10 of the Best Hotels in Downtown Manhattan, New York
An exhilarating, energetic, eclectic melting pot, New York is a truly cosmopolitan city, where every language is spoken, every race represented and every cuisine is on the menu. And the best hotels in Downtown Manhattan reflect that variety.
As you'd expect in such a vibrant place, the best hotels in Downtown Manhattan come with a vastly varied price list. But there’s really nowhere like Downtown Manhattan to experience, and the only way to experience New York is in one of our Guru’s recommendations for 10 of the best hotels in Downtown Manhattan.
10 of the Best Hotels in Downtown Manhattan
Classic New York Hotels in Downtown Manhattan
- The Gramercy Park Hotel is a luxurious boutique hotel right by Gramercy Park, with an award winning roof terrace restaurant overlooking the park and an impressive art collection which includes Warhol and Damien Hirst.
- The Mercer is another New York classic, offering the ultimate in SoHo design chic and a world-class restaurant.
The Best City Break Hotels in Downtown Manhattan
- The SoHo Grand Hotel is a sumptuous option with stunning views, renowned decor and acclaimed cuisine.
- While the Washington Square Hotel is a historic hotel in Greenwich village, with Art Deco details, subtly lit rooms and a great restaurant.
The Hippest Hotels in Downtown Manhattan
- Sixty Soho is a hip SoHo hotel with a phenomenal rooftop bar and restaurant,
- or try Soho House, for exclusive luxury in the Meatpacking district with an even more fantastic rooftop terrace and pool, a deluxe spa and a 44-seat cinema.
The Best Hotels in Downtown Manhattan for City Buzz
- The Bowery Hotel is a fun and lively destination in an up-an-coming district,
- or you could go for the The Standard in the uber cool Meatpacking District, with it’s ceiling to floor windows offering views across the whole buzzing scene.
- The Tribeca Grand is another of our buzziest and best Manhattan hotels with an in-house cinema, funky roof-top terrace, regular live music and plenty of luxury.
The Best Hotels on Wall Street
- The Andaz Wall Street is worth a mention as the only hotel with a Wall Street address. It’s hip and happening and has a fantastic spa and bar.
If you haven’t found the best hotel in Downtown Manhattan on our Guru’s list of 10 you could try:
- Expanding your search to include our list of the best places to stay in New York? or our Guru's recommendations for 40 of the Best Hotels in Manhattan?
- Or you coud try our Guru's recommendations for 7 of the Best Midtown Manhattan Hotels? or 5 of the Best Uptown Manhattan Hotels?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
10 of the Best Hotels in Downtown Manhattan
Gramercy Park Hotel New York 185 rooms from £272LuxurySights nearby - Just a short stroll away you will find New Yorks most famous site, The Empire State Building.Great walks - Take a turn around the lovely Gramercy Park literally on the hotels doorstep.Views - Gorgeous views of Gramercy ParkRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
The Bowery Hotel New York 135 rooms from £308Close to nightlife - Bowery Ballroom and Mercury Lounge are just 800m away, as well as a whole range of hip bars and clubs.Local exploring - This trendy district is full of exciting sites and areas to explore by foot or by bike.Lively - More for revelry than for pampering.Great walks - The hip and trendy East Village is best explored on foot, wander the streets or ask at reception for a good route!Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
A young, hip and delightfully atmospheric hotel in the trendy East Village. Chic and comfortable rooms with large windows providing plenty of light and splendid views. The vintage bars and restaurants are full of old world charm. A fun and lively destination in an up and coming district. See More
The Mercer New York 75 rooms from £542Foodies - The automatic table reservation at chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Mercer Kitchen is worth its weight in gold.Families - Interconnecting family suites and babysitting services.Outstanding location - Located in bustling downtown Soho.Local markets - Walk to the south-east of the hotel and you'll stumble across Little Italy and Chinatown, both well worth a visit.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Sixty Soho New York (Soho) 97 rooms from £245Restaurant - Acclaimed restaurant - a paean to Thai cuisine.Roof terrace - Rooftop barGreat walks - Learn about the Lower East Side’s rich immigrant history on foot during a guided tour at the Tenement Museum on Orchard Street.Local markets - Wander down to Chinatown, under two Km away, and check out all this dynamic area has to offer.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Washington Square Hotel New York Downtown 150 rooms from £194Local exploring - Right in Greenwich Village, this is an ideal spot for exploring Manhattan by foot.Local markets - Check out the streets of China Town, packed with stalls and shops of every description.Sights nearby - All within a few minutes walk are Madison Square Gardens and Little Italy.Outstanding location - On the edge of Washington Square Park.Recommended by - Frommers
Soho House New York New York 24 rooms from £396Bar - Rooftop bar situated near rooftop pool.Swimming Pool - Heated rooftop pool with barRoof terraceCity StyleRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Exclusive luxury in lower Manhattan's hip Meatpacking district. Fantastic rooftop terrace with pool, 44-seater cinema, and delux spa. Soho House is the epitome of cool. What more could you want from a trendy trip to NYC. Enjoy the Soho House restaurant, bar and Cowshed spa. See More
Andaz Wall Street New York City 253 rooms from £394Romantic Break - A stylish choice- loft-style rooms featuring pillow menus and king sized beds and downstairs a hip bar and yummy restaurant.City Style - A slick hotel set in an historic NYC neighborhood- trendy rough brick walls mixed with glossy finishes and lavish fittings.Great walks - Close to New Yorks famous Central Park, a breath of fresh air in the city centre.Sights nearby - Walking distance from ferries to the Statue of Liberty and Governor's Island.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
The only hotel with an address on Wall Street, placing it at the epicenter of the Financial District. Large loft style rooms with seriously luxurious bathrooms. A hip restaurant using farm fresh produce, trendy bar and a glorious spa. A boutique hotel with a chains knowledge. See More
The Standard New York (Meatpacking District) 338 rooms from £365Romantic Break - Wonderfully indulgent suites feature romantic stand alone baths with stunning views and downstairs expect wonderful cuisine.City Style - A super trendy creation by Andre Balazs- achingly hip and housing one of New York's most sought after nightlife spots.Views - Great views of the skyline and Hudson BayRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Fodors, Kiwi Collection
Oh-so chic rooms in the edgy ambient neighbourhood of Lower West Side. Ceiling to floor windows offer stunning views across New York, even from your bath tub. Hip all American food at the hotel restaurant and a 'to be seen in' bar. A hyper-modern way to experience New York. See More
SoHo Grand Hotel New York 355 rooms from £300Rooms with balcony/terrace - Two sprawling penthouse loftsSights nearby - Central location means sights of New York are on your doorstepDesigner - Interior designs by celebrated interior designer Bill SofieldLively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
The Roxy Hotel Tribeca New York 203 rooms from £242Pet friendly - Pets can stay with no additional chargeCity Style - Luxurious downtown chicSpa - Aire Ancient Baths, located just one block from the hotelHouse party feel - Noise from the lively bar downstairsRecommended by - Tablet
The SoHo Grand’s cooler little sister - the ultimate in downtown chic. The in-house cinema, live music and suave roof top terrace all attract a fashionista crowd. Sleek, mid-century modern rooms, fitted with the latest technology. The relaxing Aire Ancient Baths are located just one block away. See More