Lake Como’s Best B&Bs
Lake Como is a spectacular natural beauty, sprinkled with pretty hamlets and elegant towns with lakeside villas. A feeling of tranquility pervades and there’s not a new-build hotel or a large highway to be seen. It’s got a reputation for being glamorous and somewhat expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. And one of the best ways to visit this area on a budget is to stay in one of Lake Como’s best B&Bs. But these properties aren’t just for those looking for great value, they’re also for people who love getting advice and inside knowledge from the locals, or who love meeting people on holidays. Or even for those who love staying somewhere tiny, where they can hide away and not really have to meet anyone. Personalised, and with charming attention to detail, our Gurus' list of Lake Como’s best B&Bs aren’t just the best B&Bs on the lake, they’re also some of the best places to stay on Lake Como period.
For a room with a view
- The Nest on the Lake in Lezzeno is right by the lake with beautiful views from the five elegant rooms and self-catering apartments. Some of the rooms have four poster beds and private terraces, plus there’s a lovely sun deck and you can rent bikes and canoes.
For a Complete Escape
- The B&B Vista Lago is a quiet spot in the hills above the lake, so it’s the perfect place to escape to. There are just three rooms, each of them spacious and modern with its own sun terrace and panoramic lake views. It’s for adults only.
For great value
- Como Luxury Rooms is a boutique guest house with just two sleek, modern bedrooms decorated in cool greys. Located in the heart of Como’s Old Town this is an easy and affordable base - rooms start from around £75 per night.
- La Canarina B&B is a charming B&B in the heart of Como with two simple, airy bedrooms decorated with antiques and overlooking a beautiful private garden. You’re also just 200metres from the lake.
Still not sure which to book?
- You might want to expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como
- Or consider just best hotels with a view on Lake Como, or the best budget hotels on Lake Como
- Or you might want to refine your search by location and search for just the best places to stay in Como or the best places to stay in Bellagio
- Alternatively, you might want to contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Nest on the Lake Lezzeno 5 rooms from £95Hideaway - The lakeside property feels secluded and quiet, perfect to get away from it allLocal exploring - Located an easy boat ride to Varenna and other attractionsViews - Wonderful views over Lake ComoSights nearby - Some of Como's most spectacular villas are very close by
Como Luxury Rooms Lake Como 2 rooms from £103Local exploring - Great location in the heart of Como Old Town - ideal for exploring on foot, or easy access to the lake and its boats.Value chic - This sleek property has two rooms with a very reasonable price tag which includes breakfastContemporary - Sleek contemporary rooms are decorated in cool greysGreat walks - Ride the Funicolare to scenic walking routes
A boutique guest house with sleek modern bedrooms decorated in cool grey colours. An ideal base in the heart of Como Old Town - plenty to explore on the doorstep. Breakfast can be enjoyed in one of the many cafes on the street and coffee is provided in the room. Simplicity at its finest. See More
La Canarina B&B Como 2 rooms from £99Local exploring - Located in the centre of Como, you're ideally placed to explore on foot.Value chic - Beautiful rooms from just €95 per night B&B.Great walks - Travel up the Funicular and enjoy walks overlooking the lakeSights nearby - Como Cathedral is just minutes away
A charming bed and breakfast in the heart of Como. Bedrooms are simple and airy with natural wooden floorboards and antique wrought iron beds, all overlooking a beautiful private garden. A good location to explore Como on foot with plenty to see from the doorstep and just 200m from the lake. See More
B&B Vista Lago Como 3 rooms from £152Romantic Break - With only three smart bedrooms, and no kids allowed, plus views to die for from your private terrace, it's perfect for romanticsLocal exploring - You can hire bikes or cars at the property, so it's an ideal base for exploring further afieldGreat walks - On the edge of Parco Regionale Spina Verde di Como, with fantastic walking on the doorstepSights nearby - Just outside Como and easy access to the best local sights.
This quiet B&B, set in the hills above Lake Como offers guests spacious, modern bedrooms, each with a private sun terrace and panoramic lake views. With just three rooms and no kids allowed, it is ideal for a romantic break or as a base for exploring the surrounding area. See More