- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Hoi An
About Hoi An
Undoubtedly one of Vietnam’s most atmospheric towns, Hoi An is an historic delight. A former port on the Thu Bon River near Da Nang, the old merchant houses have been converted into stylish restaurants, art galleries and tailors. The best places to stay in Hoi An are ideal for exploring both the town itself and the surrounding area.
In 1999, the old town was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in an effort to preserve the core of historic architectur - a stunning mix of Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, and European styles. Though it has since become one of the nation’s wealthiest and busiest tourist towns, it is almost entirely saved from the modern blights of traffic and pollution, meaning this cosmopolitan melting pot retains its easy going provincial demeanor.
What not to miss:
- Fancy a wardrobe update? Tailors will happily sew you up a new suit or gown from inside one of the photogenic Chinese-style shop houses. We suggest you bring an old favorite to have copied.
- The Tan Ky House is two centuries old and lovingly preserved through seven generations. Keep an eye out for signs of Japanese and Chinese influences and see how Vietnamese merchants lived more than 200 years ago.
- Kodak moment: the picturesque Japanese covered bridge is a veritable emblem of old Hoi An with wonderfully detailed Japanese carvings and statues it makes for a particularly romantic photo opportunity.
There are so many sights in this beautiful city that many of the best places to stay in Hoi An are quickly snapped up so make plans and make your booking soon.
The best places to stay in Hoi An
For sophisticated beach lovers
- Contemporary, design-focused, the sleekest beach hotel around - The Nam Hai has re-invigorated Vietnam’s luxury hotel scene.
For a blend of local and colonial charm
- Positioned on the banks of the Thu Bon River, the Anantara Hoi An is a charming boutique retreat. The hotel was designed to reflect Hoi An’s fascinating cultural diversity with French, Dutch, Chinese, and Japanese -influenced interiors. The river cruise is a particular highlight.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest airport is in Da Nang which has domestic connections from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Hue. By train, the nearest station is also in Da Nang and several trains run a day from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue and Nha Trang.
- Best time to visit - Hoi An is a year round destination with warm weather (around 29°C) dominating most of the year. The monsoon runs from September through to January so to avoid the risk of rain it's best to travel outside of these months.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- Browse through all our recommendations in Hoi An.
- Expand your search to include the whole of Vietnam.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Hoi An
Anantara Hoi An 94 rooms from $143Hoi An (Quang Nam Province,)
Delightful boutique hotel on the banks of the Thu Bon river, in a historic part of Hoi An. Light and airy rooms feature separate seating areas, private balconies and jacuzzi tubs. There is an inviting outdoor pool and spa plus fine dining at Lanterns restaurant. A stylish city setting.Great walks - The hotel organises walking tours of Cham Imperial City of My Son and the Marble Mountain.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
The Nam Hai 100 rooms from $551Hoi An (Quảng Nam,)
Equal parts immaculate and stylish. A beach hotel that's great for families or couples. Contemporary Vietnamese artwork adorns the walls alongside hand spun silks & polished local wood. Rooms are palatial with state of the art bathrooms. Plus three pools, four tennis courts, a spa and fine dining.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet