The 20 Best Hotels with a View on Lake Como
Lake Como is an exceptional beauty. A real holiday haven, visitors can enjoy the lake and surrounding mountains while also exploring beautiful historic towns and villages. The unspoiled views are iconic which is why our hotel experts have compiled a collection of the best hotels with a view on Lake Como so you can enjoy them throughout the day. Our list has a wide range of options from grand luxury villas brimming with old-world charm to sleek contemporary stays, charming B&Bs, and chic boutique hotels. Whether you are planning a break with family, a getaway with friends or a romantic escape — there is something for everyone here. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next trip?
- With views across to Bellagio, the supremely elegant Grand Hotel Tremezzo has 89 rooms right on the water’s edge. Expect generous sun terraces, an excellent restaurant, a spa and parklands while one of the pools actually floats on the lake!
- With stunning lake views, the Hotel Belvedere in Bellagio is a peaceful retreat which has been run by one family for five generations. The elegant bedrooms and apartments have parquet flooring and Italian furnishings. Guests can enjoy the secluded garden shaded by olive trees and the heated infinity pool with a view.
- Villa Lario is an all-suite luxury property on Lake Como's shores. Here you'll find classic Italianate architecture with thoroughly modern interiors. There are just five suites and an independent villa, plus a private jetty, stunning infinity pool and restaurant serving modern Italian cuisine. A seriously stylish choice!
- Il Sereno, in Torno on the shores of Lake Como, offers luxurious designer suites with breathtaking lake views. Sit out on the terrace with incredible views and enjoy exquisite modern Italian cuisine from the restaurant.
- Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is an opulent villa set in a prime location in Bellagio on the shores of Lake Como. Grand interiors boast antiques, Persian rugs, Murano chandeliers and frescoed ceilings. With a Michelin starred restaurant, two pools, a tennis court, and a spa — you'll wish for nothing here.
For a design hotel
- Filario Hotel is a stylish design hotel with an outdoor infinity pool and a private beach area on Lake Como. Bedrooms are decorated in cool earth tones and modern amenities. Authentic Italian cuisine is served either in the restaurant or on the terrace overlooking the lake. A chic choice.
For a boutique stay
- Vista Palazzo is a luxury boutique hotel offering an idyllic location on Lake Como, just moments from Como's historic centre. Beautifully styled rooms and suites feature bespoke furniture, elegant wooden floors, and velvet armchairs. With personalised service and an intimate restaurant, this is a luxurious base.
For contemporary design
- Casa Sull'Albero is a modern villa set in a scenic garden with panoramic views of Lake Como. Chic contemporary rooms have floor to ceiling windows. Guests are invited to treat this as their home and enjoy the honesty kitchen.
For a lakeside stay
- Villa d'Este is an opulent hotel right on the water’s edge at Cernobbio. The decor is almost regal, with rooms, suites and villas decorated in rich fabrics, and with luxurious features like private balconies and chandeliers. There’s an excellent pool and spa, plus the hotel has its own private boats.
- Like the Villa d’Este, Villa Flori is right on the water’s edge at Cernobbio. As well as the unbeatable setting, the property has contemporary chic rooms and suites, the best with enormous balconies which hang out over the lake. Their restaurant offers alfresco dining from its Italian menu, plus there’s a lovely pool and spa.
- Hotel Florence in charming Bellagio is a stunning hotel whose interiors mimic its Florentine namesake. It has just 27 lovely rooms and sumptuous suites, the best with private balconies and spectacular views (of course). The gourmet restaurant and the small spa make this a standout stay.
- Hotel Du Lac Varenna is a charming lakeside hotel, which has been run by the same family since 1959. There are 16 comfortable bedrooms — some with lake views and private balconies — and a peaceful terrace overlooking the lake with a lovely shaded dining area. It may be small, but the service is fantastic and very knowledgable.
For a B&B
- B&B Vista Lago is a quiet spot in the hills above the lake making it the perfect hideaway. There are just three rooms, each of them spacious and modern with its own sun terrace and panoramic lake views. A tranquil stay for adults only.
- Laglio is where you’ll find the Relais Villa Vittoria, a wonderfully romantic hotel, right on the edge of the lake. As well as beautiful views, this hotel has 11 gorgeous rooms, an excellent restaurant, and peaceful terraces overlooking the water.
- Mandarin Oriental, Lake Como in tiny Blevio is a collection of lakeside villas with magnificent rooms, a huge spa, and two gourmet restaurants. The beautiful pool actually part floats on the lake itself and the subterranean spa is cut into the rock of the lakeside. An indulgent choice for couples.
- Albergo Milano is a charming hotel with an enchanting lakeside setting. There are a collection of 14 rooms all with stone floors, whitewashed walls and private balconies. The option of triples or apartments are ideal for families plus there’s a lovely restaurant too.
- Lezzeno’s Nest on the Lake is a charming little lakeside B&B with five rooms and self-catering apartments perfect for families. Rooms have four-poster beds and private terraces. Bikes and canoes to borrow are a fun addition.
For great value
- Owned by the same family for four generations, the Albergo Olivedo is a gorgeous ten room townhouse hotel right by the lake at Varenna. The decor is traditional, with stone floors, pastel walls and private balconies. Family friendly and laid back, the Albergo Olivedo also has a lovely little Italian restaurant and rooms start from very affordable levels.
- Cernobbio's Casa Santo Stefano is a well-priced adults-only guest house decorated in modern style with four chic guest rooms. Each has a small private lounge area and some have balconies with lake views. Complete with a pool and honesty bar, this is a good option to rent in its entirety,
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como.
- Refine your search to the best value hotels on Lake Como, the best luxury hotels on Lake Como or the best Lake Como hotels for an active break.
- Search by location and focus on the best places to stay in Bellagio or the best places to stay in Varenna.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Hotel Florence Bellagio 27 rooms from £139Romantic Break - Cruise on the lake or stroll through the countryside before unwinding in the small spa, perfect activities for a romantic breakFoodies - Dine on gourmet Italian dishes set on a pretty wisteria-shaded lakeside terraceOwner managed - The property has been in the same family for the past 100 yearsViews - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoRecommended by - CN Traveller
Villa d'Este Cernobbio 152 rooms from £599Garden - Set amid 25 acres of park including manicured gardens which feature magnificent fountains, grand terraces, and trimmed topiaryFoodies - The restaurant is a smart affair (there's a dress code). It served impeccible Italian fine-diningActive Holiday - There's plenty to keep everyone busy here from trekking to SUP or tennisElegant - Complete with glittering chandeliers and traditional art worksRecommended by - CN Traveller, Tablet
Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzo 89 rooms from £521Spa breaks - T-spa specialises in anti-stress and rebalancing treatments, all custom-designed with ESPAOutstanding location - Set right on Lake Como and commanding spectacular views, this property is hard to beatFoodies - Dine in the superb La Terrazza which serves traditional gourmet Italian fareViews - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountainsRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands. See More
Mandarin Oriental, Lake Como Blevio 73 rooms from £607Elegant - A grand 19th century villa decorated with that signiture Asian style of the Mandarin Oriental groupFamilies - Interconnecting rooms make this a great choice for those travelling with childrenTotal relaxation - With a glorious spa and quiet location this is a place to come and truly unwindHotel boats for hire - Take a cruise across the lake on one of the property's boatsRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Relais Villa Vittoria Laglio 11 rooms from £182Weddings - Receptions and intimate marriages are regularly held here and can cater for up to 68 seated guestsTotal relaxation - Spend days lounging in the infinity pool overlooking the lake and mountains or unwind in the spaLocal exploring - Just a short paddle from the village of LaglioViews - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Villa Flori Cernobbio 53 rooms from £188Cycling - Bike storage is provided and guests can either take an easy amble around the lake or head into the mountainsElegant - Beautifully mixing original stuccoes, floral frescoes and wooden floors alongside chic contemporary touchesFoodies - Ristorante Raimondi offers excellent Italian al fresco diningRomantic - A fairytale setting and rooms to match!
Villa Lario Pognana Lario, Lake Como 5 rooms from £425Romantic Break - Gorgeous suites, stunning views, lakeside location and delicious Italian food......It's all here!Local exploring - Ideal luxury base for exploring Lake Como and the surrounding areaViews - Stunning views over Lake Como to the mountains beyondGreat walks - There are great walks for all levels of fitness in the surrounding countryside
Chic Italian architecture meets modern luxury. Elegant all suite accommodation (two corner suites with wrap around balconies), right on Lake Como's shore. Enjoy watersports from the private jetty or relax by the elegant infinity pool. A fine Italian restaurant and stylish lounge complete the picture See More
Albergo Milano Varenna 14 rooms from £130Charming - Pick this property for a tradional stay, the oldest part of the building dates back to the 17th centuryFamilies - With 3 apartments sleeping up to 5 people, this is a great choice for families or small groupsOwner managed - The friendly owners, Bettina and Egidio, often greet their guests personallyLakeside - Take the short stroll down to the lake and go for a swimRecommended by - Sawdays
Nest on the Lake Lezzeno 5 rooms from £95Hideaway - The lakeside property feels secluded and quiet, perfect to get away from it allLocal exploring - Located an easy boat ride to Varenna and other attractionsViews - Wonderful views over Lake ComoSights nearby - Some of Como's most spectacular villas are very close by
Albergo Olivedo Varenna 10 rooms from £134Local exploring - Well located just 5 minutes from Varenna's pretty centre made up of winding cobbled streetsElegant - Traditional interiors see large sash windows, parquet flooring and antiquesSailing - Set on the Varenna jetty, this is a great base to explore the lake by boatOwner managed - Owned by the same family for four generationsRecommended by - Sawdays
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni Bellagio (CO) 95 rooms from £536Foodies - There are two restaurants (both good), the best of which is Michelin-starred and serves sophisticated Italian molecular cuisineFamilies - Families are welcome here and there are plenty of great facilities onsite including the superb indoor pool with slidesGrand Hotel - Grand interiors include marble columns and staircases, antique Persian rugs, trompe l'oeil, and Murano chandeliersHistoric - A Neo-classical building originally built as a luxurious holiday villa for an aristocratic Milanese family in 1852
An opulent and historic villa set in a prime location in Bellagio on the shores of Lake Como. Grand interiors boast antiques, Persian rugs, Murano chandeliers and frescoed ceilings. With a Michelin starred restaurant, two pools, a tennis court, and a spa — you'll wish for nothing here. See More
Vista Palazzo Como 18 rooms from £811Local exploring - Well positioned in Piazza Cavour which is located right on Lake Como's waterfront and a short stroll from the historic centreBoutique - An intimate stay with bespoke furniture, limited rooms, and personalised serviceSailing - The hotel organises private boat tours of the lake in stylish mahogany Riva boatsRestaurant - Creative Italian dishes are served in the intimate fourth floor restaurantRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A luxury boutique hotel offering an idyllic location on Lake Como, just moments from Como's historic centre. Beautifully styled rooms and suites feature bespoke furniture, elegant wooden floors, and velvet armchairs. With personalised service and an intimate restaurant, this is a luxurious base. See More
Filario Hotel Lezzeno 13 rooms from £278Total relaxation - With its private beach, infinity pool with a view, delicious Italian food and super stylish rooms, there's no need to move!Foodies - Authentic Italian cuisine served either in the stylish restaurant or on the terrace overlooking the lakeSelf catering to rent - The property features a range of one to three bedroom properties - ideal for families or small groupsLakeside - Lake Como - with private beach area
A super stylish design hotel with an outdoor infinity pool and private beach area on Lake Como. Bedrooms are decorated in cool earth tones with modern amenities and large showers. Restaurant with terrace overlooking the lake serves trad Italian fare. A chic spot in an excellent lakeside location. See More
Il Sereno Torno 30 rooms from £651Honeymoons - This slice of paradise is the ideal spot for that extra special honeymoon. A pampering hotel in an unforgettable location.Romantic Break - Stunning accommodation, beautiful views and exquisite cuisine make Il Sereno a great destination for a romantic breakFoodies - Michelin star chef Andrea Berton is in charge of Il Sereno's menu- guaranteed to please!Great walks - Head along the banks of the lakes or if you're feeling more adventurous then tackle the many mountain hikes all around the areaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Situated in Torno on the banks of Lake Como, Il Sereno offers luxurious designer suites boasting breathtaking views. Sit out on the terrace enjoying exquisite modern Italian cuisine from the restaurant! Head off on a boat tour and explore the area. An enchanting and romantic spot. See More
Casa Sull'Albero Malgrate 12 rooms from £123Active Holiday - From skiing to horse riding or mountain biking, there's plenty to do in the surrounding areaTotal relaxation - Surrounded by parkland with lake views this is the perfect spot to come and unwindBack to Nature - Floor to ceiling glass walls bring the outside - insideSkiing - There's ski resorts a short drive away
Set in a scenic garden of tall trees with panoramic views of Lake Como. This modern villa has chic, contemporary bedrooms with floor to ceiling windows decorated in a minimalist style. Guests are invited to treat this as their home - come and go as they please and enjoy the honesty kitchen. See More
Casa Santo Stefano Cernobbio 4 rooms from £142Romantic Break - Just four smart rooms with their own sitting areas and some with a terrace, this is a perfect spot for a romantic hideawayHideaway - The property has a hands-off approach to service making this feel like you are in your own homeCountry Escape - Find chic Scandinavian interiors in this pretty rural spot tucked away above CernobbioViews - Stunning views over Lake Como
Casa Santo Stefano is an elegant, adults only guest house decorated in modern style with four chic guest rooms. Each has a small private lounge area and some have balconies with lake views. Unwind by the pool after a day exploring the surrounding area, and help yourself to the honesty bar! See More
B&B Vista Lago Como 3 rooms from £152Romantic Break - With only three smart bedrooms, and no kids allowed, plus views to die for from your private terrace, it's perfect for romanticsLocal exploring - You can hire bikes or cars at the property, so it's an ideal base for exploring further afieldGreat walks - On the edge of Parco Regionale Spina Verde di Como, with fantastic walking on the doorstepSights nearby - Just outside Como and easy access to the best local sights.
This quiet B&B, set in the hills above Lake Como offers guests spacious, modern bedrooms, each with a private sun terrace and panoramic lake views. With just three rooms and no kids allowed, it is ideal for a romantic break or as a base for exploring the surrounding area. See More
Hotel du Lac Varenna Varenna (Lake Como) 16 rooms from £174Romantic Break - Draw back the curtains in the morning for unforgettable views of Lake ComoBack to Nature - Hills, lakes and stunning countryside on your doorstepSights nearby - Spend the day exploring nearby VeronaGreat walks - Enjoy walking in the nearby hills
A charming lakeside hotel with 16 comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms - some with lake views and private balconies. The hotel has a peaceful terrace overlooking the lake with a lovely shaded dining area. A family run property and the number one spot to explore the local area. See More
Hotel Belvedere, Bellagio Bellagio 64 rooms from £256Views - From its elevated position above Bellagio, the Belvedere enjoys fabulous lake views.Local exploring - A great base for exploring Lake Como and the surrounding area.Spa - With Turkish Bath, sauna and comfort zone with stunning mountain views, plus wide range of beauty, body and massage treatmentsRestaurant - Delicious Italian cuisine can be enjoyed either in the Verandah restaurant or outside on the terrace
Set back on a gorgeous hillside, this peaceful retreat has been run by one family for five generations. Enjoy the secluded garden spots shaded by olive trees and the heated infinity pool with a view. Elegant bedrooms and apartments with parquet flooring and Italian furnishings. A beautiful spot. See More