- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Amalfi Coast
Search the best hotels in The Amalfi Coast
About The Amalfi Coast
Easily accessible from Naples airport - and reached via a thrillingly winding cliffside road - this fifty mile stretch of coastline is just littered with beautiful towns and resorts, so it can be very, very difficult deciding on the best places to stay on the Amalfi Coast.
The beauty of the Amalfi Coast is legendary. Elegant, colourful towns cling to steep hillsides with postcard perfection. Crenelated lines of cliffs sheer down into glittering seas via promising coves and the green hilltops are scented with lemon.
As well the the legendary beauty, the Amalfi Coast is also home to some beautiful legends - namely the Sirens of Homer's 'Odyssey'. And why would these ladies of surpassingly loveliness choose to live anywhere but under these clear, bright blue skies and pretty harbours.
Our Amalfi Coast Collections:
- The Most Romantic Hotels on the Amalfi Coast
- The Best Beach Hotels on the Amalfi Coast
- Great Value Hotels on the Amalfi Coast
- The Best Hotel Views on the Amalfi Coast
- The Best Luxury Hotels on the Amalfi Coast
- The Best Family Hotels on the Amalfi Coast
What not to Miss
- Sorrento, one of Amalfi's most famous towns was named after the Sirens. Called 'the jewel of the Amalfi Coast', there are actually a number of rivals to this moniker.
- Positano is the darling of location scouts and postcard photographers, while polished hilltop charmer, Ravello has both the views and the famous literary credentials.
- Amalfi itself is a delight with white-washed alleyways, flower-filled balconies and a sandy beach.
- Maiori is a great choice for families with its large beach, Conca dei Marini boasts a stunning location and has an exclusive feel to it, whilst Praiano is the town to visit if you like things a bit quieter (most people head on to neighbouring Positano). But really it would be a shame not to see them all…
Don't forget that this is a hugely popular region, so if you want to bag one of the best places to stay in the Amalfi Coast, you'll have get organised and book well ahead.
Best places to stay in the Amalfi Coast
Sorrento overlooks the Bay of Naples and on to Capri, Naples and Mount Vesuvius. It's this view which makes it one of the best places to stay on the Amalfi Coast. Sorrento is also a warm and colourful town, with an impressive Duomo, an excellent arts and crafts museum, and mellow, sunlit piazzas to meander through towards markets and boutiques.
- Once a private palace, the Bellevue Syrene has been romantically refurbished so that it's now a palace for many. With rambling terraces, breathtaking views, marble floors, vaulted ceilings, private pools and a private beach.
- Capo la Gala offers five star luxury cut into the cliff face with a hanging sea terrace, Michelin starred restaurant and a myriad of spa treatments. The Michelin star restaurant means it's also one for foodies.
- Maison la Minervetta is a fun, boutique hotel with a nautical theme. Only 15 minutes stroll from the centre of town, the views are excellent.
- The Villa Eliana is outside Sorrento, but with views of pretty Sorrento and the gulf beyond means it deserves inclusion. Originally built in the 60s as a private vila for the wife of a Neapolitan ship-builder, the house has fab. retro architecture, modern decor and just six rooms.
- The Palazzo Marziale is a traditional townhouse with 10 colourfully decorated rooms with a retro but elegantly Italian vibe. You are close to local cafes and restaurants and they have a great cafe in house.
The Pleasures of Positano
Location scouts go weak at the knees when they round the bend in the Amalfi Coast road and spy Positano nestled in the cliffs, rising like a staircase from the bright blue sea towards the citrus and olive groves. Positano's unbleached peach and pink buildings are stacked so neatly with windows poking above the buildings in front that there are plenty of properties with exquisite views. Some of the best views are of the town itself.
- Built atop a hill, the Villa Franca has truly sublime views of Positano and beyond, especially from the private balconies and the rooftop terrace and swimming pool.
- The Villa Magia is a superb six room boutique hotel with stunning views and tasteful artwork. The rest of the decor is simple and elegant and there are some lovey antiques. There is a lovely pool and spa.
- The Marincanto offers views with added chic. A smart, boutique feel, pale decor and an infinity pool which seems to merge with the sea.
- The centrally located Palazzo Murat has been converted from a 17th Century townhouse and is a romantic, luxurious, bougainvillea strewn option.
- Villa La Tartana is perfect if you prefer a small hotel There are just ten rooms and one family sized apartment and the proportions are generous, just like the breakfasts served on the terrace.
- Miramare is another good choice for families - though you need a head for heights - the private beach is 210 steps below the glassed-in breakfast terrace.
Wagner, D.H. Lawrence, Virginia Woolf and Gore Vidal all spent time here, and they're not the only people to argue that Ravello's views of the coastline are the best on the coast. This is a green and leafy town with an other-worldly romantic atmosphere. The light and architecture have ensured that it's a popular spot with artists as well as writers.
- The Palazzo Avino oozes 1930s Italian film star glamour. Perched on a cliff overlooking fishing villages and pretty bays. This hotel is five star luxury from the two Michelin starred restaurant to the open air gym. This is a once in a lifetime place to stay.
- Villa Maria is also a good spot for foodies, view-lovers and romantics. High end but more laid back, they even run cooking classes.
- Ravello is know for the gardens and Villa Cimbrone adds to this fame with a beautiful botanical garden which sprawls towards the cliff face. Inside the design is stylish and romantic.
For Once in a Lifetime
- Il San Pietro di Positano is spectacular. Five stars worth of vaulted-ceilings, private beach, private balcony, gorgeous infinity pool and sumptuous rooms. All with a view, of course.
- Converted from a monastery, there's nothing monastic about Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa now. The celestial views from its perch on a cliff top are to die for and the hotel captures the essence of "la dolce vita" with its location, understated but immaculate style and incredible spa facilities.
- Hotel Santa Caterina in Amalfi is luxury in a stunning spot with a private beach reached by a glass lift with travels through the cliff face!
- Le Sirenuse in Positano is an 18th Century palazzo turned family run hotel with a Michelin starred restaurant and a collection of beautiful balconies and terraces.
- The Villa Treville is just along the coast from Positano and is a 15 suite hotel converted from an opulent estate property. There are plenty of ornate tiles and marble and a private beach, perfect views and the feeling off being the guest in someone’s beautiful home.
- Perfect for anyone who can afford it, the beautiful Bell Epoque era Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria has a fabulous spot overlooking the gulf. There are 91 rooms and suites - some of a very generous size -plenty of history and a romantic restaurant.
- One of the best places for families is the Grand Hotel La Medusa. It has great views of Vesuvius from the huge pool terrace and is comfortable and elegant. With rooms starting from £100 a night it's also a good option if you're on a budget.
For Great Value
- The Lidomare, just down the cliffs from Ravello is both a cosy hotel and charming family home with high ceilings, antiques and tiled floors. Rooms start at £86 per night, so this a great family beach holiday choice.
- The Grand Hotel La Medusa in Sorrento is reasonably priced with rooms starting from £100 per night, is very comfortable and has excellent views of Vesuvius.
- Positano’s four room Villa Yiara is a chic and charming B&B with yellow and white decor and magnificent views from private terraces. Some rooms have baths or hot tubs too. Rooms start from around £100 per night.
- Or you might stay in one of the Villa Rosa's 12 rooms, which have some of the very best Mediterranean views imaginable from their big balconies where breakfast is served. Rooms are large and white with aquamarine tiles on the floor. Rooms start from around £105 per night.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com
- Naples Airport is the nearest airport to the Amalfi Coast and from here you have a choice of travelling by car, train, bus or ferry to most of the main towns and ports we’ve mentioned.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you want to really see this spectacular region - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Despite summer being one of the most popular times to visit the Amalfi Coast, it’s very hot in July and August, so if you’re not just looking for a sunny stretch of sand and you have a choice about when to travel you might want to opt for May, June or September.
Still not sure?
- Consider refining your search to the best places to stay in Sorrento,
- Or the best places to stay in Positano,
- Or maybe the Most Romantic Hotels on the Amalfi Coast?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in The Amalfi Coast
Villa San Michele, Ravello 12 rooms from £88Ravello
Set into the rugged Amalfi coastline with a ladder leading directly into the Tyrrhenian Sea. Mediterranean style rooms have nautical palettes and traditional blue and white tiled floors, local artworks and private balconies. There is a sunny terrace where lots of local fish and breakfast is served.Sailing - Take a boat trip to the famous archaeological site of Pompeii - not just for history buffs!Great walks - Follow in the footsteps of the gods along 'The Path of the Gods' from Agerola to Positano.Sights nearby - The Duomo (Cathedral) of Ravello houses impressive mosaics and museum.Fishing - For bluefish and tuna in the charming port town of Cetara.
Diecisedici 6 rooms from £88Amalfi
A chic B&B in a medieval building renovated with Italian design and furnishings. Rooms are sea facing, decorated in a traditional style and with plenty of creature comforts. Great location just behind the Cathedral. Experience the real Amalfi feel.Local exploring - Close by to beaches, historical buildings, monuments and museumsValue chic - Heavy on stlye, easy on the pocketGreat walks - There are several hikes in the area connecting other enchanting villagesPrivate Hot Tub - In the Suite Room Category
Villa Lara, Amalfi 7 rooms from £88Amalfi
A charming little villa perched on a cliff just above Amalfi. Contemporary and simple decoration throughout, with vaulted ceilings and Majolica tiles. A lovely breakfast terrace with breathtaking views over the bay of Amalfi. Massages on request & within easy reach of the beach. Excellent value.Views - Stunning views out towards the bay of Amalfi and over the town.Value chicSights nearby - Revello, Naples, Salerno, Pompeii all within easy distances.Restrictions on children - Over 10s onlyRecommended by - CN Traveller
Lidomare 18 rooms from £92Amalfi
A cosy hotel and charming family home. Traditional high-ceilinged rooms with antiques, large bookcases, cabinets of figurines, tiled floors and white washed walls. Very well priced. A homely choice for a beach holiday.Beach Life - A two minute walk to the beach and lovely views across the Amalfi Coast from the bedrooms.Fishing - Charter a boat and head out Bluefish and Tuna fishing with some locals guides.Sights nearby - The UNESCO Heritage sight of Pompeii is in close proximity.Full of character
Residenza Luce 10 rooms from £96Amalfi
A charming bed and breakfast with views of the historic centre. Large rooms and bathrooms elegantly decorated with ceramic tiles. Breakfast is served on the terrace with a panoramic view of the ocean. Some rooms offer a private jacuzzi. Close to the beach and some of the best restaurants in town.Foodies - Traditional dishes from the region. Must try the local mozzarella cheese, fish dishes and the famous Amalfi lemonsFamilies - Provides family rooms on two levels with a sleeping and living area and a balconyLocal exploring - Situated in the heart of town at the Piazza del DuomoGreat walks - Beautiful walking trails along the coast, connecting surrounding towns as well
B&B Maiure 6 rooms from £96Maiori
Ancient palace turned boutique hotel. Admire statement artworks hanging on the walls, enjoy breakfast out on the breezy terrace with the Amalfi coast for a backdrop. Elegant, romantic and artsy. A great little find.Foodies - The gastronomy of Maiori features local agriculture. Several unique restaurants within walking distanceBeach Life - Maiori is the biggest beach of the Amalfi coastSights nearby - The Collegiate Church of Santa Maria a Mare and The Church of San Francesco cannot be missedLocal markets - Explore the streets of this beautiful town
La Maurella 5 rooms from £101Praiano
A small family-run B&B with stunning views of the sea. Chic, comfortable rooms and a sun soaked terrace to enjoy a delicious breakfast in the mornings. Located close to both the beaches and the centre of Praiano. A spectacular spot for exploring this secluded corner of the Amalfi Coast.Romantic Break - Some of the walks in this area are termed as the most romantic coastal walks in the worldLocal exploring - Located moments away from the centre, ideal for a tour around townGreat walks - Gentle walks around Praiano and more demanding hikes above townSights nearby - Ruins of Pompei cannot be missed
Villa Yiara 4 rooms from £101Positano
Chic and charming experience Italian village life. An intimate B&B with yellow and white décor offers air-conditioning, free wifi and breakfast. Perched on a cliffside, every room features a magnificent sea-view terrace. Some rooms come with a relaxing bath tub as well.Local exploring - Positano Town Hall is a moments away. Option of scenic day trips to nearby townsFoodies - Best restaurants and bars in Positano within walking distanceGreat walks - Walking trails link Positano to neighbouring coastal townsPrivate Hot Tub - Provided in some rooms. Request while booking
Torre del Ziro 5 rooms from £105Ravello
Cosy and comfortable 16th century property provides sun-drenched outdoor terraces where guests can sit back and relax. Rooms are simple with lots of natural light. A homemade Italian breakfast is included. Open from end of March to first week of October annually, A refreshingly relaxed hotel.Local exploring - Ideally located to explore all important sights and local markets of RavelloSights nearby - The 13th century Moorish style Villa Rufolo and Villa Cimbrone are worth a visitViews - Great views from hotelFull of character
Villa Rosa, Positano 12 rooms from £105Positano
A delightful villa featuring bougainvillea covered terraces, with unbeatable views of the Mediterranean. Large delightfully decorated bedrooms in white and pastels, with aquamarine tiled floors. Enormous private balconies make the perfect place for breakfast. An utterly charming spot.Total relaxation - A serene 150 year old villa, with comfortable and elegant rooms, a peaceful garden, sunny terrace and proximity to the beach.Sights nearby - Spend a day exploring Pompeii, a must see.Sailing - Take a boat trip up the Amalfi coast.Views - Great views from hotel
Residenza del Duca 7 rooms from £114Amalfi
Close by to the beach and the centre of town: a great base for exploring. Cosy and comfortable rooms with decorative bathrooms boast ocean views. Delightful little B&B, with buffet breakfast included, in its very reasonable price tag.Local exploring - Located a few blocks away from the main square of Amalfi with several restaurants, cafes and barsValue chic - Charming property, great location; even better priceLocal markets - Enjoy the Amalfi lifestyle out the front door. Visit markets, shops or just take a stroll through the villageGreat walks - Organise a trip along the Valle dei Mulini in the Lattari Mountains with varieties of plants and waterfalls
The Belvedere 30 rooms from £114Conca dei Marini
Outwardly unassuming, this cliff top hotel will surprise with its magnificent views over the Amalfi coast, secluded private beach down steep steps, and old fashioned charm. A holiday destination for serious lazing in the sun in spectacular surroundings.Views - Spectacular views out to see and down the Amalfi coast.Coastal - Set on a cliff top.Total relaxationSwimming Pool - Seawater Pool
Villa La Tartana 9 rooms from £114Positano
A handsome Positano townhouse with enchanting bedrooms and one apartment. Freshly decorated in whites and blues, pretty ceramic wall lights, painted bedheads and private balconies. Excellent breakfasts on the terrace. A cool sanctuary to start the day in before heading to the beach.Local exploring - Right next to the church of Santa Maria Assunta, minutes from the beach and the shorefront bars and restaurants.Sights nearby - Don't miss a trip to the World Heritage Site Pompeii.Sailing - Charter a boat to take you up the Amalfi Coast.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Villa Mary Suites 5 rooms from £136Positano
An elegant B&B offering fabulous views across Positano and the coast. A handful of individually styled rooms are traditionally dressed with polished wooden floors, crisp white linen and french doors leading onto private balconies. Ideally positioned for exploring Positano, the beaches and beyond.Local exploring - Ideally located to explore Positano itself along with the Amalfi Coast.Sights nearby - Discover the fascinating archeological areas of Pompeii and Herculaneum.Sailing - Rent a boat and explore the picturesque Amalfi coast.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Margherita 28 rooms from £136Praiano
A delightful hotel set in the picturesque town of Praiano on the Amalfi coast. Rooms boast elegant, traditional decor and balconies that afford fantastic sea views. The terrace is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine or a delicious regional meal in the evening. A coastal charmer.Great walks - Make sure to take the Path of the Gods, a stunning walk from Agerola to Positano.Sights nearby - Immerse yourself in the rich Roman history at Pompeii.Fishing - Take a fishing trip from the port of Cetara.Views - Great views from hotel
Casa Buonocore 6 rooms from £140Positano
A boutique B&B elegantly restored from a 17th century edifice. 6 rooms with panoramic terraces, in the centre of town. Breakfast, cakes and pastries are served daily. Chic and stylish, a great choice for couples on a romantic break.Local exploring - Located in the centre of Positano within minutes of the beach and other sightsBeach Life - A 5 minute walk away from Positano's Spiaggia Grande BeachGreat walks - Hike through the well known trail 'The Path of the Gods' with breathtaking viewsLocal markets - Next door to a number of restaurants and shopsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Palazzo Murat 31 rooms from £158Positano
Fabulous 17th century townhouse in Positano with spectacular views. Bougainvillea strewn terraces, an infinity swimming pool, and dreamy rooms and suites with private terraces overlooking the sea. Very romantic, very centrally placed.Sights nearby - Situated in the centre of Positano, close to all the major attractionsSwimming Pool - Pool with stunning viewsFour poster beds - For romantics.SpaRecommended by - CN Traveller
Villa Maria 23 rooms from £159Ravello
An oasis of peace with spectacular views. The piece de resistance is the glorious dining terrace with vistas of the mountains sweeping down to a glittering sea. Fantastic food and cookery lessons using the same home-grown produce. A delightful spot for foodies and romantics.Total relaxation - An elegant coastal property with magnificent seaviews, excellent food and complete tranquility.Cooking classes - Cooking classes led by a famous professor of historical gastronomy.Sailing - Pack a picnic, rent a boat and explore the Amalfi Coast.Full of character
Luna Convento 43 rooms from £164Amalfi
Tasteful simplicity in a stunning former convent. The glorious Moorish cloister is the perfect setting for a leisurely breakfast. Both restaurants serve delicious food and have spectacular views from their terraces. A romantic fairytale setting.Hideaway - A charming converted convent with rooms surrounding the ancient courtyard and wonderful views from the outdoor pool.Sailing - Guests can book a speedboat to take them on a tour of the Amalfi coast.Sights nearby - Visit the UNESCO heritage sight Pompeii.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Fodors
Convento di Amalfi 36 rooms from £172Amalfi
Beautiful former convent set in the rock face just above the town of Amalfi. Fabulous views of the town and sea from the terraces and the swimming pool. Chic rooms and suites with vaulted ceilings and neutral hues. Spa, restaurant and bar. Stylish minimalism at its best.HoneymoonsRomantic BreakSights nearby - 10 minute walk down hill to Amalfi. Positano is 20 mins by car.Views - Spectacular views of the Amalfi coastline
Casa Angelina 39 rooms from £172Praiano
A very cool designer hotel set in the cliff face. Sleekly minimalist with white washed walls, exposed stone work, and clean lines. Rooms, suites, and separate cottages have private sea-facing balconies. Fantastic spa, restaurant and private beach. Ideal for honeymooners.Hotel boats for hire - Private skippered boat for guests.HoneymoonsLuxuryRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Hotel Botanico San Lazzaro 18 rooms from £193Maiori
A romantic boutique hotel in a cliff top setting with an infinity pool. Authentically decorated rooms and suites with hand-painted furniture and ceramics, four poster beds, and mezzanine levels. Fabulous orchids; exotic and botanical gardens. Oozing with Amalfi charm.Romantic BreakViews - Lovely views over the Bay of MaioriRestrictions on children - No children allowed, over 18s only.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Johansens
Miramare 16 rooms from £204Positano
A gem perched above the town with breathtaking views. The apartments are a great choice for families or groups. The bedrooms have warm terracotta floors, antique furniture and attractive bathrooms. The glassed-in terrace for breakfast is magical. The beach is a 210 step climb down.Families - The spacious apartments are the perfect base for families and groups, plus they're within walking distance of the beach.Great walks - Take a stroll through this charming town, wander the narrow streets and lanes to discover fantastic bars and restaurants.Sailing - Charter a boat and head up the Amalfi coast, a perfect day trip for couples or families.Local markets - The area around the hotel boasts many great shops, selling local wares.
Villa Magia 6 rooms from £223Positano
Superb boutique hotel with stunning views of the Tyrrhenian Sea. The rooms exude understated elegance with simple furnishings, tasteful artwork and fascinating antiques. With a deluxe pool and an in house spa, it's perfect for a relaxing break on the Amalfi coast. Five star excellence.Great walks - Walking lovers will cherish the Path of the Gods, a spectacular walk from Agerola to Positano.Fishing - The hotel can organise sea fishing trips from Positano harbour.Sights nearby - Eight miles from the historic ruins at Pompeii.Views - Great views from hotel
Marincanto 26 rooms from £224Positano
A smart boutique hotel with friendly staff. Picture-perfect views from the beautiful terrace and private balconies. Bedrooms decorated in whites, creams and pastels are utterly chic. The infinity pool provides a place of tranquility as it merges with the cobalt blue of the sea. A romantic spot.Sights nearby - Spend a day marvelling at the UNESCO Heritage Site Pompeii.Swimming Pool - Infinity Pool with SeaviewSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
La Casa di Peppe 6 rooms from £241Positano
A boutique property set against a cliff and offering glorious views of the Amalfi coast. A handful of rooms are classically dressed with tiled floors, simple furniture and pops of colour from the fabrics. Indulge in some of the numerous activities available or simply hide away in this tranquil spot.Hideaway - A small property overlooking the coast snd offering a totally secluded spot.Kayaking - Hire a kayak and explore the picturesque coast from the sea.Diving - Scuba dive from the Diving Center Amalfi Coast.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hotel Poseidon 48 rooms from £242Positano
A beautiful Mediterranean villa in central Positano overlooking the beach below. Traditional and romantic rooms and suites with tiled floors, white washed walls, and private balconies. Excellent swimming pool and bar, restaurant, and wellness centre. Relaxation in a busy spot.Sights nearby - Explore the Amalfi Coast, plus Pompeii, Naples and VesuviusSwimming Pool - Outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Villa Franca 37 rooms from £246Positano
Truly sublime views of Positano and beyond from this 5* hotel's hilltop perch. Romantic rooms in chic whites and creams with tiled mosaics and wonderful sea views from private balconies. The roof top terrace and swimming pool are equally magnificent. A great choice for romantics.Hideaway - A peaceful hilltop property, away from the crowds of the coastal strip, with clean cut suites and wrought iron balconies.Cooking classes - Take a master class in traditional cuisine with the hotel chef.Sailing - Experience the Amalfi coast in style on a speedboat.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the UNESCO Heritage Site Pompeii.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Villa Cimbrone 19 rooms from £272Ravello (Ravello, Salernes (Campania))
A regal and romantic complex with out of this world views. The villa has beautifully manicured botanical gardens that sprawl towards the cliff face. Bedrooms ooze understated elegance, and there's a fantastic Michelin starred Mediterranean restaurant. Renowned as the ultimate wedding destination.Writing a novel - Join the list of illustrious authors who have gained inspiration here- E M Forster, T S Eliot, Virginia Woolf, D H Lawrence...Honeymoons - Perched on a sheer-sided cliff high above the Amalfi coast, with fragrant rose gardens, and romantic poolside dining.Great walks - Wander hand in hand through the stunnig gardens, the best time is early morning before they open to the public.Sailing - Take a boat up the coastline or to glamorous Capri, the perfect way to explore the coast.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors
Palazzo Avino 43 rooms from £370Ravello
Film star luxury meets 1930s Italian glamour in classical Ravello. Spectacularly perched on the cliffs overlooking fishing villages below. Michelin star restaurant, stunning suites, sprawling terraces and lounge areas. Five Star in every aspect.Romantic Break - A perfect getaway for two, enjoy the suave suites with a glorious vantage point over the Med and pampering service.Foodies - Boasting a two-Michelin-star restaurant overlooking the sea and the more relaxed Terrazza Belvedere.Great walks - Leisurely strolls or more testing mountain trials, all come with stunning views.Sailing - Take a boat up the Amalfi Coast or to the glamourous island of Capri.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Tablet, Fodors
Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa 20 rooms from £329Conca dei Marini
A monastery renovated with romance and elegance. Its celestial views from its perch on a cliff top are to die for. The hotel captures the essence of la dolce vita with its location, understated but immaculate style, and its incredible spa facilities. A romantic destination.Views - Great views from hotelLuxuryOutstanding locationTotal relaxation
Covo dei Saraceni 66 rooms from £368Positano
A perfectly typical Mediterranean property boasting glorious views over Positano and the bay. Individually styled rooms are mostly classic in style however the very best are recently renovated and contemporary. The rooftop pool is the real crowning glory, the perfect spot for a sundowner.Total relaxation - Offering fabulous sea views of the harbour. The swimming pool has a serious view too. This is a tough spot to leave.Sailing - Discover the coast of Amalfi and Sorrento on the hotel's own yacht.Sights nearby - Visit the Duomo in Positano, complete with stunning majolica dome.Restrictions on children - Children over 4 are welcome
Il San Pietro di Positano 60 rooms from £395Positano
Spectacular Five Star hotel with all you could want for. Romantic bedrooms and suites with tiled floors, vaulted ceilings, sumptuous beds and private balconies. Private beach, restaurant, tennis courts, gorgeous infinity pool, spa and beauty salon. Very luxurious.Romantic - Good for couples.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.HoneymoonsRomantic BreakRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, CN Traveller
Hotel Santa Caterina 66 rooms from £424Amalfi
A luxurious retreat in a stunning location. Beautiful rooms in whites and creams with splashes of colour and private balconies. Fabulous restaurants, private beach (reached by a glass lift through the cliff face) and luscious gardens with citrus groves. A tranquil and romantic spot.Beach Life - Guests ride an elevator down to a private beach and enjoy stunning seaviews from the property.Sailing - Book a private motorboat and spend a day exploring the Amalfi Coast by sea.Sights nearby - Visit the ancient towns of The towns of Pompei and Herculaneum.Views - Breathtaking views over the sea.Recommended by - Tablet
Le Sirenuse 58 rooms from £525Positano
Sheer romance at this family-run hotel in an 18th-century palazzo. A celestial Amalfian fairytale - heavenly bedrooms with private balconies, Michelin-starred restaurant, and a pool terrace filled with lemon trees. A magical spot for romantics and foodies.Romantic Break - A fabulous and sophisticated break for two, with sumptuous suites, black-sand beaches and sparkling sun terraces.Foodies - La Sponda restaurant holds one Michelin Star and is lit every evening by 400 candles.Swimming Pool - Beautiful Outdoor Pool.OpulentRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Belmond Hotel Caruso 50 rooms from £625Ravello
With former guests including Greta Garbo and Jackie Kennedy you know you are in the lap of luxury. The infinity pool, suspended between sea and sky, is straight from the movies as is the al-fresco, restaurant. Hollywood glamour continues in the bedrooms with chandeliers, mosaic tiles and balconies.Great walks - Through the stunning Villa Cimbrone Gardens.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Villa TreVille 15 rooms from £908Positano
Set on a cliff on the Amalfi Coast, Villa TreVille is an opulent estate with rooms and suites overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea. Villas are adorned with ornate tiles and marble fittings, and guests have a private beach at their disposal. An Italian paradise with the atmosphere of a private home.Romantic Break - A beautiful all suites property with stunning interiors and a hideaway location. Pure luxury and romanceBeach Life - Guests can enjoy a private beachHoneymoonsSights nearby - Explore the villages along the stunning Amalfi CoastRecommended by - CN Traveller