Search the best hotels in Salò
Once the capital of the region, Salò’s historic town centre is lined with Liberty-style villas and a few fine examples of older palazzi. There is a grand Gothic duomo and some wonderful civic buildings in the Renaissance style. And then of course there are those exquisite views of Lake Garda. As far as our Gurus are concerned, the best places to stay in Salò are those with the finest lake views. Their list also includes some lovely converted properties higher up the hill, towards the Monte San Bartolomeo, which were once elegant homes and villas.
What not to miss
- Visit Salò's fantastic Duomo with its gothic facade and fascinating interior.
- Also the super Palazzo della Magnifica Patria. The palace is home to the Historical Museum of the Azure Ribbon an exhibition of documents of Renaissance history, Italy's colonial wars, the Spanish Civil War and the Resistance against Fascism.
- The wonderful position on Lake Garda is one of the prime reasons for coming to Salò.
Lake Garda is a hotspot for holiday makers in the summer, so if your wish to book into one the Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in Salò, we recommend you book well in advance.
The Best Places to Stay in Salò
The Best Places to Stay in Salò for Couples
- The Villa Arcadio is a wonderful stone villa converted into an 18 room hotel located on the slopes above the lake. The bedrooms, and one suite, offer remarkable views of the lake and are decorated simply with bare stone walls and just glimpses of frescoes. There’s a fantastic gourmet-yet-traditional restaurant, a lovely terrace, pool and gardens.
The Best Places to Stay in Salò for families
- The Hotel Laurin is a stunning hotel with 30 rooms and suites right on the shores of Lake Garda that has been onverted from an elegant 20th Century villa, Guests can expect parquet floors, frescoes and Art Nouveau furniture. There’s also a lovely pool in shady gardens and an excellent restaurant.
- Right on the shore of Lake Garda, the Hotel Bellerive is a charming mid-sized hotel with 46 large, stylish rooms plus an outdoor pool and fantastic Italian concept restaurant. Sailing and golfing opportunities are nearby.
The Best Places to Stay in Salò for a chic stay
- Hotel Locanda del Benaco combines stylish design features with a superb lakeside setting. Chic rooms, luxurious bathrooms and an excellent restaurant all make for an exemplary hotel in Salò.
Prefer an apartment or villa?
Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Salò is best served by either Bergamo or Verona airport.
- Hiring a car is a great way to explore Salò and the surrounding lake, so visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Salò and Lake Garda is in the summer months (May to September, when temperatures range from 22ºC to 28ºC.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Salò for you?
Best Hotels in Salò
Hotel Locanda del Benaco 13 rooms from £96Salò
Rooms with floor to ceiling windows, luxurious bathrooms and hot tubs. An in-house restaurant with a covered patio overlooking the lake. Gorgeous set-up in the best location. Right on the lake within easy reach of town.Local exploring - In an area, home to many high end shops and restaurantsBack to Nature - Rooms offer wonderful views of the lake and mountainsBirdwatching - Home to a wide variety of species, be sure to bring a pair of binocularsGreat walks - Trails offering beautiful scenery around the hotel
Hotel Laurin 30 rooms from £123Salò
A stunning hotel on the shore of Lake Garda. Rooms and suites in a 20th century villa are elegant, with parquet floors and all mod cons. Frescoes and art nouveau furniture. Excellent authentic cuisine, pool and shady gardens. An idyllic choice, and perfect for a family holiday.Foodies - Garda Food and Wine Trail & Strada dei Vini e Sapori del Garda: visits to about 100 producers (wineries, oil mills, cheeses).Families - Swimming and Lake Garda to explore by boat. Many child friendly sights in the area, such as movie studio and safari parkSights nearby - Salò, Gardone Riviera, Toscolano Maderno, Gargnano and Limone del GardaViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Hotel Bellerive, Salo 46 rooms from £131Salò (Lake Garda)
A delightful hotel overlooking Lake Garda. Large stylish rooms and apartments, many with views. Outdoor pool, and fantastic Italian concept cuisine. Sailing, golf and opera nearby. Gourmet, family friendly, all in a romantic location.Foodies - Restaurant '100km' is a concept by Fred Plotkin, using products sourced within this distance. Olive oil & wine tours and tastingFamilies - Apartments are big enough for the whole family, with kitchens to make picnics. Boat trips on Lake Garda, swimming and cyclingSights nearby - Brescia and Verona, between Venice and Milan, between the Dolomites and the seaSailing - Minutes from the hotelRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Villa Arcadio 18 rooms from £211Salò
A fabulous stone villa with spectacular views over Lake Garda from its hilltop perch. Bedrooms and one suite are simply decorated with bare stone walls and glimpses of frescoes. Fantastic restaurant and terrace, swimming pool, and gardens around. Romantic, traditional, gourmet.Views - Stunning views over Lake GardaActive HolidayRomantic BreakLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape