Search the best hotels in Perpignan
People always tend to say ‘location’ three times, but in Perpignan it makes sense, you’re located just below the dramatic peaks of the Pyrenees, just a short drive to the west from the Mediterranean, and just a little north of the border with Spain. And from some of the best places to stay in Perpignan you’ll have a view of the first two - not bad!
The proximity with Spain lends a certain extra colour, and a bit of extra interest to the already interesting cuisine. Plus Perpignan is really big on fiestas.
What Not To Miss
- Some of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Perpignan can be found in the wonderful warren of the old town, where you’ll find citrus coloured houses and alleys opening, surprisingly, onto squares shaded by palms. Perpignan was once the capital of the Kingdom of Mallorca, and there’s still a look to this city akin to the Balearics.
- Perpignan is a very walkable city, and some of the bits you’ll want to walk to include the Palais des Rois de Majorque - the Palace of the Kings of Mallorca, which is one of the largest buildings in the city - a great star shaped citadel offering views out to the coast.
- You’ll possibly also be interested in seeing the wonderfully Gothic Cathedral of St. Jean Baptiste.
- Then there’s a cluster of interesting architecture in the old town
- and the wonderful Musée de Préhistoire de Tautavel in the cave riddled hills just north of town, which has a host of prehistoric treasures dating from around 450,000 years ago.
- Or for art lovers there's the Musee d'art Hyacinthe Rigaud with exhibitions from extremely high-profile artists - you don't need to be an art connoisseur to appreciate the works here!
If you want to visit during the peak summer months of July and August, we recommend you plan ahead. The best places to stay in Perpignan will get booked up well in advance.
The best places to stay in Perpignan
- For an easy family holiday, try La Fauceille, a modern hotel just south of Perpignan with 35 contemporary rooms and suites and an excellent gym and spa. There’s also a good restaurant and a relaxed atmosphere.
- La Villa Duflot is perfect for a romantic stay on the outskirts of the city. You'll find stylish rooms, a fabulous pool, delicious food and complimentary bikes for exploring the area.
For rural luxury
- Ideal for exploring local vineyards Mas Latour Lavail is owned by a renowned local wine maker. This rural mansion on the outskirts of Perpignan has been turned into a stylish haven that successfully blends traditional with striking modern interiors.
- Well-priced Hotel De La Loge, is an amiable small hotel, right opposite Perpignan's historic town hall and within easy walking distance of all the sights. Some rooms have balconies – perfect for a post-sightseeing sundowner.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a wide selection of properties.
- Fly to Perpignan Airport located 7.3km (4.5 miles) from Perpignan with a selection of flights across Europe and to North Africa.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Perpignan with rail links to Paris and Barcelona amongst other destinations.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the nearby mountains or coastline - for prices and booking click here to visit our online partner Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months of July and August for typically hot and sunny weather when the average highs hover around the late twenties celcius.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Perpignan
Hotel De La Loge 22 rooms from £52Perpignan
You'll feel at home in this amiable small hotel, right opposite Perpignan's historic town hall and within easy walking distance of all the sights. Some rooms have balconies – perfect for a post-sightseeing sundowner.Local exploring - A well priced gem of a property located in the heart of the historic centre.Local markets - Wander through the narrow alleys of the Arab and Romany quarter packed full of trinkets and food stalls.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Palais des Rois de Majorque dating back to 1276.Full of character
La Fauceille 35 rooms from £79Perpignan
A modern hotel on the outskirts of Perpignan. Contemporary rooms and suites, excellent spa and gym activities, and a gourmet restaurant. A great choice for a comfortable summer holiday.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
La Villa Duflot 25 rooms from £120Perpignan
With its secluded city setting, La Villa Duflot is something of an oasis. Rooms are decorated in a bright modern style and all with terrace or balcony. Borrow a hotel bike for the day or simply relax by the inviting pool. Dine al fresco on delicious locally sourced dishes.Romantic Break - Stylish art deco rooms hark back to a bygone era - a classic romantic stay for two.Local markets - Browse the markets of Perpignan and pick up some of the beautiful local produce.Sights nearby - Explore Perpignan's historic old town on foot, a great days activity.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Mas Latour Lavail 5 rooms from £136Perpignan
Owned by a renowned local wine maker, this rural mansion on the outskirts of Perpignan has been turned into a stylish haven that successfully blends tradition with striking modern interiors.Country Escape - A chic rural abode surrounded by vineyards. An oasis of calm.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Secluded setting - For escaping.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.