- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best family hotels on Gran Canaria
For a simple, no-worries, family holiday, Gran Canaria is one of the best choices of all the Canary Islands. The purpose-built resorts offer everything a family could want from a choice of accommodation and eating places to a range of water sports, children’s playgrounds and all manner of theme parks and boat rides. Use our guide to the best family hotels on Gran Canaria and start to plan your holiday.
The island’s rugged coastline is dotted with powder-soft, white beaches with the most popular ones in the south around Puerto Rico, Playa del Inglés (which segues into Playa de las Burras and Playa de Maspalomas) and Arguineguin. Don’t overlook the beach near the island’s capital of Las Palmas; the long sandy stretch of Playa de las Canteras is considered one of the world’s finest city beaches.
These popular beaches offer plenty of family-style activities such as boat rides and water sports, as well as playgrounds and safe swimming pools. In Puerto Rico there’s a chance to go dolphin-spotting while around Playa del Inglés there’s a host of theme parks and activities such as water parks, zoos, camel rides and Wild West shows.
And if your children are after something a little more sophisticated and cultural, Las Palmas, the island’s capital, has some fun but informative museums such as the science museum and the Museo de Colón. Our choice of the best family hotels on Gran Canaria ensures that parents can enjoy a stress-free holiday.
Best family hotels on Gran Canaria
For a rural stay
- In the heart of the island, surrounded by mountains, the child-friendly Fonda de La Tea offers simple, traditional rooms - including a villa for four - a pool and stunning views.
- There are lots of family activities at Hotel el Mondalon, a traditional finca with rooms featuring exposed-stone walls and wooden floors - most have a private terrace - pool and hot tub.
- Another traditional finca, Finca Los Longueras, is surrounded by rural countryside yet close to the beach on the north-west coast and offers delightfully traditional rooms, a beautiful pool and lush, palm-tree-dotted gardens.
In Las Palmas
- In the island’s capital, Las Palmas, Hotel Santa Catalina offers great value with comfortably classic rooms, many with balconies and sea-views, plus a terrace restaurant and pool.
For a luxury beach resort
- Right on the beach near Maspolomas, Lopesan Villa del Conte Resort makes for a perfect five-star family hotel, offering several pools, children’s club, large suites, spa and magnificently stylish interiors.
Not found what you're looking for amongst the best family hotels on Gran Canaria?
- Widen the net and take a look at all our Gran Canaria recommendations,
- check out our pick of the best family hotels in the Canary Islands
- check out our pick of the best beach hotels on the Canary Islands
- or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Fonda de la Tea 11 rooms from £79Tejeda, Gran Canaria
A hiker's haven set in the mountains with stunning valley views. Charming traditional rooms and one villa (sleeps 4) with private balconies. Gorgeous terraces, swimming pool, local restaurant, and plenty of outdoor pursuits and quaint mountain villages to explore. Ideal for families.Views - Stunning valley views.Families - One house sleeps 4.Great walks - Explore the wonderful walking in the volcanic heart of the islandSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Sawdays
Hotel el Mondalon 10 rooms from £79Los Hoyos, Gran Canaria
A traditional finca near a natural park with fantastic facilities. Traditional chic rooms, pretty gardens and pool, excellent restaurant, fitness areas, spa therapies, and lots of family oriented activities. A great value spot for families.Value chicGreat walks - Wonderful walking on the doorstepSwimming Pool - Heated poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Finca Las Longueras 10 rooms from £92Agaete, Gran Canaria
A traditional finca in a rural setting, but close to the beach. A gorgeous red country house with old fashioned, but elegant rooms. Lush green gardens, pool, and an excellent table d'hote. Great value and family friendly.Great walks - Great walking on the doorstep for all abilities.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool surrounded by palm treesBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Santa Catalina 202 rooms from £149Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
A fantastic beach resort with excellent facilities. Rooms and suites simple in style with all the mod cons and sea views from balconies. Restaurants, swimming pools, spa, gardens and access to the beach. An excellent choice for families, beach goers, or weddings.FamiliesWeddingsBeach LifeSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor Pools
Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort 561 rooms from £289Las Meloneras, Gran Canaria
A magnificent seaside resort exuding an effortless aura of style and class. Luxury at every turn with highlights including its Basque-French restaurant, extensive spa and lively music venue. Relax by the one of lagoon pools or explore the surrounding coastline. Five-star excellence.Families - Perfect for a family holiday, with a kids club, playground, large suites, as well as an extensive spa for mum and dad.Beach Life - Right on the beach, with plenty of spots to splash around, and access to all kinds of watersports.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Maspalomas Lighthouse a fascinating sight steeped in island history.Kids Club - Fully staffed.