- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best Hotel Views on Santorini
Spectacular Santorini, the crescent of multicoloured rock around the bright blue ocean, with the blue and white sugar cube architecture cut right into the cliffs, is one of the world’s most spectacular views. For many visitors it’s the view which lures us in, and the fascinating culture, history and architecture which makes us want to return as quickly as possible. It’s tough competition choosing the best hotel views on Santorini. So many hotels have spectacular terraces, or private balconies, which open out over the caldera.
But our Gurus have narrowed it down to the very finest in their list of Santorini's best hotels with a view. They’ve rated uninterrupted caldera views in Imerovigli, a honeymoon classic in Thira with a ‘wowzer’ infinity pool and some amazing converted cave houses in Oia with their own private balconies. But don’t take their word for it, they’ve provided photos too…
- San Antonio’s stunning, uninterrupted views of the caldera can be seen from the private balconies of all of its 25 rooms. Which also benefit from beautiful white decor, butler service, and an extensive spa menu. And there’s a gourmet restaurant.
- Katikies is a romantic dream in white and blue with 27 luxuriously tranquil rooms and stunning views - obviously. They also have an exceptional infinity pool and a poolside restaurant and excellent wine bar. Plus an extensive spa.
- The Astarte Suites in Thira is a collection of nine suites in the clouds of Santorini - each with their own private jacuzzi and balcony, on which champagne breakfasts are served. You’re close to the beaches but there’s also a lovely pool.
- Converted from 300 year old cave dwellings, the Perivolas Lifestyle Houses are now a collection of 19 tranquil, luxurious rooms, plus stunning infinity pool and beautiful terraced gardens.
- The Ikies Traditional Houses are along a similar line, a five star collection of rooms, suites and maisonettes cut into the cliff face, all facing out onto dreamy caldera views. The furnishings are all white and some have private hot tubs, also with caldera views.
On a Shoestring
- If you thought Santorini was out of your price range think again, the Remezzo Villas in Imerovigli are a collection of 18th Century villas nestled into the cliffside with traditional Cycladean features and colours, and a room rate of less than £90 per night (assuming you visit in low season).
- Also in Imerovigli, the Hotel Afroessa is a traditional Cycladean hotel with understated rooms and maisonettes, but million dollar views from private balconies and fantastic breakfasts. Their ten rooms start from around £85 per night.
- If you’re in Santorini with your family, then Esperas, which has a collection of 17 suites, studios and villas right on the coast, is a great option. The rooms are charming, with private balconies and splashes of art, plus the great views this article is all about.
From an Infinity Pool
It’s a niche category, but there are some ‘wowzer’ photos!
- Like this one of Grace Santorini, which is cut from the cliff’s edge. There are 22 all-white rooms in this palatial feeling villa, each with a private balcony and some with hot tubs too.
- Chromata has one of the best views in Thira. The 22 rooms are in a series of caves cut into the cliffside, and decorated in Santorini white on white, broken up with a bit of an Aztec flavour. There’s an intimate poolside restaurant plus an impossibly perfect infinity pool.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotel views on Santorini might be perfect for you?
- Refine your search to the best places to stay in Thira
- or the best places to stay in Oia
- Or expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Santorini,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Grace Santorini 22 rooms from £526Imerovigli
A hotel cut from the cliff's edge with wow factor views and indulgent surroundings. All white rooms, suites and a palatial villa with fabulous private balconies and hot tubs. Lovely Mediterranean restaurant and extensive spa. Truly romantic and luxurious.Views - Panoramic sea viewsHoneymoonsRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Wonderful infinity pool with stunning sea views - the largest of its kind on SantoriniRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Perivolas LIfestyle Houses 21 rooms from £482Oia (Oia)
A collection of lifestyle houses converted from 300 year old caves, built into the hillside. Spectacular views and complete tranquility meets laidback luxury and style. Stunning infinity pool, beautiful terraced gardens, and superb contemporary Greek cuisine. A wildly romantic destination.Hideaway - Set in 300 year old caves this stunning seaside property feels a-million miles away from everything.Sailing - Take a boat across the lava islands for magical views of the sulphur exuding caldera.Great walks - Explore the winding alleys of Oia, filled with charming churchs and craft boutiques.Sights nearby - Discover the ancient ruins of the Minoan Akrotiri.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Ikies Traditional Houses 11 rooms from £347Oia
Five Star Santorini-chic designed for honeymooners and romantic getaways. Unusual rooms, suites and maisonettes carved from the cliff face. Dreamy Caldera views, private hot tubs, all white furnishings. A very romantic spot within walking distance of the town centre.ChicHoneymoonsViews - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.
San Antonio 25 rooms from £351Imerovigli
Five Star luxury and Santorini chic from the cliff top. Gorgeous all white suites with private jacuzzis, butler service and balconies. Gourmet restaurant, extensive spa, and all-round perfection. An ideal choice for romantics, honeymooners, and weddings.Views - Stunning uninterrupted views of the calderaHoneymoons5* Luxury - Very high service standards.WellbeingRecommended by - CN Traveller, Small Luxury Hotels
Chromata 25 rooms from £320Imerovigli
Tradition meets cool contemporary on the most spectacular island in Greece. A series of cave houses in the cliffside, with white on white decor broken with stylish aztec bed throws. Impossibly perfect infinity pool and an intimate poolside restaurant both boast killer views. Ideal for honeymooners.Honeymoons - Sun, sea in a wonderously romantic honeymoon suite with private terrace, secluded Jacuzzi and sleek modern interiors.Sailing - Sail around the island and take in the stunning white villages and deserted beaches.Restrictions on children - Not suitable for children under thirteenViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith
Esperas 17 rooms from £132Oia
All white rustic chic accommodation ranging from studios to suites to separate villas on Oia's coastline. Charming rooms have splashes of art, kitchenettes, private balconies and spectacular views. Beautiful, romantic, family friendly too.Romantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelFamiliesValue chicRecommended by - I Escape
Katikies 27 rooms from £868Oia
A totally unique boutique honeymooner hotel draped over the cliffs of Oia. Cool and tranquil luxurious rooms with stunning views. Exceptionally lovely infinity pool and spa. Fresh mediterranean cuisine is served poolside as well as fine dining on the rooftop. The ideal place to completely unwind.Total relaxation - Enjoy A.Spa's restorative treatments, cocktails by the infinty pool, phenomenal rooftop dining and impeccable 24 hour service.Honeymoons - Sun, sea, tranquility and oh-so-romantic- five star service in these achingly chic cliff side cottages overlooking Caldera.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby village of Oia, the main square and sunset views are breathtaking.Swimming Pool - Gorgeous infinity pools - Top 50 Hotel pools.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Hotel Afroessa 10 rooms from £88Imerovigli
A traditional hotel with fabulous sea views, understated rooms and maisonettes, and fantastic breakfasts from private balconies. A romantic understated spot, and great value too.Views - Stunning views from every roomRomantic BreakValue chicGreat walks - Easy access to the "Caldera Trail" which links Oia and Fira