- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Pubs with Rooms in Berkshire
Travellers have always needed a soft, warm place to sleep and food and drink, and England’s county inns and friendly pubs with rooms have a long tradition of providing that. And usually a bit more. Staying in a great pub means an opportunity to chat to the locals, to enjoy the best local food and drink and to relax after your meal rather than just retire to your room. So it was easy to convince our Gurus to do the research to make their recommendations for the best pubs with rooms in Berkshire.
Some regions specialise in pubs with rooms, and we think our Guru’s list of the best pubs with rooms in Berkshire includes some of the finest inns in the UK. Plus Berkshire is conveniently located for London, has some exceptionally beautiful stretches of the Thames, Windsor with its castle, Eton, Ascot and Bray - home to The Fat Duck.
The Best Pubs with Rooms in Berkshire
The Best Pubs with Rooms for Walkers
- The Dundas Arms in Kintbury, in the North Downs, is a Grade II listed Georgian inn on the picturesque banks of the Kennet. The decor is classic country house hotel with feature wallpapers and luxurious bathrooms and there’s a formal dining room as well as the pub.
- Newbury’s The Crab and Boar is an historic pub in a beautiful rural setting - this is the perfect pub with rooms for walkers. There are just 14 rooms, with cosy, contemporary decor - and some with outdoor hot tubs! There’s also a relaxed restaurant. Rooms start from around £130 per night.
- The Waterside Inn in Bray is a fantastic choice for foodies, run by Michel and Alain Roux and with three Michelin stars, this is about as gourmet at the UK gets. The eleven rooms and suites are sumptuous and start from around £220 per night. It might seem a bit tenuous to include it in a list of the best pubs with rooms in Berkshire, but it would be churlish not to!
The Best Pubs with Rooms in Berkshire for Couples
- The Elephant at Pangbourne is a chic hotel in a bustling little village. The surprise is the Indian theme, with handcrafted Indian furniture, oriental rugs, and delicate fabrics. There’s an elegant restaurant specialising in locally sourced everything.
The Best Value Pubs with Rooms in Berkshire
- The Olde Bell Inn in Hurley, is a hearty, traditional old inn - one of the oldest in England, hence the extra ‘e’ - with a gastropub restaurant, tennis courts and crisp bedrooms with lots of natural light. Great for riverbank strolling. Rooms start from around £125 per night.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best pubs with rooms in Berkshire on our Guru’s list you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Berkshire.
- expand your search to include the best pubs with rooms in Hampshire,
- or our Guru’s recommendations for Great Wiltshire Pubs with Rooms,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Pubs with Rooms in Berkshire
The Waterside Inn 11 rooms from £220Maidenhead
Ultimate foodie venue with three Michelin stars, on the banks of the river Thames. Run by top chefs Michel Roux and his son Alain. Sumptuous suites and bedrooms.Restaurant - The Waterside Inn holds three Michelin stars.TraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Relais & Chateaux
The Elephant at Pangbourne 22 rooms from £155Pangbourne, Berkshire
Rural, chic hotel in a bustling village. Handcrafted Indian furniture, oriental rugs, delicate fabrics. Elegant restaurant with local produce.TraditionalQuirky - An experience!Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Dundas Arms 8 rooms from £130Kintbury,, Berkshire
The Dundas Arms is a grade II listed Georgian inn on the banks of the Kennet, in picturesque Kintbury. Eight rooms are decorated in classic country house style, with feature wallpapers & luxurious bathrooms - river rooms with private terraces. Formal & pub style dining ensure something for all.Local markets - The nearby market town of Newbury has plenty of shops selling local produce.Fishing - Fly fishing on the River Kennet is popular in the summer months.Great walks - Traverse the Ridgeway National Trail.Traditional
The Crab and Boar 14 rooms from £129Newbury, Berkshire
The Crab and Boar is an historic rural pub with rooms providing contemporary countryside accommodation with comfortable, cosy interiors and a relaxing restaurant for perfect weekend getaways. Some rooms have a private hot tub and terrace. Plenty of country pursuits and outdoor activities nearby.Private Hot Tub - Several of the bedrooms have their own patios and outdoor hot tubsGreat walks - Fantastic country walks on The Crab and Boar's doorstepFishing - Near to some of the country’s premier chalkstreamsSights nearby - Highclere Castle - The Real 'Downton Abbey'Recommended by - Sawdays
The Olde Bell Inn 48 rooms from £125Hurley, Berkshire
Hearty, old traditional inn. Unpretentious gastro-pub restaurant. Tennis courts and nearby walks on the Thames. Crisp bedrooms with lots of natural light.Secluded setting - For escaping.TraditionalQuirky - An experience!Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Sawdays