12 of the Best Hotels in the 7th Arrondissement, Paris
If you’re not totally familiar with Paris’s arrondissement system, the 7th is the part of the city on the Left Bank of the Seine, just across from the Louvre, where you’ll find the Eiffel Tower, the Musée d’Orsay, the Musée Rodin, the Musée de L’Armée and Napoleon’s resting place, Les Invalides. This explains why the neighbourhood is such a popular destination for tourists and many of the properties on our list of the best hotels in the 7th Arrondissement are so well located that you can to pretty much walk to all of Paris's highlights. We've a good range of accommodation here for every style and budget, from top notch luxury stays to romantic boltholes and an elegant B&B in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower.
The area also includes the stylish shopping district of St Germain des Prés, and the traditional and aristocratic neighbourhood of Faubourg Saint-Germain, which is where you’ll find many embassies and some of the fanciest of our recommendations for hotels in the 7th Arrondissement.
For a stunning view
- It’s difficult to top an Eiffel Tower view and some of our 7th Arrondissement recommendations offer just that, including the Hôtel La Comtesse, an elegant, 40 room Paris bolthole converted from a 19th Century Haussmann building just steps from the Champs de Mars.
For a luxury stay
- If you’re looking for something quite special, opulent even, in the 7th Arrondissement, try the J.K. Place Paris, a luxurious retreat on the Rive Gauche with 29 impossibly stylish rooms and suites. Italian architect Michele Bonan's bespoke interiors feature a blend of Parisian antiques and custom-made Italian pieces which will make you swoon, and the location: in the former European Consulate on Rue de Lille, is a wonderful traditional contrast to the striking modern design.
The Most Romantic Hotels in the 7th Arrondissement
- The Hotel Duc de Saint-Simon has been converted from a private Parisian residence, and they’ve had to be quite clever to fit as many as 34 rooms in. They’ve forgone space for style though, and the interiors are unique, comfortable and delightfully memorable. The location, close to St Germain and the Rue du Bac, makes for a fantastic base for exploring and for dining, and drinking and nightlife generally.
- Close to the foot of the Eiffel Tower, the Hotel du Champ de Mars is a stylish hotel with country chic decor behind a refined townhouse facade. Think floral prints and patterned wallpaper. There are just 25 rooms and suites, and no restaurant, though they have a very nice breakfast room. If you want a view of the Eiffel Tower book a Superior Double Room.
- The Hotel Verneuil is a 26 room hotel occupying a 17th century townhouse in a quiet spot in St Germain des Prés. Recently refurbished to make the most of the original features, but also adding colour, this hotel is a great mix of old and new, and its well-lit rooms come complete with some great antiques and literary collections. There’s no restaurant, but they do offer breakfast, and you can have it in the room if you’d prefer. They also have family-sized rooms.
For a City Break
- The 7th Arrondissement is a fantastically central base for a Parisian city break, and the Hotel La Bourdonnais is a great option if you're here for only a few days: a few minutes stroll from the Eiffel Tower, with 53 rooms and suites in a configuration that can work for families as well as couples, and stylish, contemporary decor with a travel theme with allows for some fantastic ornaments which look as if they’ve been collected during some wonderful travels. There’s no restaurant but there is a kitsch cocktail bar and there’s plenty of places to eat in the 7th.
The Best Boutique Hotels in the 7th Arrondissement
- Le Bellechasse is one of those hotels where you really need to make a conscious choice when selecting your room, because they’re all very different, and we’re not just talking about the view. These 33 rooms are a riot of colour and design created by none other than Christian Lacroix, and he’s taken the art of Roman times as his theme and really run with it, so some rooms have exotic murals with vibrant colours and patterns and some have neat frescoes or carefully painted ceiling art. And you’re just steps from the Musee d'Orsay.
- The 54 room Hotel Montalembert was the first hotel in Paris to call itself boutique, and its rooms are all different, but can be divided by being modern or classic. The decoration in both has been carefully imagined: the lights, doorhandles and furniture have all been specially crafted in such materials as cast bronze, sycamore and leather, the entrance is impressively marbled and the restaurant fashionably wood-clad. There’s also a cosy library and a ‘fireplace lounge’, and its location is excellent too.
- The relais 12bis doesn’t quite fit this category because it calls itself a B&B, but its five rooms are really elegantly styled, with some fantastic original features like marble fireplaces and arched windows, coupled with beautifully designed furniture, both contemporary and antique. Stay here and you’re also less then 500metres from the Eiffel Tower. It’s good value as well.
- The Hotel de Lille is a 19th Century Parisian pied-à-terre in Saint Germain des Prés, just across the river from the Louvre, which has been stylishly converted into a collection of 15 rooms and suites. The decor is contemporary and elegant, and in the family suites it’s not fussy at all. There’s no hotel restaurant, but they do offer breakfast and there’s plenty of choice when it comes to local bars, cafes and restaurants. The location makes sightseeing really easy.
The Best Value Hotels in the 7th Arrondissement
- The Hotel Mayet is a chic, colourful, three star hotel on a quiet residential street just off the bustle of Boulevard des Invalides, and close to the Duroc Metro station. Expect colour, but really well applied, African art and commissioned graffiti art too. There are 24 rooms, some of which would also suit families. There’s no restaurant, but they do offer breakfast.
Still not sure what to book
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Paris,
- or try looking at our recommendations for 4 of the best hotels in Montmartre, or the 4 best hotels near the Gare du Nord, or you might consider the 5 best hotels in The Marais.
- Alternatively you could search for the sort of hotel you’re looking for - you might consider our list of 10 Hotels in Paris with Character, or 10 Cheap and Charming Paris Hotels.
- Or you contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Hôtel La Comtesse Paris (7th arrondissement) 40 rooms from £155Local exploring - Explore the heart of the city of lovers from this privileged starting point, in the midst of the centreCity Style - Set in the heart of Paris with views of the Eiffel Tower, this hotel has lots of charming city styleRomantic Break - Couples love this classic Parisian bolt-hole; have tea in the hotel's modern take on a salon du théSights nearby - Visit the most famous landmark in Paris and a symbol of France - the Eiffel Tower - set within walking distance of this hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Set in a 19th-century Haussmann building steps from the Champs de Mars, this luxury hotel is a classic Parisian bolt-hole. The hotel is themed on French literary salons and the women who hosted them. All the suites here boast Eiffel Tower views. Start the day in the contemporary café; a chic hotel. See More
Hotel Duc de Saint-Simon Paris 34 rooms from £256Sights nearby - Musee d'Orsay within walking distance.Lively area - In the heart of the Left Bank.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays, Michelin Travel
This romantic and intimate, formerly private, Parisian home is decked with plush fabrics, stylish interiors keeping tradition and elegance the main focus. Wallpapered rooms are small but delightful in their unique and comfortable charm. Prime location near St Germain and the famous Rue du Bac. See More
J.K. Place Paris Paris (7th arrondissement) 29 rooms from £824Romantic Break - Couples love the feel of this carefully curated Parisian hotel experience; book an in-suite couples' massageHoneymoons - Enjoy a luxury honeymoon in the city of lovers with a stay at this boutique bolt-holeCity Style - Set in a heritage property in the heart of Paris, this hotel has unique city styleGreat walks - Stroll through the picturesque streets surrounding the hotel; head to the beautiful Tuileries Garden for a romantic picnicRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This luxury bolt-hole has an unbeatable location on the Rive Gauche in Paris' 7th arrondissement. Hand-selected antiques and contemporary art blend to create the perfect, boutique home-away-from-home, while the property's heritage features contrast with striking modern design. An exclusive getaway. See More
Le Bellechasse Paris 33 rooms from £199City Style - A flamboyant hotel that puts aesthetics before all, the chic choice in the elegant 7th arrondissement, on the Left Bank.Great walks - This arty area is full of quirky galleries, historic monuments and pretty parks- head out on foot and discover Paris.Designer - Interiors by Christian Lacroix.Full of characterRecommended by - Frommers, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel, Tablet
Enjoy the riot of colour, pattern and fresco in a remarkable Christian Lacroix-designed hotel. Fun and frivolous, the rooms are comfortable and unique. Enjoy breakfast on the terrace or in your room, before stepping out and exploring the city. A few steps from the Musee d'Orsay. Good value. See More
Hotel Verneuil Paris 26 rooms from £210Local exploring - Wonderfully located for exploring the city, plus the conceirge will orchestrate priority passes to Paris' top sites.City Style - Spectacularly renovated 17th-century townhouse, surrounded by elegant streets and art-drenched cafés.Sights nearby - Wonderfully located with Musée d'Orsay, Louvre, Les Invalides and the Seine within a few minutes walk.Outstanding locationRecommended by - I Escape, Frommers, Tablet
Quiet and romantic hotel nestled in the historic and arty area of St Germain des Prés. Recently refurbished rooms are well lit, cosy and complete with antiques and books. Wake up to breakfast in bed before heading out and exploring the city. A true Parisian gem. See More
Hotel Montalembert Paris 54 rooms from £285City Style - Masterfully crafted design by Pascal Allaman and Géraldine Prieur with Pierre Frey silk curtains and smart Bisazza tile mosaics.Writing a novel - Every June the hotel hosts the Prix de la Romancière, a prize awarded to first-time female novelists.Lively area - In the heart of the Left Bank.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
Stalwart boutique hotel - the first in Paris - with a choice between modern and classic rooms. Mostly compact, with a good restaurant, a cosy library, and well located for Left Bank action. Fashionable and lively area in vibrant Paris. See More
relais 12bis Paris 5 rooms from £172Local exploring - Perfectly positioned in the heart of the city with many of the main attractions within walking distance.Sights nearby - Admire the mighty Eiffel Tower located just steps from the property.Traditional
An elegant B&B offering five immaculately styled rooms practically in the shadows of the Eiffel Tower. Design throughout merges the modern and the traditional. Original fireplaces stand against clean white washed walls and antiques are combined with contemporary fixtures. See More
Hotel La Bourdonnais Paris (7th arrondissement) 53 rooms from £186Families - Family rooms are ideal for parents travelling with children; the hotel's location is great for sightseeing tooLocal exploring - With the Eiffel Tower five minutes' walk away, use this hotel as a base for your local exploring in ParisCity Style - With empire-inspired interiors and Eiffel Tower views, this hotel has lots of chic Parisian styleSights nearby - See the sights of Paris on your trip; start at the Eiffel Tower, a few steps away, before visiting Notre Dame Cathedral
The spirit of 18th-century colonial adventure permeates this luxury hotel, steps away from the Eiffel Tower. Ornaments from around the world are peppered throughout the property, while leather headboards and modern lamps add a contemporary feel in the guestrooms. Don't miss the kitsch cocktail bar. See More
Hotel du Champ de Mars Paris (7th arrondissement) 25 rooms from £178Romantic Break - Couples love the cosy rooms at this Paris bolt-hole, where attentive and helpful staff can assist with your stayLocal exploring - Set just steps away from the most famous landmark in Paris, book this hotel as a base for your local exploringCity Style - With stylish yet homely interiors and Eiffel Tower views, this hotel has lots of local Parisian charmSights nearby - The Eiffel Tower is an unmissable sight on any trip to Paris; stay at this hotel and wake up to the landmark every morning
Stay at the foot of the Eiffel Tower at this stylish Paris hotel. The refined townhouse facade gives way to a classic spiral staircase, leading to well-appointed, country-chic rooms with floral prints and unique art. Start the day with fresh croissants in the breakfast room before seeing the sights. See More
Hotel de Lille Paris (7th arrondissement) 15 rooms from £182Families - The family rooms at this hotel are perfect for parents travelling with children, and the location makes sightseeing easyCity Style - With stylish and contemporary interiors and a central Paris location, this hotel has lots of city charmLocal exploring - Explore the sights from this riverside bolt-hole, with the Louvre Museum just a stone's throw awaySights nearby - Visit the Église de Saint Germain des Prés, a celebrated church with detailed stained glass windows
This 19th-century Parisian pied-à-terre is tucked away in Saint Germain des Prés. Stylish guestrooms have had a contemporary facelift and feel homely, with wooden bookshelves and photographs of famous clientele. Family suites are ideal for parents, and the hotel's location is great for sightseeing. See More