Love The Hotel Guru ! Jackie Maillard.
Search the best hotels in Vico Equense
About Vico Equense
A coastal town often overlooked by tourists, Vico Equense has everything you want from Italy. Perched on the Sorrentine Peninsula, in the Bay of Naples and in the shadow of Mount Faito, with a gorgeous historic centre sitting on a clifftop. It boasts beautiful beaches, gelato shops and pizzerias selling pizza by the metre! Inhabited since antiquity, it was a favourite summer haunt of wealthy Romans keen to escape the humdrum of city life and enjoy the therapeutic qualities of the local sulphurous springs. Fortunately, it remains steeped in layers of history: medieval towers, dozens of old and serene churches - including a marvellous Gothic cathedral overlooking the sea - and of course a 13th century castle, while out in the countryside lie countless countryside estates where you can stop for a sumptuous lunch. Picturesque and jam-packed with culture, it is a great place for families, history-lovers and cultural-gluttons. The best places to stay in Vico Equense are gorgeous little boutiques facing the sea, oozing with Old World charm, sophistication and romance.
What not to miss
- Sunbathe on one of the beautiful beaches surrounding the town.
- Head to a local pizzeria and enjoy one of their famous metre-long pizzas.
- Visit the haunting ruins of nearby Pompeii.
- Check out the Cathedral of Santa Maria Annunziata, a 14th century Gothic cathedral with an ornate pink Baroque facade, sitting on a rocky point overlooking the sea.
- See the 13th century Castello Giusso.
- Visit the nearby hilltop village of Massaquano, famous for the Capello di Santa Lucia's fresco cycles.
A beautiful destination ideal for families, couples and history-lovers alike. Find out more by browsing our collection of the best places to stay in Vico Equense.
The best places to stay in Vico Equense
- Hotel Torre Barbara is a gorgeous hotel overlooking the Bay of Naples painted in a cheery yellow with an attractive leafy garden and pool. Interiors have a classic contemporary style, exuding a freshness ideal for the climate. Smart rooms are in a palette of sea blues, some with eye-catching tiling. A real gem.
- Capo la Gala is a five star hotel set in the cliff face. Boasting a Michelin star restaurant with sea hanging terrace. The oh so chic rooms and suites offer private balconies and dipping pools, and there is a luxurious spa. Extremely romantic, extremely indulgent.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the late spring, between March and May, when the temperature ranges between 13 and 26 degrees.
- Fly to Naples, and get the shuttle bus to the station, from where you can get a train to Vico Equense, taking roughly 1 hour; the taxi ride takes 45 minutes.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Vico Equense
Hotel Torre Barbara 80066 Seiano di Vico Equense NA 18 rooms from CA$199
A gorgeous hotel overlooking the Bay of Naples painted in a cheery yellow with an attractive leafy garden and pool. Interiors are in a classic contemporary style, exuding a freshness ideal for the climate. Smart rooms are in a palette of sea blues, some with eyecatching, bold tiling. A real gem.Local exploring - A great base to experience stunning veiws over the Bay of Naples and explore the many hidden gems of the areaSights nearby - Head to stunning Positano, built into the rockface or Amalfi, for its famous cathedralSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolBack to NatureRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Capo la Gala Vico Equense (Vico Equense, Sorrento) 22 rooms from CA$481
La Dolce Vita in this Five Star hotel set in the cliff face. Michelin star restaurant with sea hanging terrace, oh so chic rooms and suites with private balconies and dipping pools, and a luxurious spa. Extremely romantic, extremely indulgent.Foodies - Michelin starred.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakTotal relaxationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith