Search the best hotels in Perpignan
Tucked within easy reach of the dramatic peaks of the Pyrenees, the shores of the Mediterranean and the Spanish border, Perpignan is a fabulous holiday destination. Culture buffs and foodies, in particular, will adore exploring this lively southern French city, which brims with cafes and eateries housed in striking historic buildings. The best places to stay in Perpignan are characterful and vibrant, fit for a range of tastes, budgets and age groups. There’s a reason that so many visitors return year after year!
Perpignan’s old town is a curious network of citrus-coloured houses lining little alleyways and palm-shaded squares. The Gothic Cathédral St-Jean is impressive, as are the Hôtel de Ville, the Art Nouveau Hôtel Pams and the Castillet, now a museum. Once the capital of the Kingdom of Mallorca, the city is still home to the star-shaped Palace of the Kings of Mallorca, which offers stunning coastal views. Don’t miss the Musée d'art Hyacinthe Rigaud, or the wonderful Musée de Préhistoire de Tautavel, in the caves to the north of town.
Centuries of Spanish influence mean that the region’s cuisine is infused with a plethora of flavours, and beautifully accompanied by wine crafted from local vines. Savour local specialities at some of the best places to stay in Perpignan.
The Best Places to Stay in Perpignan
For a Central Stay
- Hôtel De La Loge sits in a 16th century building opposite the town hall. Expect Art Deco-inspired interiors, family rooms for those travelling with little ones, and classic white-on-white decor. Some rooms have balconies and free-standing bathtubs. Close to all the main sights, this is an affordable choice for culture vultures and keen on-foot explorers.
- La Fauceille is a friendly choice for families, with 35 modern rooms and suites set around a courtyard swimming pool and garden. There's a gym, a very good restaurant, and a relaxed atmosphere. Just south of Perpignan, this is a well-located base for city explorations as well as active days in the countryside with older children.
- La Villa Duflot is a romantic oasis on the edge of the city. You'll find 52 stylish, Art Deco-inspired rooms and suites with bold terracotta and orange tones set within leafy gardens. Many rooms have private terraces, plus there's a fabulous swimming pool, chic restaurant and a soothing spa. Event spaces make this a great wedding venue, too. A vibrant couples' choice.
- Mas Latour Lavail has superb rooms and suites in a restored Catalan farmhouse tucked amidst vineyards. Interiors blend traditional charm with striking modern design, with exposed brick walls and minimalist furnishings. Owned by a winemaker, this is a top spot for those looking to taste the fruits of the region before kicking back by the pool or enjoying rural walks. Stylish and romantic.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY Villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Perpignan Airport and journey to your hotel by car or shuttle bus. Visitors from regional hubs — such as Paris, Toulouse or Marseille — can travel to Perpignan by train.
- The Pyrénées-Orientales region is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Visit between May and September for temperatures ranging from 22°C - 30°C, but do be aware that this is also peak season. For fewer crowds, great hotel deals and cooler temperatures, travel in April or October.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Céret.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Pyrénées-Orientales.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Perpignan
Best Hotels in Perpignan
Hotel De La Loge Perpignan 22 rooms from £51Local exploring - A well priced gem of a property located in the heart of the historic centre.Local markets - Wander through the narrow alleys of the Arab and Romany quarter packed full of trinkets and food stalls.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Palais des Rois de Majorque dating back to 1276.Full of character
La Fauceille Perpignan 35 rooms from £78Restaurant - Recommended by the Michelin guide and Gault MillauSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
La Villa Duflot Perpignan 25 rooms from £119Romantic Break - Stylish art deco rooms hark back to a bygone era - a classic romantic stay for two.Local markets - Browse the markets of Perpignan and pick up some of the beautiful local produce.Sights nearby - Explore Perpignan's historic old town on foot, a great days activity.Secluded setting - For escaping.
With its secluded city setting, La Villa Duflot is something of an oasis. Rooms are decorated in a bright modern style and all with terrace or balcony. Borrow a hotel bike for the day or simply relax by the inviting pool. Dine al fresco on delicious locally sourced dishes. See More
Mas Latour Lavail Perpignan 5 rooms from £134Country Escape - A chic rural abode surrounded by vineyards. An oasis of calm.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Romantic - Good for couples.Secluded setting - For escaping.