10 of the Best Beach Hotels in the Canary Islands
With year-round guaranteed sunshine, mainly golden-yellow or powder-white beaches, and only a four-hour flight from the UK, not surprisingly the Canary Islands are one of Britain’s top holiday destinations. The islands also offer a range of water sports, including surfing, windsurfing and snorkelling. And some of the best beach hotels in the Canary Islands are particularly geared to families with children’s clubs, playgrounds and separate children’s pools.
Which Canary Island has the Best Beach for me?
- Lanzarote offers the steadiest of climates so is always a safe bet. Its popular resorts are Playa Grande at Puerto del Carmen, just south of Arrecife, the capital, and Playa Blanca, an attractive modern resort and close to the lovely coves of Punta del Papagayo.
- Close to Lanzarote, Fuerteventura offers what many consider some of the Canary Islands’ finest white-sand beaches.
- In Tenerife, the south-west resorts of Los Cristianos, Playa de las Américas and Costa Adeje offer plenty of soft-white sands, a vast array of hotels and 24-hour fun.
- Gran Canaria has a good range of purpose-built beach resorts.
- The small island of La Palma is relatively untouched by mass tourism and offers a superb black-sand beach at Puerto Naos
- while the even smaller island of La Gomera offers a dramatic forest-and-cliff landscape with tiny, pristine beaches.
Equally popular in winter as well as the traditional holiday periods, our Guru's recommendations for 10 of the best beach hotels in the Canary Islands can get snapped up quickly.
10 of the Best beach hotels in the Canary Islands
The Best beach hotels on Fuerteventura
- The adults-only Avanti Boutique Hotel, a stone’s throw from the beach, oozes white urban-chic and rooms feature private sun-decks, and hot tubs.
- Close to the beach on the east coast, Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort offers excellent water sports, three pools, al fresco dining and crisp, contemporary rooms and suites.
The Best beach hotels on La Palma
- Wrapped in gardens and with lovely sea-views, Hacienda de Abajo is a historical villa with graciously furnished romantic bedrooms.
The Best beach hotels on La Gomera
- With a stunning cliff-top location, the vast Jardin Tecina offers mesmerising sea views - and across to Mount Teide on Tenerife - contemporary-style rooms, five pools and huge gardens.
The Best beach hotels on Lanzarote
- The magnificent Princess Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel, at Playa Blanca, offers five-star luxury from the balconied contemporary-style rooms and eight restaurants to the large spa, sports facilities and six pools.
The Best beach hotels on Gran Canaria
- There’s no shortage of activities at the five-star Grand Hotel Residencia near Maspalomas. Next to a golf course and with a spa, tennis courts, several pools and a gourmet restaurant, you might find it hard to find time to make it to the beach!
- In the country yet close to the beach on the north-west coast, Finca Las Longueras has delightfully traditional rooms, a beautiful pool and lush, palm-tree-dotted gardens.
The Best beach hotels on Tenerife
- The sprawling Villa Cortes in Playa de las Américas has all you could want for a luxury beach holiday with six restaurants, four bars, a spa, private cabanas, richly furnished rooms and a vast pool with waterfalls.
- Close to the beach but surrounded by banana plantations, Hotel Rural el Navio offers simple but charming rooms - some with balconies or terraces - and a pool.
If you haven't spotted your idea of the perfect place to stay on the Canary Islands on our Guru's list of 10 of the best beach hotels in the Canary Islands you could:
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Canary Islands?
- Or refine your search by island and consider only the best places to stay on Gran Canaria? or the best places to stay on Tenerife? or the best places to stay on Lanzarote?
- Or you could refine your search by the kind of hotel you fancy and check out our Guru's recommendations for 10 of the Best Luxury Hotels in the Canary Islands? or for 13 of the Best Rural Hotels on the Canary Islands? or 16 of the Best Hotels on the Canary Islands for Families?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
10 of the Best Beach Hotels in the Canary Islands
Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort Caleta De Fuste, Fuerteventura 382 rooms from £101Families - Packed with sports facilities, as well as a kids club and large family rooms it's a perfect getaway for all the family.Beach Life - Just two minutes walk from the beach, with access to a whole load of watersports facilities.Tennis - Enjoy a game of tennis on one of the hotel's multiple courts.Fishing - Fishing trips can be organised by the hotel and are a great way to explore the coast.
An excellent seaside resort on the east coast of Fuerteventura. Brimming with facilities, the hotel has plush rooms, several restaurants, three swimming pools and an onsite theatre. Packed with activities and large suites, it's perfect for a family holiday to Fuerteventura. See More
Avanti Boutique Hotel Corralejo, Fuerteventura 15 rooms from £143Romantic Break - A property designed for adults, complete with a rooftop hot tub and romantic dining, this is the perfect choice for two!Beach Life - Step out of the hotel and spend lazy days on the picture perfect beachBoutique - A small boutique hotel with chic contemporary styleSights nearby - Take a stroll through the picturesque Old Town of Corralejo
Urban chic hotel in the idyllic coastal town of Corralejo. Rooms are light and modern, with white washed walls, fresh cotton linen and glorious private sun decks looking out to the Atlantic. With a restaurant, bar, hot tub. Only suitable for adults aged 16 or over. Great central town location. See More
Hacienda de Abajo Villa y Puerto de Tazacorte, La Palma 32 rooms from £212Views - Great views from hotelBeach LifeLuxuryRomantic Break
A stunning historic villa set in luscious gardens with wonderful sea views. Boutique chic interiors boast antique furniture and a colonial ambience. Romantic bedrooms and suites have four poster beds, wooden floors, and sumptuous fabrics. Excellent restaurant, spa and pool. Highly romantic. See More
Jardin Tecina San Sebastián de la Gomera, La Gomera 460 rooms from £118Views - Stunning views over the Atlantic Ocean towards Tenerife and Mount TiedeBeach LifeActive HolidaySwimming Pool - Five swimming poolsRecommended by - CN Traveller
A stunning cliff top beach resort. A perfect spot for sports enthusiasts; golf, tennis, swimming, volley ball and watersports. Elegant contemporary rooms and suites with private balconies and sea views. Excellent restaurant, bar, swimming pool, beauty centre and spa. Ideal for families. See More
Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel Playa Blanca, Lanzarote 385 rooms from £220Families - With large rooms, a kids club, a playground, a spa, bar and games room, it's perfect for a family holiday to Lanzarote.Beach Life - Three minutes walk from the beach with access to snorkelling, diving, and swimming.Diving - The hotel can organise diving expeditions along the surrounding coastline.Views - Great views from hotel
A deluxe seaside resort brimming with five-star quality. The elegant rooms exude simple style with contemporary furnishings and balconies overlooking the bay and gardens. With eight restaurants, an extensive spa, six outdoor pools and countless sports facilities, there is something for everyone. See More
Finca Las Longueras Agaete, Gran Canaria 10 rooms from £91Great walks - Great walking on the doorstep for all abilities.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool surrounded by palm treesBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Rural El Navio Alcalá, Tenerife 8 rooms from £87Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorBack to NatureTraditional