Search the best hotels in Lezzeno
Lezzeno isn’t just one village, it encompasses 17 small villages and hamlets, stretching thinly along seven kilometres of picturesque Lake Como shoreline, running out from Bellagio and up in to the hills behind. This means Lezzeno has lots of waterfront access, and great swathes of waterfront views. Lezzeno’s geographic spread equates to quite a spread of accommodation too, but for our experts the best places to stay in Lezzeno are those with idyllic views, a relaxed atmosphere, and, often, great traditional Italian cuisine. When it comes to types of accommodation in Lezzeno they favour small to mid-sized traditional hotels, converted villas and farmhouses, and self-catering apartments and B&Bs. Lezzeno isn’t the place for grand hotels and super fancy restaurants — though it’s close to Bellagio if you want to sample a touch of the high life.
Lezzeno’s villages don’t entirely hug the lake, some of them creep up the slopes of the Colmenacco, Forcoletta and San Primo mountains, and it is in these foothills that you’ll find accommodation with views that stretch along the lake in both directions, not just across it. These hillside picks are a great option for walkers, who will be able to start many impressive rambles right out of the hotel doors. Among the recommended routes are a number visiting the local sites, including a collection of churches and chapels with impressive frescoes and statuary.
Lezzeno is also a great destination for foodies. It’s not flashy, but its specialities are unusual in the region, and include Missoltini, a freshwater fish sun-dried and grilled. Lezzeno is also pleasingly un-obvious, and when you look into the region’s history there are all sorts of fascinating tales and anomalies worth exploring, so our Gurus highly recommend Lezzeno to anyone with a taste for an historic tale.
However as with all the villages around Lake Como, the best places to stay in Lezzeno get very busy during the peak summer months. If you're planning a visit in July or August, do your homework and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Lezzeno
- The Filario Hotel is just the right size for a couples escape, and with just the right facilities. It boasts incredible views, especially from the infinity pool, and the 13 contemporary rooms and suites come with large, comfortable furniture, spacious bathrooms and huge windows. Just below the infinity pool there’s a private pebble beach, and beside it is the restaurant terrace which serves very good traditional Italian dishes.
- The Hotel Villa Aurora is a small, traditional hotel, with a sun deck and private balconies that jut just above the water of Lake Como. It has 20 rooms and suites, and two apartments which sleep up to 7, all simply decorated with wooden floors, creamy walls, and romantic details. Our favourite rooms have private corner balconies. The restaurant is just above the sun deck, and serves a classic Italian menu, including pizza. Great for families and groups, and you can bring your pets too.
For Great Value
- The Nest on the Lake is a charming B&B with five rooms and self-catering apartments, that’s right up against the water. The rooms are well planned and comfortable, with private lake-view terraces and simple, comfortable furnishings. The breakfast room is charming, with exposed stone and ceiling beams, and there’s a great little bar too. There’s also a sunny terrace, a small garden and you can rent bikes or canoes.
Prefer a Self-catering Apartment or villa?
- Sometimes a villa or apartment is the best option if you're travelling in a larger group, so if you decide that you'd prefer a self catering option, check out our online booking partner, booking.com for some inspiration.
- Lezzeno is between international airports: Milan’s Linate, Malpensa and Bergamo Airport are about an hour away by road, or around two hours by train, while Brescia-Montichiari and Verona-Villafranca are both about two hours drive, or four and a half on the train via Milan,
- The Lake Como region is great for a road trip. If you'd like to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Lake Como has a milder climate than its surrounds, its great body of water helps regulate the temperature, and allows for sub-tropical plants like vines and olive trees to grow throughout the year. Winter does get chilly, and in summer it can be humid, but broadly speaking ithe area has some of the best weather conditions in Europe. April through to October are the busiest months for visitors; warm and sunny, perfect for a lake break. The water of the lake even heats up during summer, and can get to 20°C come July! So if you are visiting at this time it’s worth booking as much as you can in advance.
Still not sure where to stay?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como
- Consider including other local towns in your search maybe beautiful Bellagio, along the shore to the east or Tremezzo, just across the water
- You could also consider refining your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, be it the best hotels with a view on Lake Como, the best luxury hotels on Lake Como, the best hotels for families on Lake Como, or the best value hotels on Lake Como
- Or you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Lezzeno
Best Hotels in Lezzeno
Nest on the Lake Lezzeno 5 rooms from £95Hideaway - The lakeside property feels secluded and quiet, perfect to get away from it allLocal exploring - Located an easy boat ride to Varenna and other attractionsViews - Wonderful views over Lake ComoSights nearby - Some of Como's most spectacular villas are very close by
Hotel Villa Aurora Lezzeno 22 rooms from £95Groups - The property has two separate well-equipped apartments (both sleeping up to 7) which are ideal for small groups or familiesLocal exploring - Well positioned on Lake Como with Comacina Island, the splendid Villa Balbianello, and Lezzeno nearbyHistoric - The building dates back to the 20th century and has remained in the Gregorio family since 1965Great walks - Walk from Lezzeno to Alpe dei Picett along the pretty hiking trail that runs around the lake
A historic small hotel set on Lake Como's shores. Rooms and apartments are simply styled with wooden floors, soft hues, and lovely lake views (the best have balconies). A terraced restaurant serves healthy Italian fare and pizzas. A laidback family-owned base well suited to families or couples. See More
Filario Hotel Lezzeno 13 rooms from £278Total relaxation - With its private beach, infinity pool with a view, delicious Italian food and super stylish rooms, there's no need to move!Foodies - Authentic Italian cuisine served either in the stylish restaurant or on the terrace overlooking the lakeSelf catering to rent - The property features a range of one to three bedroom properties - ideal for families or small groupsLakeside - Lake Como - with private beach area
A super stylish design hotel with an outdoor infinity pool and private beach area on Lake Como. Bedrooms are decorated in cool earth tones with modern amenities and large showers. Restaurant with terrace overlooking the lake serves trad Italian fare. A chic spot in an excellent lakeside location. See More