- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Family Hotels in Florence
Florence is an incredibly special place to bring your family. The wealth of art, history and beauty in this small, walkable city is incredible. Plus there’s great gelato available every couple of steps, and the hills of Tuscany for a bit of a run around. Or the grounds of your villa, if you’re choosing from our Guru’s collection of the best family hotels in Florence.
If you’re bringing your family on a Tuscan summer fling, then you might want to stay on the hills outside the town, where it will be a bit quieter and you’ll definitely have access to a pool. But our Gurus have also come up with some wonderful suggestions for the best family hotels in Florence which are right in the thick of things, within a few little steps of the Duomo.
If you’re travelling out of season then the huge number of hotels and guesthouses in Florence works in your favour, and you’ll find that some of the best family hotels in Florence have some very good seasonal deals.
The Best Family Hotels in Florence
For classic Florence
Just because you have a family it doesn’t mean you don’t want to experience Florence for all its usual charms - the art, the food, the architecture, the romantic atmosphere.
- Try the Casa Howard, a chic and intimate B&B in an elegant Florentine palazzo with 13 individually decorated and themed rooms, where they welcome visitors of all ages.
- Or for something quite palatial there’s the Palazzo Vecchietti, a 15th Century palace right in the heart of Florence. Dante called it ‘Paradiso’. It’s now divided into 14 luxurious suites and apartments with exquisite decorations and art, high ceilings and wonderful views.
- Or, if your kids may appreciate a little bit more space, then the Villa Tolomei, a beautiful villa just five minutes drive from the centre of Florence, may be for you. It’s a small five star hotel, set in 20 peaceful hectares of olive groves and vineyards, with wonderful gardens, a lovely pool and spa and a fantastic Tuscan restaurant.
For a city break
- If you want to be right in amongst it the Residenza d’Epoca in Piazza della Signoria - on the Plazza della Signoria along with the Palazzo Vecchio and Neptune’s Fountain - might be for your family. The ceilings are frescoed, the floors parquet, the rooms classical Florence and there’s an amazing communal breakfast.
- N4U offers a similar meeting of historic Florence with family friendliness in a great location just one minute from the Duomo. This five room B&B has been converted from a thousand year old tower, and the result is a quirky, characterful collection of rooms with beautiful views and lovely original features.
- Also well located, Be One is a good choice if your family would prefer something a bit more modern. Here there are five all-white boutique chic rooms and suites with dark oak floors and modern art. Some of the rooms have kitchenettes.
Florence can be hectic in the busy season, so to really relax you might want to consider being a little out of town in neighbouring Fiesole.
- You can see Florence from the terrace of the Pensione Bencistà, and from some of its 40 Tuscan style rooms, but you’re also surrounded by olive groves and charming gardens. There’s also a terrace restaurant.
The Best Family Hotels in Florence - Off-Centre
- Marignolle Relais et Charme is a superb option for families looking for the best of both worlds - it is surrounded by glorious countryside yet is only 15 minutes from the centre of Florence. Rooms are traditional in style with plenty of antiques and there's the bonus of an outdoor pool. There's no restaurant but light dinners can be provided on request.
- The Villa le Piazzole is a wonderful old country house turned apartment and villa collection. There are 14 apartments or villas, all of them with elegant interiors - think stone floors, four-poster beds and art on the walls - and a restaurant and pool. Though they also offer self catering.
- On the hills overlooking Florence, the Torre di Bellosguardo, a beautiful private villa turned 16 room hotel, is a peaceful option with stunning views and palatial rooms.
For Great Value
- The Antica Dimora Firenze is an owner run B&B with just six rooms, just 10 mins walk from the Duomo. You get the best of Florence, including four-poster beds, decorative details and antiques, plus breakfast, all starting from around £75 per night.
- The Relais Uffizi is another great value option, with 12 elegant rooms starting from around £80 per night. Here you can also expect four-poster beds and art on the walls, plus a great location again.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels for families in Florence might be perfect for you?
- Refine your search to Florence’s Best B&Bs?
- or the best off-centre hotels in Florence.
- Or expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Florence,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Villa le Piazzole 14 rooms from £132Florence
A beautiful old Italian country house converted into a range of apartments and villas. Panoramic views of the countryside around. Elegant interiors have stone floors, four poster beds, and paintings on the walls. Restaurant, pool, and self-catering. A perfect choice for a family.Families - Villas to rent.Romantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Residenza d’Epoca in Piazza della Signoria 10 rooms from £219Florence (Tuscany)
Imagine waking up in Piazza della Signoria surrounded by history, comfort, frescoed ceilings, stonewalls, and parquet floors. Highly popular, family run B&B offers the true 'Florence' experience from classic rooms to delicious communal breakfast. A great choice for couples, families and groups.Sights nearby - Shares the famous Piazza della Signoria with Neptune's Fountain and the Palazzo Vecchio.Lively - On the busy Piazza Signoria.Full of characterLively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors
N4U 5 rooms from £117Florence (Tuscany)
Centrally located family-friendly B&B in a historic tower over 1,000 years old. Art deco touches with eclectic antiques add character to the rooms. Breakfast is served in-room. This spacious, quirky B&B is great value and offers its own history with some large frescoed rooms.Value chic - Affordable, centrally located, with beautiful city views, original domed brick ceilings, antique paintings and ceiling art.Sights nearby - Just one minute from the Duomo, the sybol of Florence, and under ten minutes from Michelangelo's David.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Full of character
Be One 5 rooms from £184Florence
Small boutique chic hotel in central Florence. All-white rooms, suites, and a penthouse with dark oak floors and splashes of colourful modern art. Some rooms have kitchenettes, and the penthouse sleeps four. A great choice for movers and shakers or those looking for more privacy.City StyleSights nearby - Central location with most attractions within walking distanceCooking classes - Learn the ins and outs of Tuscan cuisineDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Sawdays
Palazzo Vecchietti 14 rooms from £262Florence
15th century distinguished Palazzo named after the family that once lived here, right in the heart of Florence. Dante called it 'Paradiso'. Now divided into fourteen luxurious and exquisitely decorated suites and apartments, some with terraces, high ceilings and views. Perfect for art lovers.Walking distance restaurants - The concierge willl advise and book lunch or dinner for guests in one of Florence's many wonderful restaurantsB+B - Breakfast is served in the elegant dining room at a large oval tableSights nearby - Situated in the heart of Florence close to all major attractionsSelf catering to rent - Luxurious self-catering apatments come with small kitchenettesRecommended by - Tablet
Villa Tolomei 31 rooms from £149Florence
14th century frescoed villa five minutes from the centre of Florence. Villa Tolomei is a Five Star hotel set in a peaceful 20 hectares with olives groves and vineyards, a spa, outdoor pool, lovely gardens and a wonderful restaurant. Beautiful views overlooking the city.Outstanding location - In a tranquil setting, the beauiful cty of Florence with its exceptional churches, galleries, art and shopping is close byRestaurant - The Il Conventino a Marignolle restaurant, offers exquisite Tuscan cuisine using fresh produce from the estateViews - Fantastic views over Florence and the Arno ValleySit-out TerraceRecommended by - Tablet
Antica Dimora Firenze 6 rooms from £76Florence (Tuscany)
Charming hospitality welcomes guests to this stylish, owner-run B&B in a prime location near the Duomo. Four poster beds, antiques and decorative detailing is a delight to wake up to. Perfect for families or couples - a home away from home that won't break the bank.Value chic - Perfect location, top service and comfortable rooms. From as little as €87 per night B&B.Local exploring - Just ten minutes from the Duomo and the rest of Florence is easily accessible on foot.Sights nearby - Next door to Renaissance Palazzo Pandolfini and gardens, just 10 mins walk from the Duomo.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
Relais Uffizi 12 rooms from £85Florence
A beautiful hotel on a peaceful piazza. An historical building with romantic rooms and suites that exude traditional elegance. Four poster beds, pastel walls, paintings and soft lighting. Wonderfully located, family friendly, very characterful.Romantic - Good for couples.Romantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Pensione Bencistà 40 rooms from £139Florence (Tuscany)
Traditional 14th Century villa full of character, antiques and history, rests in charming gardens overlooking Florence from neighbouring Fiesole. The Pension Bencista's classic style rooms ooze Tuscan elegance. Enjoy meals on the terrace overlooking the olive groves.IntimateSights nearby - You can see it from the terrace, but be sure to go into Florence for a day of exploring the local history.Great walks - Stroll through the surrounding Tuscan olive groves.Outstanding locationRecommended by - Frommers
Marignolle Relais & Charme 10 rooms from £183Florence (Tuscany)
A wonderfully private relaxed Tuscan retreat. Chic rooms, feature fine fabrics and antique furnishings. The outdoor pool and beautiful gardens make this a ideal spot for relaxation. Enjoy an expansive breakfast on the veranda, cooking classes from expect chefs and proximity to local medieval towns.Exclusive offer - Exclusive Advanced Booking OfferLocal exploring - Surrounded by charming countryside and just 15 minutes from Florence- there are exploring opportunitites for all sorts.Value chic - Wonderfully affordable elegantly decorated rooms feature parquet floors, rich tapestries, and antique furniture.Great walks - Take a post breakfast stroll around the fragrant gardens, or head out to explore the olive groves and rolling Tuscan hills.Cooking classes - Paola runs fantastic Tuscan cooking lessons with daughter Silvia, learn to whip up your favourite dishes.Recommended by - I Escape, Johansens, Sawdays
Torre di Bellosguardo 16 rooms from £140Florence
Breathtakingly beautiful villa, previously a private home, overlooking Florence from its hilltop perch. Desperately romantic with a warm and informal atmosphere. Enormous rooms and suites with frescoed ceilings and four poster beds.LuxuryRomantic BreakHoneymoonsViews - Stunning views over the city of FlorenceRecommended by - Sawdays