Search the best hotels in Bellagio
Beautiful, glamorous Bellagio sits at the peak of the inverted ‘Y’ of Lake Como, the perfect destination for exploring the lake and admiring its pristine views. But the town itself is a popular attraction, it’s one of the prettiest and most famous on the lake, and some of the best places to stay in Bellagio are also some of the grandest places to stay on Lake Como.
So famous that it can be a bit busy by the quay, but you can still escape the crowds and find great hotels in Bellagio, if you venture upwards along streets which seem to be all steps, towards the town’s green shutters and red roofs and traditional old appeal. Beyond that you’ll find the colourful rhododendron groves and the Villa Serbelloni where Napoleon once stayed.
What Not To Miss
- The spectacular architecture at I Giardini di Villa Melzi with its sensational views over the lake. The gardens are also one of the main attractions here with a wonderful assortment of plants and trees.
- For something a bit different visit Madonna del Ghisallo - a well-kept chapel and museum dedicated to cycling with various historic cycling pieces inside - a must for cycling fans!
- Or for impressive views across Lake Como and onto the Swiss Alps visit La Punta Spartivento for a delightful meal with a view.
- For a different perspective of the stunning area, rent a boat to explore the lake and enjoy some tranquil time on the water.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Bellagio allow visitors to really relax and enjoy the stunning surroundings.
The best places to stay in Bellagio
For Lakeside Views
- The Hotel Florence is a stunning hotel with design mimicking its Florentine namesake. It has just 27 lovely rooms and sumptuous suites, some with private balconies or shared terrace and spectacular views - of course! There’s also a gourmet restaurant and a small spa.
- From its elevated position the Belvedere enjoys panoramic views to die for! Plus you'll love the charming gardens and infinity pool, not to mention the sleek contemporary rooms.
Prefer a holiday apartment or villa?
- Travelling in a group of friends or family? Often you'll find that self catering is the best bet. For a wide range of options, check out our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Orio al Serio International Airport (Bergamo Airport) located 65km (40 miles) from Bellagio with a range of flights across Europe.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the stunning lake, click here for prices and booking with our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the summer from June to August to enjoy the stunning scenery and charming towns. But for a less crowded visit, try to come in May or September when it's still warm but many of the tourists have gone.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Bellagio for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como?
- Or you could consider the Gurus recommendations for the 8 best luxury hotels on Lake Como? or the 8 best Lake Como hotels for an active break?
- Or even the best hotels with a view on Lake Como? or the best hotels on Lake Como for foodies?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Bellagio
Best Hotels in Bellagio
Hotel Florence Bellagio 27 rooms from £139Romantic Break - Cruise on the lake or stroll through the countryside before unwinding in the small spa, perfect activities for a romantic breakFoodies - Dine on gourmet Italian dishes set on a pretty wisteria-shaded lakeside terraceOwner managed - The property has been in the same family for the past 100 yearsViews - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoRecommended by - CN Traveller
Hotel Belvedere, Bellagio Bellagio 64 rooms from £256Views - From its elevated position above Bellagio, the Belvedere enjoys fabulous lake views.Local exploring - A great base for exploring Lake Como and the surrounding area.Spa - With Turkish Bath, sauna and comfort zone with stunning mountain views, plus wide range of beauty, body and massage treatmentsRestaurant - Delicious Italian cuisine can be enjoyed either in the Verandah restaurant or outside on the terrace
Set back on a gorgeous hillside, this peaceful retreat has been run by one family for five generations. Enjoy the secluded garden spots shaded by olive trees and the heated infinity pool with a view. Elegant bedrooms and apartments with parquet flooring and Italian furnishings. A beautiful spot. See More