Search the best hotels in Hoi An
About Hoi An
Undoubtedly one of Vietnam’s most atmospheric towns, Hoi An is an historic delight. A former port on the Thu Bon River near Da Nang, the old merchant houses have been converted into stylish restaurants, art galleries and tailors. The best places to stay in Hoi An are ideal for exploring both the town itself and the surrounding area.
In 1999, the old town was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in an effort to preserve the core of historic architecture - a stunning mix of Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, and European styles. Though it has since become one of the nation’s wealthiest and busiest tourist towns, it is almost entirely saved from the modern blights of traffic and pollution, meaning this cosmopolitan melting pot retains its easy going provincial demeanor.
What not to miss:
- Fancy a wardrobe update? Tailors will happily sew you up a new suit or gown from inside one of the photogenic Chinese-style shop houses. We suggest you bring an old favourite to have copied.
- The Tan Ky House is two centuries old and lovingly preserved through seven generations. Keep an eye out for signs of Japanese and Chinese influences and see how Vietnamese merchants lived more than 200 years ago.
- Kodak moment: the picturesque Japanese covered bridge is a veritable emblem of old Hoi An with wonderfully detailed Japanese carvings and statues it makes for a particularly romantic photo opportunity.
There are so many sights in this beautiful city that many of the best places to stay in Hoi An are booked up quite a long time in advance.
The Best Places to Stay in Hoi An
For sophisticated beach lovers
- Contemporary, design-focused, the sleekest beach hotel around - The Nam Hai has re-invigorated Vietnam’s luxury hotel scene.
For a blend of local and colonial charm
- Positioned on the banks of the Thu Bon River, the Anantara Hoi An is a charming boutique retreat. The hotel was designed to reflect Hoi An’s fascinating cultural diversity with French, Dutch, Chinese, and Japanese -influenced interiors. The river cruise is a particular highlight.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest airport is in Da Nang which has domestic connections from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Hue. By train, the nearest station is also in Da Nang and several trains run a day from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue and Nha Trang.
- Best time to visit - Hoi An is a year round destination with warm weather (around 29°C) dominating most of the year. The monsoon runs from September through to January so to avoid the risk of rain it's best to travel outside of these months.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Da Nang,
- or the whole of Vietnam?
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Hoi An
Best Hotels in Hoi An
La Siesta Hoi An (Thanh Hà,) 107 rooms from £87Honeymoons - Secluded setting, adults only pool, private in room hot tubs and fantastic food make this an ideal spot for a honeymoonOther Activities - Take the shuttle down to An Bang beach and enjoy long walks along the shore and swimming in the warm waterValue chic - Great value for this comfortable and well serviced hotel, the rooms are stunning and the food is fantasticFamilies - Very welcoming to families, with kids pool, family rooms, playground and all day snacks served at the poolRecommended by - I Escape
A pocket friendly and cheerful resort sitting on a lush river village, just outside of Hoi An. The lovely rooms offer tradition mixed with contemporary comforts- expect wooden floors, ceiling fans and canopied beds. With two pools, fantastic food and a world class spa. Peaceful and stylish. See More
Anantara Hoi An Hoi An (Quang Nam Province,) 94 rooms from £110Great walks - The hotel organises walking tours of Cham Imperial City of My Son and the Marble Mountain.Four poster beds - For romantics.SpaRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Delightful boutique hotel on the banks of the Thu Bon river, in a historic part of Hoi An. Light and airy rooms feature separate seating areas, private balconies and hot tub tubs. There is an inviting outdoor pool and spa plus fine dining at Lanterns restaurant. A stylish city setting. See More
The Nam Hai Hoi An (Quảng Nam,) 100 rooms from £423Tennis - There are tennis courts on site for guests to use.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.SpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Equal parts immaculate and stylish. A beach hotel that's great for families or couples. Contemporary Vietnamese artwork adorns the walls alongside hand spun silks & polished local wood. Rooms are palatial with state of the art bathrooms. Plus three pools, four tennis courts, a spa and fine dining. See More