9 of SoHo’s Best Hotels
SoHo has long been known to draw a hip crowd. Filled with some of New York's best designer boutiques, trendy bars, high-end dining and art galleries, you will find much of what you want to visit within walking distance. The area is synonymous with converted warehouse spaces in which Soho's best hotels lie. Expect enormous light-filled spaces and very chic design. Our hotel experts have scanned the area to bring you a collection of their favourite SoHo hotels based on their design, amenities, and service. So, why not browse through our collection to start planning your trip?
For a hip stay
- The Mercer is an iconic New York hotel offering the ultimate in SoHo chic. If you dream of being an arty New Yorker living in a fantastic loft apartment, then this is the place to stay to live out your dream, surrounded by artistic cool and modernist designs. The Kitchen restaurant is another institution.
For a boutique
- The Broome is an intimate boutique hotel. Rooms are at once homely yet very stylish with crisp white walls and sheets, enormous factory-style windows, and retro furniture. With hearty breakfasts and a lovely courtyard, this is a convenient city crashpad.
For a design hotel
- Arlo Soho is a 325 room boutique hotel with plenty of light and plenty of beautiful wood furniture. Rooms have their own fridge, or you can enjoy a drink and excellent food in the rooftop bar. The best rooms have a balcony with an incredible view. If you like mid-century design you’ll like it here.
- Right on Canal Street, on the edge of SoHo and Chinatown, 11 Howard is another super chic Scandi-style design hotel. The floors are oak, the ceilings high, the restaurant French — with a Michelin star — and the art is original and contemporary.
For epic city views
- The SoHo Grand Hotel is a sumptuous, elegantly designed 353 room hotel — think the gilded cage of the 1870s meets the luxe fashion of the 1970s! Perfect for your average ultra-chic New Yorker, with the original artworks, the stylish bar, sophisticated club and acclaimed restaurant.
- The Hotel Hugo is a retro delight, with 122 rooms designed by architect Marcello Pozzi and decorated with custom-made Italian furnishings. You’re on the edge of SoHo with views of the Hudson River and the skyline of Downtown Manhattan, which you can really enjoy from the double storey rooftop bar.
- Crosby Street Hotel is an achingly cool, 86 room SoHo hotel loved by celebrities and design addicts for its chic Kit Kemp interiors. You’re surrounded by cool, with original art on the walls and an impressive list of celebrity guests (including James Bond himself), yet the hotel is on quite a quiet street, and the main event of most rooms are the floor-to-ceiling views of Manhattan’s skyline.
- Nomo Soho is a luxury hotel boasting a curated collection of vintage and contemporary art. Stylish rooms are decorated in white and blue hues and boast luxe bathrooms and epic city views. Complete with an American restaurant serving creative dishes and superb cocktails. A hip luxury choice.
For great value
- Sixty SoHo is a hip and stylish place to lay your head. Its chic rooms are full of individual details, like artworks by Harland Miller and selected literature. The phenomenal bar and restaurant are incentive enough to stay here, and it's a lively spot to see and be seen. Yet rooms can be pretty reasonable if you're visiting in a quiet time of year.
Still not sure where to book?
- Try expanding your search to include our list of the best places to stay in New York, or our Guru’s recommendations for Manhattan's Best Hotels
- Or you could consider our list of 4 of the best hotels in Greenwich Village, right next door. or the Best East Village Hotels.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The Mercer New York 75 rooms from £542Foodies - The automatic table reservation at chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Mercer Kitchen is worth its weight in gold.Families - Interconnecting family suites and babysitting services.Outstanding location - Located in bustling downtown Soho.Local markets - Walk to the south-east of the hotel and you'll stumble across Little Italy and Chinatown, both well worth a visit.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Arlo Soho New York 325 rooms from £238City Style - Arlo Hudson Square is the ultimate 'micro-hotel' oozing contemporary cool from its sleek, comfortable tight fit rooms!Local exploring - Make the most of your Soho location to see all that this amazing city has to offerGreat walks - Wander around the city taking in its incredible buzz or head for a stroll through Central ParkSights nearby - Be sure to see the Empire State Building, Ellis Island and Ground ZeroRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The designer Arlo Hudson Square is located in Soho, Lower Manhattan. Boutique and light-filled accommodation with plenty of wooden influences. Rooms come with a fridge and some even have balconies. Enjoy a drink and the excellent food at the rooftop bar! A fun and friendly city stay. See More
11 Howard New York (NY) 213 rooms from £421City Style - A super stylish hotel focused on clever Scandinavian design and original artworks, right in the heart of SoHoFoodies - Le Coucou, the hotel's restaurant by chef Daniel Rose, has recently been awarded its first Michelin StarSights nearby - You are right in the heart of this historic district of SoHo, iconic for its cobblestone streets and cast-iron buildingsRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Design Hotels, Tablet
A design and art focused Scandi-chic hotel in New York's iconic SoHo district. The crisp interiors feature neutral tones, original works by Hiroshi Sugimoto, Katie Yang and Dan Attoe. Oak floors and high ceilings set the tone in the excellent Michelin stared French restaurant. An uber cool spot. See More
SoHo Grand Hotel New York 355 rooms from £300Rooms with balcony/terrace - Two sprawling penthouse loftsSights nearby - Central location means sights of New York are on your doorstepDesigner - Interior designs by celebrated interior designer Bill SofieldLively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Hotel Hugo New York (Soho) 122 rooms from £180Local exploring - Times Square, Central Park and Broadway are all only a few miles away and the Hudson is even closer: perfect for local exploringCity Style - Located in SoHo, NYC's downtown shopping district with plenty of designer brands, and 2.4 miles from Times Square.Views - Deluxe rooms on the West side of the buiding have brilliant views of the Hudson River, as does the roof terrace.Restaurant - Authentic Italian with private dining beside a vertical garden. Azul with 360-degree rooftop views & Cuban cantina vibe.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Retro hotel decorated with custom-made Italian furnishings, designed by renowned architect Marcello Pozzi, located on the edge of the bustling shopping district of Soho. Brilliant views of the Hudson river and downtown skyline & a double-level rooftop bar. Stylish, sophisticated and spacious rooms. See More
Sixty Soho New York (Soho) 97 rooms from £245Restaurant - Acclaimed restaurant - a paean to Thai cuisine.Roof terrace - Rooftop barGreat walks - Learn about the Lower East Side’s rich immigrant history on foot during a guided tour at the Tenement Museum on Orchard Street.Local markets - Wander down to Chinatown, under two Km away, and check out all this dynamic area has to offer.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Broome New York 14 rooms from £126Local exploring - Inside SoHo's landmark cast-iron buildings you will find artists' lofts, design ateliers, and some of the finest diningCity Style - The Broome is located in the historic SoHo neighborhood- a buzzing fashion & dining districtSights nearby - Visit the Skyline a landscaped trail dotted with plants, benches, public art installations and views of the Hudson RiverGreat walks - Visit Madison Square Garden a beautiful tree-filled park, with commanding views of the city's oldest skyscrapers
An intimate boutique hotel set in the heart of the vibrant district of SoHo. Elegant and tranquil rooms & suites have crisp white linens, sound-proof windows, and marble bathrooms with rainfall showers. Enjoy complimentary farm-to-table breakfasts in the Mediterranean-inspired courtyard. City chic. See More
Nomo Soho New York 263 rooms from £87Local exploring - SoHo is infused with creativity, evocative expression, and artistic dedicationRestaurant - Guests receive $15 Daily Dining credit to NoMo Kitchen which offers a rustic American menu with global influencesSights nearby - Little Italy and various art galleries and shops are within a 5-minute walkSpa - In-room spa services can be arranged
A luxury hotel, boasting a curated collection of vintage and contemporary art, set in the heart of Soho. Accommodation features bright blue and white hues, floor-to-ceiling windows and indulgent marble showers. Nomo kitchen is open for all day dining and cocktails. A stylish city pad. See More