- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
The Best Budget Hotels on Lake Como
Lake Como is known for its beauty and glamour, but it doesn’t have to come with the price tag often associated with such a well heeled destination. There are plenty of ways to see the lakes without breaking the bank, from visiting in the shoulder seasons, April or October, to staying at one of the towns on the quieter, northern stretches of lake, to staying in a campsite. But one of the best places to start is our Guru’s recommendations for the best budget hotels on Lake Como.
Our Guru’s list of the best budget hotels on Lake Como even includes a great value recommendation in famed stunner, Bellagio and numerous choices in pretty Varenna, just a 15minute ferry ride away. If you do stay in Varenna or Bellagio don’t be disheartened by the prices in the waterfront bars and cafes, walk a little way up the hill and you’ll pay a couple of euros less for everything. In fact that advice probably goes for all the lakeside towns.
Swimming in the lake, admiring the view, hiking up into the hills and admiring the lake’s many beautiful villas and churches are all done with no outlay, and the ferries which jet to and fro across the lake are quite good value. It’s also easy to find inexpensive canoe or kayak hire, or bike hire, and travel under your own steam.
The Best Budget Lake Como Hotels
- The Hotel Florence in glamorous Bellagio is a stunning hotel with design mimicking its Florentine namesake. It has just 27 lovely rooms and sumptuous suites, with private balconies and spectacular views - of course! There’s also a gourmet restaurant and a spa, and all starting from around £130 per night (low season).
- For a similar room rate, one might also stay in the Relais Villa Vittoria, in Laglio, a wonderfully romantic hotel right on the edge of the lake. As well as beautiful views, this hotel has 11 delicately sumptuous rooms, an excellent restaurant, and peaceful terraces overlooking the lake. Perfect for honeymooners.
- Owned by the same family for four generations, the Albergo Olivedo is a gorgeous ten room townhouse hotel right by the lake at Varenna. The decor is traditional, with stone floors, pastel walls and private balconies. Family friendly and laid back, the Albergo Olivedo also has a lovely little Italian restaurant. Rooms start from around £90 per night.
- Also in Varenna, the Albergo Milano is a charming hotel in an enchanting lakeside setting. There are a collection of 14 rooms, triples and apartments, all with stone floors, whitewashed walls and private balconies. There’s also a lovely restaurant. Rooms start at around £110 per night.
- Lezzeno’s Nest on the Lake is a charming little lakeside B&B with five rooms and self-catering apartments. Bedrooms have four-poster beds and private terraces and there are lovely sun decks to share. They’ll also rent you a bike or a canoe. And all for under £100 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best budget Lake Como hotels might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como,
- or refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Como,
- or the best family hotels on Lake Como?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotel Florence 27 rooms from $177Bellagio
Stunning hotel on the shore of Lake Como. Interior design mimics its Florentine namesake in its elegance and combinations of colour. Sumptuous suites with private balconies, gourmet restaurant, spa and spectacular views. A very romantic and sophisticated spot.Views - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoHoneymoonsRomantic BreakRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Relais Villa Vittoria 11 rooms from $183Laglio
Utterly romantic hotel on the edge of Lake Como. Spectacular views, delicately sumptuous rooms, excellent restaurant and terraces, and plenty to do on the lake. Honeymooners would be in heaven!Views - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoHoneymoonsWellbeingRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Albergo Milano 14 rooms from $149Varenna
Charming lakeside hotel. An enchanting setting on Lake Como, various rooms, triples and apartments, with white washed walls and private balconies. Very good restaurant and spectacular views from the terrace. A great choice for families, groups and romantic breaks.Sit-out Terrace - Fabulous restaurant terrace over Lake Como.Views - Great views from hotelFamiliesGroupsRecommended by - Sawdays
Albergo Olivedo 10 rooms from $126Varenna
Gorgeous townhouse hotel on Lake Como. Charmingly traditional bedrooms have stone floors, pastel walls, and private balconies. Magnificent views from every room and authentic Italian food. Laid back, family friendly.Views - Great views over Lake ComoTraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
Nest on the Lake 5 rooms from $126Lezzeno
An adorable lakeside B&B with rooms and self-catering apartments. Elegant bedrooms have four poster beds and private terraces. Lovely sun deck and bikes and canoes to rent. Great value for families, groups or couples.Views - Wonderful views over Lake ComoValue chicSights nearby - Some of Como's most spectacular villas are very close byKayaking - Rent one of the B&B's canoes