The 5 best hotels near Trinity College, Dublin
A renowned academic institution comprising of imposing 18th century architecture, Trinity College is set around the lovely College Green, slap bang in the centre of the city. For academics and university visitors the draw of staying in this area is obvious, however, if the university is not your primary concern this is still a central and undeniably picturesque location. A walk around the university itself is a must - even if just to admire the architecture. And a visit to the Old Library (which contains the ancient Book of Kells) goes without saying! For those who would rather splash some cash, Grafton Street (one of the city's primary shopping destinations) runs alongside the university, while the contemporary artworks at the Douglas Hyde Gallery are also well worth a visit. Inside the college grounds, is the Samuel Beckett Theatre which plays host to a number of international and national performances as well as the Fringe Festival and Dublin Dance Festival. Our selection of the best hotels near Trinity College have something for everyone from traditional pubs to luxury five-star properties.
The best hotels near Trinity College
For city style
- The Alex is a stylish hotel in the heart of Merrion Square. All rooms come with neat designer touches, Smart TVs and luxury bathrooms. Floor to ceiling windows in the Steam Cafe give stunning views of Ireland's capital city.
- Neatly located in the heart of Temple Bar, Dublin's quirky cobble stoned neighbourhood and just a short walk from Trinity College, The Morgan Hotel is an elegant spot with stylish rooms, complete with Nespresso machines. Dine at 10 Fleet Street Restaurant and Bar, a chic restaurant with a menu of Irish favourites.
For a traditional stay
- O'Neills is a traditional inn set just across the road from Trinity College. Traditional décor nods to the building's Victorian-era heritage, with original fireplaces and antique furnishings. Book in for a whiskey tasting at the pub's own whisky bar or sample a local beer. A charming, family-run guesthouse.
- Buswells Hotel is made up of five townhouses which have been converted to create this great value hotel in the centre of Dublin. Ideally situated to enjoy culture, shopping and nightlife. The feel is cosy, with rooms kitted out in a traditional fashion whilst offering the usual modern amenities.
- The Westbury, is a five star offering walking distance from Trinity College. Boasting a stylish mix of contemporary and traditional design, a glamorous cocktail bar, a Parisian restaurant and a lounge for afternoon tea. A perfect choice for a spoiling city break.
The Alex Dublin 103 rooms from £156Business meetings - Located in the centre of Dublin and able to accommodate up to 400 delegates, The Alex is an ideal location for a corporate eventLocal exploring - Merrion Square is the historic and cultural pulse of Dublin and the perfect place to explore Ireland's rich heritageShort fly break - With Dublin airport being only 10km, this is the perfect place for a short city breakSights nearby - Explore Dublin's famous sights including Trinity College and the Oscar Wilde House
The Morgan Dublin (Temple Bar) 168 rooms from £180Short fly break - The cobbled streets and laneways lined with boutique shops, galleries and restaurants make this ideal for weekend breaksLocal exploring - Situated in the heart of Dublin, a short stroll from Grafton Street and Dublin CastleSights nearby - Trinity College, Christ Church Cathedral, Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle, and many more sights are just a stone's throw awaySwimming Pool - Guests can use the fitness facilties at West Wood Club including a heated indoor pool - a 5 minute walk away
Neatly located in the heart of Temple Bar, Dublin's quirky cobble stoned neighbourhood, The Morgan Hotel is an elegant spot with stylish rooms, complete with Nespresso machines. Dine at 10 Fleet Street Restaurant and Bar, a chic restaurant with a menu of Irish favourites. Superb! See More
O'Neills Dublin 8 rooms from £144Families - With family rooms available, and children's meals on offer in the restaurant, this is a good option for familiesLocal exploring - Located in the heart of Dublin, this is a great base for exploring the city's historic sightsRomantic Break - With cosy rooms in a pretty, heritage building, this is perfect for a quiet couples' getawaySights nearby - Visit the Guiness Storehouse; it involves a self-guided tour over 6 floors with everything you ever wanted to know about Guiness
A traditional inn at the heart of Dublin's bustling city centre. Traditional décor nods to the building's Victorian-era heritage, with original fireplaces and antique furnishings. Book in for a whiskey tasting at the pub's own whiskey bar or sample a local beer. A charming, family-run guesthouse. See More
Buswells Hotel Dublin (St Stephens Green,) 67 rooms from £130Local exploring - Well placed in the heart of the city just minutes from Trinity College, the National Museum and the National LibraryCity Style - Offering traditional elegance and exemplary service, this is a smart city staySights nearby - Stroll down to Trinity College and wander through the historic universityTraditional
The Westbury Hotel Dublin 205 rooms from £280Local exploring - Offering a central location just off Grafton Street, find many of the city's attractions within walking distanceCity Style - A stylish boutique spot mixing contemporary and traditional design perfectlyFour poster beds - For romantics.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
An elegant hotel in the heart of the city offering an appealing mix of classic and contemporary design. Lofty rooms feature wooden floors, large sash windows and roll-top baths. Take high-tea in The Gallery, sip on a gin cocktail in the 1930s-style Sidebar before dining in the superb brasserie. See More