The 15 Best Luxury Hotels on Mallorca
Mallorca is a popular destination for summering in Europe for a number of reasons, but the island’s beautiful coastline is definitely one. As are the pleasures of Palma de Mallorca with its cultural treasures. And the beautiful rural views and pretty hamlets and villages. There’s hiking and biking, a great foodie scene and numerous fascinating galleries and boutiques. There’s plenty of luxury to be found on Mallorca, and if you’re here to treat yourself then our Guru’s list of the best luxury hotels on Mallorca is the best place to start looking for your accommodation.
Their recommendations for the 14 best luxury hotels on Mallorca are very varied, there’s a luxurious finca, several converted palaces, castles and mansions, honeymoon havens, some beachside beauties with spectacular sea views, some hip hotels with restaurants to see and be seen in, and even some great recommendations for the best luxury hotels on Mallorca for your whole family.
The 15 Best Luxury Hotels on Mallorca
To Escape to!
- La Residencia in Deià is a remarkable hotel offering sheer luxury in its 67 rooms. Overlooking beautiful gardens, these rooms are decorated with antiques and four poster beds. There’s a pool, an excellent spa and an award-winning restaurant.
- The idyllic Son Brull Hotel and Spa in Pollença is a deluxe resort with a very popular restaurant and a spoiling spa. Set amid its own vineyard there are beautiful views and great walks.
- The Castell Son Claret is a beautifully converted 14th Century castle which has lost none of its luxury or glamour in the conversion, There are 38 rooms, a wonderful spa with options to do yoga classes as well as have massages or treatments, plus there’s a Michelin starred restaurant.
The Most Romantic Luxury Hotels
- Valldemossa in Valldemossa is a 12 room hotel offering timeless sophistication and first class service against a stunning backdrop. There’s a gourmet restaurant, spa and pool on site.
- The Hospes Maricel is a wonderfully romantic hotel right on the Mediterranean in Carretera Andratx. There are 44 peaceful rooms, a wonderful restaurant on a beautiful sun terrace and an infinity pool which tumbles directly into the Med.
- Ca's Xorc is a beautiful boutique hotel in a stunning location between Deià and Sóller. There are exceptional panoramic views from the sprawling terraces and 15 lovely, airy rooms. There’s also a fabulous gourmet Mediterranean restaurant.
The Best Luxury Beach Hotels
- Can Simoneta in Canyamel is a peaceful clifftop hotel with a romantic terrace restaurant and direct access to the ocean via a flight of steep steps cut directly into the cliffs. There are just 13 rooms, but lots of facilities.
- The Hotel Villa Italia is a harbour-side villa hotel with spectacular views out to sea, a fine restaurant, both indoor and outdoor pools, and a spa. There are just 16 sophisticated rooms.
The Best Luxury City Break Hotels
- The Hotel Convent de la Missió is a sublimely converted 17th Century convent in the heart of Palma de Mallorca’s old town. There are now 27 beautiful, white-on-white minimalist rooms and a Michelin starred restaurant - one of the hottest on the island.
- In the same area, right by Palma de Mallorca’s cathedral, you’ll also find the Palacio Ca Sa Galesa, a quirky, 12 room hotel full of character. Expect antiques, and even stained glass, plus a spa which sits within original Roman baths. The sun terrace has amazing views.
- Also in Palma de Mallorca, Can Cera is an historic townhouse turned five star, 12 room hotel. The decor is elegant and traditional, with antique furniture and artworks. Some of the larger rooms and suites have private balconies, and there’s a fantastic rooftop terrace restaurant with stunning views.
The Best Luxury Hotels For Families
- Son Julia is an historic mansion beautifully resorted into a 25 room hotel. There’s a great Mediterranean restaurant, a choice of two swimming pools, a jacuzzi and a Turkish steam bath. There’s also a gym.
- The Finca Son Gener is a boutique finca with the beach in one direction and the mountains in the other. There are ten large suites decorated in cool, natural tones, with oak beams and private balconies. Plus there’s an excellent spa, a traditional restaurant and beautiful orchards and olive groves all around.
The Best Value Luxury Hotels on Mallorca
- The Hotel L'Avenida in Sóller is a boutique hotel in a former mansion. The decor is chic, elegant and contemporary and you’re within walking distance to cafes, restaurants and sights.
- Or you could book La Moraleja, a boutique hotel close to the beaches and the mountains. There are 22 elegantly designed rooms, showcasing interesting art, large, private terraces plus a choice of formal or informal dining and a poolside bar, games room, library and a collection of vintage cars.
- Palau sa Font is a boutique hotel converted from a wonderful 16th Century building in trendy La Lonja in Palma de Mallorca’s old town. There are 19 bright, airy rooms with handmade furniture, original contemporary art and Mediterranean style floors. There’s also a rooftop plunge pool and terrace with spectacular views.
The Hippest Luxury Hotels on Mallorca
- Hotel Tres is a super hip, minimalist hotel converted from a 16th Century building in Palma de Mallorca’s old town. There are 41 large rooms and suites - some with cathedral views, plus a spectacular rooftop terrace with a pool, sauna and panoramic views. There’s also lively courtyard bar.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the 15 best luxury hotels on Mallorca might be perfect for you?
- You could expand your search to include all best places to stay on Mallorca?
- Or refine your search to just the 10 Best Luxury Hotels in Palma de Mallorca?
- Or just the 12 Best Beach Hotels on Mallorca? or the 10 Best Spa Hotels on Mallorca?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The 15 Best Luxury Hotels on Mallorca
La Residencia 67 rooms from £355Deià, Mallorca
Sheer luxury at this remarkable hotel that sprawls over a hillside in Deià. Beautiful gardens, top notch dining, antiques and four posters. Romantic setting, ideal for honeymooning or just pure relaxation - every comfort is catered for. Outdoor pools and a fine spa, with local country pursuits.Romantic Break - Beautiful views, the perfect place to unwindFoodies - Boastin an award-winning restaurantWellbeing - Excellent spa and saunaRomantic - Beautiful, luxurious destinationRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Kiwi Collection
Son Brull Hotel and Spa 23 rooms from £555Pollensa, Mallorca
A super deluxe and undeniably trendy hotel with restaurant, bar & spa outside Pollença. Produce for the fantastic restaurant comes straight from the farm, or neighbours. Standing above its own vineyard, it's ideal for couples wanting to escape and unwind in a blissfully spoiling environment.Romantic Break - Ideal couples getaway, cocktails by the pool, wine and gourmet cuisine in the restaurant and effortless style in the rooms.Spa breaks - A modern spa with sauna, Turkish steamroom and massages- treatments making the most of Mallorca's natural produce.Great walks - A great starting point for walking at the foothills of the Tramuntana mountains.Sailing - Boat hire and lessons can be organised from the hotel.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Castell Son Claret 38 rooms from £391Calvia, Mallorca
Luxurious reincarnation of a 14th century castle in the South Western corner of the island. Serious pampering here with spa, yoga, massage and super attentive staff on hand plus Michelin starred dining. The perfect spot for a romantic retreat.Restaurant - Michelin starred cuisine in the Zaranda restaurantRomantic BreakFoodiesGreat walks - Hiking trails close by and plenty of pathways for walks around the estate.
Valldemossa 12 rooms from £219Valldemossa, Mallorca
A first class privately-owned Relais & Chateaux hotel offering timeless sophistication and impeccable service in a stunningly picturesque and romantic setting with a gourmet restaurant, spa, pool and spacious, comfortable suites. Ideal for special occasions and couples who want to unwind in privacyLuxuryGarden - Attractive outside space.Romantic BreakSwimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor poolsRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Mr & Mrs Smith
Hospes Maricel 51 rooms from £193Carretera Andratx, Mallorca
A sizeably grand 5 star hotel with bright, contemporary rooms situated on the seafront outside Palma. Great old school service and wonderful views - for couples and families with older children. Awarded ‘the best breakfast in the world’ at the II Summit of Madrid FusiónRestaurant - The Senzone Restaurant hosts the best Chefs of Japanese gastronomy in Spain.Sit-out Terrace - A spectacular terrace that juts out into the sea.Seaviews - A romantic backdrop to any occasion.Quiet - Set in the seclusion of the bay.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Ca's Xorc 15 rooms from £184Carretera de Deia, Mallorca
A truly special boutique hotel in a stunning location between Soller and Deia with far reaching panoramic views from sprawling terraces. Lovely airy rooms, fabulous food, charming staff and a gorgeous infinity pool make it hard to beat. Gourmet, romantic, and perfect for a wedding.Views - Panoramic views from the terrace of both sea and mountainsFoodies - Fabulous Mediterranean restaurant.HoneymoonsRomantic BreakRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Can Simoneta 13 rooms from £162Canyamel
This hotel offers unique tranquility from its cliff top perch. Carved steps down to the sea, magnificent views of the coastline, dinner on the restaurant terrace under the stars. A romantic destination.Beach nearby - Direct access to the sea over a winding stair directly to the water-basin and private access to the public beach of Canyamel.Outstanding location - A rural setting but minutes from towns and with direct access to the beaches.Views - The hotel restaurant has views over the bay of Canyamel.Watersports - Water skiing, fishing, diving, motorboats, paddle boats.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Hotel Villa Italia 16 rooms from £175Puerto de Andratx, Mallorca
A sumptuous villa hotel with a fabulous harbour location and beautiful sea views. Fine restaurant, serving designer Mediterranean and international cuisine. Rooms are sleek and most have roman pillars and stuccoed ceilings. Excellent pool and spa. A luxurious, sophisticated seaside break.Restaurant - Designer Mediterranean and international cuisineViews - Beautiful coastal viewsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and indoor poolTraditional - Renovated 1920s manor
Hotel Convent de la Missió 27 rooms from £270Palma de Mallorca
Sublime monastic serenity in a central location, this converted convent offers elegance and understated luxury in an historic building. White on white minimalistic rooms give an air of calm. It’s also home to the renowned Michelin star Simply Fosh restaurant. A spoiling stay.Foodies - Boasts one of Malloca's hottest restaurants, the innovative and always spectacular Simply Fosh, advance booking is a must.Writing a novel - A 17th century convent, turned uber trendy minimalist hotel, with plenty of natural light and an on site gallery.Great walks - Wander the winding lanes of the picturesque and busy old town.Sights nearby - Close to the impressive Le Seu Cathedral.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Palacio Ca Sa Galesa 12 rooms from £166Palma de Mallorca
Quirky hotel in a prime Old Town location with some very fine artworks. Full of character, with old fashioned rooms filled with antique furniture and pretty stained glass. A sun terrace with a wonderful city view. The spa sits in genuine Roman baths. Well positioned, intimate, informal and romantic.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with the heated indoor pool, sauna, Roman baths, hot tub and extensive list of treatments and massages.City Style - A chic hotel in a 16th century building with fantastic rooftop terrace boasting epic views of the Cathedral.Great walks - Lovely hikes through the island start from just outside the city.Sights nearby - Just steps from the city Cathedral, a must see.Recommended by - I Escape
Can Cera 12 rooms from £145Palma de Mallorca
A historic townhouse renovated to Five Star luxury. Traditional elegant interiors boast antique furnishings, art works, and sophisticated style. Large romantic rooms and suites have private balconies. Fantastic restaurant and stunning views from the roof top terrace. Stylish, grown-up, luxurious.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakCity StyleRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Son Julia 25 rooms from £219Llucmajor
Historic mansion beautifully restored offering large, elegant rooms and bathrooms. Surrounded by 300-year-old gardens, its own vineyard and views from terraces and patios. A gourmet restaurant serves delicious food and wine. Choice of two swimming pools. Ideal for family holidays or a break for two.Spa breaks - A heated pool, jacuzzi and a Turkish steam bath along with several other beauty treatments availableFoodies - A great onsite restaurant serves a unique mix of Mediterranean and Asian cuisineActive Holiday - Sports and activities, a gym and carbon racing bikesPrivate Hot Tub - Available in The Deluxe, Grand Suite and Suite Room Category
Finca Son Gener 10 rooms from £285Artà (Son Servera)
A chic boutique finca with beach and mountain in its surrounds. Large suites decorated in cool natural tones with oak beams, private balconies, and all the mod cons. Excellent spa, beautiful orchards, and a traditional restaurant. Perfect for an active beach holiday. Family friendly too.Country Escape - Set in beautiful gardens near orchards and olive groves, with distant views of the sea.Kayaking - Explore the secluded seacaves- The Coves d’ArtaSights nearby - Arta is a charming town set in rolling hillsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsRecommended by - I Escape, Great Small Hotels
Hotel L'Avenida 12 rooms from £180Sóller, Mallorca
Chic boutique in a former mansion house, with elegant contemporary styling and a relaxed atmosphere. Ideal location in Soller, within walking distance of many of the charming cafes. Sun yourself by the courtyard pool or on one of the beaches. The perfect choice for groups.Local exploring - A perfect spot from which to access Soller's quaint streets by foot and just a short ride to the port and beach.Groups - This ultra chic mansion is available as an exclusive rental, ideal for a glamourous group break.Sights nearby - Visit Palma's art galleries, cathedral and boutiques.Restrictions on children - No children under 14.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
La Moraleja 22 rooms from £114Cala Sant Vincenç (Cala Sant Vicenç)
A chic boutique hotel located close to the beaches and mountains of Mallorca. Elegantly designed rooms showcasing interesting artworks offer great views from the large terraces. Formal and informal dining options and a poolside bar. A games room, library and a collection of vintage cars on-site.Total relaxation - A luxurious wellness area to enjoy a sauna, a dip in the hoth tub, a massage or natural skin treatmentsActive Holiday - The hotel is a great base to indulge in various sports activities that the island has on offerGreat walks - Walking excursions can be organised and are a great way to explore the surrouding areasDiving - For more experienced divers
Palau sa Font 19 rooms from £127Palma de Mallorca
16th century designer boutique hotel in Old Town, close to some of Palma's best nightlife. Bright airy rooms, handmade furniture, Mediterranean floors and original contemporary art. Rooftop terrace with spectacular views and plunge pool. An ideal base for exploring the city.Total relaxation - Peaceful and elegant rooms, a roof terrace offering sweeping views of the city and a refreshing plunge pool.City Style - A beautiful and chic design hotel in the heart of the trendy La Lonja area.Sights nearby - The hotel is within walking distance of Palma's impressive Cathedral.Views - City views from the rooftopRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors
Hotel Tres 41 rooms from £149Palma de Mallorca
Swedish owned, minimalist and super hip hotel in converted 16th century buildings in the old town. Large, chic rooms and suites, some with cathedral views. Spectacular rooftop terrace with pool, sauna and panoramic views. Lively bar and courtyard scene. Ideal for city exploring.City Style - Totally chic interiors located in one of Palma's hippest areasSights nearby - A short walk to the impressive city Cathedral.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels