The 10 Best Hotels in Cornwall for Families
Cornwall’s long coastline and wealth of family friendly attractions make it a wonderful place to spend quality time with your kids. So our Gurus have slaved away, forcing themselves to look at idyllic coastal view after idyllic coastal view, and tasting an endless array of fish and chips, tolerating the calming effect of innumerable pools and spas, to bring you their recommendations for the best hotels in Cornwall for families. The 10 best hotels in Cornwall for families are, naturally, the cream of the group, but they're by no means the most expensive, and we have sourced three great options from our list of the best value hotels in Cornwall for families.
As far as we’re concerned the best hotels in Cornwall for families are those which tick all the boxes for all the family. They need views, beach or pool access, a great family friendly restaurant and other facilities, friendly service, the possibility of some time to relax for the adults in the party, and then something special to make them stand out as one of the best hotels in Cornwall for families.
And what will you do when you're not in the hotel? There are so many beaches to choose from, from pebbly clear-water bays to sandy surf beaches, and all those smugglers and pirates tales that go with them; then there’s Tintagel Castle, supposedly the birthplace of King Arthur and the mystical wonder that is St Michael’s Mount. As far as modern attractions go it’s hard to top the Eden Project or the Tate St. Ives!
For Ocean Views
- The Bedruthan Hotel in Mawgan Porth, has a fantastic position overlooking the ocean. And some of the 101 rooms share the ocean view. The interiors are modern and there’s a restaurant specialising in locally sourced ingredients, so you can imagine what they serve. There are also two pools and a spa.
- Fowey Hall is a small country house hotel well known for being family friendly. It’s very well kitted out for kids with a pool and spa and views over the coast.
- The St Enodoc Hotel in Rock, has great views over the Carmel Estuary, 16 modern, airy rooms and a lively restaurant serving healthy, modern meals.
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall for Families
- The St Moritz in Trebetherick is an airy, 48 room hotel with easy access to a surf beach, two pools, a Cowshed spa and a friendly atmosphere.
- The Polurrian on the Lizard is right by a great, sandy beach, and there are wonderful sea views from many of the 39 bedrooms. There are also indoor and outdoor pools and a spa and a gym.
- Then there’s the glorious Talland Bay Hotel, just two minutes from the beach and surrounded by sub tropical gardens. The hotel has a New England feel, and there’s an award winning, but relaxed, restaurant and you’re just 40minutes from the Eden Project.
The Best Value Hotels in Cornwall for Families
- If you’re looking for a family escape The Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate is a good option. There are lovely large bedrooms, but also self catering Woodland Homes, which have all the benefits of the hotel, but without having to worry about noise or space. It’s a drive to the beach but you’re surrounded by green and leafy countryside.
- The Godolphin Arms is a great family escape just along the coast from Penzance and right on the beach so you get the best of both worlds. There are just ten rooms, some with spectacular ocean views, plus a friendly restaurant and bar.
Still not sure if any of our recommendations for the best hotels in Cornwall for Families is perfect for you?
- You could browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall?
- or our Guru’s collection of The 15 Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall?
- or The Best B&Bs in Cornwall?
- or even The Best Dog friendly Hotels in Cornwall?
- or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The 10 Best Hotels in Cornwall for Families
Bedruthan Hotel Mawgan Porth, Cornwall 101 rooms from £159Spa breaks - Pamper yourself at the top of the range luxury spa, using all natural products and treatments — heaven!Families - With family orientated rooms, great dining options and the beach close by it's ideal for familiesEco break - A sustainable and environmentally minded hotel with an extensive responsible tourism pledgeSurfing - Put on your wet suit and get into the Atlantic Ocean for some memorable surfing time.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from a family-friendly hotel. Modern interiors throughout with the comfortable rooms capturing the beach views. Herring Restaurant is Cornish throughout using locally sourced ingredients. Relax by one of the two pools, or at the spa. See More
Fowey Hall Fowey, Cornwall 36 rooms from £175FamiliesSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolSailing - Can be booked nearby.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
St Enodoc Hotel Rock, Cornwall 20 rooms from £170Families - Family suites, games room, special kiddies menus and a wealth of fun beachside activities make this an ideal family getaway.Foodies - Fresh, local, seasonal produce is used in the hotels seafood restaurant to create flavoursome innovative cuisine.Beach Life - Right on the beach, with nautical blue and white interiors and plenty of water based fun at hand.Tennis - The Point in Polzeath offers free gym access to guests, as well as tennis courts and lessons at a small additional charge.
St Moritz Trebetherick, Cornwall 48 rooms from £120Great walks - Good for walkers.FamiliesSurfing - Suitable beaches nearby.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor Pools
Polurrian on The Lizard West Cornwall 39 rooms from £120Child friendly - Polurrian Bay Hotel has an Ofsted-registered crèche and there are indoor and outdoor play areas.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.FamiliesRestaurant - The restaurant serves delicious fresh local produce and seasonal menus. You can choose between family & fine diningRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, I Escape
Family friendly hotel in an incredible setting with a fabulous sandy beach a stone's throw away. Breathtaking sea views can be enjoyed from the comfort of lovely, airy, bright bedrooms. Indoor and outdoor pools, a spa and gym combined with the sea air means you can't help but feel rejuvenated. See More
Talland Bay Hotel Cornwall from £140Back to Nature - Views of the sea and the coastal path just 2 minute walk away keeps you in touch with natureGreat walks - Miles of coastal paths can be explored right from the Talland Bay Hotel doorstepSights nearby - The Eden Project which is just 40 minutes easy driving from the hotelRestaurant - Fine dining restaurant with 2 AA rosettes or more relaxed Brasserie.Recommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Glorious hotel set in 2 acres of sub tropical gardens just two minutes from the beach. Stunning interiors feature sleigh beds, funky fabrics and bedrooms have a New England Beach House vibe. Award winning fine dining or more relaxed Brasserie. Perfect family friendly beach-chic retreat! See More
The Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate St Austell, Cornwall 65 rooms from £85Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.Great walks - Good for walkers.Spa
The Godolphin Arms West Cornwall 10 rooms from £90Bar - Beachside barOn the beach - In front of the hotel.Seaviews - From some rooms.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Recently renovated, family run beachside hotel on the unspoilt Cornish coast with beautiful views and modern, well-equipped rooms. The restaurant and bar offer local Cornish dishes and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Suited for families and couples alike due to excellence of staff and location. See More