- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Lake Como’s Best B&Bs
Lake Como is a spectacular natural beauty, sprinkled with pretty hamlets and elegant towns with lakeside villas. A feeling of tranquility pervades and there’s not a new-build hotel or a large highway to be seen. It’s got a reputation for being glamorous and somewhat expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. And one of the best ways to visit this area on a budget is to stay in one of Lake Como’s best B&Bs.
But Lake Como’s Best B&Bs aren’t just for the budget conscious, they’re also for people who love getting advice and inside knowledge from the locals, or who love meeting people on holidays. Or even for those who love staying somewhere tiny, where they can hide away and not really have to meet anyone. Personalised, and with charming attention to detail, our Guru’s list of Lake Como’s best B&Bs aren’t just the best B&Bs on the lake, they’re also some of the best places to stay on Lake Como period.
Lake Como’s Best B&Bs
- The Nest on the Lake in Lezzeno is right by the lake with beautiful views from the five elegant rooms and self-catering apartments. Some of the rooms have four poster beds and private terraces, plus there’s a lovely sun deck and you can rent bikes and canoes.
- Alpe del Lupo has three chic bedrooms off the beaten track in Blessagno. The decor is traditional, but the furniture quite modern, plus there’s a huge communal dining room and lounge - both with large fireplaces. So this is a great one to take over if you’re travelling in a small, adults-only group.
- The Convento Sant'Antonio B&B is a converted convent just steps away from the Duomo in the hear of old Como. There are just three bedrooms/suites, decorated with fine antiques in amongst period features.
For a complete escape
- The B&B Vista Lago is a quiet spot in the hills above the lake, so it’s the perfect place to escape to. There are just three rooms, each of them spacious and modern with its own sun terrace and panoramic lake views. It’s for adults only.
- The Casa del Portico in Mezzagra offers peace and quiet in an out of the way spot surrounded by beautiful gardens. There are four stylish, yet comfortable rooms, with a blend of traditional and modern features, and there’s one apartment. You’re set back from Lake Como but there are still lovely views of the water.
Lake Como’s Best Value B&Bs
- La Canarina B&B is a charming B&B in the heart of Como with two simple, airy bedrooms decorated with antiques and overlooking a beautiful private garden. You’re also just 200metres from the lake.
- Como Luxury Rooms is a boutique guest house with just two sleek, modern bedrooms decorated in cool greys. Located in the heart of Como’s Old Town this is an easy and affordable base - rooms start from around £75 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for Lake Como’s best B&Bs might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como,
- or the best hotels with a view on Lake Como,
- or the best budget hotels on Lake Como,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Nest on the Lake 5 rooms from $126Lezzeno
An adorable lakeside B&B with rooms and self-catering apartments. Elegant bedrooms have four poster beds and private terraces. Lovely sun deck and bikes and canoes to rent. Great value for families, groups or couples.Views - Wonderful views over Lake ComoValue chicSights nearby - Some of Como's most spectacular villas are very close byKayaking - Rent one of the B&B's canoes
Como Luxury Rooms 2 rooms from $103Lake Como
A boutique guest house with sleek modern bedrooms decorated in cool grey colours. An ideal base in the heart of Como Old Town - plenty to explore on the doorstep. Breakfast can be enjoyed in one of the many cafes on the street and coffee is provided in the room. Simplicity at its finest.Local exploring - Great location in the heart of Como Old Town - ideal for exploring on foot, or easy access to the lake and its boats.Value chic - This sleek property has two rooms with prices starting from just €90 per night including breakfast.Great walks - Ride the Funicolare to scenic walking routes
Convento Sant'Antonio B&B 3 rooms from $160Como
A quaint bed and breakfast situated in an old convent in the heart of Como. There are three unique guest suites stylishly decorated with fine antique furniture, period features and smart modern bathrooms. Warm, homely hospitality with good local knowledge and tips for day excursions and activities.Local exploring - The B&B enjoys a fabulous location in the heart of Como's old town and just steps from the Duomo.Great walks - There are lots of good hiking routes in the area for all abilities.Sailing - Enjoy a day sailing on Lake ComoFull of character
La Canarina B&B 2 rooms from $109Como
A charming bed and breakfast in the heart of Como. Bedrooms are simple and airy with natural wooden floorboards and antique wrought iron beds, all overlooking a beautiful private garden. A good location to explore Como on foot with plenty to see from the doorstep and just 200m from the lake.Local exploring - Located in the centre of Como, you're ideally placed to explore on foot.Value chic - Beautiful rooms from just €95 per night B&B.Great walks - Travel up the Funicular and enjoy walks for all abilities overlooking the lakeSights nearby - Como Cathedral is just minutes away
Alpe del Lupo 3 rooms from $114Blessagno, Lake Como
A chic off the beaten track B&B with three stylish bedrooms that combine modern Italian furniture with traditional interior features. Plus there's a large communal dining room and relaxing lounge both with large fire places - perfect for groups. Lots of activities nearby and excellent value too.Groups - With just three rooms, take over the whole property and make the place your own!Hideaway - A beautiful off the beaten track locationSights nearby - Hosts have local knowledgeRestrictions on children - Adults only
Casa del Portico 5 rooms from $149Tremezzina, Mezzegra, Lake Como
Casa del Portico is a charming B&B with gorgeous flower filled gardens in a quiet spot. Simple yet stylish and comfortable rooms blend traditional and modern features and offer lovely lake views. And there's an apartment for independent sorts! Great value in a prime location for exploring Lake Como.Local exploring - Great location for exploring the southern end of Lake ComoHideaway - A lovely spot, slightly off the beaten track.Great walks - The Greenway or the Larian Mountain routesSights nearby - Visit local Private Villas and GardensRecommended by - Sawdays
B&B Vista Lago 3 rooms from $159Como
This quiet B&B, set in the hills above Lake Como offers guests spacious, modern bedrooms, each with a private sun terrace and panoramic lake views. With just three rooms and no kids allowed, it is ideal for a romantic break or as a base for exploring the surrounding area.Local exploring - You can hire bikes or cars at the property, so it's an ideal base for exploring further afieldGreat walks - On the edge of Parco Regionale Spina Verde di Como, with fantastic walking on the doorstepSights nearby - Just outside Como and easy access to the best local sights.Views - All rooms have a private terrace with panoramic lake views