- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Hotels with a View on Lake Como
Lake Como is an exceptional beauty. Her pristine waters sparkle under the alpine sunlight and a ring of green mountains rise up sharply and protectively around her, keeping things calm. She has a scattering of islands, and some of Italy’s most charming towns, and most luxurious fishing villages, nestled into her gentle bays. Lake Como’s unspoiled views are just one reason why one might want to spend as much of one’s leisure time here as possible. So our Guru’s guide to the best hotels with a view on Lake Como is a great shortlist from where to chose the best place to stay on Lake Como.
Lake Como’s shoreline is dotted with pretty towns, including the exquisite Bellagio and the wonderfully unspoiled fishing village of Varenna, but there are plenty of other hamlets to consider, and our Guru’s list of the best hotels with a view on Lake Como offers suggestions from all around the lake’s edge.
The Best Hotels with a View on Lake Como
For a luxury stay
- Bellagio’s opulent Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is an elegant grand dame, with all the trappings of old fashioned luxury. Think doric columns, beautiful antiques, frescoed ceilings, grand sun terraces, spectacular lake views - of course - and a Michelin starred restaurant. They also have a private boat.
- Or there’s the equally grand, but not quite as lavish, Grand Hotel Tremezzo with 89 elegant rooms right on the water’s edge. Five stars worth of beautifully understated interiors plus generous sun terraces, an excellent restaurant and spa and parklands surrounding the hotel. Plus, one of the pools actually floats on the lake!
For lakeside position
- If you want to be right on Lake Como, try the Villa d'Este, one of the more traditional five star hotels, the kind with grand state rooms, chandeliers, heavy fabrics, private balconies and private boats.
- Like the Villa d’Este, Villa Flori is right on the water’s edge at Cernobbio. As well as the unbeatable setting, the Villa Flori has 52 contemporary chic rooms and suites, some with enormous balconies which hang out over the lake. Their restaurant offers alfresco dining from its Italian menu, plus there’s a lovely pool and spa.
- The Hotel Florence in charming Bellagio is a stunning hotel whose interiors mimic its Florentine namesake. It has just 27 lovely rooms and sumptuous suites, with private balconies and spectacular views - of course! There’s also a gourmet restaurant and a spa.
- Or how about the Relais Regina Teodolinda in Laglio, which has gardens spreading right down to the water’s edge. There are just six suites, which have a relaxed, almost rustic charm with all the modern conveniences of course.
The Most Romantic Hotels with a View on Lake Como
- Laglio is also where you’ll find the Relais Villa Vittoria, a wonderfully romantic hotel, also right on the edge of the lake. As well as beautiful views, this hotel has 11 gorgeous rooms, an excellent restaurant, and peaceful terraces overlooking the water.
- The Casta Diva Resort & Spa in tiny Blevio is a collection of lakeside villas with 73 magnificent rooms, a huge spa and two gourmet restaurants. The beautiful pool actually part floats on the lake itself and the subterranean spa is cut into the rock of the lakeside.
- The Albergo Milano in Varenna is a charming hotel in an enchanting lakeside setting. There are a collection of 14 rooms, including triples and apartments, all with whitewashed walls and private balconies. There’s also a lovely restaurant.
- Lezzeno’s Nest on the Lake is a charming little lakeside B&B with five rooms and self-catering apartments. Bedrooms have four-poster beds and private terraces and there are lovely sun decks to share. They’ll also rent you a bike or a canoe. And all for under £100 per night.
The Best Value Hotels with a View on Lake Como
- Owned by the same family for four generations, the Albergo Olivedo is a gorgeous ten room townhouse hotel right by the lake at Varenna. The decor is traditional, with stone floors, pastel walls and private balconies. Family friendly and laid back, the Albergo Olivedo also has a lovely little Italian restaurant. Rooms start from around £90 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels with a view on Lake Como might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como,
- or refine your search to the best Luxury hotels on Lake Como,
- or the best hotels on Lake Como for foodies?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotel Florence 27 rooms from $177Bellagio
Stunning hotel on the shore of Lake Como. Interior design mimics its Florentine namesake in its elegance and combinations of colour. Sumptuous suites with private balconies, gourmet restaurant, spa and spectacular views. A very romantic and sophisticated spot.Views - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoHoneymoonsRomantic BreakRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Villa d'Este 152 rooms from $503Cernobbio
Romantic lakeside opulence without compromise. Almost regal bedrooms, suites, and villas have rich chintzy fabrics, chandeliers and private balconies. Spectacular lake views, excellent restaurant, pool and spa, and private boats. Magnificently special.Views - Stunning views over Lake ComoLuxuryRomantic BreakHoneymoonsRecommended by - CN Traveller, Tablet
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni 95 rooms from $298Bellagio
Opulent largesse and Five Star luxury at this elegant grand hotel. Bedrooms and suites have frescoed ceilings, Doric columns, and antique furniture. Michelin-run restaurant, spa, terraces, spectacular views of the lake, and a private boat to take you onto it. Romantic, pampering, historic.HoneymoonsRomantic Break5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Grand Hotel Tremezzo 89 rooms from $329Tremezzo
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands.Views - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountains5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakTotal relaxationRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Casta Diva Resort & Spa 73 rooms from $505Blevio
A Five Star luxury spa hotel on Lake Como. Sprawling villas house magnificent rooms, a huge spa, and two gourmet restaurants. The floating swimming pool extends into the lake. A great choice for total pampering and relaxation.Spa - Subterranean spa hewn from the lakeside rockFoodiesViews - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Relais Regina Teodolinda 6 rooms from $257Laglio
Situated on the very water's edge of Lake Como, this six suite villa enjoys breathtaking scenery. The suites manage to evoke the rustic charm and relaxed atmosphere once typical for holidaymakers of the past, while injecting the odd bit of modern spice with their furnishings. Sophisticated luxury.Views - Experience extraordinary views of Lake Como from all the suites and gardensGarden - Gorgeous gardens on the water's edgeLakesideRomantic BreakRecommended by - CN Traveller
Relais Villa Vittoria 11 rooms from $183Laglio
Utterly romantic hotel on the edge of Lake Como. Spectacular views, delicately sumptuous rooms, excellent restaurant and terraces, and plenty to do on the lake. Honeymooners would be in heaven!Views - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoHoneymoonsWellbeingRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Villa Flori 52 rooms from $199Cernobbio
An unbeatable setting on the water's edge of Lake Como. A beautiful hotel with fabulous facilities. Contemporary chic rooms and suites, some with enormous balconies overhanging the lake. Al fresco dining, delicious Italian cuisine, spa and pool. La Dolce Vita!Romantic - A fairytale setting and rooms to match!Views - Stunning views over the lake.Romantic BreakLuxury
Albergo Milano 14 rooms from $149Varenna
Charming lakeside hotel. An enchanting setting on Lake Como, various rooms, triples and apartments, with white washed walls and private balconies. Very good restaurant and spectacular views from the terrace. A great choice for families, groups and romantic breaks.Sit-out Terrace - Fabulous restaurant terrace over Lake Como.Views - Great views from hotelFamiliesGroupsRecommended by - Sawdays
Nest on the Lake 5 rooms from $126Lezzeno
An adorable lakeside B&B with rooms and self-catering apartments. Elegant bedrooms have four poster beds and private terraces. Lovely sun deck and bikes and canoes to rent. Great value for families, groups or couples.Views - Wonderful views over Lake ComoValue chicSights nearby - Some of Como's most spectacular villas are very close byKayaking - Rent one of the B&B's canoes
Albergo Olivedo 10 rooms from $126Varenna
Gorgeous townhouse hotel on Lake Como. Charmingly traditional bedrooms have stone floors, pastel walls, and private balconies. Magnificent views from every room and authentic Italian food. Laid back, family friendly.Views - Great views over Lake ComoTraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays