Search the best hotels in Calvi
Private yachts pop over to Calvi's grand sweep of a sandy bay from Nice and Cannes, adding a bit of French Riviera sparkle to this historic Corsican port. At one end of Calvi's five miles of shoreline is the 15th Century Citadel, an incredibly picturesque welcome when you're approaching by ferry. Our selection of the best places to stay in Calvi includes a characterful B&B on the outskirts of town, a contemporary chic foodie haven and two five star luxury hotels.
Calvi's climate is slightly more Italian than French, but the cuisine is all Corsican which is wonderfully aromatic, with many of the wild herb flavours sourced from the hills behind the town.
It's here in the lush countryside that you will also find pretty villages, and many specialists live here producing wine, cheese, olive oil and wild boar.
With its coastal location, there are ample opportunities to get wet - diving near the Scandola Island, sailing, kayaking, hiring of jet-skis or even a catamaran.
What Not To Miss
- The Citadel beckons visitors, but its steps and cobbles will make you really work for it. There is an art gallery as well as some shops and cafes about half way up to keep you going. But when you see the views from the top you'll be glad you made the effort!
- Scandola Island, a UNESCO listed Marine Heritage Site just off the coast is also worth a visit. Several companies run trips out to the island, where you can see dolphins and seals, beautiful corals, an impressively large collection of seaweeds and lots of birds.
- Calvi has plenty of sand for all, but if you are here for the beaches and you fancy a change go round the headland to St. Restitude beach. This charming, secluded spot is a favourite of those who arrive by yacht and has all the mod. cons. including an excellent little waterside restaurant.
- If you fancy a bit of exploring then take the train along the coast to Île Rousse, a beautiful spot with many beaches and the lovely Parc de Saleccia Botanical Garden.
Planning to visit during the popular summer months? Then be sure to book well ahead if you want to guarantee a bed in one of the best places to stay in Calvi!
- The Manor is a fantastic little B&B with stone walls, marble floors, huge arched windows and amazing views. You are slightly out of Calvi, but still within walking distance of the best restaurants.
- Chez Charles is contemporary and chic, with a modern spa and a Michelin starred restaurant. Soak up the views as you tuck into the gourmet cuisine - what more could you ask for?
For Romantic Getaways
- Hotel La Signoria is an elegant 5* in a glorious setting, with wonderful mountain views. Stay in stunning rooms filled with antiques and Corsican tiled bathrooms. There's also a large pool and a spoiling spa. Truly indulgent.
- Another lovely 5* is La Villa, Calvi, which boasts chic minimalist accommodation and no less than five outdoor pools! With excellent Corsican cuisine served up and a in peaceful setting, it's the ideal spot for a romantic getaway.
For An Apartment Or Holiday Villa
- If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Calvi is at its best in the summer, the average daily temperature rising to 24°C in July and August. However, this is peak season, so if you want to avoid the crowds but still enjoy the weather then September is a good time to visit.
- International visitors can fly to Calvi Airport. From there, take a bus or a taxi towards your final destination.
- There is a good ferry service from Nice to Calvi.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Calvi.
- Alternatively, take a look at our full list of recommendations in Corsica.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Calvi
Best Hotels in Calvi
The Manor, Corsica Calvi, Corsica 4 rooms from CA$161Beach LifeViews - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel La Signoria Calvi 24 rooms from CA$236Romantic Break - Mountain views, secluded pool, beaches nearby and hidden coves to take picnics toSights nearby - Calvi's 13th-century Genoese citadelGreat walks - Cirque de BonifatoSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Mr & Mrs Smith, Michelin Travel
An elegant Five Star hotel with mountain views. Stunning rooms feature antique furniture, artworks and coloured walls, all with Corsican tiled bathrooms. Quiet outdoor pool, gym and spa. Excellent fresh produce cuisine, intimate bar area with leather furniture. Sophisticated, luxury and laid back. See More
La Villa, Calvi Calvi 49 rooms from CA$293Families - Choice of pools, plenty of child accessories (monitors etc), family atmosphere in this chic hotelRomantic Break - Laid back luxury, 5 different pools, beaches, fresh seafood suppers and unexplored covesOn an islandGreat walks - Through the "The Garden of Corsica"Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel