- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best B&Bs in Cornwall
Cornwall’s beautiful coastline, ripe for walking and just admiring, and unique, and friendly, culture are the perfect setting for a B&B break. Sure, there are some amazing hotels in Cornwall, but more often than not a B&B is a bit more intimate, a bit more friendly and a bit more peaceful. And our Guru’s recommendations for the best B&Bs in Cornwall are all of these and more.
The list of the best B&Bs in Cornwall includes an arty escape in St Ives, a boutique bolthole in Bude, an adults-only guesthouse in Mevagissey and a peaceful palatial house in Padstow. Plus more charmers than available weekends!
The Best B&Bs in Cornwall
For getting away from it all
- If you appreciate beautiful, peaceful surroundings then Ennys, the Georgian estate, turned four bedroom B&B is perfect for you. There’s also a grass tennis court and a heated pool in the gardens, which also have a glass yoga studio. And they do an afternoon tea or cakes in the vast farmhouse kitchen.
- Botelet is a charming, off-the-beaten-track farmhouse B&B with a collection of self catering cottages and yurts surrounding the main house. There’s old world charm, but it’s also comfortable and cosy. Plus the breakfasts are quite indulgent, and rooms start from around £100 per night. 45mins from Polzeath Beach.
- Pendragon Country House will also suit those looking for a country escape. Situated amid the stunning North Cornwall landscape and just six miles from the sea. Interiors are traditional with four poster beds, and squashy leather sofas. A perfect base for walkers with loads of paths close by.
With a view
- Trevose Harbour House in arty St. Ives is a stunning, nautical inspired B&B with wonderful views of the Cornish coastline and six individually designed rooms. There’s a snug and honesty bar downstairs and the all-organic breakfasts are legendary.
- Sitting high on the cliffs above Mevagissey, Pebble House has panoramic views over Mevagissey Bay. It also has six spacious rooms and suites in a contemporary style with luxurious finishes. They even have a drying room for your muddy boots to help retain the luxurious feel.
- Woodlands Country House in Padstow has eight brightly coloured, antique-filled bedrooms, plus a delightful terrace and garden. The breakfast is a feast and the views are excellent!
- In Boscastle, on the northern Cornish coast, The Old Rectory is about as historically romantic as you can get - this is where Thomas Hardy met his wife. Obviously it wasn’t a B&B then, but these days the four tranquil, romantic rooms in pale hues, the manicured gardens and beautifully cooked meals, hark back to the days when it was a country house.
- Ednovean Farm is an adults only B&B by Penzance, with just three rooms, decorated in the French country style. It’s just a short stroll from the beach and several award winning restaurants.
- Nearwater in pretty St Mawes is another good bet for couples. There are just three smart, nautically themed rooms and for a truly special day out, get the owner to take you sailing!
For great value
- The Artist Residence in Penzance offers chic, colourful accommodation in the heart of Penzance. Plus there's a cottage and apartments which are perfect for larger groups or families. Doubles start from just £75 per night.
- Treverbyn House is a beautiful property with three B&B rooms just a short stroll from Padstow Harbour. The property has been under the same ownership for 20 years and a lot of care is taken over the decor and the service. And there’s an excellent Full English. Starting from £75 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best B&Bs in Cornwall might suit you?
- Expand your search to include our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall, or
- contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice