- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Mousehole
This Cornish fishing village is as charming as the name suggests (though the locals pronounce it Mowsle), complete with narrow, cobbled lanes, white cottages and a harbour upon which fishing boats bob merrily. For decades this was Cornwall's busiest pilchard port, but these days the tourist trade provides richer pickings, and some of the best places to stay in Mousehole these days are quite boutique-y and foodie.
This stretch of Cornwall has some exceptional coastal walks and of course there are the beaches. There are also a number of local artists whose galleries and studios make for an interesting rainy day itinerary.
What not to miss:
- Take long walks along the picturesque coastline.
- Explore the local art galleries.
- Spend lazy summer days on the nearby beaches.
- Visit the impressive St Michael’s Mount fortress.
The town is pretty busy in summer (so if you want to book into one of the best places to stay in Mousehole you'll have to plan well ahead) and very quiet in winter - though apparently the town does put on some lovely Christmas lights.
The Old Coastguard, Mousehole is a simple 14 room hotel with excellent food and spectacular views out to sea via St Michael's Mount and the Lizard. In fact the sea is at the bottom of a rather lovely, palm filled garden. Friendly and laid back from the open plan ground floor to the colourful bedrooms. It's great value with rooms starting from £110 per night.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to either Newquay or Exeter airports, the latter being further away but better connected across Europe. By train frequent services run from London to Penzance taking 5 - 6 hours from where Mousehole is just a 15 minute drive.
- Britain has woefully unpredictable weather, however the good news is Cornwall receives moderately warmer climes. For the best chance at warm sunny days travel in the summer months (June - August).
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Mousehole
The Old Coastguard, Mousehole 14 rooms from £140West Cornwall
Fun, laid back hotel with good food and spectacular views out to sea. Rough edges, simple rooms, very hospitable.Exclusive offer - Winter EscapeViews - To St Michael's Mount and the LizardGarden - Tropical garden down to the seaQuirky - No TVs - and an eclectic mix of furnitureOutstanding location
The Old Pilchard Works 2 rooms from £90Mousehole (West Cornwall)
Charming and intimate, The Old Pilchard Works is a great place to stay if your visiting Mousehole. With smart, elegant rooms and private patios on which to enjoy the Cornish sun, it's an excellent spot for those looking to explore the most southerly parts of Cornwall.Great walks - Climb up St Michael's Mount and enjoy the view out over Cornwall.