- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The Best Family Hotels on Mallorca
Mallorca is a marvellous family holiday destination! There are quiet, safe, sandy beaches, wonderful open spaces, mountains to explore, all kinds of activities, some impressive cultural treasures and loads of family friendly cafes and restaurants. And there’s certainly plenty to choose from when it comes to the best family hotels on Mallorca. So our Gurus have come to your family’s rescue!
They’ve got a recommendation for the best family hotels on Mallorca for active families, some great examples of the best family hotels on Mallorca for families looking for a beach break, some excellent family fincas, and even some fantastic properties where your family can escape and just be themselves.
The Best Family Hotels on Mallorca
For a Beach Break
- Hotel Esplendido in Soller has 74 rooms and suites with a contemporary feel, plus an extensive spa menu, a pool, sea-facing terraces, gardens and a private beach. Plus activities for the kids.
- Also just along the coastline from Palma, is the OD Port Portals. It’s a stylish, modern, 63 room hotel decorated in a pale palette but with plenty of nice features - like big open plan bathrooms and private balconies. There’s also a lively bar and outdoor pool. Rooms start from around £95 per night.
For Active Families
- Castillo Hotel Son Vida is a 13th Century palace turned luxury hotel in the hills outside Palma de Mallorca. The decor is elegant and very Spanish and there are 164 spacious rooms, some of them with stunning views. There’s plenty to keep everyone entertained here, with several pool, a spa, extensive grounds and a kid’s club. Plus there’s a choice of onsite restaurants and bars.
- Cases de son Barbassa is a rustic chic converted farmhouse with views all the way down to the beach and up into the mountains. There are 20 simple, yet stylish rooms, with bare stone walls, wooden beams and jacuzzi baths. There’s also a gorgeous pool and garden and a lovely restaurant. And you’re a couple of kilometres from medieval Capdepera.
The Best Family Hotels on Mallorca with a Kid’s Club
- The Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel is a 93 room resort with all the charm of a Spanish country house hotel. It’s in the hills above Palma, so the views are exceptional. There’s are pools, a spa, tennis courts, golf courses and a kid’s club, plus plenty more!
- The Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa near Port de Sóller offers all you’d expect from this international brand: an eye-catching infinity pool, an award-winning restaurant, spa and beautiful design wherever you look. Plus there’s a great kid’s club and the suites are huge!
The Best Family Fincas
- Son Siurana in Alcúdia, has been converted from an 18th Century estate into an eco-estate and working farm with a great restaurant and a collection of 14 rooms, suites, cottages and apartments. You’re in the heart of some beautiful countryside, surrounded by almond and fig trees.
- The Finca Es Castell, off the beaten track outside pretty Caimari, is a rustic, contemporary-style finca with 12 rooms and a reputation for delicious food. You’re surrounded by ancient vines, white washed walls and beautiful views.
The Best Family Hotels for Peace and Quiet
- Son Palou is a 12 room hotel set in a pretty hamlet surrounded by peaceful, UNESCO Heritage Listed countryside. The walls are sandstone, the roof a bright terracotta and all around is the verdant green of this beautiful region. Perfect for exploring the hamlets and hills of northern Mallorca.
- The Gran Hotel Son Net has been converted from a 17th Century mansion in the foothills of the ruggedly beautiful Tramuntana Mountains. There’s beautiful art on the walls of the 31 rooms and exceptional views from the windows and terraces and the opportunity to dine under the stars.
The Best Value Family Hotels on Mallorca
- S'Hotel d'es Puig is a rustic, manager owned guesthouse in Deia, offering nine rooms with generous breakfasts, an honesty bar and an outdoor pool and terrace. There’s a choice of suites with private balconies or private two bedroom apartments for families. Rooms start from around £90 per night.
- The eight bedroom Petit Hotel, in the picturesque mountain village of Fornalutx, has lovely traditional features, like wooden beams and white-washed walls, plus gorgeous gardens and an infinity pool. And rooms start from around £85 per night.
For a City Break
- Palacio Ca Sa Galesa is in a great location in Palma de Mallorca’s old town, and has 12 quirky rooms filled with antiques, pretty stained glass and some nice artworks. There’s a great sun terrace and the spa is in the same spot as original Roman baths. Historic and family friendly!
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best family hotels on Mallorca might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all best places to stay on Mallorca,
- refine your search to the best family hotels in Palma Mallorca,
- or the best beach hotels on Mallorca,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.