Search the best hotels in Marazion
Right on the shore of Mount's Bay - famed for looking peaceful in calm weather but being a death trap when things get rough, there are over 150 wrecks within its waters - Marazion's clean, sandy beaches have beautiful views over to Land's End, Lizard Peninsula and, of course, St. Michael's Mount making it a Cornish favourite. There's plenty to choose from when it comes to the best places to stay in Marazion from family campsites to luxurious hotels.
With safe swimming for families this is also a great spot for windsurfing, kitesurfing and sailing. When the tide is low you can approach St. Michael's Mount the way the pilgrims did - walking across the causeway.
Marazion is close to many of West Cornwall's main attractions like the Eden Project, The Tate in St. Ives and Penzance and Land's End.
What not to miss:
- Try your hand at windsurfing, kitesurfing or sailing.
- Spend lazy summer days on the picturesque beaches (hopefully) basking in the sun and swimming in the sea.
- Walk across the causeway to St. Michael's Mount when the tides allow.
- Spend a day at the fascinating Eden Project.
To bag a bed in one of our picks of the best places to stay in Marazion during the summer months, you'll need to be organised and book early. Otherwise come during quieter periods when the village isn't as busy and you can enjoy the surroundings without the crowds.
For contemporary luxury
- Mount Haven is a soothing, contemporary haven with 18 rooms many of them overlooking Mount's Bay and St. Michael's Mount. As well as the stunning position there's a lovely dining room with the emphasis on local produce. You'll feel spoiled, but it's an affordable spoiling.
For beach chic
- The Godolphin Arms is a relaxed, friendly beachside hotel with more of those spectacular views of the unspoiled Cornish Coastline. A great collection of 10 rooms and suites with good options for families as well as couples.
For rural luxury
- Ennys is a historic Georgian estate set away from the coast turned into a charming four room guesthouse. There is the option of a cottage rental if you're staying for a week or more. Expect every comfort from a grass tennis court, yoga studio, large glass conservatory to a roaring fire when the weather is less friendly. Secluded and beautiful.
For coastal B&B
- Ednovean Farm B&B offers four charming rooms with french country styling and is just a stone's throw from the beach. It's an adults only haven with plenty of great restaurants close by.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest airport is in Newquay (located about an hour from Marazion). The larger Exeter Airport is well connected across the UK and Europe and is roughly two hours drive away.
- The nearest train station is Penzance. There are reliable, regular mainline services to London, the Midlands, northern England and Scotland.
- Best time to visit - Marazion is a year round destination with each season bringing its own charm. The summer months (May - August) has mainly warm sunny days but also the crowds.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Marazion
The Godolphin Arms West Cornwall 10 rooms from £90
Recently renovated, family run beachside hotel on the unspoilt Cornish coast with beautiful views and modern, well-equipped rooms. The restaurant and bar offer local Cornish dishes and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Suited for families and couples alike due to excellence of staff and location.Bar - Beachside barSeaviews - From some rooms.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Ednovean Farm Cornwall 3 rooms from £95
The beach is but a short stroll from this coastal haven. Each of the three rooms are decorated in a French country style. The B&B's small capacity allows for an intimate, romantic atmosphere (and it's adults only). No lunch or dinner but award winning restaurants are close by.Sights nearby - Trewidden, Trengwaiton, Godolphin House are just a short drive awayGreat walks - Along the Prussia coastSailing - Boat trips depart dailyRestrictions on children - Over sixteens onlyRecommended by - Sawdays
Ennys St Hilary, Cornwall 4 rooms from £105
Historic Georgian estate providing a gateway to local activities and a fine B&B as a base.Surfing - Surf lessons available via GlobalboardersYoga - Group classes and yoga weekendsGarden - Beautiful landscaped gardenKayaking - kayaking, creek canoeing, wild swimming, stand-up paddleboarding availableRecommended by - Frommers
Mount Haven Nr Penzance, Cornwall 18 rooms from £130
Soothing contemporary haven overlooking St Michael’s Mount. Modern and simple rooms with large glass doors leading onto balconies. The best have sea views. An excellent restaurant using the fresh local produce. A lovely spot for a romantic getaway.Foodies - An award winning restaurant using excellent local produce.Romantic Break - A boutique hotel in a stunning and tranquil location.Great walks - Walk along the famously stunning South West Coast Path where many isolated beaches are to be discovered.Sights nearby - A number of nearby ancient stone circles including Lanyon Quoit and the Merry Maidens.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays