The Best East Village Hotels
The East Village is one of New York's most dynamic districts and the perfect option to stay for those who want to be surrounded by nightlife and a hip young scene. Once a haven for artists and also the birthplace of punk, the area has kept its alternative roots but, with a little gentrification, there are also a good range of restaurants and bars amidst the grungier (but hip) night venues. During the day, expect to find independent boutiques, vintage stores, and record shops. The best East Village hotels are very reflective of the area with several stylish independent boutiques and converted loft spaces. Our hotel experts have hand selected their favourite, so why not browse through our collection to start planning your next trip?
For a hip stay
- The Bowery Hotel is a hip and delightfully atmospheric hotel in the trendy East Village, with 135 chic-yet-comfortable-loft-style rooms and suites with large windows, and more often than not great views. There’s a vintage-decorated bar and restaurant.
- The Ludlow is a stylish hotel with a touch of the avant garde about it. It’s not small, there are 184 rooms and suites, but all the rooms have great vintage details, like handmade silk rugs and Moroccan lamps. These rooms also have huge casement windows. There’s a bar, a cosy lounge and a French bistro.
- Moxy NYC East Village is a cool boutique stay offering stylish, yet affordable, rooms with epic city views. With the choice of three bars (serving particularly good cocktails) and a noteworthy French restaurant, this is the perfect option for the young and trendy.
- PUBLIC is a five star hotel without the faff. It’s all about the public spaces here. There are huge windows and great design tricks wherever you look, and a fantastic boutique in the lobby where you can buy all sorts of lovely local art/craft/clothing etc.
Still not sure where to book?
- Try expanding your search to include our list of the best places to stay in New York or our Guru’s recommendations for 40 of Manhattan's Best Hotels.
- Or you could consider our list of 4 of the best hotels in Greenwich Village, right next door
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The Bowery Hotel New York 135 rooms from £308Close to nightlife - Bowery Ballroom and Mercury Lounge are just 800m away, as well as a whole range of hip bars and clubs.Local exploring - This trendy district is full of exciting sites and areas to explore by foot or by bike.Lively - More for revelry than for pampering.Great walks - The hip and trendy East Village is best explored on foot, wander the streets or ask at reception for a good route!Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
A young, hip and delightfully atmospheric hotel in the trendy East Village. Chic and comfortable rooms with large windows providing plenty of light and splendid views. The vintage bars and restaurants are full of old world charm. A fun and lively destination in an up and coming district. See More
The Ludlow New York (Lower East Side) 184 rooms from £266Local exploring - The Lower East Side neighbourhood of Manhattan is the perfect choice for anyone interested in nightlife and restaurants.Foodies - Dirty French is a recent offering from the Major Food Group, and promises an exciting twist on classic French cuisine.City Style - Close to the shopping in SoHo and the landmark Brooklyn Bridge, and offering spectacular views of the iconic skyline.Restaurant - Gallic bistro the Dirty French, furnished with vintage decoration to channel French chic style.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Stylish hotel with a touch of the avant garde in the trendy Lower East Side. Large casement windows flood natural light into the rooms furnished with vintage items such as handmade silk rugs and Moroccan lamps. It also features a trellised garden bar, cosy lounge and authentic French bistro. See More
PUBLIC New York 397 rooms from £308Value chic - A supremley luxurious hotel, without being a 'luxury hotel'- they have trimmed the fat from a 5*hotel and left you with the leanCity Style - See and be seen- the sleek and chic public spaces are filled with glamorous, beautiful people doing interesting thingsLocal markets - The lobby boutique offers a fabulous collection of local clothing, books and accessories from independent suppliersFull of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
A revolutionary hotel on the trendy Lower East Side. It's all about public spaces here, from the cafe-bar-boutique that replaces the lobby, to the rooftop bar boasting panoramic views and the vibrant New York-centric restaurant. Add floor-to-ceiling windows and clever design tricks in the rooms. See More
Moxy NYC East Village New York (East Village) 286 rooms from £88City - Situated in NYC's East Village, the Lower Manhattan neighbourhood synomous with rock ‘n’ roll, outsider art and LGBTQ+ activismCity Style - Each floor draws inspiration from a different era in East Village's history - from the earliest settlers to modern dayLocal exploring - The East Village is a place infused with the spirit of rebellion and the creative, experimental, edge of youthSights nearby - Located directly across from famed music venue Webster Hall and just blocks from Union Square and New York University
A trendy boutique hotel situated in East Village, the neighbourhood synonymous with the birth of the American counterculture. Cosy, stylish and affordable rooms offer walk-in rain showers and stunning city views. Sip artisan cocktails at one of the three bars and dine on French cuisine. A hip stay. See More