The 11 Best Hotels for Families in Amsterdam
As a city, Amsterdam welcomes families – though the wares on show in some shop windows may inspire awkward questions from enquiring young minds. Families may find some hotels a bit cramped, especially those in converted old houses where space is at a premium. Not all hotels in older buildings have elevators, so getting to attic rooms is a chore with smaller children. However, in our collection of the best hotels for families in Amsterdam, you'll find spacious self-catering apartments near open-air markets where shopping is fun, family-sized suites, and luxury perks like pools. So why not browse through our list to start planning your next family getaway?
- Dutch Masters is a chic city collection of luxury self-catering apartments. Interiors are based on famous Dutch artists and boast heritage features like detailed ceilings and large windows, as well as unique design pieces. With a central location, this is a luxurious option for families.
- Yays Amsterdam Salthouse Canal is a contemporary hotel with self-contained apartments in Zeeheldenbuurt. Accommodation is sleek and stylish, offering separate living space, self-catering facilities, and groceries delivered to your door. Kids will love the option of staying in a houseboat.
- Amsterdam Prince Island by Yays is a boutique hotel offering self-contained apartments on the canalside in Bickerseiland. The apartments are great for families or groups, with multiple, cosy bedrooms and separate living spaces, plus self-catering facilities.
For family suites
- Hotel JL NO76 is a chic modern hotel in a 19th-century townhouse on a residential street right in the heart of the city. A courtyard garden, honesty bar, and bike rental make this an easy city base, while families will benefit from the spacious family suites.
- At Park Hotel Amsterdam spacious family suites are made for contemporary families with coffee machines, living areas, and a separate area to work. Well positioned between Leidseplein and Vondelpark you'll find the main attractions nearby and the property also boasts the famed MOMO restaurant.
- Hotel Roemer is a simply styled boutique stay with a homely feel set in an 18th-century townhouse near Vondelpark. Spacious (for Amsterdam) family rooms feature a double bed and bunk beds plus there is a park nearby for kids to run around. With bikes to rent too, this is a quaint choice.
For the design
- Families can rent both suites at Mokum Suites for a perfect home-away-from-home. The suites in a restored canal house share a kitchen and dining room meaning you'll have plenty of space. Pick this though for the design which is chic and modern without losing the heritage property's original charm.
- Pestana Amsterdam Riverside offers family suites with terraces by the river. This five-star stay is well located in De Pijp and boasts a spa, an indoor pool, and a good restaurant.
- Hotel Twenty Eight combines luxury perks including a sauna with self-catering accommodation designed for children and babies. The two-bedroom apartment is ideal for families with older kids.
- Eric Vokel Amsterdam Suites offers luxury self-catering suites in the centre of Amsterdam, close to Amsterdam Centraal. Apartments have custom layouts and designer interiors with large windows and ample living space. A stylish yet convenient choice for families.
- Sofitel Legend Amsterdam The Grand is a five-star hotel located in the heart of the city. Despite being set in a 17th -century building, the interiors are modern and stylish. With fine dining, a spa, babysitting and childcare options plus a butler service — this is luxury defined.
Still not sure which to book?
- Expand your search to include all our Amsterdam recommendations.
- Refine your search and look at our collection of the best hotels in Amsterdam's Museumkwartier.
- Alternatively, contact a friendly Guru for advice.
Amsterdam Prince Island by YAYS Amsterdam City Centre 26 rooms from £274Local exploring - This hotel is in a great location, far enough from the centre to avoid noise but close enough to visit the main attractionsFamilies - These large, two-bedroom apartments are great for families travelling with children, and offer ample living spaceCity Style - Located on the site of a heritage church on the canalside, this hotel has lots of local styleSights nearby - Enjoy spectacular, 360 degree views of the city from the A'DAM Lookout, a 20-storey viewing platform
This boutique hotel offers self-contained apartments on the canalside in Bickerseiland. The apartments are great for families or groups, with multiple, cosy bedrooms and separate living space, plus self-catering facilities. Book a comfort suite for a shared terrace; a stylish city break. See More
Hotel JL No76 Amsterdam 39 rooms from £136Contemporary - A beautifully converted 19th-century property with a typical townhouse appearance from the outside and chic modern design insideBoutique - With a charming courtyard garden, friendly staff, bike rental, and an honesty bar - this has a charming home-away-from-home feelFamilies - The Family Room is a comfortable option for those travelling with kids. There are bunk beds and even a hot tub that fits four!Local exploring - Set on a quiet residential street near Leidseplein, Museumplein, P.C. Hooftstraat and the VondelparkRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
A chic modern hotel in a 19th century townhouse on a residential street right in the heart of the city. Interiors are fresh and contemporary with interesting works of modern art, plenty of light, and unique design pieces. A courtyard garden, honesty bar, and bike rental makes this an easy city base. See More
Dutch Masters Amsterdam 9 rooms from £207Families - These self-catering apartments are perfect for families travelling with children; kids under 2 stay for freeLocal exploring - Located in the historic centre of Amsterdam, these apartments are the perfect base for local exploringCity Style - Situated in a heritage building in the city centre, this hotel has lots of city styleLocal markets - Get up early and take a trip to the Amsterdam Flower Market, a beautiful display of plants and flowers
This hotel offers luxury, self-catering apartments in the historic centre of Amsterdam. Interiors are based on famous Dutch artists and boast heritage features like detailed ceilings and large windows, as well as unique design pieces. Book the Van Gogh suite for a private terrace; a chic city hotel. See More
Mokum Suites Amsterdam City Centre 2 rooms from £195Local exploring - Located close to the city centre and the main attractions, this B&B makes a great base for local exploringCity Style - Situated in a heritage property in the charming canal district, this hotel has lots of local styleRomantic Break - The hotel's contemporary, stylish suites are great for a romantic couples' getawaySights nearby - Stroll through town to Dam Square, Amsterdam's lively central plaza and home to the Royal Palace, a neoclassical gemRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This unique B&B is located a heritage property in the heart of Amsterdam's canal district. Suites are contemporary, featuring chic design pieces and homely soft furnishings; book the airy Star Suite for high ceilings, original architectural details and pretty canal views. A charming city bolt-hole. See More
Pestana Amsterdam Riverside Amsterdam (Oud Zuid) 154 rooms from £202City Style - Situated in a heritage building on the canalside in central Amsterdam, this hotel has lots of city styleRomantic Break - Book the romantic Mezzanine Suite for your next couples' getaway and enjoy a freestanding bathtubLocal exploring - With a privileged location in De Pijp, this hotel is perfectly located for local exploringLuxury - The large swimming pool and spa offer some extra luxury at this chic stay
This five-star luxury hotel is located in De Pijp, Amsterdam. Guests can choose between rooms in the historic municipal building or contemporary studios at River House. Interiors are elegant and modern with crisp white linens; book the penthouse suite for charming heritage details. A chic city stay. See More
Hotel Twenty Eight Amsterdam (Oud Zuid) 56 rooms from £190Romantic Break - Book the studio for a cosy romantic getaway, with all the perks of a concierge service but the discretion of a private apartmentSelf catering - All accommodation types come with a fully equipped kitchen but there is also a restaurant for days you'd rather not cookFamilies - This hotel is a great option for families, with apartments designed to accommodate children including babiesCity Style - Located in the upmarket Amsterdam South neighbourhood, these luxury apartments have lots of city style
This apartment hotel offers boutique accommodation in upscale Amsterdam South. The individually designed, self-catering apartments offer a spacious living area and king-size beds; the two-bedroom apartment is great for families travelling with children. Unwind in the hotel sauna; a unique city stay. See More
Park Hotel Amsterdam Amsterdam 189 rooms from £132Local exploring - Well positioned between Leidseplein and Vondelpark giving guests access to both the city's best nightlife and major attractionsFamilies - Spacious Family Suites are made for contemporary families with coffee machines, living areas, and a separate area to workFoodies - Home to the award-winning MOMO restaurant which is Amsterdam’s first upscale Asian-fusion restaurantContemporary - Stylish contemporary style sees steely hues, hip Scandi-esque furniture, and modern artworksRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Michelin Travel
A stylish contemporary hotel well located between Leidseplein and Vondelpark. Spacious rooms and suites are decorated in cool steely hues and feature coffee makers and modern artworks. Home to MOMO Restaurant, there's excellent fusion Asian cuisine plus there's a chic cocktail bar. See More
YAYS Amsterdam Salthouse Canal Amsterdam 31 rooms from £146City Style - Located in a heritage building in the leafy Zeeheldenbuurt, this hotel has lots of local styleFamilies - The larger self-catering apartments are great for families travelling with childrenRomantic Break - Book a luxury apartment on a houseboat for a unique couples' getawayGreat walks - Explore the neighbouring Westerpark on a long walk; the park combines green spaces with iconic architecture and great nightlife
A contemporary hotel with self-contained apartments in Zeeheldenbuurt. Accommodation is sleek & stylish, offering separate living space and self-catering facilities; live like a local with a stay in the chic houseboat apartment. Order groceries to your door; ideal for independent travellers. See More
Hotel Roemer Amsterdam Amsterdam 37 rooms from £164Local exploring - Just one street from Vondelpark & Leidseplein, you are right in the city centre with museums, nightlife, and restaurants nearbyCharming - Designed to feel like a home-away-from-home. There's an honesty bar, and bikes available - great for independent travellersFamilies - Spacious (for Amsterdam) Family Rooms with a double bed and bunk beds plus there is the park nearby for kids to run aroundHistoric - Set in an iconic 18th century Amsterdam townhouseRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Michelin Travel
Set in an 18th-century townhouse near Vondelpark, this is a simply styled boutique stay with a homely feel. Rooms range from compact doubles to well-designed family rooms - all decorated in a neutral palette. There's an honesty bar, a courtyard garden, and bikes available - an easy city base. See More
Eric Vökel Amsterdam Suites Amsterdam City Centre 28 rooms from £177Local exploring - Located in a prime, central location in Amsterdam, these apartments make a great base for local exploringFamilies - These self-catering apartments are great for families travelling with childrenCity Style - With chic, designer interiors, this hotel has lots of contemporary city styleSights nearby - Visit the Basilica of St. Nicholas in Amsterdam's old town, a short distance from the hotel
This hotel offers luxury suites in the centre of Amsterdam, close to Amsterdam Centraal. Apartments have custom layouts and designer interiors with large windows and ample living space; book the penthouse suite for fantastic river views. Book a free breakfast kit online; a chic and modern city stay. See More
Sofitel Legend Amsterdam the Grand Amsterdam 177 rooms from £3775* Luxury - With chic contemporary design, a butler service, a spa, and even a horse-drawn carriage — you'll wish for nothing hereFamilies - Infant beds and cots are free and there is a babysitting and childcare service making this an easy choice for familiesHistoric - The hotel is housed in an erstwhile Admiralty building (dating from the 17th century)Local exploring - Right in the heart of town, on the edge of the Red Light DistrictRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
A grand five-star hotel located in the heart of the city. Despite being set in a 17th -century building, interiors are modern and stylish. Spacious rooms and suites have plenty of light, retro furniture, and most have bathtubs. With fine dining, a spa, and butler service - this is luxury defined. See More