- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Gloucestershire’s Best Pubs with Rooms
Gloucestershire is the green heart of England, a county of thatched cottage villages, architecturally splendid towns and cities and the lush Forest of Dean and gently rolling vistas of the Cotswolds. There are plenty of great old inns and elegantly refurbished pubs and restaurants with rooms in Gloucestershire, and Gloucestershire’s best pubs with rooms are some of the nicest places to stay in this county. There’s nothing like mingling with the locals, or exploring the region’s walking trails, and enjoying fine food and ale in the evenings without having to find your way back to your accommodation.
Our Guru’s recommendations for Gloucestershire’s best pubs with rooms includes a converted Georgian mansion in Chipping Campden and several walker’s idylls in postcard perfect Cotswolds villages.
Gloucestershire’s Best Pubs with Rooms
Gloucestershire’s Most Romantic Pubs with Rooms
- The Lion Inn in Winchcombe has been carefully decorated and has eight beautifully presented rooms which make the most of this charming building’s original features. In the warmer weather the restaurant and bar spill out onto the patio and there are a good selection of fine wines and real ales on offer.
Gloucestershire’s Best Pubs with Rooms for Walkers
- Close to the Cotswolds Way, The Seagrave Arms, in Chipping Campden is a double fronted Georgian property with some lovely original features - think flagstone floors and open fireplaces. Close to Stratford-upon-Avon and Cheltenham, and great for fisher-folk, plus the locally sourced food is top notch.
- The Horse and Groom is a sort of restaurant-with-rooms cum gastro-pub in picturesque Moreton in Marsh. The decor is quite modern and the five bedrooms are smart. And the food is award winning.
- The Ragged Cot is a lovely, 17th century inn in a beautiful spot overlooking 600 acres of National Trust land around Stroud. There are nine comfortable rooms and a modern bar and restaurant specialising in seafood.
Gloucestershire’s Best Family Friendly Pubs with Rooms
- Northleach’s The Wheatsheaf Inn is an old inn recently converted and imaginatively decorated. There are 14 comfortable rooms, great food, a pretty, enclosed garden, a rustic treatment rooms and a cask ale bar. Try the deviled kidneys from the breakfast menu.
- The Old Stocks Inn in pretty Stow on the Wold is a traditional country inn with a modern twist which caters well for families. There's a family room with triple bunk bed and games console and there's a great kids menu too.
Gloucestershire’s Best Value Pubs with Rooms
- Didmarton’s 17th Century King’s Arms coaching inn has a great position in the heart of the Cotswolds, and six, stylish rooms featuring Stubbs paintings and antique furniture. The food is great pub grub. Rooms start from around £75 per night.
- The Porch House in picturesque Stow on the Wold, claims to be Britain’s oldest inn, dating from around 947. It is Heritage Listed and definitely historic - think exposed beams, exposed stone walls and Nespresso machines in each of the 13 rooms. This is a great Cotswold’s base and very reasonably priced.
If you haven’t found your idea of Gloucestershires best pubs with rooms on our Guru’s list you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Gloucestershire,
- expand your search to include some great Wiltshire pubs with rooms,
- or all the best pubs with rooms in the South West,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Gloucestershire’s Best Pubs with Rooms
The Lion Inn 8 rooms from $169Winchcombe, Gloucestershire
The only thing ordinary about the Lion Inn is the name. Each of the eight rooms are beautifully presented with exposed beams and stone walls next to soft hues and knitted throws. There is an outdoor patio restaurant with seasonal menu and bar with fine wines and real ales.Great walks - The many Cotswold walking trails are on tjhe Lion Inn's doorstepSights nearby - The nearby Snowshill Manor is a warren of hidden treasures.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
The Seagrave Arms 8 rooms from $117Chipping Campden (Gloucestershire)
Dating back to 1740 this commanding double fronted Georgian property sits in a quintessentially Cotswolds village. Original features including flagstone floors, sash windows and open fireplaces are complemented with soft patterned linens and comfy beds. Locally sourced food is top notch.Fishing - Hook yourself a prize winning trout in the surrounding rivers and chalkstreams.Sights nearby - Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon are both no more than 20 minutes drive away.Great walks - Walk a portion of the famous Cotswolds Way.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Porch House 13 rooms from $116Stow on the Wold, The Cotswolds
Britain's Oldest Inn (c.947AD) offers thirteen comfortable and stylish rooms in its English Heritage listed building. Think exposed beams, exposed stone walls, roll top baths and Nespresso coffee machines as standard. The perfect base for exploring the Cotswolds and great value for money.Historic - C.947A.D. England's oldest Inn.Value chicOutstanding location - In the Cotswolds: Area of Outstanding Natural BeautySights nearby - Stow on the Wold, a picturesque market town.
Horse and Groom 5 rooms from $156Moreton in Marsh, The Cotswolds
Informal restaurant with rooms cum gastro pub in the now familiar mould; towny style, a buzzing bar and restaurant, and a small number of smart bedrooms. Five individually designed rooms in contemporary classic style, plus award winning food - a perfect laid back base for exploring Cotswold country.Local exploring - An ideal base for exploring the beautiful Cotswolds, with charming Moreton in Marsh just down the road.Sights nearby - Moreton in Marsh, Chipping Camden, Broadway and Stow on the Wold are all close byGreat walks - There is lovely walking for all abilities on the doorstep.TraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
The Wheatsheaf Inn 14 rooms from $169Northleach, The Cotswolds
Popular, luxurious and imaginatively decorated converted inn - of which the Cotswolds abounds. Except the rooms here are super comfortable and the food exceptional. Family friendly.Restaurant - Recommended.Great walks - Lovely local walks, and you can borrow their wellies.Romantic - Good for couples.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
The King's Arms 6 rooms from $111Didmarton, Gloucestershire
The King's Arms is a traditional 17th century coaching inn in the heart of the Cotswolds. Stylish rooms with feature walls of George Stubbs paintings, antique furniture, four posters & cosy sheepskin rugs. Or cottages for groups or families. Great British pub food, real ale and excellent value too!Value chic - At the King's Arms stylish rooms which can be had for as little as £75 per night B&B.Local exploring - Ideal if you want to explore the wider Cotswolds.Sights nearby - A wide range of places to visit close by including Badminton House, Highgrove House and Westonbirt ArboretumGreat walks - The Cotswolds is great walking country and there are many routes close by the King's Arms
Old Stocks Inn 18 rooms from $129Stow on the Wold, The Cotswolds
A traditional country inn with a modern twist. This boutique hotel has 16 stylish bedrooms with big comfortable beds and contemporary Scandinavian design features. A bright yellow roll top bath and cosy patterned throws. Artisan coffee, a garden pizza oven and good modern British food.Local exploring - Perfectly located for exploring the CotswoldsSights nearby - Chastleton House, Blenheim Palace and all the beautiful Cotswold villages in the surrounding area.Great walks - Good local walks right from the doorstepRecommended by - Sawdays