- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Southampton
This is where the Titanic set sail from, and it’s still a big port and useful transport hub - connected to lots of other European destinations. So for many people finding the best places to stay in Southampton is about finding a great place for a few nights on their way somewhere else.
But there’s quite a lot to do here. As well as being just across the Solent from the Isle of Wight, and just to the side of the beautiful and peaceful New Forest, Southampton has its own Roman ruins, the remains of a defensive wall dating from the Middle Ages, several listed parks and numerous art galleries and museums - several of them historic or maritime in flavour.
So it might be worth booking several nights in one of our Guru recommended best places to stay in Southampton.
What not to miss:
- Get out of the city and take long walks through the picturesque New Forest.
- Discover Southampton's Roman ruins.
- Visit the fascinating SeaCity Museum which includes exhibits on Southampton's most famous boat, the Titanic.
- Visit the pretty Tudor House and Gardens dating back to the 1400s.
The best places to stay in Southampton
For a boutique stay
The Pig In The Wall is a boutique, but traditional in style, hotel in the centre of town, with 12 generous sized rooms, luxurious bathrooms and fantastic breakfasts.
For an apartment or holiday home
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Fly directly to the small Southampton International Airport or for a wide choice of connections fly into the London airports (Heathrow or Gatwick). Numerous trains run directly from Southampton to London.
- Southampton is a year round destination with each season offering its own charm. However, for the best chance at warm bright days plan your trip in the summer months (June - August).
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
Still not sure where to book?
Best Hotels in Southampton
The Pig In The Wall 12 rooms from $169Southampton
Traditional English boutique hotel in central Southampton. Vintage style rooms with luxurious bathrooms and fantastic breakfasts. Ideal for a city break filled with shopping and history in the city from where Titanic set sail, or perfect for a pre or post cruise stopover.Coastal - HMS Titanic set sail from the harbourChic - Shabby chic style with wooden floorsRetro/Vintage - Vintage touches in all the roomsFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith