, this is a wonderfully charming country escape.
- The Peat Spade on the River Test is a great choice for fishermen and women - or rather, country sports enthusiasts in general! With lovely traditional accommodation, hearty food and roaring log fires, it's a lovely stay
- A good alternative would be the Woolpack Inn, just north of Winchester. The property offers rustic chic rooms with exposed stone and brick walls, plus there's great food served up and an outdoor pizza oven. A top family spot.
- Bourne Valley Inn is a traditional country pub with cosy yet classic accommodation. Enjoy superb meals at their AA Rosette restaurant! What's more, Bourne Valley is home to a number of wonderful hiking trails.
- The Westgate is a great option for those looking to get to know Winchester. This pub with rooms offers boutique accommodation with plenty of neutral tones and wonderful cuisine. Plus, it's just 20 minutes away from Southampton Airport.
- The Yew Tree, located right around the corner from Highclere Castle, boasts stylish rooms with tartan prints and reclaimed furnishings.
- The charming 8 room King's Head, located in Hursley, provides classy accommodation featuring antiques and original fireplaces. You'll love their quintessentially British cuisine and you can enjoy a good book in their snug to wrap up the evening.
- The East End Arms is a wonderful choice for those looking to explore the New Forest - offering comfortable and understated rooms as well as hearty cuisine to fill you up after a long day of hiking.
- The Old Vine is a popular pub with rooms located opposite Winchester Abbey. With charming grown-up accommodation and a cosy oak-beamed restaurant, it's a splendid choice!
- The Wykeham Arms is a characterful 18th century coaching inn, located centrally in Winchester. With elegant individually decorated rooms that are great for couples, it's a wonderful base from which to see the city.
For foodies, there is a huge choice of places to stay in Hampshire. Here's our pick of the best:
- Chewton Glen is the perfect getaway for foodies. There's the Dining Room for superb cuisine and The Kitchen if you prefer things a bit more casual - you can view the chefs at work. Plus there's a variety of courses on offer run by James Martin and a host of other top names. The accommodation is top notch and there's a spa for pampering too.
- We particularly like TerraVina in Netley March - owned and run by master sommelier Gerard Bassett and his wife Nina. With stylish rooms featuring mellow hues and artwork on the walls, there's also a heated outdoor pool for you to enjoy!
- The Montagu Arms is a 17th century country house hotel which offers Michelin starred dining in its Terrace Restaurant. The accommodation is traditional and stylish, with plenty of warm tones and wooden furnishings.
- The Mill at Gordleton is a restaurant with rooms enjoying an idyllic riverside setting. Offering smart, individually decorated rooms and organic food which is mainly locally sourced, this is a top stay.
- The Three Lions inn offers smart yet unfussy accommodation, however the main attraction is the excellent restaurant. With owner and head chef Michael giving up a Michelin star to cook "what my customers really like to eat", you can be assured of both the quality and the desirability of their food! An English auberge - if that makes any sense!
- If locally sourced food is one of your bugbears, then stay at The Pig - most of the produce comes from their own kitchen garden, if not they guarantee it will not come from further than 25 miles away! Their lovely rooms expertly blend old with new, and there's a treatment room to boot.
- The Mayflower provides six individually designed rooms with a nautical theme to them. Enjoy locally sourced dinners at their AA Rosette awarded restaurant. A great spot from which to explore the coast.
- The Greyhound is an award-winning country inn set in picturesque Stockbridge. Boasting incredibly smart country chic rooms with muted Farrow & Ball shades and lovely furnishings, their Savoy-trained chef also serves up delightful cuisine. A great choice all round.
Best contemporary place to stay in Hampshire
- Contemporary hotels may seem like a bit of an oddity in Hampshire, but if you're wanting something a little bit different go for the Aviator - a designer hotel on Farnborough Airfield - very sleek, with a definite urban vibe!
For a weekend away
- With the recent proliferation of places to stay in the increasingly popular New Forest National Park, Hampshire is becoming a very busy destination for weekenders. One of our favourites is the Master Builders with a stunning location in Buckler's Hard, great brasserie style food and quirky interiors.
- If you fancy an unusual weekend retreat then Spitbank Fort's the place for you! This fort-turned-luxury hotel boasts contemporary interiors filled with an eclectic array of objects, and there's even a hot tub as well as a fire pit on the rooftop! A truly unique stay that you'll never forget.
For Romantic Retreats
- Bel And The Dragon is a great couples spot - with tasteful rooms featuring wooden beams and deep baths. You'll adore their excellent gourmet restaurant and cosy bar, whilst the stunning Highclere Castle is just a short distance away.
- Langrish House is a quintessentially British country house just outside Petersfield. This 17th century property offers traditional rooms featuring warm hues and an atmospheric bar. What's more, their Fredericks restaurant boasts 2 AA Rosettes!
- Hannah's B&B is ideally located near central Winchester. With just three individually decorated rooms, the property has a wonderfully intimate atmosphere. Smart, rustic, characterful - and what's more, it's adults only!
- The Pig in The Wall is a boutique spot located centrally in Southampton. With vintage rooms and lovely breakfasts close to the city's hotspots, it's a choice that the whole family can get behind.
- New Park Manor, situated in the New Forest and once Charles II's hunting residence, boasts splendid accommodation and a traditional English restaurant. There's a swimming pool, a creche and a games room for the kids to enjoy, as well as a spa in which the parents can relax!
- Lime Wood is a glorious luxury hotel set in a refurbished Georgian manor house. Stay in lovely traditional rooms (some of which feature four posters) and enjoy their two restaurants - one formal fine dining and the other more casual. With a state-of-the-art spa as well as kids activities and babysitting facilities, this is a great family stay.
For a holiday cottage or apartment
- If you think you'd be best suited by a self-catering option then check out the wide variety available with our partner, booking.com.
- It's best to visit Hampshire during the summer, when the weather's at its nicest - July and August experience average temperatures of around 17°C.
- Visitors can fly into Southampton Airport, which is served by a number of European destinations. From here, the bus U1C (which leaves every ten minutes) goes to the centre of town for just £2.
- Alternatively, if you're coming from further afield you can fly into Heathrow which is a couple of hours away. You can then take the train or hop on a National Express Bus towards your destination.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in Hampshire
The Black Hole B&B 10 rooms from $111Winchester (Hampshire)
Quirky prison-themed B&B that’s both stylish and comfortable with 10 ‘cells’ and nearby sister wine bar, The Black Boy and Michelin star restaurant, The Black Rat. City bolt hole for couples who want something a bit different or solo travellers after solitary confinement! Children are welcome.Foodies - With an excellent wine list and Michelin starred restaurant The Black Rate moments away: foodies will love.City Style - A quirky stay in traditional Winchester.Sights nearby - Winchester Castle and Cathedral are must visits.Full of character
Britannia House 5 rooms from $111Lymington (Hampshire)
Enjoy a memorable stay at this characterful "home away from home" B&B. Each of the five rooms are filled with artwork and antique pieces; richly coloured fabrics and furnishings. There is also a separate apartment to rent. Enjoy a hearty full English breakfast - fuel for the days outdoor pursuits!Great walks - The New Forest has an abundance of routes of try The Solent Way coastal walkSights nearby - Visit Hurst Castle, Henry VIII's fortress and Beaulieu Abbey-Palace HouseSailing - Lymington is a sailing meccaRestrictions on children - Over 10's welcome
Bourne Valley Inn 9 rooms from $111Andover, Hampshire
The Bourne Valley Inn is a traditional country pub located in bucolic Hampshire. Rooms are decorated in a cosy yet classic style. AA Rosette dishes are served and the full english breakfast (included in the room rate) and afternoon tea are real treats. Its large gardens are a huge draw too.Country Escape - A proper stay in an English country pub surrounded by some of Hampshire's finest sceneryGreat walks - Bourne Valley is one of Hampshire's most picturesque spots and popular for walkingTraditional
The Westgate 10 rooms from $111Winchester
The Westgate is located in Winchester, just a 20 minute drive from Southampton Airport. This pub with rooms offers boutique, unfussy accommodation decorated using plenty of neutral tones. Each room also comes with a coffee table and a flat screen TV. Truly excellent cuisine. An intimate city stay!City Style - The Westgate is an ideal choice for those looking to get to know WinchesterFoodies - Enjoy splendid grub at their wonderful restaurantGreat walks - Go for a hike up St Catherine's Hill or simply meander around the city getting a feel for the placeLocal markets - Head along to the lively Farmers' Market on the second and last Sunday of each month
The Anchor Inn 5 rooms from $117Lower Froyle, Hampshire
The Anchor Inn is a traditional pub located in prime shooting and fishing country. Full of character with books, pictures, nostalgic bric a brac and WW1 poet themed rooms. Featuring eccentricities such as wooden galleries & quaint private balconies each room is unique. A wonderful country escape.Country Escape - A cosy property boasting far reaching views across some of Hampshire's most bucolic landscapes- perfect for ramblers.Great walks - Wonderful walking starting right from the front door, plus warm fires and hearty meals to greet you on return.Fishing - The two nearby chalkstreams make for great fishing, so don't forget your rods.Sights nearby - For a truly Hampshire experience gusets can visit Jane Austen's house.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Master Builder's 26 rooms from $124Brockenhurst, Beaulieu
Lovely historic property situated on the Beaulieu River. Maritime themed living rooms downstairs whilst bedrooms have a traditional country feel with the addition of colourful Indian fabrics. An award winning restaurant serves modern British cuisine. A host of activities. Ideal for families.Active Holiday - NFA, situated within the Beaulieu Estate, specialise in outdoor activities suitable both for team building and family fun.Country Escape - A stunning historic and cosy riverside property situated within the 9,000 acre Beaulieu Estate and the New Forest.Local markets - Make a trip to the quaint Lymington Saturday market and sample local foods and drink.Great walks - The very location, within the New Forest, makes this ideal walking terrain.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
The Yew Tree 8 rooms from $129Highclere,, Hampshire
The closest inn to Highclere Castle, The Yew Tree is a firm favourite amongst families and couples making a break from London for the weekend. Stylish rooms and interiors feature tartan prints, reclaimed furnishings and novel lighting. Perfectly executed pub grub is the focus of the menu. Tuck in.Sights nearby - Billed as being the closest pub to Highclere Castle it is but moments away.Great walks - Perambulate the nearby Natural Garden.TraditionalFull of character
B+B Wickham 13 rooms from $129Wickham, Hampshire
A lovely B&B tucked away in the sleepy Hampshire village of Wickham. The rooms exude an understated elegance with their tasteful furnishings and artwork. After a days exploring, return to La Bocca restaurant for some delicious Italian cuisine. A great value option.Value chic - This charming little B&B offers stylish rooms, excellent cuisine, a cosy bar and great rates- fantastic value for money.Local exploring - The perfect base for exploring the beautiful Hampshire countryside.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to the picturesque Port Solent, five miles from the hotel.
The Bell Inn 28 rooms from $129Brook, Hampshire
A charming Georgian inn on the northern edge of the New Forest. Individually designed bedrooms offer a comfy oasis after a day's exploring. There's a buzzy bar and the AA rosette restaurant champions locally sourced ingredients. Ideal for outdoorsy types or those wanting a quiet country escape.Sights nearby - Paulton's Park, Beaulieu Motor Musuem, Marwell Zoo and Exbury Gardens are all close byGreat walks - There are endless walking trails on the door step.Full of characterTraditional
Woolpack Inn 7 rooms from $130Totford, Hampshire
The Woolpack Inn is a classic, traditional pub with beautifully designed rooms in a tiny rural hamlet. Seven elegant, rustic-chic rooms with exposed stone and brick walls. Great food with daily specials and outdoor wood-fired oven for casual pizzas. A real family friendly country find.Active Holiday - Being dog friendly & boasting miles of lovely countryside make the Woolpack Inn very popular with shooting parties and ramblers.Romantic Break - An ideal country escape for two- with log fires, sweeping views, cosy rooms, deep soaking tubs and wonderful traditional grub.Great walks - There are a wide range of walks for all abilities on the doorstep, bring your pooch!Fishing - The area is great for fly fishing, which can be arranged from the hotel.Recommended by - Sawdays
Audleys Wood Hotel 72 rooms from $137Basingstoke, Hampshire
Good value, family friendly country house hotel just outside Basingstoke. Great location for exploring the Winchester area. Traditional bedrooms equipped with all mod cons. Good venue for business activities and weddings.Sights nearby - Visit Jane Austen's house in Basingstoke and enjoy the New Foreset National ParkGreat walks - A wide selection of paths for walkers and runners on the doorstepTraditional
Peat Spade Inn 8 rooms from $142Longstock, Hampshire
A delightful fishing inn and refuge for country sports enthusiasts in the beautiful Test Valley. Characterful rooms with warming hues, traditional paintings and tartan fabrics. Wonderful seasonal cuisine on the ever changing menu. Situated in a quaint village, it's the ideal country escape.Active Holiday - Nestled in Hampshire's Test Valley, a veritable Mecca for sporty types with England's best fly fishing, shooting and walking.Hideaway - A cosy country hideaway with plush beds, roaring fires, cheerful bar and hearty cuisine.Sights nearby - Visit the beautiful Longstock Park Water Gardens, reputed to be the most beautiful in England.Great walks - Lovely walks starting straight from the hotel door, and a bar stool awaiting your return!Recommended by - Sawdays
The King's Head, Hampshire 8 rooms from $143Hampshire
The King's Head is a Georgian coaching inn in historic Hursley. Eight country-chic rooms with antique furnishings, original fireplaces and oodles of charm. Award winning British cuisine featuring locally sourced ingredients and a traditional skittles alley. A wonderful country escape.Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the surrounding area with its beautiful countryside, including Winchester and Jane Austen's HouseSights nearby - The King's Head provides an ideal base for exploring Winchester and the New ForestGreat walks - The Hampshire downlands are full of lovely walks for all abilitiesFull of character
East End Arms 5 rooms from $143East End, Hampshire
Genuine village pub that works well both for locals and overnight guests alike owned by the bassist from Dire Straits. Simple fresh rooms are well designed and comfortable. Hearty British fare is served in the restaurant and local ales are on tap. The New Forest is on the doorstep.Country Escape - Has all the quaintness necessary for a quintessentially British rural experience, plus great walking and a cosy bar.Foodies - Wonderful seasonal and locally sourced cuisine, the menu changes twice daily depending on what produce comes in.Sights nearby - Visit the Beaulieu estate and view the stately home, the Abbey and the National Motor Museum.Great walks - Grab a packed lunch, get your wellies on and head straight out into the New Forest.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Mayflower 6 rooms from $143Lymington (Hampshire)
The Mayflower is a smart pub with rooms close to Lymington's marina. Six individually designed rooms, all with a cool nautical theme & one with private balcony. Dinners (AA Rosette standard) feature delicious locally sourced, seasonal fare. A great base for exploring the coast or New Forest.Local exploring - Whether you're a yachtie or land lubber, there's plenty in the surrounding area to keep everyone happy.Birdwatching - Britain's largest colony of Black headed gulls can be found in the North Solent Nature ReserveSailing - Charter a boat and enjoy a day's sailing off the South CoastSights nearby - Motor mueum at Beaulieu, plus gardens at Exbury and Furzey
Bel and the Dragon, Hampshire 9 rooms from $150Kingsclere, Hampshire
A charming village inn with a focus on good food and comfortable beds. The elegant rooms are tastefully furnished and feature original wooden beaming and deep bath tubs. Downstairs, there's an excellent gourmet restaurant and the hotel's bar is the perfect cosy sanctuary on a windswept day.Romantic Break - A couples haven- with in room tubs, plush bedding, a cosy bar complete with fireplace and an excellent restaurant.Country Escape - This quaint and charming bolthole makes for an ideal country getaway to the sleepy village of Kingsclere.Sights nearby - History buffs must be sure to visit the nearby Highclere Castle.Great walks - Explore the lovely Hampshire countryside on foot.
Langrish House 13 rooms from $155Petersfield, Hampshire
A quintessentially British country house hotel just outside Petersfield. Langrish is a stunning 17th century property with individually styled, chintzy, traditional rooms, a gourmet restaurant and atmospheric bar set in the Vaults. Perfect for a weekend escape & a great base for exploring Hampshire.Great walks - Situated in the heart of the South Downs National ParkSights nearby - There are plenty of country houses, gardens and charming towns and villages to explore close by.Birdwatching - There are a wide variety of species to be spotted in the grounds and surrounding area.Views - All rooms have lovely views over the grounds
Three Lions 7 rooms from $163Nr Fordingbridge, Hampshire
Converted village inn housing an excellent, personally run restaurant in the New Forest. Rooms decorated in mellow hues have large glass patio doors leading onto the fine garden. The piece-de-resistance is the restaurant headed by owner and chef. Ideally placed in the New Forest for local exploring.Foodies - The restaurant takes centre stage in this hotel - think gourmet food made with locally sourced and foraged produce.Great walks - Walk straight from the property in to the New Forest or a short drive will take you to coastal walks.Sights nearby - The beautiful Beaulieu estate and Abbey makes a great day trip from the hotel.TraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
The Pig In The Wall 12 rooms from $169Southampton
Traditional English boutique hotel in central Southampton. Vintage style rooms with luxurious bathrooms and fantastic breakfasts. Ideal for a city break filled with shopping and history in the city from where Titanic set sail, or perfect for a pre or post cruise stopover.Coastal - HMS Titanic set sail from the harbourChic - Shabby chic style with wooden floorsRetro/Vintage - Vintage touches in all the roomsFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Lainston House 50 rooms from $169Winchester, Hampshire
Modernised 17th century country house set in lovely parklands. Large rooms with antique furniture, sash windows and some with four poster beds. Excellent award winning cuisine, cosy bar and fragrant gardens. With plenty of countryside activities nearby, it's the perfect romantic luxury escape.Country Escape - A 17th-century country house escape, set in 63 acres of stunning Hampshire parkland with tennis courts and lovely gardens.Great walks - Wander the charming gardens on the estate, and further afield into the lovely Hampshire countryside.Cooking classes - Make the most of the excellent on site chefs with the in house professional cookery school.Fishing - Hire a ghillie for fishing on the Test or Itchen, a perfect days outing.Recommended by - Frommers, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
The Old Vine 5 rooms from $169Winchester (Hampshire)
This four star inn is brilliantly placed for people wanting to explore Winchester by foot. The relaxed vibe throughout the hotel makes it great for families whilst charming rooms mean couples will like it too. Hearty meals, fine wines and ales are served in the bistro pub. A welcoming stay.Sights nearby - Winchester Cathedral is round the corner.Full of character
Rhinefield House Hotel 50 rooms from $176Brockenhurst
Gothic/tudor style country house hotel set in the depths of the New Forest. Beautiful gardens and traditionally done bedrooms. Dining to suit all tastes and leisure facilities including outdoor swimming pool and gym.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsGreat walks - Situated in the heart of the New Forest National ParkTraditional
New Park Manor 21 rooms from $176Brockenhurst (New Forest)
Situated in the stunning New Forest, and once Charles II's hunting residence, this hotel prides itself on its family-friendly facilities. The spa, swimming pool and games rooms mean that no members of the family will be bored. The hotel has its own traditional English restaurant.Child friendly - Creche and child games room availableFamiliesOutstanding location - In the middle of the New ForestFour poster beds - One four-poster room available
The Greyhound on the Test 10 rooms from $182Stockbridge, Hampshire
A delightful award-winning country inn in an idyllic location. Perfect for a weekend break, favoured amongst couples. Rooms and en-suites provide contemporary country chic. great base for walkers and foodies and those into typical country pursuits - fly fishing, walking and shooting.Fishing - The property boasts its own private stretch along the Test River for you to try your hand at fly fishing.Great walks - With wellie boots to borrow and packed lunched available you are all see to complete the Test Way.TraditionalFull of character
Stanwell House 30 rooms from $182Lymington
Boutique townhouse hotel in the centre of delightful Lymington. Rooms feature large windows and contemporary chic design. A host of dining options including fine modern European cuisine, private dining and a laid back all day bistro menu. Well priced and placed for local exploring.Exclusive offer - Stay five nights pay for fourLocal exploring - Situated in the pretty market town of Lymington and right between The Solent and the New Forest National Park.Great walks - Grab a packed lunch and head out to explore the miles of beautiful countryside in the New Forest National Park.Local markets - Lymington's famous Saturday market is not to be missed, packed with the cream of local produce.Sights nearby - Check out the neighbouring historic towns of Winchester, Southampton, Romsey, and Lyndhurst.
The Wykeham Arms 13 rooms from $182Winchester (Hampshire)
An award winning centrally located pub with comfortable individually decorated guest rooms is well situated, close to the cathedral, for city sight-seeing. Couples will love the cosy romantic feel and friendly, helpful service.Sights nearby - Winchester Catherdral is just a few minutes walk away. Winchester Castle is also worth visiting.Great walks - Embark on a guided walk through historic Roman and Saxon Winchester.Restrictions on children - Children not permitted.Full of character
The Mill at Gordleton 8 rooms from $195Lymington
Rural restaurant with rooms in an idyllic riverside location with "secret garden" and wildlife galore including kingfishers and heron. Pretty country rooms some of which feature lovely views over the river. Modern British cuisine and a snug bar. Ideally placed on the edge of the New Forest.Foodies - Delicious food, crafted by Chef Toby Hill from only the best local produce- everything you eat is made in house, heaven!Country Escape - A charming converted mill, surrounded by flower filled gardens, right on the outskirts of the New Forest.Sights nearby - Less than 30 minutes away is the medieval Beaulieu Abbey.Great walks - Miles of countryside to be explored in the New Forest.Recommended by - Johansens, Sawdays
TerraVina 11 rooms from $215Netley Marsh, Hampshire
A wonderful country hideaway run by expert hoteliers. Stylish rooms feature oh-so comfy beds, mellow hues and contemporary artwork. There's also a heated outdoor pool but this hotel is all about the restaurant. Stunning gourmet cuisine matched with wines by award winning master sommelier. Masterful.Exclusive offer - Late AvailabilityCountry Escape - A boutique property set within the New Forest with wild ponies wandering past and acres of countryside waiting to be explored.Foodies - Superb modern-British cuisine, expertly matched with wines from the extensive cellar and served in a warm environment.Great walks - Walks through the New Forest start straight from the door - the hotel will point you in the right direction.Sights nearby - Visit Beaulieu with its National Motor Museum, Beaulieu Estate and Abbey.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Good Hotel Guide
The Pig 31 rooms from $241Brockenhurst
A country escape a step above the rest. Traditional meets modern world comforts in rooms with oh-so comfy beds and huge rain showers. The restaurant is worthy of a visit alone with produce being very locally sourced (often from the garden). Treatment rooms on offer for some pampering. Glorious.Spa - Not a spa as such but treatment rooms that therapists come to on request from their sister hotel.Great walks - Borrow a pair of Hunter wellies and set out in to the New Forest.Sights nearby - Visit Beaulieu Abbey, Hurst Castle or Buckler's Hard.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape, Johansens, Mr & Mrs Smith
Lime Wood 32 rooms from $254Lyndhurst, Hampshire
Scintillating luxury hotel in a superbly redesigned Georgian house in the heart of the New Forest. Wonderfully comfortable beds in large rooms all with unique features including free standing baths, fireplaces or four posters. A superb restaurant curated by a celebrity chef. Countryside perfection.Exclusive offer - Lastminute offersFoodies - A super chic restaurant, serving Anglo-Italian fare. A product of Lime Wood’s Luke Holder and high-profile chef Angela Hartnett.Families - Extra beds allowed in rooms, kids activities on site and baby sitting facilities makes this an obvious choice for parents.Country Escape - A beautifully renovated country house situated in the heart of one of the UKs finest National Parks.Cooking classes - The excellent Hartnett Holder &Co Backstage cookery school has a wide variety of hands on courses.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Sawdays
Hannah's B&B 3 rooms from $254Winchester (Hampshire)
In an ideal location close to the centre of Winchester and perfect for couples escaping for a city break. Three individually decorated rooms feature charming design quirks such as antique mirrors and lighting, refurbished doors and bedheads and reclaimed Victorian radiators.Great walks - Follow in famous footsteps along the Keats walk. You might just pen a verse or two.Local markets - Winchester Market has a vibrant spread of locally sourced goods.Restrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.Sights nearby - Winchester Cathedral is a must visit.
Aviator 169 rooms from $261Farnborough, Hampshire
A quirky designer hotel at Farnborough private airfield. Contemporary rooms (all soundproof) boast every modern connivence, plus the best offer views of the runway. A sleek and opulent luxury getaway for urbanites. Effortlessly cool.Romantic Break - A chic retreat for discerning couples- stylish contemporary suites, extensive spa, fantastic food and knockout cocktails.Foodies - This slick hotel boasts two fantastic dining options- Adam Fargin's Brasserie and the more laid back One Eleven.Birdwatching - Enjoy a brisk walk and a bit of birdwatching at nearby Frensham Little Pond.Great walks - Take a wander around The Sculpture Park in Churt, well worth checking out.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Johansens
Hotel du Vin Winchester 24 rooms from $285Winchester, Hampshire
The original Hotel du Vin, well located in a fine Georgian building in the town centre. Elegant rooms mixing period features with contemporary design. A warm and welcoming bistro and buzzy bar complete the picture. An excellent base for local exploring.Local exploring - A lovely Georgian property in a central location, ideal for exploring Winchester on foot.Local markets - Winchester plays host to the largest farmers market in the UK, head along and pickup some local treats.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the impressive Cathedral or Wolvesey Castle, both within walking distance.Great walks - The New Forest National Park is a great day trip for all the family.
The Montagu Arms 22 rooms from $297Beaulieu
17th century country house hotel in the heart of the New Forest National Park. Michelin-starred restaurant, library bar, terrace, sumptuous rooms.Spa - Access to Spa at sister hotel Careys Manor.Four poster beds - For romantics.TraditionalRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Michelin Travel
Chewton Glen 72 rooms from $423New Milton, Hampshire
Classic and superbly run country house hotel with great attention to detail and a wonderful spa close to the New Forest. Newly built, luxury tree-house bedrooms set high in a scenic valley with panoramic views. 5 star amenities, imitable service and gourmet dining.Exclusive offer - Last Minute DealsCountry Escape - A gorgeous country house spa, set in 130 acres of parkland at the edge of the magical New Forest.Great walks - Plenty of walking across the 130 acres of parkland, or head into the New Forest.Fishing - There is fishing available nearby, ask at the hotel for details.Cooking classes - The Kitchen in collaboration with celebrity chef James MartinRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Four Seasons Hampshire 133 rooms from $449Hook, Hampshire
A modernised country house estate with extensive additional modern wings attached. Classic rooms feature high ceilings, sash windows and some with in-room free standing baths. An abundance of country pursuits and spoiling spa. Ideal for the quintessential British country experience.Spa breaks - Indulge yourself in the converted old stables, now an extensive spa using world-renowned products Sodashi and ESPA.Country Escape - An indulgent country estate equipped with tennis courts, sauna, hot tub, spa, fine dining and luxurious suites.Kids Club - Professionally organised children's programmeSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolRecommended by - Johansens, Kiwi Collection
Spitbank Fort 8 rooms from $782Gosport, Hampshire
Fort-turned-luxury hotel off the South coast with views of Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight. Intimate and unusual, the fort has been successfully converted and is the closest thing to being at sea – except you’re not.Fishing - Perfect location for an exclusive fishing trip.SpaSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel