Search the best hotels in Da Nang
About Da Nang
Da Nang is changing fast. Previously something of a provincial backwater, it’s now a bustling city of impressive bridges, contemporary hotels and swanky restaurants. An immensely popular seaside destination, with beautiful beaches and water sports activities aplenty, it’s also a brilliant stop on a family holiday to Vietnam. Many of the best places to stay in Da Nang are clustered along China Beach, just south of the city centre.
Take a guided walking tour of the city for a sense of its emerging cultural identity. The Museum of Cham Sculpture offers a chance to delve into the past, whilst the Dragon Bridge’s weekly fire and water show provides more glitzy entertainment. Taste Da Nang’s seafood specialities at myriad street food stalls, or with a night tour on the back of a motorbike. The city’s vibrant evening scene is great fun for groups of friends!
Also a superb springboard for discovering the many attractions of central Vietnam, Da Nang is within easy reach of the atmospheric Hoi An and historic Hue, the country's former imperial capital. The spectacular Son Tra Peninsula is home to craggy Mui Nghe, which — along with the verdant Marble Mountains — will delight hikers and ramblers. Return to one of the best places to stay in Da Nang for sunset cocktails on the sand.
The Best Places to Stay in Da Nang
- Naman Retreat is a sleek, minimalist hotel on a stretch of golden beach just south of Da Nang. With a strong wellness focus, the hotel hosts yoga, tai chi and meditation classes, and has a fantastic spa. White-on-white rooms and suites are perfect for romantic breaks. The Montgomerie Links Club is just across the road — perfect for keen golfers.
- Sel de Mer Hotel & Suites will appeal to both couples and groups of friends. A swish high-rise, this hotel has cool, contemporary interiors with a pale blue and white colour palette and floor-to-ceiling windows framing ocean and city views. Hit the bar or the infinity pool after relaxing spa treatments. Very hip.
- Furama Resort, on a private stretch of China Beach, reflects both French and Vietnamese elements in its elegant design. The kids club and family suites make this a great spot for all ages, who will also enjoy water sports, tennis and nearby golf. Lively and good fun.
For a Luxury Spa Escape
- Tia Wellness Resort boasts Asia's first all-inclusive spa. A sophisticated resort with slick monochrome interiors in indulgent suites and villas with private pools, it's the perfect escape for wellness enthusiasts as well as families. Tailor-made programmes strive to nourish mind, body and spirit in style. Fabulous.
- Intercontinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort has it all. An exceptional retreat on the Son Tra Peninsula, the resort has beautiful contemporary suites and villas, as well as a serene spa with suspended reflexology rooms. Top-notch facilites and a vast selection of activities await.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Da Nang International Airport, and take a taxi or shuttle into the city centre. Most visitors from outside of Asia will need to change in Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi or another Asian hub. If travelling from elsewhere in Vietnam, consider taking the train. Speak to your hotel in advance about organising an airport pick-up.
- If you're comfortable driving in Asia, contact our partner Rentalcars to hire a car.
- Temperatures range between 25–30°C throughout the year. The dry season typically runs from December to September. Expect heavier rainfall between October and early December.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to discover the best places to stay in Hoi An.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Vietnam.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Da Nang
Best Hotels in Da Nang
Sel de Mer Hotel & Suites Da Nang (Vietnam) 164 rooms from £77Close to nightlife - Begin your night at the hotel's speakeasy, before heading out to the city's top bars and nightclubs, many of which are nearbyGroups - Multi-bedroom suites, chic interiors and lively bars & eateries make this a fun pick for a trip with friendsCity Style - A glitzy high-rise hotel overlooking the ocean in Da Nang, this is a stylish city padOther Activities - Catch the famous Dragon Bridge’s fire & water show, held every Saturday
A chic high-rise hotel with a swish rooftop pool overlooking the ocean in Da Nang. Generous suites are decorated in cream & pale blue tones, with floor-to-ceiling windows & private balconies. Lively & convivial, this cool, contemporary property has a fresh, innovative appeal. Ideal for city breaks. See More
Furama Resort Da Nang (Khue My Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District) 268 rooms from £150Diving - The diving season runs from February to October, during which time there are numerous exciting dive sites to exploreBeach Life - Set on a private stretch of China Beach and with many rooms offering sea views, this is the perfect coastal escapeWatersports - The hotel's watersports centre offers stacks of activities, from catamaran sailing to banana boatingFamilies - Complete with a kids club and family suites, plus watersports and games aplenty
A has-it-all luxury resort set on a private stretch of China Beach. Interiors have been styled with French and Vietnamese influence - expect dark rosewood and floaty muslin. Activities abound from endless watersports to golf or tennis. While the spa is utterly spoiling. Beach perfection. See More
Naman Retreat Da Nang (Ngu Hanh Son District) 133 rooms from £158Yoga - Daily outdoor yoga, tai chi and meditation classes in the leafy grounds, often within sight of the seaGolf - Just opposite the two popular golf courses of Montgomerie Links Vietnam, perfect for keen golfersBeach Life - Located right on a beautiful stretch of white sand beach, this is an idyllic seaside escapeRomantic Break - Choose one of the villas with a private plunge pool for a perfect couples' hideaway
A luxury retreat set on a quiet and beautiful stretch of beach near Da Nang. Interiors are all white-on-white with sleek minimalist design. Pick a villa for a private plunge pool. The No-Wall spa is a place to come and unwind in nature while there is a wide choice of bars and restaurants. Superb. See More
Tia Wellness Resort Da Nang (Vietnam) 87 rooms from £361Spa breaks - An award-winning spa retreat — amongst the best in Vietnam — with 22 treatment rooms and a vast array of rejuvenating workshopsRomantic Break - Cool, contemporary villas with private pools and ocean views — plus candlelit beach dinners — are ideal for romantic escapesRestaurant - Feast on nourishing cuisine at the Art Lounge, Ocean Bistro or stylish Dining RoomSpa - The Tia Wellness Centre has been amongst Vietnam's top spas for over a decadeRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Boasting Asia's first all-inclusive spa, this chic contemporary resort is a masterpiece in monochrome design. Wellness programmes include rejuvenating treatments, nourishing cuisine & restorative treatments for body, mind & spirit. A marvellous escape with a seriously slick sense of style. See More
Intercontinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort Da Nang 201 rooms from £340Honeymoons - Romantic four-poster beds and bathtubs large enough for two with spectacular sea views make this a gorgeous honeymoon hotelWildlife Area - Join the resident zoologist for a guided walk through the jungle, spotting endemic birds, butterflies and wildlifeFoodies - Foodies will adore three-star Michelin Chef Pierre Gagnaire's Maison 1888, a fabulous fine dining restaurantOther Activities - Try your hand at navitaging your own traditional Vietnamese basket boat - great fun for the whole family!
Tranquil and luxurious - this beachside five-star is a real treat. Romantic rooms have large four-posters, private terraces, and deep bathtubs with ocean views. Boasting a private beach and infinity pools. Plus, a spa with suspended swinging reflexology rooms is very unique. A spoiling stay. See More