- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Hotels for Families in Cornwall
Cornwall’s long coastline and wealth of family friendly attractions make it a wonderful place to spend quality time with your kids. So our Gurus have slaved away, forcing themselves to look at idyllic coastal view after idyllic coastal view, and tasting an endless array of fish and chips, tolerating the calming effect of innumerable pools and spas, to bring you their recommendations for the best hotels for families in Cornwall.
There are so many beaches to choose from, from pebbly clear-water bays to sandy surf beaches, and all those smugglers and pirates tales that go with them; then there’s Tintagel Castle, supposedly the birthplace of King Arthur and the mystical wonder that is St Michael’s Mount. As far as modern attractions go it’s hard to top the Eden Project or the Tate St. Ives!
As far as we’re concerned the best hotels for families in Cornwall are those which tick all the boxes for all the family. They need views, beach or pool access, a great family friendly restaurant and other facilities, friendly service, the possibility of some time to relax for the adults in the party and then something special to make them stand out as one of the best hotels for families in Cornwall.
The Best Hotels for Families in Cornwall
- Hotel Tresanton is a stylish family friendly property in St Mawes, with lovely coastal views, and lots of rooms that work for family groups. They operate a kids cliub during the peak summer months and there's a playroom and children's garden.
- The Bedruthan Steps Hotel in Mawgan Porth, has a fantastic position overlooking the ocean. And some of the 101 rooms share the ocean view. The interiors are modern and there’s a restaurant specialising in locally sourced ingredients, so you can imagine what they serve. There are also two pools and a spa.
- Fowey Hall is a small country house hotel well known for being family friendly. It’s very well kitted out for kids with a pool and spa and views over the coast.
- The St Enodoc Hotel in Rock, has great views over the Carmel Estuary, 16 modern, airy rooms and a lively restaurant serving healthy, modern meals.
The Best Beach Break Hotels for Families in Cornwall
- The St Moritz in Trebetherick is an airy, 48 room hotel with easy access to a surf beach, two pools, a Cowshed spa and a friendly atmosphere.
- The Polurrian Bay Hotel is right by a great, sandy beach, and there are wonderful sea views from many of the 39 bedrooms. There are also indoor and outdoor pools and a spa and a gym.
- Then there’s the glorious Talland Bay Hotel, just two minutes from the beach and surrounded by sub tropical gardens. The hotel has a New England feel, and there’s an award winning, but relaxed, restaurant and you’re just 40minutes from the Eden Project.
The Best Great Value Hotels for Families in Cornwall
- Tommy Jacks Beach Hotel in Bude is a modern 20 room hotel with a surf-y vibe and some fascinating fish tanks. Great for a beach break, and rooms start from £72 per night.
- If you’re looking for a family escape The Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate is a good option. There are lovely large bedrooms, but also self catering Woodland Homes, which have all the benefits of the hotel, but without having to worry about noise or space. It’s a drive to the beach but you’re surrounded by green and leafy countryside.
- The Godolphin Arms is a great family escape just along the coast from Penzance and right on the beach so you get the best of both worlds. There are just ten rooms, some with spectacular ocean views, plus a friendly restaurant and bar.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels for families in Cornwall might be perfect for you?
- Check out our Guru’s list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall, or
- contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice