- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall
For some us a holiday isn’t a holiday unless we have the opportunity to treat ourselves to some fine food and drink. And I don’t blame you if you’re scrawling though hotel reviews waiting to see photos of the food and the restaurant. Especially when it comes to Cornish hotels. Now, thanks somewhat to Rick Stein, Cornwall is known for its food. Seafood is obviously dominant, but there are plenty of other locally sourced treasures on this menu of the best hotels for foodies in Cornwall.
Our Gurus have found a remote gastropub just up from Penzance which is definitely worth the walk to, a Michelin starred hideaway near Porscatho, a family friendly charmer in Rock and a luxurious, boutique-y, romantic treasure in Fowey.
The Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall
The Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall - The Classic Collection
- Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant has a collection of 39 beautiful, simple rooms attached. The decor is Cornish white and blue and you’re right on the sea by the fleet of fishermen. The restaurant doesn’t really need an introduction.
- The Driftwood Hotel near Portscatho has a Michelin starred restaurant, 14 light, nautical inspired rooms and a stunning location overlooking Gerrans Bay.
The Best Hotels in Cornwall for Foodies who want to Relax
- The St Enodoc Hotel in Rock has great views over the Camel Estuary, 16 modern, airy rooms and a lively restaurant serving healthy, innovative meals using seasonal and locally sourced produce.
- Gurnard's Head Hotel in Zennor is a charming Cornish Inn surrounded by breathtaking countryside. There are seven traditional rooms, plus the gastropub serving excellent locally sourced food, and a simple, characterful welcome, which makes this a very popular inn for walkers and those who want to escape.
The Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall - With Cooking Schools
- Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant offers cooking classes,
- but so does the Bedruthan Steps Hotel in Mawgan Porth, just north of Newquay. Its Herring Restaurant has a great reputation, and boasts fantastic views from the restaurant and some of the hundred odd rooms. This is also a great place for foodie families, with some cooking classes for kids too!
The Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall - For Romance
- The Old Quay House Hotel in Fowey is an exceptionally beautiful Cornish hotel. Its 11 rooms with their estuary views and contemporary charm are hard to beat, and you'll find another inventive Cornish restaurant specialising in amazing seafood. Perfect mini-break material.
- Just down the coast in St. Mawes is the Hotel Tresanton, a stylish spot with beautiful views from its 30 rooms and restaurant. Expect more seafood and locally sourced deliciousness.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels for foodies in Cornwall might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall, or
- contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.