Search the best hotels in Storms River
About Storms River
With Tsitsikamma National Park located along the Storms River mouth, this unassuming spot benefits from a well-developed tourist industry, owing to its numerous activities, from hiking to zip-lining; rafting and horse riding. Conveniently located between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, it's a great place to stop over if travelling by road. Our recommendations will show you the best places to stay in Storms River, from great value to families and couples, for the ultimate 'back to nature' experience.
What not to miss
- Explore Tsitsikamma National Park, a haven for bird and marine life.
- Swing from above Tsitsikamma National Park, with Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours, an adrenaline-fuelled zip-line experience.
- Hike the five-day (shorter options available) Otter Trail, which follows the magnificent Garden Route coastline from Storms River Mouth to Nature's Valley in the Tsitsikamma National Park.
- Jump the 216 m Bloukrans Bridge, the highest commercially operated bridge bungee in the world.
- Tsitsikamma Blackwater Tubing offers an adventure of tubing, swimming, rock jumping and hiking through the Storms River gorge.
Our recommendations of best places to stay in Storms River showcase the best in value and comfort in this otherwise rugged locale.
The Best Places to stay in Storms River
For a great value stay
- Budget and family-friendly, The Village Lodge provides a well-priced stay, ideally located for exploring Storms River's bounty of outdoor activities.
For a family stay
- A village within a village, Tsitsikamma Village Inn doesn't just provide a roof over your head, there are several dining options, a collection of boutique shops, and even a micro-brewery.
For a romantic stay
- Occupying an epic setting overlooking Sanddrift River Gorge, The Fernery Lodge & Chalets boasts sophisticated suites with private balconies, fine-dining and an indulgent spa.
- If you want to rent self-drive to explore the scenic Garden Route, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Alternatively, Port Elizabeth International Airport is under a two-hour drive.
- Storms River enjoys a temperate climate, with temperatures rarely reaching above 25°C. October is the wettest month, so if you're looking to get outside, it's best avoided.
Still not sure?
• Take a look at our top recommendations for The Garden Route.
• Or contact one of our gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Storms River
The Village Lodge Storms River 10 rooms from $69
Family and budget friendly, this great-outdoorsy hotel provides laidback living for all ages. Flexible accommodation includes outdoor terraces, opening up onto gardens teeming with wildlife (make friends with the resident chameleons)! A buffet breakfast is the perfect start to a day's exploring.Families - Activitie, games, the great outdoors, and family suites: plenty to keep everyone occupiedSights nearby - Knysna Big Tree is just 1km awayTraditionalFull of character
Tsitsikamma Village Inn Storms River (Storms River,) 49 rooms from $85
A village within a village, this hotel is comprised of a collection of colonial style cottages scattered around manicured grounds and an inviting pool. There are several restaurants and shops surrounding the 'village' from Marilyn's 60's Diner to an on-site microbrewery. Plenty of activities nearby!Families - Beautiful, spacious, cottage accommodation is ideal for familiesValue chic - Excellent value family accommodationSights nearby - Tsitsikamma Falls Adventure is an adrenaline filled afternoon spent zip-lining through the forestLocal markets - Storms River Arts and Crafts Market is a short stroll from the hotel
The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Storms River (Stormsriver,) 16 rooms from $181
Occupying an epic setting, overlooking the Sanddrift River Gorge. Like a scene from Jurassic Park, the restaurant boasts views across a 30m waterfall, accompanied by a gourmet breakfast: a great way to start the day. Luxurious cottages and lavish bathrooms, plus there's a pool, sauna, and jacuzzi.Active Holiday - Surrounded by beautiful Mother Nature, with a bounty of outdoor pursuits nearbyBirdwatching - With over 165 birds to be spotted on the property, you better pack your binoculars!Fishing - Rods and equipment are available at the hotelKayaking - Boats are available to take out on the dam