Search the best hotels in Heavenly
The Heavenly ski resort on the Californian Nevada border includes the highest of the mountains around Lake Tahoe within its ski fields, it also has the biggest vertical drop and the longest run. Skiers tend to follow the sun, skiing on the Nevada side in the morning and the Californian side in the afternoon, but wherever you ski the views are spectacular. The best places to stay in Heavenly are spread across both sides of the border, in amongst some 4,800 acres of ground, around a third of which has been developed into lodges, centres and runs. Around 20% of the runs are beginner, 45% for intermediates and 35% for advanced skiers.
What Not To Miss
- The skiing! With no shortage of runs to suit all levels, this really is a resort for all.
- For some of the best views - ride the Gondola at Heavenly 2.4 miles to the summit with an observation deck and food court allowing visitors to enjoy a meal with a view.
- Alternatively, unwind after a great day's skiing at one of the resort's spas - perfect for easing those aching muscles.
- Or take a break from active pursuits with a lok around of one of the local breweries where visitors can participate in tours and tastings of local specialities.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Heavenly are diverse and cater to everyone from outdoor enthusiasts to foodies.
The best places to stay in Heavenly
For Outdoors Folk
- The Ridge at Tahoe is at the foot of the Sierra Nevada, overlooking Lake Tahoe. In Winter it offers great access to the slopes and a ’ski paradise’, in Summer there are three tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools and watersports on the lake. There are almost 800 rooms, plus a large restaurant and deli.
- The Alder Inn is a 24 room inn just minutes from the lake and connected to the ski slopes with a free shuttle, in season. These are cosy, homely rooms, with friendly, comfortable decor. The inn has a garden set amongst mature pine trees, with a large pool and hot tub, and a barbecue area. You’re within a short stroll of some of the region’s best restaurants.
- Chic and affordable, the Coachman Hotel was your classic mountain motel, but its 42 rooms, and its well proportioned public spaces, have been converted into something much more akin to a design hotel: think a grey, mustard and wood colour scheme, cool lamps and lighting, and all the cool cat mod. cons. including artisan coffees in the cafe, and craft beers to enjoy in the bar or around the fire pit. There’s a big pool too.
For a Beach Escape
- The Landing Resort & Spa in the Heavenly Village is a contemporary,77 room hotel with a private beach on Lake Tahoe. Spacious, comfortable and serene.
- The Heavenly Valley Townhouses are a collection of just 15 two and three-bedroom luxury townhouses, simply and comfortably decorated, with full modern kitchens, washing machines, fireplaces, a ski locker and a jacuzzi. There’s also a pool in the complex, surrounded by pretty gardens.
For Great Value
- The Basecamp Hotel is a great value boutique hotel right on Lake Tahoe, with white-on-white decor, exposed metal and wood and craft beers and wholesome food on the menu.
- The Heavenly Valley Lodge is a 13 room, owner-run lodge equidistant between the water’s edge and the centre of the Heavenly Mountain Resort, and surrounded by parkland. The very affordable rooms have a cabin-y feeling, with decor that features lots of wood and log-fires surrounded by stone. All the rooms have kitchenettes, and the family rooms have bunk beds. There’s a deck and a patio, and plenty of space to enjoy the peaceful surrounds.
For an apartment or cabin
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties ideal for making the most of the lake and the mountains.
- Fly to Reno-Tahoe International Airport located 93km (58 miles) from Heavenly with a selection of flights to predominantly domestic destinations. There is an express bus service that runs from the airport to Heavenly Gondola.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the lake and mountains, for prices visit our online partner, Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - though the ski season runs between about November and April, this is also an incredibly spectacular place to come in Summer. Most of the best places to stay in Heavenly remain open for Summer sportsmen and women, outdoors-folk and those who just want to get away from it all and relax.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our selection of the best places to stay in Heavenly
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Lake Tahoe,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Heavenly
Best Hotels in Heavenly
Heavenly Valley Lodge Heavenly 13 rooms from £52Back to Nature - Lake Tahoe offers 300 days of sun a year, crystal clear lakes, snow-peaked mountains, vast forests and stunning natural scenerySkiing - Heavenly Valley Ski Resort shuttle picks up and drops off guests in front of the property and takes them directly to the slopesActive Holiday - Every outdoor activity imagineable is on offer; gliding, riding, skydiving, parasailing, paddle boarding, sledding & tubingValue chic - A super affordable and comfortable base from which to explore this amazing region
Intimate owner-run lodge surrounded by parkland a block from Lake Tahoe. Cosy and inviting cabin-style rooms feature fireplaces, wood and rock features; all have kitchenettes and family rooms include bunk beds. Large gardens are home to patio, deck and outdoor furniture. Great for outdoor lovers. See More
Basecamp Hotel Heavenly (South Lake Tahoe) 74 rooms from £95Fishing - The hotel will happily advise you about the best fishing on the many local lakes.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Hotel Azure Heavenly (South Lake Tahoe) 99 rooms from £105Families - This is perfect family holiday material with a large pool and games room on site plus endless activities in the regionActive Holiday - The region is perfect for an active stay with ski resorts, nature parks for hikes, and the lake for watersportsGreat walks - This is stunning walking and hiking countryKayaking - Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Tahoe
A modern mountain retreat set by Lake Tahoe, just minutes from Heavenly Mountain Resort. Spacious rooms have a rustic chic feel with wood-panelled walls contrasting with floor-to-ceiling windows. With a games room, pool, and an efficient concierge team - this is a perfect base for an active break. See More
The Alder Inn Heavenly 24 rooms from £115Active Holiday - You are spoilt for choice for outdoor activites; there's riding, golf, lake cruises, hiking, mountain biking and wild swimmingSights nearby - Visit Vikingsholm Castle in Emerald Bay, considered one of the finest examples of Scandinavian architecture in the United StatesGreat walks - The summer months offer great hiking through prairies of wildflowers and pine forests with stunning lake and mountain viewsSwimming Pool - The large heated outdoor swimming pool is open between spring and fall
Family-owned and run inn located 5 mins from the lake and connected to the slopes by free shuttle. Rooms are cosy and comfortable with homely decor. A small garden offers a large pool, hot tub and outdoor seating amongst mature pine trees. Some of the area's best restaurants are walking distance. See More
The Ridge at Tahoe Heavenly (Nevada) 791 rooms from £125Sailing - In the summer months the lake is open to watersports from the jetty.Tennis - Tennis courts are avalailable for all.Great walks - Through town or around Lake Tahoe.Local markets - Heavenly Village.
Resting on the Sierra Nevada Ridge overlooking Lake Tahoe, this ski resort has great access to the slopes. Rooms and apartments are spacious, modern in design and with all mod-cons. Hungry Bear Restaurant and the Deli are open for all. Three tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools and ski paradise. See More
Coachman Hotel Heavenly 42 rooms from £133City Style - In an area dominated by classic mountain properties, the paired-back, contemporary clean aesthetic will appeal to savvy guestsGroups - The three-bedroom suite is a fab option for groups of friends travelling together looking to socialise after a day outdoorsBusiness meetings - Works as an alternative co-working space, casual off-site or relaxed meeting locationSights nearby - Guests receive complimentary access to Lakeside Park Beach with volleyball, picnic tables, kayaking and jet skiRecommended by - Tablet
Mid-century mountain motel transformed into hip boutique lodge. Easy walking distance from the lake, slopes, restaurants and sites. Enjoy design-led rooms, Apple TV, outdoor pool in summer, hot tub in winter and artisan coffee or craft beers around the fire pit. Laid-back outdoor adventure base. See More
PlayPark Lodge Heavenly 13 rooms from £137Active Holiday - Spend days outdoors all year round with skiing, snowboarding, boating, riding, hiking, hot air ballooning and paraglidingFamilies - The well-designed family rooms come with a double bed and cosy bunk beds that will work for kids of all agesWhirlpool Bathtub - The King and Queen Suites come with spa baths and gas fireplacesLakeside - It's a 10 minute drive to Lake Tahoe
A welcoming inn with a laid-back friendly feel. Homely rooms feature cosy schemes, plush furnishings and contemporary luxe-style decor; some come with spa baths and fireplaces. The yard and spacious plot have outdoor furniture. Works equally well for couples, friends or families. See More
Black Bear Lodge Heavenly (South Lake Tahoe) 216 rooms from £140Back to Nature - Set in the between Lake Tahoe and the mountains, this hotel makes a beautiful back-to-nature retreatFamilies - Families are well-catered to here, with self-catering cabins that have multiple bedroomsLocal exploring - With the lake and the mountains close by, there is lots to explore local to the hotelKayaking - Explore Lake Tahoe on a kayaking excursion, great for a family day out. Rent kayaks from the hotelRecommended by - Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC
This chic mountain retreat is located in South Lake Tahoe. The hotel offers private cabins and a lodge with rooms. The modern interiors have stone wall features and wooden beams which add an alpine feel, plus cosy fireplaces for warming up after long walks; the perfect spot for a hideaway holiday. See More
The Landing Resort & Spa Heavenly (California) 77 rooms from £140Lakeside - Private lakeside beach, as well as the private pool.Views - Stunning views of South Tahoe Lake.Kayaking - Possible from Lakeside Marina.Secluded setting - For escaping.
In Heavenly Village Ski Resort this contemporary hotel with a private beach on Tahoe Lake offers spacious, comfortable rooms with access to an outdoor pool and spa. You can watch the view from the rooftop next to a fire pit. You won't be disappointed; it's a serene, stunning location. Plenty to do! See More
7 Seas Inn at Tahoe Heavenly 16 rooms from £158Active Holiday - Whether staying in summer or winter there are endless outdoor activities available - on land, air and waterSailing - Can be booked nearby.LakesideGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Homely owner-run inn located between Lake Tahoe and Heavenly. Return to contemporary cosy rooms after a day outdoors; all feature wood floors and modern muted palette while some have fireplaces. The pleasant garden offers relaxed outdoor seating plus a small hot tub. Laid-back affordable base. See More
The Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly Heavenly 22 rooms from £164Back to Nature - Surrounded by big gardens and atmospheric pine trees, with Lake Tahoe at walking distance, this is a fab nature-facing retreatActive Holiday - Lake Tahoe delivers outdoor activities all year round; come for mountain biking & kayaking in the summer or winter sportsGreat walks - One of the best ways to explore the lake is to walk around its perimetre, stopping for swims at sandy beaches along the wayMinimum Stay - There is a two night minimum stay
A contemporary take on a traditional Alpine lodge. Set on a wooded plot a few blocks from Lake Tahoe, all rooms feature large well-equipped kitchenettes, gas fires and balconies. There's lots of outdoor furniture for the warm months. Spacious, modern & extremely comfortable. Great for long stays. See More
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel Heavenly 400 rooms from £184Active Holiday - Lake Tahoe offers every outdoor activity imagineable from skiing, snowmobiling and tubing to parasailing, watersports & fishingFamilies - Every room type at the property is a two-room suite, providing an affordable and perfect set-up for families of all agesRestaurant - The casual dining American restaurant serves light meals made with fresh locally sourced ingredients. There's also a cafe barSwimming Pool - The large heated indoor pool with mountain views will apeal to children and adults alike. There is also a whirlpool hot tub
Comprehensive all-suite family-friendly resort with super location near both Lake Tahoe and Heavenly Mountain Resort gondola. Spacious well-equipped accommodation plus great facilities - indoor pool, hot tub, gym and restaurant - makes for a comfortable base for outdoor exploring all year round. See More
Grand Residences by Marriott - Lake Tahoe Heavenly 184 rooms from £190Child friendly - There are kids programs for all ages from toddler to teens. Activities include guided hikes, arts & crafts, hot cocoa and gamesSkiing - It's a very short stroll to the gondola which takes you up to Heavenly Mountain Resort for world-class skiing and snow-boardingFamilies - Multi-room residences offer the perfect home-away-from-home with large kitchens, cosy fireplaces and lots of space for downtimeActive Holiday - Enjoy endless outdoor pursuits in the area including fishing, watersports, mountain biking, hiking, river rafting and sailing
Luxury holiday resort walking distance to the gondola. Classic and contemporary rooms, studios and residences provide very comfortable accommodation for all group sizes - many have full kitchens. Impressive facilities for all the family; enjoy a kid's club, outdoor pool, gym, spa and restaurant. See More
Station House Inn Heavenly (LAKE TAHOE) 96 rooms from £222Active Holiday - With a beautiful alpine lake, private beach, and ski resort on the doorstep there are numerous activities year roundGreat walks - Take long walks in Emerald Bay State Park and admire the spectacular viewsSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor poolTraditional
A charming lodge-style hotel perfectly placed to access Lake Tahoe's ski resorts and beach. Well-appointed rooms have a retro feel with green-tiled bathrooms and rustic decor. Outdoors is a large pool and a year-round hot tub. Hearty breakfasts are served to set you up for a day outdoors. See More
Marriott's Timber Lodge Heavenly 264 rooms from £226Families - Fully-equipped kitchens and large living areas - plus special kid's activities - make this great for families of all agesSkiing - Take the gondola on site up to Heavenly Mountain Resort to world-class skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling and sledgingChild friendly - The Clubhouse features a log cabin playhouse, rock climbing wall, books and games while The Den is designed for teensActive Holiday - Well-located for outdoor activities all year round including mountain biking, hiking, watersports, fishing and riding
Luxurious holiday resort made up of rooms and spacious 1, 2 and 3-bedroom villas. Contemporary glam decor combines a fresh colour palette and plush furnishings. Adjacent to the gondola, on-site facilities include a pool, hot tub, restaurant, games room and kids' club. Perfect for all the family. See More
Heavenly Valley Townhouses Heavenly 15 rooms from £269Skiing - The property is walking distance to Heavenly Valley Ski Resort; it's so close you can even pop back to your townhouse for lunchActive Holiday - A fantastic base for snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking and lake-based activities all year roundFamilies - Super comfortable well-designed home-away-from-homes that comfortably fit all the familySailing - Get some friends together and book the party boat for a fun day out on the amazing Lake Tahoe
Beautifully decorated two and three-bedroom luxury townhouses with direct ski resort access. Each house features a full modern kitchen, washer-drier, fireplaces, jacuzzi and ski locker. Modern and glam homely decor combines with traditional wooden touches. Enjoy the outdoor pool and pretty gardens. See More
Edgewood Tahoe Resort Heavenly (Stateline) 154 rooms from £280Luxury - With fine dining, a spoiling spa, indulgent bedrooms, and its own golf course - nothing is amiss hereBack to Nature - Set on the southern shore of Lake Tahoe with breathtaking mountain and lake viewsSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolSecluded setting - For escaping.
A luxury hotel enjoying one of the finest positions on Lake Tahoe. Contemporary rooms feature plenty of wood and glass, gas fireplaces and each has a private terrace. With its own 18-hole golf course, a supremely indulgent spa, and an unbeatable location - it doesn't get much better than this. See More