- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Algarve
About the Algarve
All our Algarve collections:
- Best beach hotels in the Algarve
- Best family hotels in the Algarve
- Best Algarve hotels for golfers
- Best off-the-beaten-track hotels in the Algarve
- Best hotels for foodies in the Algarve
As Europe's sunniest region, with a seemingly perpetual cloudless blue sky, the Algarve offers lovers of the outdoors not only numerous golf courses, but also superb diving, surfing, a rich diversity of bird life and mile upon mile of golden sands, framed by the characteristic limestone rocks which stand guard out in the Atlantic. Our selection of the best places to stay in the Algarve offers something for all tastes and budgets from a luxury beach resort in Vilamoura to an eco hotel set in the middle of the Vicentin Natural Park.
The unspoilt city of Tavira is colourful and retains it's old charm of cobbled squares and pretty gardens, and to the west you will find Olhao, a gorgeous sheltered fishing village right by the Rio Formosa Nature Reserve. Faro and the area around Faro airport is well developed; Albufeira is well positioned for golden beaches to the east and west, whether you're looking for long golden stretches or neat coves with hidden caves. The drive west along the coast takes you on through Portimao with it's old harbour and pretty waterfront, and Lagos, with all the daytime charm and a lively nightlife too, onto Portugal's 'Land's End' where you'll find a truly wild and undeveloped region.
August heat encourages laziness and an addiction to cool waters, but at other times of the year visit the old Moorish castles and forts, walk up in the hills, fragrant with the smell of delicate almond blossom or sample the freshest of fish from the day's catch at one of the rustic beach restaurants right at the sea's edge.
What not to miss:
- Play a round of golf on one of the many world-class courses.
- Explore under the sea on a snorkelling or scuba diving expedition.
- Rise early and enjoy the best of the surf.
- Unwind on the golden sand beaches.
- Discover Moorish castles and forts.
Don't forget that this region is popular year round (though especially during the peak summer months), so if you want to reserve a room in one the best places to stay in the Algarve, you'll need to be organised and book well ahead.
Family Friendly Beach Resorts
For a family friendly beach resort, the Algarve has so many choices that it can be hard to pick the right ones. We've done all the hard work for you and from our selection of the best places to stay in the Algarve, we think the top choices are:
- Vila Vita Parc - A truly luxurious cliff top resort, with outstanding facilities for all the family. Kids clubs for every age, watersports galore, 9 hole golf course to name but a few. There's also a private sandy beach, great spa and Michelin starred cuisine.
- Martinhal Beach Resort - Situated just outside historic Sagres on the unspoilt Western Algarve. Village style luxury accommodation looks out to the sea - the villas are ideal for family groups. There are numerous activities on offer, five swimming pools, kids clubs for all ages and a fabulous spa located in private grounds.
- Memmo Baleeira, a family holiday with a stylish contemporary feel in a beautiful beachside setting, perfect for watersports with a kid's club and close to the nearby town of Sagres.
For a break away from it all, nestled amid beautiful countryside away from the coastal bright lights our favourites are:
- Quinta do Barranco da Estrada - This idyllic rural hideaway has only twelve rooms and offers a true escape from the ratrace overlooking Santa Clara Lake. Canoeing and sailing are included in the price, plus you can walk, birdwatch, eat great food and generally chill out.
- Companhia das Culturas, definitely a wi-fi free zone, back to nature with views over apricot, fig and olive trees, farm buildings converted into stylishly rustic accommodation. Cool off in the outdoor saltwater pool.
- Quinta do Mel, great hiking and lots of walks with beautiful views out over farmland with plenty of opportunity for birdwatching. A comfortable farmhouse with cosy rooms.
- Monte de Vilharina, a fabulous collection of lodges, studios and apartments, great for group bookings in the midst of valleys, mountains, beaches and lakes.
- Vila Monte Farmhouse, a light airy, moorish style retreat, amongst orange and olive groves, back to your roots, with pottery and cookery lessons available.
The choices are many, be it right on the coast or with a little more sheltered, here is a good selection of our best places to stay in proximity to some fabulous golf.
- Casa Beleza do Sul, situated in the unspoilt centre of Tavira, the best of both worlds, panoramic views from the roof terrace, yet easy access to Golf Clube Tavira, Benamor Golf club and Golf Quinta da Ria.
- Quinto do Mel, this traditional farmhouse, with outdoor pool & comfortable rooms is perfectly placed for an active holiday. The owners have good local knowledge and nearby Oceanico Golf offers five Vilamoura championship courses...spoilt for choice.
- Vila Joya, five star rooms, amazing sea views, incredible cuisine and a golf lovers paradise. A golf academy and on-site pro to guide you through the rough.
Head for the Atlantic coast for the best waves, long stretches of sandy beaches make the washing machine effect less painful.
- Memmo Baleeira, chic and minimalist hotel with stunning sea views, endless activities and a magnificent outdoor pool. Memmo's surf school offers exciting surfing off the tip of the coast at Sagres.
- Monte Da Vilarinha, surrounded by mountains, beaches and lakes, you can take your pick of lodges, studios & apartments. Head for the Costa Vicentina which is home to some of Europe's best surfing beaches.
- Martinhal Beach Resort. The luxury villas here are ideal for families. Here you have lots of watersport activities on hand, wetsuits and boards are available for hire with full tuition on sea safety and learning how to ride those waves.
- Muxima, a delightful eco retreat within striking distance of some of the best surfing beaches, surf and body boarding lessons are available at Aljezur beach.
- Quinta da Cebola Vermelha. A lovely farmhouse with a huge salt water pool which sets you up for the beach in Lagos where you can arrange surfing lessons.
The fauna and flora is truly stunning along the south coast with submerged caves and clear turquoise waters. Dives between 10 and 30 metres, you'll find good visibility.
- Vila Vita Parc, a luxury cliff top resort where the delights of the underwater world are waiting to be explored. Portugal’s largest natural reef is just a stone’s throw from the resort. Water temps are perfect from 13°- 22°C
- Martinhal Beach Resort Village style luxury accommodation with the option to take a PADI diving course and discover the beautiful underwater sealife of Sagres, submarine caves, mysterious wrecks with stunning fauna & flora.
- Dom Manuel is a charming adult only hotel with cosy rooms, an outdoor pool and yet only 500m from the beach. The Blue Ocean Diving School is on hand to instruct and guide you to the most beautiful areas in which to dive.
- Casa Fujara, 5 mins from the amazing beaches of Amada and Bordeira in idyllic surroundings. Free trial (if more than 6) "Try out" Scuba diving session in the hotel's pool before heading out with all the kit to open water. 2, 4 or 6 days are possible. Take on a new skill.
The proximity to the coast provides an abundance of seafood, fresh catches of the day are a treat in store, locally produced olive oils, meats and cheeses are local pride with organic produce to match.
- Vila Monte Farm House, a moorish style retreat with views across flower strewn meadows, gourmet cuisine based on locally grown ingredients. Relax on the private terraces and toast the setting sun with a glass of port or Madeira.
- Vila Joya, is one of Portugal's most celebrated restaurants with a two star Michelin rating, enjoy a gourmet experience and relax in beautiful surroundings enjoying magnificent sea views.
- Vila Vita Parc, a beach paradise and a haven for children. An extensive wine cellar provides plenty of choice to compliment each dish. Carrying a two star Michelin certificate and running a choice of ten restaurants serving mediterranean to Japanese cuisine, your tastebuds will have the experience of a lifetime.
Value for Money
- Dom Manuel is a great holiday base for a host of activities, yet provides adult only comfort with an outdoor pool surrounded by tasteful tropical trees and plants, the beach is a short stroll away.
- Quinto do Mel, a renovated traditional old farmhouse with comfortable rooms, an outdoor pool and a small farm shop selling local farm produce. An adult only retreat with a feeling of calm and tranquility.
- Quinta De Colina offers tasteful B&B accommodation with the option of self catering cottages and apartments. A relaxing spot amongst olive, carob and orange trees.
- Muxima, a wonderfully rustic eco retreat, with a plethora of acitivites on offer from cycling to surfing. Bed and breakfast but there is a good Portuguese restaurant 15 km away.
Hotels with History
The usual impression of hotels in this area is of modern buildings, purpose built for the mass holiday market. We've discovered some gems that have their roots much farther back and have been converted to provide excellent, character-filled accommodation.
- Vivenda Miranda - This beautiful property just outside Lagos began life as the home of a 17th century noble family. It now offers twenty five bedrooms, a stunning pool and terrace with breathtaking views and direct access to the Porto de Mós beach.
Convento da Graca - Located in the heart of historic Tavira, the canary yellow Convento da Graca dates back to the 16th century. It now offers thirty six stylish rooms with a contemporary feel, garden with pool and beautiful cloistered courtyard where you can dine in the warmer months.
For a villa or apartment
- There's endless choice when it comes to apartments or villas in the Algarve. We recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com for a comprehensive selection.
- Fly to Faro, the Algarve's main airport.
- If you plan to hire a car, we think you can find the best prices with our partner Rentalcars.
- Best time of year to visit - The Algarve is pretty much an all year round destination, perhaps with more rain in April and November, but February can produce temperatures of up to 17 - 20 degrees, take a sweater for the evenings. The temperature heats up from May to October, with August hitting the late 20 even early 30 degrees C.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in the Algarve
Quinta da Colina 3 rooms from £75Conceição, Algarve
Traditional Algarvian manor which has been tastefully converted to provide B&B accommodation plus cottages and an apartment for self catering. Set amid 6 hectares filled with olive, orange and carob trees. A quieter, truly relaxing spot from which to enjoy the pleasures of the real Algarve.Swimming Pool - Created from the old irrigation tank with original well and water wheel feature on the terrace. 5m x 5mFull of character - Retaining original features giving a true taste of Algarvian style.Sights nearby - Only 6 minutes by car from TaviraSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Sawdays
Dom Manuel I Charming Residence 33 rooms from £65Lagos (Algarve)
A charming adult-only hotel with outdoor pool in a tropical palm covered garden. Traditional Portuguese tiles adorn cosy bedrooms and colourful communal areas. Enjoy drinks and bar snacks by the pool or explore the many bars and restaurants nearby. Just 500m from one of Lagos' best beaches.Romantic Break - No children means total relaxation and a romantic stayBeach Life - A short walk from one of Lagos' best beachesSailing - Sail at the nearby beachesGreat walks - Good walking routes
Quinta do Mel 10 rooms from £69Olhos de Agua (Algarve)
Quinta do Mel is a traditional old farmhouse that has been renovated to host guests in comfortable bedrooms with views over the surrounding farmland. The hotel also has a small farm shop and tea room selling local produce. Plenty of activities on offer with good local knowledge for exploring.Back to Nature - A quieter spot in the Algarve surrounded by some of its finest sceneryActive Holiday - Plenty of outdoor persuits right on your doorstepGreat walks - The surroundings of Quinta do Mel are ideal for walking.Birdwatching - Vilamoura Environmental Park
Casa Fajara from £64Bordeira, Algarve
Casa Fajara is a rustic guest house with simple bedroms set in a National Park just five minutes from the beach. Arrange lots of activities or make your visit a health retreat - yoga, a personal trainer and healthy cooking courses are all on offer.Active Holiday - Lots of activities on offer, as well as a health and fitness retreatDiving - Great opportunity to try Scuba diving or book a 4-6 night dive week.Secluded setting - For escaping.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Casa Vicentina 12 rooms from £66Odeceixe, Algarve
A charming collection of suites that sleep up to 4. Stylish, bright interiors, pool, playground for children, and not far from the beach and nature reserve. Be at one with nature in an ideal spot for a family holiday, and great value.Families - Lots of space for children to play, ride or swim and suites that sleep 4, family freedom.Groups - 12 suites, make this a great venue to book up with other families or friends.Kids Club - Playground.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Recommended by - Sawdays
Muxima 7 rooms from £70Aljezur, Algarve
Delightfully rustic eco retreat within striking distance of the best surfing beaches. Large suites with around the world themes, think India to Tunisia. Lovely terraces, eco pool, and nature reserve nearby. Great value for a family holiday and beach life.Families - Family suites and total informality, stimulating books, toys, outdoor games & activities for all.Eco break - Using natural processes and recycled materials.Sights nearby - On the way to the beaches of Carriagem don't forget to visit the Arregata windmill.Surfing - Monte Clerigo Surf & body board lessons are available.Recommended by - I Escape
Casa Beleza do Sul 4 rooms from £75Tavira
Beautifully restored 19th-century house in the unspoilt, delightful town of Tavira in the Algarve. Stylish suites and self-catering apartments have been designed by the architect owner. Original mosaic floors and features have been left intact. Shady roof terraces with panoramic views. A gem.Self catering - Self-catering studio and apartments have well-equipped kitchenettes, terraces with tables and sun loungersTown - Tavira is a charming and unspoilt old town, pretty squares and gardens, fishermen at work on their netsGolf - The Algarve is famous for its golf courses and some of the best are close to TaviraBeach nearby - Beautiful sandy beach close byRecommended by - Sawdays
Memmo Baleeira 144 rooms from £75Sagres
Chic and airy minimalist beachfront hotel with superb sea views. White on white rooms with glorious private balconies. Fantastic outdoor pool, spa, and a cosy restaurant. Endless activities to keep all entertained. Ideal beach escape.Active Holiday - There are endless options for the active guest- explore the coast on foot, two wheels or even by boat or learn to dive and surf.Families - This is family holiday heaven- with kids club, kiddie menu, junior dive courses, plenty of beaches and activties.Great walks - Take a picnic and head out along this rugged and stunning coastline and discover some of the least spoilt beaches in Europe.Diving - Divers will be amazed by the variety of local species, both fauna and flora. Shipwrecks, some in shallow waters.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Companhia das culturas 8 rooms from £79Algarve
Charming and rustic hotel on 40 hectare working farm. Rooms have whitewashed walls, antique furnishings and French doors leading out into garden. With a hammam Turkish bath, outdoor saltwater pool, yoga, Tai-chi and Qi-gong classes. Close to beaches, local markets and great walks. Value chic.Great walks - Around Castro Marim and Cacela VelhaFull of character - Simple and rural rustic charmFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Sawdays
Convento 9 rooms from £88Olhao
Hidden in the artistic pilgrimage site of Olhao, Convento encapsulates the rich elegance and charm of the surrounding city. A tranquil atmosphere pervades throughout the hotel with its beautiful rooms and peaceful central courtyard. Perfect for a relaxing escape in the Algarve.Romantic Break - Hidden away down a picturesque street, it's the perfect escape in the Algarve for a intimate, romantic break.Sights nearby - Take a day-trip to Tavira with it's historic, hilltop castle.Birdwatching - The surrounding coastline is great for birdwatching.Fishing - Sea fishing trips can be organised by the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Quinta Bonita 8 rooms from £92Lagos, Algarve
A rural romantic hotel with beautiful gardens and a lovely pool. Suites are glamorous in an old world sort of way - elegant four poster beds, pale mother of pearl coloured throws, and stone floors, all with private balconies. Very picturesque, and grown up.Romantic Break - A wonderfully private and secluded spot, beautiful gardens and fabulous beaches, romantic walks or simply poolside heaven.Sights nearby - Plenty to do and see in nearby LagosViews - Panoramic ocean viewsLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Sawdays
Pousada de Faro 63 rooms from £95Faro, Algarve
An historic 18th century Rococo palace in the village of Estoi, ten kilometres from Faro. Now a comfortable hotel with a swimming pool, spa and restaurant O Visconde serving Portuguese specialities. The original ornate rooms are paired with contemporary furnishings, bedroom suites are luxurious.Restaurant - The restaurnt serves typical Portguese dishes such as Gaspacho, Tuna Carpaccio and Cataplana FishPalace - The palace was built by Jose Franciscio da Silva, Viscount of EstoiSit-out Terrace - Hot sunny terrace and shady parasols by the swimming poolSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Vila Monte Farm House 53 rooms from £100Moncarapacho, Algarve
A refreshing Moorish style retreat, nestled in orange groves and organic gardens. Light, airy and effortlessly stylish rooms offer seclusion, comfort and private terraces. Gourmet farm to fork cuisine served in a relaxed atmosphere. Two pools, tennis courts, and open air cinema seal the deal. Bliss!Romantic Break - A sophisticated couples paradise- with secluded rooms, private terraces, couples massages and romantic picnics on the beach.Foodies - The wholesome delicious cuisine never dissapoints- perhaps because it comes straight from the garden or local organic farms.Cooking classes - The chef happily takes tours to the local markets such as Olhao's big fish market.Sights nearby - Ruins of Milreu in Estoi.Recommended by - Tablet, Relais & Chateaux, Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Farmhouse of the Palms 5 rooms from £101São Brás de Alporte, Algarve
Farmhouse of the Palms is a glorious B&B set in a 200 year old Portuguese farmhouse. Mixing its original design with a modern aesthetic, the hotel's rooms are stylish and chic. Lounge by the hotel's wonderful pool or take a bike ride through the beautiful Algarve surroundings.Sights nearby - Three miles from the magnificent Ruins of Milreu in Estoi.Local markets - Visit the nearby Loulé Saturday market.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Pousada Convento Tavira 36 rooms from £114Tavira, Algarve
A beautifully restored 16th Century convent on Tavira’s castle hill. With Renaissance cloisters, courtyard pool and central garden. Pretty rooms with splashes of bright colour and private balconies. Enjoy the traditional regional cuisine and wide range of Portuguese wines.Value chic - Reasonably priced charming Baroque and Renaissance Pousadas steeped in history with, plush rooms and pretty courtyard garden.Sights nearby - Within walking distance of the town’s great sites, such as the 16th-century Igreja da Misericórdia.Great walks - With wonderful walking around the hilly countryside and through the historic town.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Monte da Vilarinha from £114Algarve
A lovely family hotel in a stunning valley location surrounded by mountains, beaches, and lakes. A collection of studios, apartments, and lodges with all the mod cons, including DVD players. Large crescent pool, lunch and dinner by arrangement, a playground for outdoor pursuits.Active Holiday - The setting provides all the inspiration you need to walk, cycle, ride, sail or just happily relax in beautiful surroundings.Families - Studios, apartments and lodges perfect for families of all sizes.Surfing - The Costa Vicentina is home to some of Europe's best beaches.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Vila Valverde 15 rooms from £120Valverde, Algarve
Lavish accommodation surrounded by orange groves and olive trees. Contemporary white building with lots of natural light, huge terraces, and beautiful views over the grounds. Portugese specialities in the restaurant and lovely swimming pool. A real hideout in supreme comfort.Total relaxation - Crafted for relaxtion, with comfortable suites, massage treatments, sauna and laid back atmosphere.Great walks - Explore the Monchique hills on foot, the hotel will provide a light packed lunch.Fishing - The hotel will organise big game fishing trips on request.Restrictions on children - This is an adults only property
Anantara Vilamoura Resort 280 rooms from £121Olhos de Agua
A luxury hotel and spa set within sprawling grounds in Portugal's Algarve. Clean contemporary style throughout is dotted with local pottery and artefacts. Offering an array of pursuits and, of course, a fabulous spa there's plenty to keep everyone entertained.Total relaxation - A 'has it all' property offering a fabulous spa, two pools and the option to play a round of golf too.Sailing - Enjoy a romantic cruise around the bay.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel 38 rooms from £132Sagres (Vila do Bispo)
The varying luxury accommodation at Martinhal, from rooms to beachfront condos to private villas, makes this resort ideal for energetic family holidays. The plethora of water sports and activities available is thrilling.Resort - Your own stylish villa with activites, entertainment and delicious menus. How to make your stay stress free.Private villas - The resort is made up of varying private villas and beachfront condos.Families - The Village accommodation is ideal for familiesOn the beach - Villas and condos directly on the beach frontRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Vila Campina 9 rooms from £145Tavira, Algarve
Bright white beacon of slick sophistication amidst rural farmland. A Moorish style guesthouse with modern white on white bedrooms, tranquil gardens, a stunning swimming pool, and nearby beach. Ideal for completely unwinding.Beach Life - Set next to some of Algarve’s unspoilt beaches, enjoy long walks, boats trips, swimming and fishing.Birdwatching - The B&B sits in the Ria Formosa Natural Park, wander around its famed island lagoons and try and spot the local birdlife.Local markets - A must for all foodies is the Olhão farmer's market every Saturday.Swimming Pool - Lovely salt water poolRecommended by - I Escape
Pine Cliffs Resort 535 rooms from £167Olhos de Agua (Apartado 887)
A pretty white washed resort on the stunning Algarve coast. Simply designed rooms are light and airy with large balconies, terracotta tiled floors and crisp linen. An array of activities including the resort's own golf course, spa, pools and tennis courts is sure to keep all the family entertained.Families - With numerous on-site activities on offer this is the perfect spot for families.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor poolsSecluded setting - For escaping.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Vivenda Miranda 25 rooms from £183Lagos (Algarve)
Intimate 17th Century villa resting in luscious tropical gardens, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Organic Mediterranean food, made with fresh local produce. Comfortable rooms surround the pool and bask in the undisturbed ocean view. A charming resort with Provencal style rooms.Spa breaks - Pampering spa with extensive choice of organic, ethical and sustainable treatments, sauna, steam room, foot spa and jacuzzi.Romantic Break - A secluded paradise on the Atlantic- plenty of opportunities for romance with sunset walks and candlelight dinners for two.Local markets - The summer months see the streets filled with trinkets, however the Fish Market in the early morning is worth a visit.Sights nearby - Lagos town is a beautiful example of an old Portuguese fishing town, fort and all.
Vila Vita Parc 170 rooms from £175Porches, Algarve
Exclusive cliff-top family resort with Moorish-style accommodation in lush gardens. Contemporary, light rooms with white on white decor drawing the eye to the spectacular sea views. Fantastic children's facilities, tennis courts, golf course, luxurious spa, and excellent food. A beach paradise.Families - Loads of kiddie stuff so parents can unwind- playground with trampoline, swings and slides, kids club, creche and pool.Foodies - Eight onsite restaurants to choose from- we recommend the tasting menu from two Michelin Star Ocean with wine pairing.Diving - Vila Vita Parc run dive certification courses as well as courses in underwater photography& deep sea diving.Fishing - The concierge will organise for guests to head out on the ocean and try their hand at deep sea fishing.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Fazenda Nova 10 rooms from £182Santo Estevao, Algarve
This traditional Portuegese villa cum modern sanctuary sits in the rolling hills of the Algarve. Private suites with their modernist luxury are perfect nests for a couples hideaway. The sporting scenery of the beach and hills around make it a fun spot too.Garden - Each apartment has its private garden and the property sits in 10 acres of land.Hideaway - A luxury country retreat ideal for couples.Suites - Suites, apartments, and penthouses.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays, Mr & Mrs Smith
Casa Mae 30 rooms from £193Lagos
A striking white property standing tall in the historic streets of Lagos. Find a perfect mix of traditional and contemporary design throughout with white on white hues, wooden floors and plenty of glass. An excellent restaurant serves up traditional healthy fare and a choice selection of wines.Local exploring - Well located to explore the historic city and access the beautiful beaches.Kayaking - Kayak along the coast to marvel at the natural arches and explore the caves.Sights nearby - Admire the stunning frescoes in the Igreja de Santo António.Great walks - Wander through the historic streets of Lagos.
Bela Vista Hotel & Spa 38 rooms from £202Portimão (Praia Da Rocha)
A unique boutique hotel on the beach front. Cerulean blue walls in striking rooms and suites match the azure of the sea seen from private balconies. Excellent spa facilities and a dreamy swimming pool make this spot a very luxurious beach holiday.Beach Life - A unique setting, almost completely surrounded by a beautiful sandy beach.Watersports - The property sits directly on the beach.Restrictions on children - Adults only propertySwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Hotel Quinta do Lago 141 rooms from £294Almancil, Algarve
A prestigious 5* star property in the Algarve with fantastic facilities, panoramic views and private bridge to the beach. Suites are spacious and well decorated with balconies and a great selection of restaurants. Enjoy the luxurious beach life with a range of activities, pools and spa treatments.Active Holiday - A golfers paradise with four courses within the Quinta do Lago development, plus ping pong, hiking, cycling, and watersports.Total relaxation - With five star facilities, top of the range spa treatments, Hammam and plenty of poolside lounging.Great walks - Wonderful walks along the Quinta do Lago and along the private beach area.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and indoor poolsRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Vila Joya 22 rooms from £298Albufeira, Algarve
Two-star Michelin restaurant with five-star rooms, fabulous spa, and majestic sea views. Moorish style architecture and the use of "azulejos" tiles maintains a traditional feel. An abundance of activities on offer within the hotel. A truly indulgent stay.Foodies - Chef Dieter Koschina runs the Two Michelin Star restaurant- phenomenally tasty, locally sourced and utterly inspired cuisine.Spa breaks - An indulgent spa with extensive therapies including Swedish massage, aromatherapy and reflexology.Lively - Hip and happening.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Recommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Fodors