- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Romantic Hotels in Santorini
Santorini is spectacularly beautiful, what with the dramatic, multicoloured cliffs - with the sugar cube villas cut into them - all arranged around the smooth and near perfect arc of the flooded blue volcanic caldera. And if you just want to be here, enjoying the beauty with someone special, then our Guru’s list of the best romantic hotels in Santorini is for you.
But there’s a lot more to Santorini than beautiful views. And if you’re interested in visiting Santorini’s wineries, unearthing her archaeological treasures, supping in her buzzing tavernas and fine restaurants, exploring the lovely villages or reclining on a different calm cove each day, then our recommendations for Santorini's top romantic places to stay will also have something for you.
Our list of the best romantic hotels in Santorini has honeymoon havens in Thira, affordable romance in Oia and intimate hideaways in Imerovigli. And there are some stunning, stunning pictures in this list, so please read on and enjoy…
For an intimate stay
- 1864 The Sea Captain's House has just four suites, tucked into the old town of Oia. They all have plenty of character - think four poster beds and antiques as well as the whitewashed walls and balconies with incredible views you expect of Santorini.
- The Avaton Resort & Spa has seven fantastically chic, neutral toned rooms with private balconies, an excellent Mediterranean restaurant and an indulgent spa. It’s very calm and peaceful and the views are amazing.
- The Astarte Suites in Thira compose of nine suites - each with their own private jacuzzi and balcony on which champagne breakfasts are served. You’re close to the beaches but there’s also a lovely pool.
For a Honeymoon
- Santorini is THE place for killer views, and Chromata has one of the best in Thira. The 22 rooms are in a series of caves cut into the cliffside, and decorated in Santorini white on white, broken up with a bit of an Aztec flavour. There’s an intimate poolside restaurant plus an impossibly perfect infinity pool.
- Katikies is a romantic dream in white and blue with 27 luxuriously tranquil rooms and stunning views. They also have an exceptional infinity pool and a poolside restaurant and excellent wine bar. Plus an extensive spa.
For great value
- If you thought Santorini was out of your price range think again, the Remezzo Villas in Imerovigli are a collection of 18th Century villas nestled into the cliffside with traditional Cycladean features and colours, and a room rate from €120 per night.
Romantic Hotels in Thira
- Sun Rocks is a gorgeous hotel with wonderful public spaces and terraces, in addition to the 17 cream toned rooms and the oh-so-chic restaurant.
Romantic Hotels in Oia
- Converted from 300 year old cave dwellings, the Perivolas LIfestyle Houses are now a collection of 20 tranquil, luxurious suites, plus a stunning infinity pool and beautiful terraced gardens.
Romantic Hotels in Imerovigli
- Grace Santorini is a palatial villa cut right into the cliff, with 22 all white rooms with fabulous views, private balconies and hot tubs, a lovely Mediterranean restaurant and an extensive spa.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best romantic hotels in Santorini might be perfect for you?
- Refine your search to the best places to stay in Thira
- or the best places to stay in Oia
- Or expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Santorini,
- Contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Chromata 25 rooms from $417Imerovigli
Tradition meets cool contemporary on the most spectacular island in Greece. A series of cave houses in the cliffside, with white on white decor broken with stylish aztec bed throws. Impossibly perfect infinity pool and an intimate poolside restaurant both boast killer views. Ideal for honeymooners.Honeymoons - Sun, sea in a wonderously romantic honeymoon suite with private terrace, secluded Jacuzzi and sleek modern interiors.Sailing - Sail around the island and take in the stunning white villages and deserted beaches.Restrictions on children - Not suitable for children under thirteenViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith
Katikies 27 rooms from $1131Oia
A totally unique boutique honeymooner hotel draped over the cliffs of Oia. Cool and tranquil luxurious rooms with stunning views. Exceptionally lovely infinity pool and spa. Fresh mediterranean cuisine is served poolside as well as fine dining on the rooftop. The ideal place to completely unwind.Total relaxation - Enjoy A.Spa's restorative treatments, cocktails by the infinty pool, phenomenal rooftop dining and impeccable 24 hour service.Honeymoons - Sun, sea, tranquility and oh-so-romantic- five star service in these achingly chic cliff side cottages overlooking Caldera.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby village of Oia, the main square and sunset views are breathtaking.Swimming Pool - Gorgeous infinity pools - Top 50 Hotel pools.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Perivolas LIfestyle Houses 21 rooms from $628Oia (Oia)
A collection of lifestyle houses converted from 300 year old caves, built into the hillside. Spectacular views and complete tranquility meets laidback luxury and style. Stunning infinity pool, beautiful terraced gardens, and superb contemporary Greek cuisine. A wildly romantic destination.Hideaway - Set in 300 year old caves this stunning seaside property feels a-million miles away from everything.Sailing - Take a boat across the lava islands for magical views of the sulphur exuding caldera.Great walks - Explore the winding alleys of Oia, filled with charming churchs and craft boutiques.Sights nearby - Discover the ancient ruins of the Minoan Akrotiri.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Remezzo Villas 12 rooms from $137Imerovigli (Santorini)
Nestled on the cliffside, the restored 18th century villas have classic Cycladean features: white washed walls, vaulted ceilings & curved edges. Spacious suites and rooms with private balconies for enjoying the jawdropping views. No restaurant but a short walk from local eateries. Totally romantic.Views - Fabulous views over the Aegean SeaSailing - Santorini SailingOutstanding locationSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
1864 The Sea Captain's House 4 rooms from $320Oia
A wonderful small hotel in old town Oia. Four suites have bags of character - four poster beds, fresh flowers, attractive linens, antique furniture, white washed walls, and private balconies. Fabulous sea views from verandahs, massages available and close to the beaches.Town - Oia is one of Santorini's most picturesque towns.Full of character - A house with a history.Views - Great views from hotelHoneymoonsRecommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
Astarte Suites 9 rooms from $229Thira, Santoríni
A romantic hotel tucked in the clouds of Santorini with spectacular sea views. Sultry suites have private jacuzzis, champagne breakfasts served on balconies, and creamy furnishings. Lovely pool and within striking distance of beaches and sights. Ideal for couples and honeymooners.Views - Stunning views over the Aegean Sea. All suites have caldera and volcano viewsRomantic Break - All suites feature a private hot tub and all have the most stunning views.HoneymoonsPrivate Hot Tub - All suites have a private hot tubRecommended by - CN Traveller
Avaton Resort & Spa 7 rooms from $283Imerovigli (Thira)
Fantastically chic all white hotel with an extensive bar and fantastic Mediterranean restaurant. Rooms and suites in neutral tones have private balconies, dreamy sea views, and all the modern gadgetry. Minimalist designs, indulgent spa, and calming views. Very romantic.Views - Excellent sea and sunset viewsSpa breaksWellbeingBeach LifeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Grace Santorini 22 rooms from $686Imerovigli
A hotel cut from the cliff's edge with wow factor views and indulgent surroundings. All white rooms, suites and a palatial villa with fabulous private balconies and hot tubs. Lovely Mediterranean restaurant and extensive spa. Truly romantic and luxurious.Views - Panoramic sea viewsHoneymoonsRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Wonderful infinity pool with stunning sea views - the largest of its kind on SantoriniRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Sun Rocks 17 rooms from $564Thira
A gorgeous hotel with wonderful day areas and terraces dotted around. Spectacular views, lovely restaurant, and creamy rooms. Intimate, very romantic, and oh so chic. A great spot for couples and honeymooners.Views - Fabulous sea and sunset viewsLuxuryRomantic - Good for couples.Romantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Small Luxury Hotels