The 10 Best Hotels in Puglia's Towns
Puglia is dotted with fascinating towns and villages, many of which make good bases for exploring the region, and where you’ll find some of the area’s best hotels in Puglia’s towns. Some travellers prefer coming back to a peaceful, rural spot after a hard day’s sightseeing, but there’s a distinct advantage to staying in one of the best hotels in Puglia’s towns. As well as being in the thick of things, you can stroll to a local bar or restaurant, rather than navigate the remote roads around your masseria, and the region’s decent public transport means you may not even need a car.
Puglia is long and relatively narrow, stretching more than 300kilometres from north to south, with highlights include glorious Baroque Lecce (known as the 'Florence of the South'), Martina Franca, Ostuni, Locorotondo, Otranto, Gallipoli, Trani, Polignano a Mare and Galatina. Even if our Guru’s don’t have a recommendation for one of the 10 best hotels in Puglia’s towns in each of these places there’s bound to be one not far away.
For Location, Location, Location
- Our newest find in Ostuni, Paragon 700, boasts a fabulous central location. This stunning boutique property has eleven rooms and suites, all of which ooze elegance and sophistication, and where period features combine effortlessly with sleek modern touches. Plus there's an excellent restaurant and garden with pool.
- The Patria Palace in Lecce is right in the heart of the old town, surrounded by lovely facades outside and lovely frescoes and stucco work inside. Also in lovely Lecce, the Risorgimento Resort is a stylish, five star contemporary hotel with an elegant restaurant, a spa and roof garden.
- The La Sommità Relais Culti is a ten room hotel in the ancient white town of Ostuni, with minimalist decor and a lovely restaurant and spa.
For a Beach Break
- The Corte Palmieri in Gallipoli has 22 stylish and sun-drenched rooms, converted from a fascinating old building with plenty of charm and original features. Or try Palazzo Guglielmo, located in a small town by the Salentine Coast. It offers a range of smart accommodation featuring plenty of light hues, as well as lush gardens and a private pool. Quiet and serene.
- Or you could try the Palazzo Del Corso, a five star property on Gallipoli's peninsula. Enjoy elegant, traditional interiors with four-poster beds and balconies. Magnificent views from the rooftop terrace and an excellent seafood restaurant.
For Great Value
- The Palazzo Personè in Lecce, is a great value six room B&B offering modern interiors behind a 16th Century Baroque facade. Or for a great value beach break try the Palazzo de Mori in Otranto, a stylishly Spartan B&B with ten rooms just above the old port and spectacular views.
- L'Orangerie d'Epoque in Puglia has just three pretty rooms and a gorgeous garden, with two of the rooms having kitchenettes and direct garden access, and the largest suite sleeping four. La Riviera in Gallipoli also has suites sleeping up to four, along with private balconies overlooking the sea and a beautiful collection of art and antiques.
Still not sure which to book?
- Consider rural Puglia’s and our Guru's recommendations for 12 of the Best Hotels in Rural Puglia.
- Refine your search to the best places to stay in Lecce, or the best places to stay in Savelletri di Fasano, or the best places to stay in Gallipoli.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Puglia.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Paragon 700 Ostuni 11 rooms from £260Local exploring - The white cities and Valle d’Itria Golf are 30 minutes away.Short fly break - It's easy to reach Puglia, fly to Bari or Brindisi.Honeymoons - Luxurious, quiet and private.Hotel - BRAND NEW OPENING 2020
The only red palazzo in the white city of Ostuni, Paragon 700 is an absolutely stunning newcomer to the boutique hotel scene in Puglia. A timeless place where elegance and history are found in each one of the beautifully finished rooms and suites. Plus a gourmet restaurant & pool. Open year round. See More
Patria Palace Lecce 63 rooms from £88Local exploring - Boasting an enviable location infront of the Santa Croce Church, with most of the major attractions a stroll awayCity Style - Fantastic service, elegant rooms and historic charm in the heart of LecceGreat walks - Take a stroll through the pretty Sant’Oronzo squareSights nearby - Visit the nearby Santa Croce Basilica
Traditional comforts and great hospitality in the heart of town. Behind the lovely Lecce stone facade the bedrooms contain frescoes, stucco work, cherry wood furniture and rich fabrics. A lovely little restaurant, small spa and gorgeous roof top terrace with views of Lecce. See More
Risorgimento Resort Lecce 47 rooms from £121City Style - A chic hotel with panoramic rooftop views of Lecce’s Baroque historic centre.Spa - Featuring a hammam calidarium with Turkish bath, multisensory showers plus beauty center for a range of body and face treatmentsGreat walks - The Botanical Garden on Via Provinciale LecceLocal markets - Visit local craftsmen on Via PalmieriRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
High-tech luxury and stylish contemporary design in a lovely old building. The five-star hotel combines earthy hues and local materials with sleek modernism. Elegant roof top restaurant serves local dishes, and has great city views. Spa and meeting facilities. City style for the mainstream. See More
La Sommità Relais Culti Ostuni 15 rooms from £121Foodies - A fantastic little Michelin starred restaurant and great wine list.Spa - Massages, Turkish baths and excellent range of treatments using SPA Gerard's methods and productsSights nearby - Nearby towns of Cisternino and Martina FrancaCooking classes - Cookery classes on offer at the hotel.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Corte Palmieri Gallipoli, Puglia 21 rooms from £190Local exploring - Located in the alleyways of Gallipoli with many historical sights nearbyValue chic - Great value hotel with modern, stylish accommodationGreat walks - Many local walking and hiking routesSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Stylish rooms with sun-drenched terraces in a fascinating old building in the seaside town of Gallipoli. Arched passageways and courtyards lead to cool bedrooms with white washed walls, wooden beams and stone floors. Dine on the large roof terrace with stunning sea views. A relaxed beach style. See More
Palazzo Personè Lecce 6 rooms from £150Local exploring - Ideally placed in the heart of the city with most of the attractions within walking distanceValue chic - Stylish accommodation at an equally attractive priceSights nearby - visit the nearby Amphitheatre Romano and Piazza MazziniLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Palazzo de Mori Otranto 10 rooms from £69Beach Life - Located right in the heart of the old town but just a short stroll from the beachCity Style - Quaint, stylish interiors in the heart of townSights nearby - Cathedral of OtrantoRestrictions on children - Children over 12
Palazzo Guglielmo Vignacastrisi di Ortelle Lecce, Puglia 8 rooms from £91Families - Families and kids of all ages are welcome. Suites and self catering apartments are ideal accommodation optionsFoodies - Regular cooking classes, poolside BBQs and wine tastings are heldGreat walks - Wander through the picturesque town of VignacastrisiSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Palazzo del Corso Gallipoli Lecce, Puglia 14 rooms from £121Spa breaks - Indulge in the wellness centre complete with a rooftop hydrotherapy pool and good range of massages and treatmentsLocal exploring - Perfectly placed in the old town, just a few km from the historical sights and within easy reach of LecceFoodies - Dine in the fabulous seafood restaurant La Dolce VitaSights nearby - The Greek Fountain of Gallipoli, Gallipoli Port, Greek Fountain and Gallipoli Castle are all nearby
A fabulous five-star hotel on Gallipoli's peninsula. Stunning sea views from the rooftop terrace, lively bar, excellent seafood restaurant, and a top of the range wellness centre. Rooms and suites filled with romance have four-poster beds, creamy furnishings, and balconies. Luxurious on all fronts. See More
L'Orangerie d'Epoque Lecce 3 rooms from £78Families - The suite sleeps four plus there are self-catering facilitiesValue chic - Stylish, relaxed accommodation at a great priceLocal markets - Visit charming local craft marketsGreat walks - Guided tours available
La Riviera Gallipoli 6 rooms from £104Families - Some of the suites sleep upto four, making this a great choice for those travelling with young childrenLocal exploring - There's plenty to do nearby from viewing historical sights to adrenaline fuelled watersportsSights nearby - Visit the Farmacia Provenzana, a beautiful 18th Century pharmacyGreat walks - Take a stroll with the Gallipoli Guided Walking Tours
Waterfront location and historic setting with good value rates. A great choice for families or groups on a budget. Beautiful townhouse with private balconies overlooking the seafront and small beach. Public spaces are decorated with beautiful murals, painted ceilings, chandeliers and antiques. See More