Search the best hotels in Penzance
Penzance is probably one of Cornwall's most famous, salty old harbour towns and while the fishing here isn't what it once was, Penzance still feels very much the working port with its windy, Victorian promenade, sea-blown streets and fading Georgian shopping arcades. There's a wide mix of accommodation here, and the best places to stay in Penzance vary from great value B&Bs to smart small hotels.
Part of the town's fame is due to Gilbert and Sullivan, but Penzance also has spectacular views over Mount's Bay and it's a great base for exploring the region and where you'll find the ferry links to the Isles of Scilly.
What Not To Miss
- Penzance is small, but there's quite a lot of impressive Regency and Georgian architecture to be found here, including 'The Egyptian House', the Market House and a couple of very atmospheric pubs.
- There's also the rather lovely Jubilee Outdoor Bathing Pool - a bright white Art Deco pool dating back to 1935 at the end of the promenade.
- Penzance was also a centre for the Newlyn School of painters and there's a small Tate Gallery featuring work by modern British artists.
- This is also beautiful country for blustery coastal walks providing spectacular views over the landscape and harbour.
Just remember if you want to bag one of the best places to stay in Penzance during the peak summer months, you'll have to be organised and book early.
Best places to stay in Penzance
Th Best B&Bs in Penzance
- For something quirky and contemporary try the Artist Residence. Here you'll find unique rooms with murals by local artists. It's a stone's throw from the cafes and pubs.
- On the outskirts of town you'll find Venton Vean, a stylish property that's a clever mix of old and new. There are just five rooms and with prices from as little as £88 per night during peak season, it's superb value too.
The Best Boutique Hotels in Penzance
- Ideal for foodies, Chapel House sits right on the Cornish coast. It offers boutique accommodation with splendid views. The décor is designed to mimic the sea with plenty of soft greys, greens and blues. Enjoy superb breakfasts served each morning and if you're staying over the weekend, delicious suppers will also be available! A top-notch stay.
Prefer an apartment or cottage?
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of quaint properties ideal for enjoying the town and the coast.
- Fly to Cornwall Airport Newquay located 66km (41 miles) from Penzance. The airport caters to various domestic destinations along with a couple of European ones.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Penzance with rail links to much of the UK including London and even all the way up to Edinburgh.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the lovely coastline, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the peak summer months from June to early September typically provide the warmest weather, perfect for enjoying the beaches and various outdoor activities.
Still not sure?
- Widen the net and check out all our Cornwall recommendations.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Penzance
Best Hotels in Penzance
Venton Vean Penzance (West Cornwall) 6 rooms from £90Local exploring - A great base for exploring Penzance and the surrounding coastline.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Godolphin House, a place steeped in mystery and legend.Great walks - Take a climb up to St Michael's Mount and enjoy the view.BoutiqueRecommended by - Sawdays
Camilla House Penzance (West Cornwall) 8 rooms from £97Local exploring - An award winning B&B ideally located to explore West Cornwall.Sights nearby - Discover the contemporary art instillations dotted throughout the Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens.Great walks - Cornwall's coastal path offers miles of breathtakingly beautiful walks.Views - Fabulous sea views
An elegant Georgian town house boasting an enviable coastal positioning in the buzzy town of Penzance. A recent refurbishment has given the rooms a contemporary facelift with soft hues, simple modern furniture and luxurious bathrooms. The breakfasts are award winning and sea views spectacular. See More
Sophia's B&B Penzance (Cornwall) 4 rooms from £115Local exploring - Perfectly located to access all that the west of Cornwall has to offer.Great walks - Take long walks along the beautiful coastal path.Sights nearby - Walk the causeway to St Micheals Mount.Restrictions on children - Children over 14 are welcomed
A coastal B&B, boasting a central location in Penzance with fabulous sea views. Four bright rooms feature sink into beds, crisp white linen, softly patterned fabrics and light hues. Slap up Cornish breakfasts are served and the location offers easy access to the town and surrounding countryside. See More
Artist Residence Cornwall 19 rooms from £149Active Holiday - Don your wetsuit and hit the waves, followed by a blustery coastal walk, bike ride and back for a hearty nights sleepFoodies - Nearby cookery schools offer foraging courses, and the town is peppered with lovely organic meat and produce shopsSights nearby - Fairytale island castle of St Michael’s MountSurfing - At Sennen Cove where everything can be hiredRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Unique rooms with eclectic art collection on display, flat screen TVs; en-suites have free standing tubs and eco-friendly products. The Clubhouse - rustic lounge and bar serving all day food and drinks. Walking distance to buzzy cafes and pubs. Chic, colourful and authentic. See More
Chapel House Penzance 6 rooms from £150Foodies - Whilst only breakfasts and weekend suppers are served, Chapel House uses fresh local ingredients to produce exquisite cuisineRomantic Break - Quiet and elegant accommodation, beautiful food and long walks together on the beach-perfect for a romantic getawayGreat walks - Wander along the beach at sunset and take in the incredible viewsSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - I Escape
The Georgian Chapel House, Penzance, sits right on the Cornish coast. This unique hotel offers boutique, accommodation with splendid views. The décor is designed to mimic the sea with plenty of soft greys, greens and blues used. Enjoy superb breakfast fry-ups served each morning! A top-notch stay. See More