Search the best hotels in Newquay
With its collection of nine white sandy beaches and sweeping Atlantic waves, Newquay has become the capital of Cornish surfing. And there are plenty of the after-dark pub accoutrements in the town to cater to this crowd, as well as a number of great restaurants and several clubs and a wide range of accommodation making it hard to choose amongst the best places to stay in Newquay.
What Not To Miss
- Jamie Oliver has a branch of Fifteen on the flat, broad beach of Watergate Bay, just to the east of Newquay, but Fistral is probably the most famous beach, home to the annual Boardmasters surfing festival.
- Newquay also has several family-friendly attractions, including a zoo, an aquarium, an Owl Sanctuary, the Dairyland Farm World and the Crealy Adventure Park theme park.
- There are also some great rock pooling sites ideal for finding some of the local marine life.
- Sit inside legendary aircraft including the Harrier Jumpjet at the Cornwall Aviation Heritage Centre. A great opportunity for hands-on interaction with iconic historical aircraft.
- Catch a ride on the Lappa Valley Steam Railway with historic steam trains taking passengers around the route. There's also a variety of other activities including crazy golf, pedalos and an adventure playground making it great for families.
Some of the best places to stay in Newquay are perfect for families, while some don't accommodate under 16s, so you’ve got a good choice whatever the size of your travelling companions.
For beach location
- Lewinnick Lodge is right on the point with wonderful views of the Cornish coastline. There are ten simple, stylish rooms decorated in pale colours and with all the mod. cons., including pale coloured modern bathroom suites. You’re right on the beach and there’s a great beach terrace bar and restaurant.
- Fistral Beach Hotel has wonderful views and a relaxing atmosphere abound at this coastal charmer. Delightful rooms, a superb spa and an excellent restaurant are just a few reasons to visit Fistral Beach Hotel.
- The Bedruthan Steps Hotel is a great option for families, just up the coast in Mawgan Porth. There are 101 modern rooms, many of them with wonderful beach views, plus two pools, a spa and kid’s club.
For adult sophistication
- Also in Mawgan Porth, The Scarlet is a wonderfully relaxing option. This eco-hotel overlooks the beach and their spa offers Ayurvedic treatments, as well as incredible ocean views.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties ideal for enjoying the beaches and activities.
- Fly to Cornwall Airport Newquay located 8km (5 miles) from Newquay. The airport caters mostly to domestic destinations although also does have links to Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Newquay with rail links to major cities including London via Par.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful coastline, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September provide the warmest weather for enjoying the beaches and plethora of outdoor activities available.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Newquay,
- Alternatively, widen the net and check out all our Cornwall recommendations.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Newquay
Best Hotels in Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel Newquay (North Cornwall) 71 rooms from £85Surfing - Some of Cornwall's finest surfing spots are just a short drive away.Great walks - The surrounding coastline is full of stunning walking trails.Birdwatching - The Cornish coastline is a hotspot for seabirds.Sailing - Launch your boat from Newquay and set sail.
Lewinnick Lodge Newquay (North Cornwall) 10 rooms from £145Sights nearby - The Blue Reef Aquarium and Newquay Zoo are a short driveSailing - Newquay sailing club for all your nautical needsSurfing - Newquay surf school is a great place to learnGreat walks - Ask for a map of the many coastal walks
Wake up to views of the rugged Cornish coastline. Simple yet stylish, modern rooms decorated in light palettes with modern bathroom suites to match. The beach is quite literally on your doorstep. Enjoy dinner and a drink out on the breezy terrace.This hotel is like a breath of fresh sea air. See More
Bedruthan Steps Hotel Mawgan Porth, Cornwall 101 rooms from £159Eco break - A sustainable and environmentally minded hotel with an extensive responsible tourism pledge, see website for further details.Groups - This hotel is ideal for an active creative group holiday with workshops, open air theatre and plenty of fun facilities.Spa breaks - Pamper yourself at the top of the range luxury spa, using all natural products and treatments- heaven!Families - With family orientated rooms, activities, nursery and kids club its ideal for all the family.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from a family-friendly hotel. Modern interiors throughout with the comfortable rooms capturing the beach views. Herring Restaurant is Cornish throughout using locally sourced ingredients. Relax by one of the two pools, or at the spa. See More
Tolcarne Beach Colonial Rooms Newquay (North Cornwall) 9 rooms from £160Beach Life - Located directly on a beautiful stretch of private beachSurfing - The surf in Newquay is world renowned and a number of surf schools operate from the beachesGreat walks - Take long blustery walks along the picturesque coastal pathRestrictions on children - Adult only
A chic collection of beach cabins and suites set directly on a private stretch of beach. Interiors are quirky and luxurious, filled with antiques and offering indulgent bathrooms and terraces for beach views. The restaurant serves up particularly good seafood. An ideal pick for a romantic break. See More
The Scarlet, Cornwall Mawgan Porth, Cornwall 37 rooms from £195Romantic Break - You, your loved one (and even the pooch) can enjoy an indulgent coastal staySpa breaks - Excellent spa with a range of Ayurvedic treatmentsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolGreat walks - South West Coast Path.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Relaxing, purpose-designed eco-friendly hotel overlooking Mawgan Porth beach. Contemporary furniture and modern local art adorns bedroom walls. Great sea views from the cocktail lounge and stylish hotel restaurant. Fantastic spa facility for ultimate relaxation and great outdoor activities nearby. See More