Search the best hotels in Saint Florent
About Saint Florent
Nestled in a blue bay standing between the glittering Mediterranean Sea and rocky mountains stands Saint Florent, a bustling harbour town at the foot of Cape Corse. Founded by the Romans and having long been a flourishing medieval port town, it has retained its original character, being still small enough to walk across town in under 10 minutes. A truly magical, unique and friendly place awaits you: our pick of the best places to stay in Saint Florent is the perfect base from which to acquaint yourself with the town..
With a dramatic citadel overlooking the bay, a ruined Genoese tower standing 4 miles outside of town, coupled with labyrinthine mazes of narrow cobbled streets, it is a quaint, intimate and friendly place. The marina teems with gigantic luxury yachts and local fishermen who supply the many restaurants with fresh fish every morning. Bars, cafes and restaurants line the harbourfront with terraces - a perfect spot to breathe in the salty sea air and watch the world go by!
The countryside surrounding the town is rugged and rocky with villages peppering the mountainsides like Oletta, with her countless artists' workshops and superb views, looming high above St. Florent. Patriminio, too, famous for her vineyards and beautiful church, is an equally dramatic place.
The beaches around St. Florent are perhaps her greatest asset, from Plage de Roya to the secluded beaches of Loto to Saleccia which are only accessible by foot, boat or quadbike.
What Not to miss
- Mortell Tower, a ruined Genoese fortification standing stark and impressive 4 miles from St. Florent. The route is wonderful to walk, but remember to take sunglasses and a hat because there is little shade along the way.
- Plage de Roya: a pristine white-sand beach blossoming with life, where you can go windsurfing, jet-skiing, kayaking, sailing and scuba-diving.
- The Old Town: with her striking citadel dominating the townscape, the Santa Maria Assunta cathedral close by and the dozens of little shops selling everything from suncream and icecream to homespun trinkets and objets d'art. It is wonderful to get lost in but small enough to not get too lost!
- Saleccia and Loto beaches: totally secluded and only accessible by boat or quadbike, they make for a great afternoon trip. Boats make the journey up to six times a day and the journey takes 30 minutes. Ideal for sunbathing or reading a good book in total serenity.
So whether you're looking for peace in endless horizons and rugged mountain views, hoping to explore archaic ruined castles or just wanting to soak up the sunrays on a far-flung secluded beach, our selection of the best places to stay in Saint Florent will undoubtedly exceed your expectations.
The best places to stay in Saint Florent
For close proximity to a beach
- Demeure Loredana: a stunning hotel with 17 bright, designer rooms, an infinity pool overlooking the sea and an indoor pool. Ideal for a relaxing beach holiday due to its close proximity to the sea, offering massages and a sauna.
- U Palazzu Serenu: a hotel in Oletta with truly sublime views of the jagged, tree-clad mountains, offering 6 rooms and 3 suites immaculate in a cool, minimalist design. There is a pool, sumptuous restaurant and a terrace that's ideal for soaking in the picturesque peace of the dramatic landscape.
- La Dimora: a romantic hotel surrounded by lush gardens and palm trees, a secluded pool and wide terraces. Ideal for honeymoons or romantic getaways, there are sauna and spa facilities.
For an Apartment or villa
- For a self-catering holiday, don't hesitate to contact our partner, Booking.com, who have a great range of apartments and villas in the region.
- The nearest airport is Bastia-Poretta, 20km from St. Florent.
- If you plan to hire a car to see more of the island, contact our partners Rentalcars.
- The best time to go to Saint Florent is from April to September, when the seas are warmest. The temperature ranges from 22 to 27 degrees: never too hot, never too cold.
Still not sure which to book?
Best Hotels in Saint Florent
Demeure Loredana Saint Florent 18 rooms from £155Beach Life - Stunning infinity pool over the ocean, views to the horizon from your balcony, endless activities on the waterSailing - From Saint Florent port to islandsSights nearby - Nearby town of BastiaKayaking - Agriates Kayak schoolRecommended by - Michelin Travel