Search the best hotels in Hoi An
About Hoi An
A former trading port on the Thu Bon River, historic Hoi An is undoubtedly one of the most atmospheric towns in Vietnam. Preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this is a favourite destination amongst romantics and history buffs, as well as keen shoppers and art enthusiasts. Accommodation options in the area abound, with charming boutique boltholes as well as swish city hotels fit for couples, friends and families. Our Gurus’ list of the best places to stay in Hoi An is the perfect starting point for planning your trip.
Easily accessible from Da Nang, Hoi An boasts a beguiling blend of Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese and European architecture, reflecting its wealthy trading roots. Stroll through narrow streets, admiring ochre-painted shophouses and residences, many now home to tailoring workshops, art galleries and cafes. Architectural highlights include centuries-old Tan Ky House, the iconic Japanese Covered Bridge, the Fujian Assembly Hall and the Quan Cong Temple, where incense wafts between glossy red columns.
Hoi An is also a fabulous place to have clothing copied or designed. Expert seamstresses from one of the hundreds of ateliers can whip up a whole new outfit in a matter of days — often using high-quality Vietnamese silk. Whilst your clothes are being crafted, consider enchanting boat trips on the Thu Bon River, relaxed cycling excursions through the old town and the surrounding countryside, and flavoursome cookery classes. The best places to stay in Hoi An await!
The Best Places to Stay in Hoi An
For Boutique Charm
- Nghê Prana Villa & Spa has 23 airy, minimalist rooms and suites on the banks of the Thu Bon River. Polished concrete interiors with modern art pieces and free-standing tubs are fresh and appealing. The strong wellness ethos is reflected in yoga classes, meditation workshops and healing gong baths. Great value for a restful, reflective trip.
- Little Hoi An Boutique Hotel & Spa is a romantic favourite, with 30 pretty rooms and suites boasting traditional lanterns, patterned tiled floors and warm golden tones. The best suites have river views; all share access to a pool and enchanting dining terrace. Intimate, classic and very lovely.
- La Siesta is a simple hotel in a riverside village close to Hoi An. A cheerful ochre-yellow exterior hides classic rooms with tiled floors, historic photographs and polished wooden furniture. The huge swimming pool is ideal for unwinding after days of cycling or shopping in the historic old town. Though the hotel is larger, the suites are charming.
- Delicacy Hotel & Spa prides itself on having been inspired by the vibrant peacock. Rooms and suites are stylish and contemporary, with peacock murals, blue velvet upholstery and smart bathrooms. Inter-connecting options are great for families, who will appreciate the central swimming pool and reasonable pricing. The rooftop bar — perhaps more one for the grown-ups — has a great vibe.
- Mulberry Collection Silk Village showcases Hoi An's rich silkproducing history through its decor as well as the onsite Silk Village Museum. Multiple swimming pools, a kids club area and bicycles to borrow make this a top family choice. Slightly north of old Hoi An, but within easy reach for exploring.
- Anantara Hoi An, set on the banks of the Thu Bon River, offers a charming fusion of modern interiors and classic charm. Cool off in the pool, take romantic river cruises, or kick back in cosy rooms with swish modern bathrooms. Book a room with a private riverview balcony for the ideal couples' escape.
- Four Seasons The Nam Hai is a sophisticated luxury beach resort, perfect for honeymoon couples or groups of friends and families. Choose a multi-room villa with private pool, or hide away in an elegant ocean-facing suite with big sink-into tub. Savour delicious cuisine at the restaurants and bars after sensational spa treatments. Glorious.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Da Nang International Airport, 40 minutes' drive from Hoi An. Most visitors from outside of Asia will need to change in Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi or another Asian hub. If travelling from elsewhere in Vietnam, consider taking the train. Speak to your hotel in advance about organising an airport pick-up.
- If you're comfortable driving in Asia, contact our partner Rentalcars to hire a car.
- Temperatures range between 25–30°C throughout the year. The dry season typically runs from December to September. Expect heavier rainfall between October and early December.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to discover the best places to stay in Da Nang.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Vietnam.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Hoi An
Best Hotels in Hoi An
Nghê Prana Villa & Spa Hoi An Hoi An (Vietnam) 23 rooms from £43City Style - Minimalist interiors channel traditional Vietnamese design with an understated, contemporary feel at this hotelValue chic - A simple and stylish hotel, perfect for price-conscious travellers in search of a tranquil riverside baseLocal markets - Rise early to join bustlng crowds at the Central Market, or spend a relaxed evening admiring the stalls of the night marketSights nearby - Take a day trip to the fascinating My Son Sanctuary, best seen with an expert guide
With just 23 airy, minimalist rooms & suites, this is an appealingly intimate hotel in tranquil surroundings close to historic Hoi An. Bordering the Thu Bon River, spaces fuse traditional Vietnamese elements & more modern design, with bright local artwork, polished concrete floors & big bathtubs. See More
Delicacy Hotel & Spa Hoi An (Vietnam) 68 rooms from £46Families - Generous family suites with space for extra beds are ideal for trips with little ones, as is the central locationRomantic Break - Elegant suites with private balconies are perfect for romantic breaks, complete with sundowners on the rooftopGreat walks - Stroll through the old town, admiring the Japanese Covered Bridge and various tailoring workshops & galleriesRestaurant - Enjoy traditional Vietnamese cuisine at Chestnut Hoi An Restaurant
Inspired by the vibrant peacock, Delicacy Hotel's comfortable rooms & suites feature bold murals in jewel-like blues & greens, as well as pretty teal headboards. The best suites boast free-standing tubs & private balconies, perfect for unwinding in style. Rooftop sundowners are a real treat! See More
Mulberry Collection Silk Village Hoi An (Vietnam) 131 rooms from £52Value chic - Very stylish, this is a surprisingly affordable choice for an indulgent stay in Hoi An's gorgeous old townFamilies - Families will adore the multiple swimming pools, kids' play area, free bicycles & flexible room optionsGreat walks - Speak to the team to arrange a guided walking tour of old Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage site with fabulous temples & housesRestaurant - Dine on authentic Vietnamese dishes at LU10 Restaurant, enjoy more contemporary cuisine at The Muse or unwind at The Terrace
Showcasing Hoi An's sensational silk traditions, this smart hotel offers spacious rooms & suites set around two refreshing swimming pools. Private balconies overlook leafy gardens, whilst rooms have pretty tiled floors, high ceilings, modern bathrooms & embroidered silk accents. Lovely. See More
Little Hoi An Boutique Hotel & Spa Hoi An (Vietnam) 30 rooms from £64Romantic Break - A charming boutique bolthole, perfect for a romantic weekend in Hoi An with a sense of heritage styleShort break - Ideal for weekends away if based in the region, this is a lovely spot in a fabulous historic townSights nearby - Soak up sights like the Fujian Assembly Hall and the Japanese Covered Bridge on a guided city tourLocal markets - Pick up souvenirs — including silk textiles — at the lantern-lit Hoi An Night Market
A charming boutique bolthole with characterful interiors in historic Hoi An. The 30 airy rooms & suites — some with river views — feature traditional lanterns, patterned tiled floors and warm golden tones. Tranquil and intimate, this friendly little hotel has long been a romantic favourite. See More
La Siesta Hoi An (Thanh Hà, Vietnam) 107 rooms from £99Honeymoons - The secluded setting, adults-only pool, in-room hot tubs and romantic dining make this an ideal honeymoon spotOther Activities - Take the shuttle to An Bang beach for long walks along the shore & swimming in the warm ocean watersCycling - Borrow a free red Japanese postman-style bicycle and head into Hoi An or down to the beachValue chic - A great value choice, given the lovely rooms, swimming pools & fantastic foodRecommended by - I Escape
A pocket friendly and cheerful resort sitting in a lush river village, just outside of Hoi An. The lovely rooms offer tradition mixed with contemporary comforts; expect wooden floors, ceiling fans and canopied beds. With two pools, fantastic food and a world class spa. Peaceful and stylish. See More
Anantara Hoi An Hoi An (Vietnam) 94 rooms from £212Local markets - Rise early to see the fishermen returning from a night on the Cua Dai Sea, boats ladne with produce for the Hoi An MarketRomantic Break - A wonderfully romantic luxury hotel with a timeless sense of style and indulgent guest rooms for couplesCity Style - A charming hotel with French colonial-inspired interiors, plus private balconies overlooking the riverMuseums - The Museum of the Revolution, full of propaganda art, is marvellous for art and culture enthusiastsRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
A delightful boutique hotel on the banks of the Thu Bon River, in a historic part of Hoi An. Light and airy rooms feature separate seating areas, private balconies and hot tubs. There is an inviting outdoor pool and spa plus fine dining at Lanterns Restaurant. A stylish city setting. See More
Four Seasons The Nam Hai Hoi An (Vietnam) 100 rooms from £423Spa breaks - Enjoy rejuvenating treatments at The Heart of The Earth Spa, set atop a lotus-filled lagoon & promising a dream spa breakActive Holiday - A fabulous luxury resort with tennis courts, watersports & a cookery school, perfect for couples or familiesGolf - Just ten minutes' drive from the Montgomerie Links Golf Course and The Dunes at the Danang Golf ClubCooking classes - Hone your skills at the Nam Hai Cooking Academy, creating seasonal dishes from market-fresh produceRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
An exceptional seaside resort with contemporary Vietnamese artwork, hand-spun silks and polished local wood adorning chic contemporary suites and villas. Palatial rooms invite guests of all ages to unwind in sensational style, with state-of-the-art bathrooms. The spa is nothing short of fabulous. See More