The 12 Best Beach Hotels on Mallorca
There are so many reasons to visit Mallorca, but for a lot of people the island’s beautiful beaches and postcard-perfect varied coastline appear at the top of their list. So putting together our Guru’s list of the 12 best beach hotels on Mallorca has been a pleasure as well as a challenge.
There are so many different kinds of beach, tiny white coves, pebbly stretches, wide scimitars of golden sand. There are beaches perfect for kite-surfing, stretches of coast much loved by divers and snorkelers, party beaches and those on which perfect turquoise seas lap with a relaxing regularity. So our list of the best beach hotels in Mallorca is broken up into types of beach and types of break.
The 12 Best Beach Hotels on Mallorca
The Best Beachside Hotels on Mallorca
- The Font Santa is a beautiful five star hotel within striking distance of Mallorca’s best beach. This converted sandstone house now has 25 chic, modern, all-white rooms and suites, a fantastic restaurant, picturesque grounds and pool and an extensive spa menu
- The Hospes Maricel is right on the shore of the Mediterranean, just up the coast from Palma de Mallorca. Elegant and luxurious, there are 44 rooms, wonderful sun-and-sea terraces, and a fantastic infinity pool. Romantic and relatively secluded.
The Most Romantic Beach Hotels on Mallorca
- Can Simoneta in Canyamel is a peaceful clifftop hotel with a romantic terrace restaurant and direct access to the ocean via a flight of steep steps cut directly into the cliffs. There are just 13 rooms, but lots of facilities.
- Capdepera’s Predi Son Jaumell is a beautifully converted farmhouse now offering 24 pale, chic rooms with stunning views. There’s also an excellent restaurant and you’re just a short walk from the hotel’s private cove. Relaxing, romantic and very stylish.
- La Moraleja in Port de Pollença is a chic boutique hotel close to the beach and in view of the mountains. There are 22 elegant rooms, showcasing interesting art, and great views from the balconies and large terraces. There’s a choice of informal or formal dining and a poolside bar, library and a collection of vintage cars living on site.
The Best Hip and Happening Beach Hotels on Mallorca
- Portixol is a popular harbour side hotel with a lively restaurant and bar, a lovely pool and exceptional sea views. The 25 rooms have a chic, nautical feel and there’s an excellent spa. You’re also close to the action if you’re here for the nightlife.
The Best Value Beach Hotels on Mallorca
- The Hotel Feliz is a cute, contemporary hotel overlooking the harbour in Palma de Mallorca. There are 44 rooms and suites with all the mod. cons. and private balconies. There’s a rooftop lounge serving great Mediterranean food and the room rate starts from €119 per night (low season).
- For around €80 you can stay in Fowlers Hotel in Cala D’Or, a boutique B&B run by an English couple. They have antiques in every corner in the seven rooms - with private terraces and sea views. Some have a hot tub as well. Plus there’s an outdoor pool and an air of tranquility.
The Best Beach Hotels on Mallorca for Families
- Cases de son Barbassa is a rustic, chic farmhouse in Capdepera with 20 simple, yet stylish rooms with bare stone walls, wooden beams and jacuzzis. There’s also a gorgeous pool and gardens and a great restaurant.
- The Hotel Esplendido in Sóller has 74 rooms and suites with a contemporary feel, plus an extensive spa menu, a pool, sea-facing terraces, gardens and a private beach. Plus activities for the kids.
- The Can Moragues is a great value option in old town Artà. Converted from a Mallorcan manor house there are four traditional rooms with stone walls, exposed beams, and private garden patios to breakfast on.
The Best Beach Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
- The small but romantically formed Boutique Hotel Calatrava is a sleek, six room hotel right on the beach front in central Palma. The decor is sophisticated in pastels, and there’s a lovely little cafe/ bistro with views over Palma Bay and the ocean.
- The Hotel Cort is a new, 14 room hotel with an amazing rooftop swimming pool and bar. You’re not right on the coast, but you’re in the heart of things, close to restaurants, bars and shops, as well as being very close to the beach.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the 12 best beach hotels on Mallorca might be perfect for you?
- You could expand your search to include all best places to stay on Mallorca?
- Or refine your search to the 10 Best Beach Hotels in Palma de Mallorca?
- or just to the 15 Best Value Hotels on Mallorca? or, at the other end of the scale the Best Luxury Hotels on Mallorca?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The 12 Best Beach Hotels on Mallorca
Font Santa 25 rooms from £154Campos (Colonia de San Jordi Km 8,2)
A beautiful Five Star hotel in the countryside within striking distance of Mallorca's best beach. A sunny sandstone house with contemporary chic all white rooms and suites. Fantastic restaurant, picturesque grounds and pool, and extensive spa. A definite spot for romantics and food lovers.Foodies - A fabulous restaurant.HoneymoonsSpa breaks5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - CN Traveller, I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Hospes Maricel 51 rooms from £193Carretera Andratx, Mallorca
A sizeably grand 5 star hotel with bright, contemporary rooms situated on the seafront outside Palma. Great old school service and wonderful views - for couples and families with older children. Awarded ‘the best breakfast in the world’ at the II Summit of Madrid FusiónRestaurant - The Senzone Restaurant hosts the best Chefs of Japanese gastronomy in Spain.Sit-out Terrace - A spectacular terrace that juts out into the sea.Seaviews - A romantic backdrop to any occasion.Quiet - Set in the seclusion of the bay.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Can Simoneta 13 rooms from £162Canyamel
This hotel offers unique tranquility from its cliff top perch. Carved steps down to the sea, magnificent views of the coastline, dinner on the restaurant terrace under the stars. A romantic destination.Beach nearby - Direct access to the sea over a winding stair directly to the water-basin and private access to the public beach of Canyamel.Outstanding location - A rural setting but minutes from towns and with direct access to the beaches.Views - The hotel restaurant has views over the bay of Canyamel.Watersports - Water skiing, fishing, diving, motorboats, paddle boats.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Predi Son Jaumell 24 rooms from £168Capdepera (Carretera Cala Mesquida, Km 1)
A seamless, chic traditional farmhouse with beautiful rooms, stunning views, excellent food, and a short walk from its private cove. Enormous all white suites have attractive works of art and four poster beds. Equally lovely living areas, pool and lounge area. Romantic, relaxing, and very stylish.Views - Stunning views of the castle of Capdepera and the Mallorcan countrysideRomantic BreakTraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
La Moraleja 22 rooms from £114Cala Sant Vincenç (Cala Sant Vicenç)
A chic boutique hotel located close to the beaches and mountains of Mallorca. Elegantly designed rooms showcasing interesting artworks offer great views from the large terraces. Formal and informal dining options and a poolside bar. A games room, library and a collection of vintage cars on-site.Total relaxation - A luxurious wellness area to enjoy a sauna, a dip in the hoth tub, a massage or natural skin treatmentsActive Holiday - The hotel is a great base to indulge in various sports activities that the island has on offerGreat walks - Walking excursions can be organised and are a great way to explore the surrouding areasDiving - For more experienced divers
Portixol 25 rooms from £259Palma de Mallorca
Swedish owned popular harbour-side hotel with seaviews and a lovely pool - lively bar and restaurant. Chic, bright rooms with a nautical feel. Well placed for enjoying Palma's nightlife and sights but equally tempting to just stay and use the spa.City Style - A seafront property with luxury spa, a lively bar and easy access of the cities sights and nightlife.Foodies - Boasting one of Mallorca's most popular restaurants- specialising in seafood and cocktails.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Feliz 44 rooms from £104Palma de Mallorca
A cute contemporary hotel overlooking the harbour. Modern, but in an understated way. Rooms and suite with sophisticated furnishings and private balconies. Good Mediterranean food, lovely roof top lounge area, and excellent value.Views - Great views from hotelBeach LifeValue chicSights nearby - 10 mins by bus from the Old Town
Fowlers Hotel 8 rooms from £71Cala d'Or (Cala D'or)
Run by an English couple, a boutique bed and breakfast decorated with antiques in every corner. Rooms have private terraces and sea views. A fine baroque style bar and an outdoor pool. Located in the old part of town it enjoys a historic and tranquil setting.Local exploring - Close to the centre of town and the marinaValue chic - A charming stay at an inviting priceSights nearby - Visit the Castillo de Santueri and the Caves of HamsSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Cases de son Barbassa 20 rooms from £223Capdepera
A rustic chic farmhouse with wonderful countryside views close to the beach. Simple yet stylish rooms with large beds, bare stone walls, wooden beams and jacuzzi baths. Gorgeous pool, restaurant, and garden. Good for couples, groups & families wanting easy access to both beach and mountains.Views - On a clear day you can see as far as MenorcaSights nearby - A couple of kms from mediaeval CapdeperaSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Hotel Esplendido 80 rooms from £140Soller, Mallorca
A stylishly retro hotel catering to both couples and families with kids. Attractive rooms and suites with vintage touches, plus two outdoor pools, spa facilities, sea-facing terraces, and excellent bistro dining.Views - Great views from hotelSpa breaksBeach LifeFamiliesRecommended by - I Escape
Can Moragues 4 rooms from £75Artà (Arta)
A gorgeous Majorcan manor house with a rich heritage in old town Arta. Traditional chic rooms and suites have stone walls, wooden beams, sumptuous beds, and private garden patios for breakfast. Lovely garden, pool and sauna, and bikes available. Excellent value, family friendly, 10km to the beach.Traditional - An old Majorcan manor house.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor poolsSailing - There's a sailing club.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Boutique Hotel Calatrava 6 rooms from £144Palma de Mallorca
A sleek and stylish hotel on the beach front in central Palma de Mallorca. Sophisticated chic bedrooms and suites have pastel colours and sumptuous beds. Lovely little cafe-bistro with views out to sea. A romantic spot, well located, family friendly too.Views - Terrace has amazing views over Palma BayCity StyleRomantic BreakSights nearby - Located next to Palma's Parque del Mar and very close to the CathedralRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hotel Cort 14 rooms from £145Palma de Mallorca (07001 Palma De Mallorca)
In the heart of Palma's charming old town, this stylish boutique hotel is just minutes stroll from numerous city centre attractions. It also provides the perfect spot for alfresco dining and a secluded rooftop terrace away from the crowds.Sights nearby - Palma Cathedral and the Almudaina Royal PalaceGreat walks - Explore the citySwimming Pool - Plunge poolQuirky - An experience!