The 8 Coolest hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is filled with hip hotels that combine the coolest of 21st century style with the charm of historic buildings, luxurious rooms and up-to-the-minute bars and restaurants. Many of the coolest hotels in Amsterdam cluster in the Negen Straatjes neighbourhood and elsewhere on the Canal Belt and in the neighbouring Jordaan district. You'll also find ultra-cool places to stay in the newly-trendy Noord and Eastern Docklands neighbourhoods.
The 8 Coolest Hotels in Amsterdam
For night owls
- Guests at Sir Adam Hotel can enjoy two of the city's coolest nightspots, smart bars and restaurants and a rooftop bar with breathtaking sunset views atop the landmark A'DAM Toren.
- The Lobby bar at Hotel V Nesplein is the perfect spot for after-dinner drinks or a nightcap after an evening on the town. Bedrooms are quietly colourful in a minimalist way.
For retro style
- Like its London namesake, The Hoxton, is so hip it hurts. High-ceilinged rooms feature brass chandeliers, original wood floors, vintage mirrors and exposed beams and brickwork.
- Lloyd Hotel and Cultural Embassy was built for one of Amsterdam's great shipping lines and still evokes the golden age of the ocean liner. Individually designed rooms range from minimalist to vividly colourful.
- Flawless service is a hallmark of The Dylan, where the menu at the Michelin-starred Vinkeles restaurant matches the flair of stunning luxury suites.
For art lovers
- Fantasy design themes in public areas and bedrooms turn Andaz Amsterdam into a virtual art installation. Rijksmuseum is nearby.
- The on-site 5&33 Gallery at Art'Otel Amsterdam features work by contemporary artists, and rooms are filled with work from hotel owner Joep van Lieshout's studio.
- Cocktails on the terrace at College Hotel, beside the Vondelpark, are a perfect way to finish a day at the nearby Rijksmuseum.
Hotel V Nesplein Amsterdam 42 rooms from £150Contemporary - Loft-style rooms are super chic.City Style - Central Amsterdam locationLocal markets - Floating flower market (Singel canal between Koningsplein and Muntplein) and the open-air market on Albert CuypstraatLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape
Sir Adam Hotel Amsterdam 108 rooms from £202City Style - A quirky and unique skyscrapper conversion, filled with artists, roadies, and fashionistas- uber cool!Local exploring - WIth many attractions on your doorstep there's no excuse not to go see all that the city has toSights nearby - See the beautiful Royal Palace, visit Dam Square or head to Anne Frank HouseGreat walks - Meander through the city's streets getting a feel for its unique atmosphereRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Design Hotels
The trendy Sir Adam Hotel is located in Amsterdam's historic centre overlooking the IJ-river. Plush rooms with funky features such as exposed stone walls and contemporary artworks. The Butcher Social Club serves up wonderful burgers with a great selection of beers. A one of a kind spot! See More
The Hoxton, Amsterdam Amsterdam 111 rooms from £156City Style - A sleek hotel offering chic design and easy access to the city centre.Sailing - Take a scenic cruise along the canals.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Lively - Hip and happening.
A retro chic hotel in the heart of the city. Spacious rooms feature sink-into beds, parquet floors, wood panelling and luxurious bathrooms. There's hotel bikes to rent, a very good restaurant and a lively bar. Just a stroll from many of the major sights and set on one of the prettiest canals. See More
Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy Amsterdam 117 rooms from £99Local markets - Explore the hip new Oostelijk Havengebied quarter, Amsterdam’s ‘New East’, in which the hotel is located.Sights nearby - Bimhuis concert hall is a just 15-minute walk from the property.Restaurant - Serving light meals and an extensive breakfast buffetQuirky - A creative hub, arty and innovativeRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Michelin Travel
Beautifully renovated cultural hub, where travellers can enjoy frequent art exhibitions and cultural events. Rooms are uniquely decorated, with modern Dutch designer furniture and original features - wooden beams and original tiling. An innovative location, dripping with creativity. See More
The Dylan Hotel Amsterdam 40 rooms from £289Foodies - Michelin starred Vinkeles restaurant serves impeccable cuisine and the lounge bar is one of the hottest spots in the city.City Style - A wonderfully balanced design hotel with the perfect mix of style and practicality, ideally set within the grachtengordel.Local markets - Discover the world’s only floating Flower Market within a 15 minute walk of the hotel.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Andaz Amsterdam Amsterdam 122 rooms from £240Romantic BreakCity Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sights nearby - Anne Frank House, Wester Church, Royal Palace, and the Red Light District.Recommended by - CN Traveller, Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
A spectacular Five Star boutique hotel, the ultimate in fantastical design. The suites, garden, spa, restaurant, bar and library are designer showcases - fish head centre pieces, chandeliers, ornate cornicing, murals, porcelain, metallic gold etc. Canal side cool and splendour. Romantic too. See More
Art'otel, Amsterdam Amsterdam 107 rooms from £184City StyleSights nearby - Bang in the centre of town with Dam Square on the doorstep. Close to all major attractionsLively - Hip and happening.Local markets - Good for local colour.
The College Hotel Amsterdam 40 rooms from £173Restaurant - Serving up locally sourced fresh ingrediants, the restaurant has become a popular spot with locals so book ahead.Designer - Interiors by famed designer Martijn de Goede.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Four star boutique in Amsterdam's Fashion and Museum District. Welcomed by sensual interiors, the modern guest rooms are spacious and a great base for local exploring. Enjoy the Bar Lounge and the High Tea, a cocktail on the terrace and mouth watering dishes throughout the day. Vibrant and trendy. See More