- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Heavenly
The Heavenly ski resort on the Californian Nevada border includes the highest of the mountains around Lake Tahoe within its ski fields, it also has the biggest vertical drop and the longest run. Skiers tend to follow the sun, skiing on the Nevada side in the morning and the Californian side in the afternoon, but wherever you ski the views are spectacular. The best places to stay in Heavenly are spread across both sides of the border, in amongst some 4,800 acres of ground, around a third of which has been developed into lodges, centres and runs. Around 20% of the runs are beginner, 45% for intermediates and 35% for advanced skiers.
What Not To Miss
- The skiing! With no shortage of runs to suit all levels, this really is a resort for all.
- For some of the best views - ride the Gondola at Heavenly 2.4 miles to the summit with an observation deck and food court allowing visitors to enjoy a meal with a view.
- Alternatively, unwind after a great day's skiing at one of the resort's spas - perfect for easing those aching muscles.
- Or take a break from active pursuits with a lok around of one of the local breweries where visitors can participate in tours and tastings of local specialities.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Heavenly are diverse and cater to everyone from outdoor enthusiasts to foodies.
The best places to stay in Heavenly
For an active break
- The Ridge at Tahoe is at the foot of the Sierra Nevada, overlooking Lake Tahoe. In Winter it offers great access to the slopes and a ’ski paradise’, in Summer there are three tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools and watersports on the lake. There are almost 800 rooms, plus a large restaurant and deli.
For a beach escape
- The Landing Resort & Spa in the Heavenly Village is a contemporary,77 room hotel with a private beach on Lake Tahoe. Spacious, comfortable and serene.
For Great Value
- The Basecamp Hotel is a great value boutique hotel right on Lake Tahoe, with white-on-white decor, exposed metal and wood and craft beers and wholesome food on the menu.
For an apartment or cabin
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties ideal for making the most of the lake and the mountains.
- Fly to Reno-Tahoe International Airport located 93km (58 miles) from Heavenly with a selection of flights to predominantly domestic destinations. There is an express bus service that runs from the airport to Heavenly Gondola.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the lake and mountains, for prices visit our online partner, Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - though the ski season runs between about November and April, this is also an incredibly spectacular place to come in Summer. Most of the best places to stay in Heavenly remain open for Summer sportsmen and women, outdoors-folk and those who just want to get away from it all and relax.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Heavenly
Basecamp Hotel 74 rooms from £94Heavenly (South Lake Tahoe)
A totally unique boutique hotel right on Lake Tahoe. The perfect mix of modern convenience and rustic-chic. White on white decor with bold splashes of colour and contrasting metal and wood. Craft beers and wholesome food- the perfect après-ski.Fishing - The hotel will happily advise you about the best fishing on the many local lakes.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterOutstanding location
The Landing Resort & Spa 77 rooms from £138Heavenly (California)
In Heavenly Village Ski Resort this contemporary hotel with a private beach on Tahoe Lake offers spacious, comfortable rooms with access to an outdoor pool and spa. You can watch the view from the rooftop next to a fire pit. You won't be disappointed; it's a serene, stunning location. Plenty to do!Views - Stunning views of South Tahoe Lake.Kayaking - Possible from Lakeside Marina.Secluded setting - For escaping.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
The Ridge at Tahoe 791 rooms from £123Heavenly (California)
Resting on the Sierra Nevada Ridge overlooking Lake Tahoe, this ski resort has great access to the slopes. Rooms and apartments are spacious, modern in design and with all mod-cons. Hungry Bear Restaurant and the Deli are open for all. Three tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools and ski paradise.Sailing - In the summer months the lake is open to watersports from the jetty.Great walks - Through town or around Lake Tahoe.Local markets - Heavenly Village.Lively - Hip and happening.